>19
>fell for college meme, cutting losses after first semester
>wanna go inna oilfield, work as roughneck
>every job listing requires at minimum one years experience
What the fuck?!

Other urls found in this thread:

morningchores.com/free-land/
rt.com/business/406960-russia-issue-blockchain-cryptoruble-putin/
huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/07/ernst-and-young-removes-degree-classification-entry-criteria_n_7932590.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bitcoin

not joking, I'm a neet millionaire, next step is getting out this shithole

Apply anyways. Most of that "previous experience needed" for easy labor jobs are just there to scare people away.

Get into IT
you may have to take a few classes for certifications and you'll have a bit of a ladder to clime but my roommate never stepped foot into college and is making 92k
only took him about 10 or 12 years

>buy Bitcoin while its at an all time high
Thanks /biz/

Really? I don't understand why they'd want to scare people off. I have no experience what's so ever, what would they say?

Mother fuckers wildly unqualified and unprofessional (even for THAT job) would apply if there weren’t some sort of hurdle.

willing to spare any shekels to your neet brothers in need?

Is think the drug test would sort THEM out

You can be a tradesman, if you want, and stick with a relatively limited range of knowledge and a tight worldview. Or if you want to be a smart, wise professional, then you'll get a high-quality, broad education that will act as a foundation for the rest of your life. The choice is yours.

Our brain is our best organ and is worth being trained to the highest level possible. (inb4 fags say our dicks are our best features.)

Money spent on education is money spent on making you a more advanced and sophisticated human.

why not, I can send you 1 monero

>What the fuck?!
start sellling weed motherfucker. build an empire

If you had experience you'd understand. Many jobs do this. Just apply in person if possible and apply many times show persistence and someone will take a chance on you. Print 50 resumes, work on your handshake and dress appropriately.

Go to a trade school and learn a trade to be a plumber, electrician or some other sustainable trade.
It wont be the prettiest job ever but you will make shit tonnes overcharging millennial pussies that are too pussy to change a lightbulb.

Have you seen our colleges? They're a joke.
Community college is vastly better, but even still I want to get out there and start living in the real world
I live in CT, so I don't think I could do a face to face interview
Would I still be good to go with just applying? Even applying after you've been rejected is good you say?

I was also thinking heavy equipment operator, but long term I'd like to get into law enforcement and from there state politics (ideally)

Money that can be spent on education can be saved via individual effort. It's called reading. The current point of college is to indoctrinate and to charge you for a piece of paper. You can be a tradesman and more well educated then someone with a doctorate provided you spend your rest reading and learning, That's what Hitler did.

If you're lazy you can join a union but you don't sound like it.

>morningchores.com/free-land/

I'm 24 and working with a degree, still debating saying fuck it and going out and farming, maybe not in Kansas but if these lands are free there has to be dirt cheap land in better areas.

These are the best answers. Tradesmen are going to be upper class citizens of the future once white collar and outdoor labor jobs are automized. The only jobs left will be in the middle, skilled technicians who can actively fix problems that a robot would never be able to

Money spent on an education that is restricted to the will of whichever institution OP is money put towards furthering the already existing full spectrum dominance of ZOG.

While it's impossible to avoid paying ZOG altogether without going innawoods the educational institutions are a quick payment of large sums of money which in return you are given an education tailored to suppress racial ingenuity and grant you access to jobs which only further the goals of that oppressive Jewish regime.

If you want to do something worthwhile go get basic military training, pick up a trade, and get involved with activist movements that are prepping for the long haul. All other options are either futile or created for the sole intention of subverting otherwise useful men in the war against the enemy.

Don't be a bitch, get a degree in engineering with minor in Geology/GIS you'll land work with an oil company quick.

>Have you seen our colleges? They're a joke.
I went to one of the very highest-ranked colleges and am honestly astonished at the quality of resources and education available. Just last night I was talking with someone about how inspiring it was to have some original Albrecht Dürer prints in class as the focus of discussion one day.

>Community college is vastly better
Honestly, community college is for students who could get admitted to higher-ranked colleges and it's for professors who couldn't get jobs elsewhere. It is to education what Wendy's is to food.

