Why wasn't this more popular?

Why wasn't this more popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQUTF8/
amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0-PlayStation-4/dp/B01JHQURAU/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because the VN was better, and VN threads go on /jp/

It was insanely popular when it aired. 6 years ago.

Posting best girl in anime.

Are you kidding? How much more popular could this shit have been?

It gets a thread like once a week, which is more than can be said of most 5 year old shows.

Yes, tsundere done right.
Any word on 0?

Steins;Gate was the Re:Zero of their time, prove me wrong

Pro tip: you can't

Wow you're right user this is truly an unknown masterpiece I thank you for showing me this hidden gem

Are you kidding OP?

Re: has had way more of it's share of homages. He called it a Time leap at one point, flat out. Leave it to White Fox.

Best girl in VN too.

Probably going to be a while. Just got released on PC in Japan, which means that there's an english patch in the works, so their energy is fairly divided. Not to mention White Fox isn't done this season, so it might take a while to make. The wait sucks

it's very popular but it's not like the trope was new. there was the ever17 series, muv luv unlimited/alternative also made a huge impact a few years earlier, etc

What do you mean? This is insanely popular.

faris must win most improved going from anime to vn

>LHC-made time paradox with time police trope

wow it's really like there are some people on Sup Forums that don't think Steins Gate was the best VN/anime ever made

Truthfully, I think the anime changed quite a lot and left a lot out of some important parts. Granted, it's not exactly feasible to make a perfect re-creation of it, especially with the whole thing being half Okabe's thoughts, but for fucks sake, they screwed up the whole Moeka/FB situation.

I agree that it's impossible. You also get additional depth to characters from different routes of the VN which they can't really adapt.

What did they screw up with Moeka/FB in the anime? It's been a long time since I watched/played it so I only have a general gist of what happened.

LEWD MAYUSHII NAO

In the Moeka chapter, Mr. Braun kills himself once Okabe and Moeka discover he's FB. He does this to save both Nae and Moeka from the Rounders. However, doing this causes Nae to go insane. She leaps back from 25 years in the future and kills Moeka, while promising to also kill Okabe in 25 years.

In the anime, however, Mr. Braun shoots Moeka because ???, and then himself, for a similar reason. They completely remove the part about Nae showing up completely, and remove a very important part of his character.

=\

Thanks user, have a (「・ω・)「

HNNNG THOSE TITS

I really don't have much Mayushii here, Satan.

Maybe because the time travel mechanics get stupid halfway through

>while promising to also kill Okabe in 25 years
Wasn't it the only time when Okabe knows that he'll never die until 2025, or are there any other scenes that hints it?
Because that detail is really important for Zero.

God, I miss Ever17.
Fuck 999.

>Why wasn't this more popular

Not everyone who watched it was high at the time

Because it wasn't NGE or a daytime battle shounen, and those are just about the only ways it could have been more popular.

Last I head, August 28th was when we find out we're actually on the Beta world line.

>I believe it's also brought up as proof when the video d-mail reaches him and he learns it was made 15 years later

You asked for this.

Pc release was delayed till august 26th unless I'm mistaken. no telling if Reading Steiner is going to translate or if he knows there's going to be a translation soon™.

did i hear a request for mayuri?

>why wasn't this more popular
You know that Steins Gate is one of the most popular anime? Even a lot of normies have watched it.
Fucking retard

But S;G is still getting glowing praise and attention from people 5 years after it aired.

Yes.

Mayuri is for tender, fertile, marriage.

It was overshadowed by madoka, not only that but it also aired during the earthquake.

>madoka came out before steins:gate

what the fuck, my memories of the early 2000s are all jumbled

it aired at the same time iirc.

That video d-mail didn't quite imply that he's going to die later in 2025, it was only brought up again after he successfully saves Kurisu.
Well, whatever, hopefully the staffs manage to handle it properly.

because it's full of asspulls

Which is a shame because Madoka generally fell flat in my opinion.

Re:zero rip off

>Why wasn't this more popular?
The fuck, if anything most of Sup Forums will say it's too popular. Literally the only good part of SciAdv and the Re:Zero of the previous generation.

>my memories of the early 2000s are all jumbled
user are you ok?

Didn't Madoka aired in winter while S;G in spring?

madoka
January 7, 2011 – April 21, 2011

s;g
Original run April 6, 2011 – September 14, 2011
earthquake
11 March 2011
You're right. they did overlap towards the end of the winter though.

and then we had panty and stocking during christmas.

2011 was a wild ride

Re:zero pulled off the stuck in the timeloop suffering better.

