Thoughts?

Thoughts?

>Thoughts?
Is this the fresh new two week meme that will get replaced by something newer.

>Is this the fresh new two week meme that will get replaced by something newer.

What did he mean by this?

This is a really old meme, user.
Also just as a tip: any thread that starts with it is obviously a bait/shitposting thread.

The only fresh thing here is you.

It's dead, jim.

>god tier
Grave of the Fireflies
Only Yesterday
Whisper of the Heart
Spirited Away
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

>great tier
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Castle
From Up on Poppy Hill
The Wind Rises

>good tier
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
My Neighbors the Yamadas
The Cat Returns
Ponyo
Arrietty

>meh tier
Castle of Cagliostro
Porco Rosso
When Marnie Was There

>shit tier
The Little Norse Prince
Pom Poko
Tales from Earthsea

Some really good anime.

It kind of frustrates me how a lot of their movies tend to get so overrated by a mainstream audience though. Like placing Spirited Away as the #1 anime of all time. Yes, it's good, but it doesn't even come close to the all time great TV anime.

>Howl and Poppy Hill over Totoro, Yamadas, Lupin, Laputa and Porco Rosso
Unforgivable

>but it doesn't even come close to the all time great TV anime.
Spirited Away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Texhnolyze, LOGH, Mushishi, Aria, Kaiji, Lain, majority of Sup Forums-core shit

>god tier
>Grave of the Fireflies

stopped reading right there

They're pretty good, and I will watch their dubs because they hire actual actors.

>Like placing Spirited Away as the #1 anime of all time. Yes, it's good, but it doesn't even come close to the all time great TV anime.

Let's say that Spirited Away is overrated.
Does that somewhat changes, for the better or worse, its intrinsic value, contents and historical significance?
If in a decade or so people started calling Shakespeare or Homer "overrated", does that somewhat lessen their importance in literature and their respective achievements?
And even if it is overrated, should I like it less or more because of it?
I watch anything, from Miyazaki to Imaishi, I enjoy anime for what they are and what they try to do, even if they're not special snowflake acclaimed masterpieces, what matters is that I personally like them, period, I don't like many manga that are considered classics, I don't deny their qualities and achievements, I simply don't like what they are about and their style, the important thing is how much they resonate with you, just like every piece of art and media.
Some people don't like Imaishi, some others don't like Miyazaki, should I change my opinion of an author because others didn't like it as much as I did, or because too many or too few people like what I like?
For a board that complains about normies and sheep mentality you've sure fallen low if you rely on such an argument to get a reaction out of people, you don't critically evaluate something based on the number of people who like, dislike or like it too much, that's the salesman approach and it's the worst possible approach to true critical thinking, especially when it comes to art.

What? I even said it was good. What makes you think that I deny its qualities? My point was that I dislike how a lot of people only ever watch Ghibli and never give other anime a try, despite there being better gems out there.

Most of their films have really boring narratives for some reason. I could never put my finger on it. I had to force myself to finish most of them, especially Pom Poko and Kaguya-hime.
The Cat Returns, Omoide no Marnie, Spirited Away, and Totoro are the only ones I actually enjoyed, and some are pretty decent like Laputa and Nausicaa.

What did you think of Mononoke-hime if you've watched it? I agree with you, a lot of the ghibli movies were boring to me too, but Mononoke-hime was really enjoyable.

>Top Tier
Arrietty
Gauche the Cellist
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
My Neighbor Totoro
Ocean Waves
Spirited Away
The Wind Rises
Whisper of the Heart

>Good Tier
Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
Nausicaa
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
When Marnie Was There

>Ok Tier
Chie the Brat
Horus: Prince of the Sun
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Pom Poko
Ponyo
Princess Mononoke
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

>Boring Tier
From Up on Poppy Hill
Howl's Moving Castle
Panda Kopanda
Tales from Earthsea
The Cat Returns

I haven't seen that one yet. That, Grave of the Fireflies, and Porco Rosso are the only big ones I haven't seen yet.

There are other works just as good but not really "better". What gives you the authority to say they are better? Most casual Ghibli fans haven't even seen half of Ghibli. Ocean Waves, Gauche the Cellist and My Neighbors the Yamadas are more underappreciated than a good number of anime. Sup Forums-core anime like Texhnolyze, LOGH, Angel's Egg, Haibane Renmei, Aria, Utena, Kaiji,Tutu are more widely watched than these.

>Because they hire actual actors
I hate that so many animated films hire actors for voice work
They just bloat the costs

I guess it's better than anime dubs that hire literal random people off the street

>Masterpiece tier
Only Yesterday
My Neighbor Totoro
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Whisper of the Heart

>Excellent tier
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Gauche the Cellist
Kiki's Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro

>Great tier
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
The Wind Rises
Jarinko Chie
Ocean Waves
Grave of the Fireflies

>Good tier
Princess Mononoke
Porco Rosso
Panda Kopanda
When Marnie Was There
Nausicaa

>Ok tier
Ponyo
From Up on Poppy Hill
Pom Poko

>Mediocre tier
Arriety
The Cat Returns
Horus

>Bad tier
Howl's Moving Castle
Tales from Earthsea

>meh tier
>Porco Rosso

Just because Porco Rosso has recently been recognized as one of Ghibli's best works doesn't mean you have to shitpost.

>normies