Once you're educated, you have that forever. You take that deeper learning and understanding of yourself with you for the rest of your life.

>It's called reading. The current point of college is to indoctrinate and to charge you for a piece of paper.
Reading is crucial, but it's always most effective when you have a peer group to support and motivate your reading, as well as providing a context for deep, informed discussion. You can always smell an auto-didact. They will always have some eccentric, odd, and unsustainable views, like a dog that grows in a basement without enough exposure to the rest of the world.

>That's what Hitler did.
Hitler was an ignorant, butthurt madboi who couldn't get into a good art school because while his technical talent was adequate, his reading and concepts were outdated and uninteresting. He failed due to lack of education, then took out his rage on whatever scapegoats were available.

>tfw can't into math

>tailored to suppress racial ingenuity and grant you access to jobs which only further the goals of that oppressive Jewish regime.
This is exactly why you need a good education -- to stop you becoming paranoid, seeing conspiracies where there are none, and blaming others for your own failings. What the fuck is "racial ingenuity" anyway. You don't make a lot of sense, user, which I suspect is a result of your limited education.

>is to indoctrinate
This is a pol meme that comes from people who have had only the shittiest exposure to education. Any decent college professor will teach you that the point of education is not learning what to think but how to think. Consider that for a while.

1DEDSvfft55twHx2djQTRna4ErK1KjmPFM

my blockchain wallet, i dont know how to into moneros

why is it always the same fucking flags that shitt for e-shekels? the spetnaz will find you and kill you user rt.com/business/406960-russia-issue-blockchain-cryptoruble-putin/

Lmao, for all your education you still sound like the type of guy that doesn't know shit and ought to be fucking rocked for sounding like such a dumb cunt. What's your degree going to get you when the world goes irrational and your staring at the end of a rifle? Fucking wasted on the sidewalk and rightfully so.

additionally im a brittard i could just marry you out of brazil

Cheat your way through then, I know plenty of people who did, roommate cheated his way to getting a degree in physics when he didn't know shit, you just have to be creative and not get caught. Most professors for undergrad are underpaid and honestly don't give a shit.

this solid advice, watch youtube tutorials its amazing how much free content there is on anything froom tiling roofing plumbing and its quite fun to, millenials have access to free education on their computer but use that time instead to look at nigger rappers charge them up their fucking asses user godspeed

go back to plebbit youre so obvious

>college is a scam
Hello brainlet, pick a real major next time

>What's your degree going to get you when the world goes irrational and your staring at the end of a rifle?
>having read so many Sup Forums threads that you actually believe in the coming race war, prepping, and tin hats.
This is precisely why you'd benefit from a good education -- so you don't organize your life around retarded, paranoid false beliefs.

>I went to one of the highest ranked colleges

Jesus christ you are so full of yourself. Daddy payed for your Ivy League experience and now you know nothing but how to flaunt your self perscribed elevation of intellect.

Shitting on auto-didacts? Seriously? If anything you are living proof of what a joke higher education has become.

where i live you pretty much overwork yourself to death if you go to college, fuck that

>buying this hard into neocon propaganda.
Yes goy, clean my shit surely one day you will be king.

The very notions of mankind, humanity, civilization, and so on are creations of Aryan spirit; the secular institutions are creations of the spiritually devoid scum of the earth who do not respect my people and therefore have no fucking place in this world, God willing they be blown up. Beyond even that a mere glance at architecture from around the world would prove the importance of racial spirit and the uniqueness of all people, you stupid cunt. Come to leafland and I'll show you the astonishing detail we put into our curbs.

Look, I don't take issue with my schools politics, it ain't that bad at all actually.
What I take issue with is that it costs 100k to go here after 4 years.
I'm cutting my losses at 10k in debt.

I hate feeling idle, I've always enjoyed working more than I have education

Ora et labora, as St. Benedict said

he have to be a Helper first

You'd benefit from an ass kicking and a good father figure.

>too stupid for undergrad
I'm so sorry. At least you aren't romanticizing life on an oil rig and dropping out like OP

>Daddy payed for your Ivy League experience
Full scholarship, actually.