Anyone have link to torrent of VN?

this is a seasonal free zone

its in the usual place

nyaa.se?

>Zero will be available in a couple years
>The day it's available you will realize that time flew by

I care about all the Steins;Gate girls far too much to be healthy.

I want my time back.

normies first waifu

Why is she in the washing machine Sup Forums?

>S;G was released since almost a year already

I still remember when I watched the trailers, and watched the stream for a day when it came out and someone played it
I missed some parts, like the Maho route and almost the whole Bad End, it was fun

Kill yourself.

CHESTICALS

It was massively popular you mong.

Maho route was generally regarded as worst route sadly.

>Maho route
I guess you're talking about S;G 0. TL soon, apparently.

Yeah I heard that, I read a bit of the Google Doc who gives spoilers for each route, and it seemed a bit boring and out of place. Plus I think it's almost the same ending as the Leskinen one.

I couldn't read everything, I just went with the True ending, and couldn't really understand everything. I think there are plotholes.

Anyway, is the Soundtrack available on download ? I'm not sure The Sound of Steins Gate is available despite being out for several months.

>several months

It's one of reddit's most frequently recommended shows

Just like Cowboy Bebop, NGE and Mononoke Hime. Your point?

How could you possibly have too much affection for S;G girls?

Reddit liking a thing doesn't make it bad or wrong user. Not always.

Well, Re:Zero is currently airing. Once the hype dies down, S;G will take the throne once more.

Who gives a shit what reddit thinks about anime?

That shit eater seems he's giving some.

Yeah, they come here, shitpost, see our good taste, and go back to recommend it to their reddit pals who're too scared to go on the big, bad, Sup Forums.

999 was good though

I'll admit the last sequence with the upside-down sudoku absolutely nailed its atmosphere and pathos, but 999 really pissed me off by reusing old plot points and ideas to explore and say so much less than Ever17 did.
It really cowtowed for style points over any thematic, environmental or interpersonal substance.
Uchikoshi should be ashamed.

With that said, I've heard that the sequels are exceptional, so I should probably give those a try.
Maybe they'll better leverage the gameplay: that also felt tacked onto most of 999 too, which also annoyed me.

Well, the true ending was more of an epilogue, the Vega/Altair chapter feels more fitting for a final chapter. Yes, there's some noticeable plotholes like Kagari.
I thought The Sound of Steins Gate is already on nyaa?

Goddammit, I read it just two weeks ago. Too soon.

If anything, he should be ashamed of Remember 11 for the incomplete ending

It's shit and boring
Movie did it better

There are many here who seem to dislike Lukako and Moeka and I just cannot discriminate.

The rest of Infinity is pretty iffy, definitely.
I liked 12Riven, though.
Kind of mediocre but pretty sound structurally.

It was popular but it was shit adaptation anyway

Not everybody can be Shane fucking Carruth.

>Literally the only good part of SciAdv
Fuck you, Chaos;Head was fun

That ending though. The B ending was more fitting.

Here's your (You).

>time travel show
>it's boring
Literally they could do every event in history but we get boring japan city
WHY

Eh, it's a pretty alright happy end with a power of friendship. Actually, I am not even sure why exactly you achieve ending B for taking those exact delusions. Is it completely arbitrary?

C;H is obviously a better product than R;N, but I like R;N more.

I actually forgot to check on nyaa, it's probably there now that you say it.

For the ending I don't get why Okabe takes the time machine and fuck off, I mean what's the point of going after Mayuri and Suzuha, in fact couldn't that fuck up more the time lines? And when he finds them what will he do? If he takes the time machine, which time machine will the baby's Suzuha use when she grows up? Be cause Mayuri took the first time machine any Okabe took the one made by Daru.

>time travel film
>it's boring
Literally they could do every event in history but we get boring american town
WHY

Kinda wish to know Moonrunes so i could read it

What are you fuckers talking about? Official localization for 0 has been confirmed for months. Seems like only PS4 and Vita have been confirmed, so someone would need to patch the translation into the PC version, but still.
September 27th, according to Amazon.
amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQUTF8/
amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0-PlayStation-4/dp/B01JHQURAU/

The only common factor those delusion share is that there's always a "Whose eyes are those eyes?" in there. In that sense, Ending B is the "Whose eyes are those eyes?" ending.

de.su stein's gate is more interesting than back to the future

it also didn't have like 3 retarded as fuck sequels

Back to the Future 3 is good you nigger

>and then we had panty and stocking during christmas.
That was 2010

Back to the Future is great, and had two good sequels.
Fuck you, nigger.