Apart from the fairy arc, I didn't really mind SAO. Is something wrong with me?

Apart from the fairy arc, I didn't really mind SAO. Is something wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9NlThB3SY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck is 'didn't really mind' supposed to mean?

You piss me off.

You're probably like me. I'm not a good judge on writing.

The first season I was okay with but when season 2 came I dropped it.

Not really. Fairy arc is widely regarded as the worst arc, far below all the others even by SAO's standards.

Sugary Days 7 is out.

Everything after episode 2 of SAO is objectively bad

please re-evaluate your opinion

I kind of enjoyed the first arc too, but it was really obvious how "perfect" Kirito is and how every female in the show seems to immediately fall in love with him.

If you go in knowing what to expect, it can be kind of entertaining in the "so bad, its good" sense.
I thought it was hilarious how in Mother's Rosario, Yuuki was supposed to be better than Kirito. However the show made all kinds of excuses like "he wasn't serious" or "he was going to win, but time ran out". Same with how Kirito just picked up a random lightsaber and suddenly became better at GGO than almost every other player in the game.

episode 2 was cringy as fuck, it was episodes 1 and 4 or wherever the guild got killed that actually looked like a decent series and the last episode if you ignore the rest of the series and the dumbass fight

SAO had a decent premise, visuals and music
it was mediocre otherwise but it gets shit on for how disproportionate the attention it gets is

compare it to something like Naruto or Bleach

nah, first season was fine. everything after that is garbage though.

Thanks for the heads-up.

>Mother's Rosario Kirito
>wasn't serious
Reki himself has stated that he'd probably only go toe to toe with Yuuki and he'd probably still use if they both used the same type of equipment. And I'm pretty sure they also explained that in the arc itself.
Though Mother's Rosario itself in the LNs was the worst arc in SAO.

Yas. All hail tap-sama.

When he first dueled Yuuki under the tree, didn't somebody mention Kirito is taking it easy because his life isn't on the line?
I remember people were saying that in the LN Kirito straight up loses, but I never read it myself.

GGO is best arc

If you have any critical thinking ability, you should be able to tell Kirito, and pretty much every other character in SAO, is shallow as fuck, and that some of the writing is incredibly lazy.

That said, it's fine to enjoy absolutely anything. Don't let strangers on the internet decide what you enjoy.

That's a funny way of spelling worst

Lurk more newfag, it's general consensus that episode 1 to 14 is great and everything else after that is trash.

GGO was a really cool looking game, and Sinon was cute. As for the story it wasn't so great.

SAO falls under the category of strong premise, abysmal execution. Each arc has a really interesting premise when you think about it.

>stuck in a new world, debating whether or not true happiness can be achieved in it, or if the real world is more important
>human mind control experiments and their social ramifications
>virtual reality serial killer mystery
>virtual reality as the primary way for the terminally ill to experience the outside world

SAO is one of the greatest literary works in the history of 21st century Japan. It will be literally Shakespearean in the next century. But Sup Forums just wants to be contrarian bitches and deny it its recognition just because the rest of the world loves it.

LN itself wasn't too bad. The anime however was terrible.

Yeah, Kawahara says that they'd be just about equal if Kirito went full out. That includes Dual Blades I think. I mean we wouldn't know from true canon because Yuuki already died from AIDS.

Yeah, actually the LN is quite decent now compared to the original WN. The end of the Alicization arc in the WN pissed me off and most of the fans of the series so I'm hoping that Volume 18 would have a different end to the Alicization Arc. I haven't bought it yet so I may have to buy it sometime.

Yeah pretty much this. It was especially painful given how great the very first episode was...I was really hyped only to see it turn into a poorly written harem with an OP self-insert MC. I feel that if it wasn't based off of a poorly written LN and instead was a studio original or something it would have been really good.

Read progressive then, the manga is glorious. Think along the lines of Sword Art Online Abridged Official, but better.

If you just took episode 1, episode 4, and whatever episode Kirito and Asuna hook up and have actual sex and rewrote everything that happened in between and afterwards, we could've had something that lived up to the insane hype in only 12-13 episodes. These are the only moments that have a really strong impact on Kirito as a character.

This video explains it all. youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9NlThB3SY

sao is probably the most underrated show on this site, it was very decent til that shitty elf arc and I really like op mcs so Kirito was good. Most people hate it though because normies like it.

kill yourself, you cant possibly be worse than this guy