>Shitting on auto-didacts? Seriously?
I tried going auto-didact for a while and realized how poorly I was doing on my own. I needed a much wider context of learning to promote my own understanding. The same is true for everyone, I think. We see far by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Because they want people who are so motivated for the job they don't give a fuck if they're "unqualified"

seriously, motivation to do the job and do it good can land you a roughneck/physical job more often than not.

we don't have that here

>No you're wrong because I'll kick your ass just like Pa kicked my ass before alone time in the shed!

You know how much rig workers make right?

Lie on your application.

That's how you get into the industry almost anywhere. Nobody starts these jobs with experience, they have the balls to bald face lie to the employer and prove they're hard enough for the environment.

>Any decent college professor will teach you that the point of education is not learning what to think but how to think.
And this is exactly what indoctrination is you brainwashed fool. If these kids only learned the "what" and not the "how" they wouldn't be banging their heads against the wall praising communism.

Ernst & Young has been one of the top graduate recruiters in the UK and USA. They have announced the firm will be removing the degree classification from its entry criteria, saying there is “no evidence” that success at university correlates with achievement in later life. The best education has ALWAYS been an apprenticeship – not some university course taught by someone who has never practiced what they teach.

huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/07/ernst-and-young-removes-degree-classification-entry-criteria_n_7932590.html

>ignores everything else
This is why you'd benefit from a bloody lip.

Feels bad man. I fell for the meme. Gonna finish it anyway, it's so ''free'' so that won't be a problem

You just gotta get a face to face interview at a place that doesn't hire through some abstract human resources department and show them who you are. Theyll hire you if you convince them you're serious about working.

50 years ago you would ask that question to any scholar and they would laugh and tell you the world isn't ending. 50 years from now my children and their children are going to tell the exact same brand of uneducated fools the same thing.

Get off Sup Forums friend, you're too caught up in your happenings and conspiracies to realize the world is more civilized than it's ever been before.

Yeah, at least for you euros you don't get racked with student loan debt

You do realize what their work is right? The fact that you're sitting on your fat ass in your dorm, fantasizing about work you don't understand and just thinking about the pay shows how clueless you are.

Great you made it into the mail room at E&Y lmao, maybe you can schedule meetings by next year

>civilization
Without being a total cunt, you need to know that what you take to be an "Aryan" concept comes out of a Latin idea that itself goes back through earlier Indo-European languages via Ancient Greek and eventually to Sanskrit roots. There is nothing Aryan about this.
"From Proto-Italic *keiwis, from Proto-Indo-European *(s)kew- (“to lie down, settle; home, family; love; beloved”). Cognate with Sanskrit क्षेति (kṣeti), Ancient Greek kεῖμαι (keîmai, “to lie”), kοίτη (koítē, “bed”), kώμη (kṓmē, “village”), Armenian սեր (ser, “love”), Old Church Slavonic cѣмь (sěmĭ) (Russian ceмья (semʹja)) and Old English hūs (English house)."

If you had better educational background, you would know that your claim is silly and ill-informed. I encourage you to pursue education further so you become more conscious of the limits of your own learning and knowledge.

I barely come here because of cucks like you. People like you laugh yourself into depression and when the first shot is fired you'll whimper and die pissing yourself. Here's a tip, the setting changed in 50 years ago and the only reason most those people aren't scared these days is because they've had 50 years to live and are scheduled to die.

I know it's hard work, but that's what appeals to me. Vastly better to be working than sitting on my ass in my dorm talking to (you)

I'm in good physical shape, and I've worked long hours before

Yeah it's the only good thing about college here. Anyway. Get a face to face interview, it probably helps if you are not a weakling considering the work. Good luck user

You don't know, you have 0 experience or knowledge, you are just romanticizing something because of media and the pay check.
Tell me what your major is, I guarentee it's going to prove my point

Be a petroleum engineer.

>seasonal profession

I'm a college professor and I agree.

Apply anyway. "one year experience" means they expect people to show up with none and act like they're being generous when they underpay you at the start.

>major
I don't have one, like I said idk what I'm doing here so I figure I'll cut my losses.
>media, pay
No? I already stated that I don't see this as a long ter thing
>you don't know
Look faggot, I've done research into this, and I'm on board with it
I meet the physical requirements

Thanks, gotta 86 it on a face to face though per my geographical location
I live in NE, closest oilfelds as in western PA and WV!

You need to meet the explicit or the implicit requirement:
>a) you have experience
>b) you have no experience, but by coming in and demonstrating that your motivated and confident, they'd love to take you in because they think your chad alpha.

OP ignore everybody else except me. College is a meme. Engineering/STEM is a meme. Mcdonalds is a meme. Welfare is a meme. Craigslist/Temp shit is a meme. Backbreaking labor and bullshit 20+ years in a trade is a fucking meme. Stop listening to these fucking niggers. NONE OF THEM KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU. They're fucking suckers.

Find the one thing you're better at than everyone in your vicinity. Can you paint houses? Do you cook? Do you love animals? Are you good with children or plants? Can you draw or shoot pictures? Are you good with coding/webdesign? Get good at doing that thing, while making survival money(cashier/warehouse/security/ebay/stealing/eating shit and hustling). Throw away all of your vices and distractions including Sup Forums. Surround yourself with good people and get away from cancerous people(including your family) Start using that skill you have and helping people with it. Eventually the nature of the universe will follow, and people will begin to use you for your service.

Cutting your losses from college is beautiful. I'm happy you were able to save yourself. BTW I'm a loser, so ignore me too.

>go to college with no major or plan
>wtf college is a scam i want to be a roughneck on an oil rig they make so much money!

On second thought you should quit college, investing in your education isn't a good idea for brainlets.

work for free live of the land until you make a real income like our ancestors before us. Above all stop taking on debt.

you do realize these people make three times their salary in a month IF they want to? I know a guy who offered me 500dollers just to hold his fucking tools in order for a 3hour job. they TURN DOWN jobs because people are fucking retarded. no tax either on those jobs do the math dunce

>he's a brainlet because he went to college on the insistence of his family.
Yea, ok cunt.

I used to think like that faggot.
Then I realized that beyond the hard on the things we have a right to exist.
I do not hate niggers because they're niggers or what not.
I just believe that it cannot work in the long run the way it currently is.
Screw multiculturalism

Oil is feast or famine. Go into ndt/Inspection field. First year as a trainee making shit, but huge room for promotion and can be making $50k plus in less than two years. After a few years of being an ndt inspector move into sales at one of the larger equipment companies (Olympus or GE). They make $120-150k a year working 4 days a week. I got arrested freshman year at college and basically did the above after I got expelled. I now own my an equipment sales company, have a dozen employees and make almost half a mil a year pretax. Obviously you can’t be a lazy faggot and have to be mildly intelligent and hardworking.

Oil industry isn’t bad, but it’s been down lately and there isn’t a lot of stability. Guys will buy $100k of gear one month, then just 3 months later they are calling asking us to buy it back because they need to make payroll. Like I said, feast or famine.

How did you become trainee, ny requirements for that?

You're a brainlet because you didn't pick a major that you can succeed with. You are treading water and blaming everyone around you instead of learning to swim.

You would never make it on a rig you are too dependant and take no responsibility for yourself.

I’m a teacher, want to be a professor so I have no choice. Once I graduate I want to teach people the truth.

Picking your major out of the gate is just retarded (generally speaking) everyone in my class is already unsure about the major they THOUGHT they wanted, or the rest are undeclared like me.
>blame everyone
How am I blaming anyone but myself? I think it's a mistake that I came here, so I'm cutting my losses and looking for something that better suits me

>You would never make it on a rig you are too dependant and take no responsibility for yourself
Hey man, words on an anonymous image board really hurt, especially when they come from (you)!

how much debt did u aquire from your time in college?

how much are you earning per year now?

>experience needed

Okay.

>find companies offering electrician apprenticeships
>apply to them
>eventually get hired
>get paid to learn the trade
>work for that company for x amount of time required and some change
>gain knowledge, experience, and connections
>apply for oil field jobs while working for said company still
>get hired by big oil (hopefully)
>if you do, fix equipment used to work on pipes/rigs
>if you don't, become a journeyman and still make bank

Opportunities are out there, user. You've just gotta go after them.

You didn't pick a major with job security snd high pay, that's your failure. College isn't some feel good find your dream job shit it is literally an investment in yourself.

You're saying you went to college because your family insisted, how about you make your wn choices and deal with your consequences. Like I said, it's an investment in yourself and if you're not betting it all on you then you're a cuck.

sent, i used xmr.to

>how much debt did u aquire from your time in college?
No debt. It's only worth going into debt if you have a rich family to help you out or if you're guaranteed of work in a high-paid field. US colleges are too expensive for most unless you're rich (and this is a great shame).

>how much are you earning per year now?
$75,000. It's more than enough for me, especially since my happiness depends more on what I read and sharing with friends rather than acquiring possessions or rooms full of plastic shit made in China. Honestly, I'm pretty happy.

>get paid highly in the short term
>develop chronic joint and back problems in later life

literally a job for niggers, immediate gratification over long term health

>You're saying you went to college because your family insisted, how about you make your wn choices and deal with your consequences
Yea, I told my parents from the start that I wasn't really into, my mom was crying ffs, told them I'd give it an honest try for a semester, and it's shit, now off with you ya gay cunt

>job listing
get off the internet - meet contacts, apply in person, etc.

Architectural engineer here. PE. Got my degree in civil.

College is great if you pouch a real major. Become a petroleum engineer. If you are dumb, just go in and tell them you are a hard worker and will do any dirty work to prove yourself.

Pro tip: the older ladies that make the calls for oil companies like hand written letters. They don't hire Pajeets based on thier gay linked in faggotry.

>responds to my call for humility and self awareness with more boasting

Christ, some people are beyond help. If you require fellow spoiled rich kids and shut in sycophant professors to shape your world views, good for you. But you should know your ignorance burns brighter than your dim claims of illumination.

what coins are you carrying, man?

they want to be sure you can at least read and write and add 2+2, most niggers cant without SCHOOL.

>he believes that you mean anything later in life
at 55 most people won't do anything beside retirement, at 60 most people would be dead in the 19th and previous centuries
I know tradesmen and they retire ez with extra money to pass down, who the fuck gives a shit about your joints when your kids matter more

>people were dead early in medieval times so that means your health doesn't matter

cuck, keep making somebody else rich while you're in excruciating pain by your 40s

Get a class 1. I work in the Alberta oilfield and although it's not like it was back in 2012 you can easily make $80-100k a year. Won't help for roughnecking but you could get on a vac truck easily enough which is shit work but will give you some rig experience to start out with. Or get on a frac truck for some much easier work

bitcoin, bitcoin cash, monero and aeon

>not being your own boss
L M A O
M
A
O

You are just eating up the propaganda here about college. I don't know you but if you have any critical thinking you can easily pick a major that isn't cucked and still make good money. What these people who make so much money won't tell you is they are working 60-80 hours a week doing labor compared to people who make that much at 40 and almost twoce as much with the same hours.

Will you have to sit through some shitty diversity classes to get your degree? Yes but they will be probaby 12-16 credits compared to over 100 others most of which will be training you for a specific job. You csn easily tune that out and collect an A, that's what a lot of life is.

Think about what you actually want, 9/10 times the best way to get there is school. I don't know if you would be the next bill gates, but odds are you won't and you will be working some shitty low paying job for the rest of your life, wondering why you took career advice from a board full of misinformation and underage kids.

I don't want sone desk job, my cousin works in a call center as a telemarketer out of college
My other cousin still doesn't have a job and is working at a golf course

I don't know what I want to do, and I figure it'd be best to work, earn some money and figure it out instead of sitting idle by getting no experience and wracking up 100k in debt

If I ever need it, there's always CC

If you're not going to take school seriously dont go its a waste.Depending on how old you are it might be beneficial to go out (as gay as it sounds) and experience real life.Not backpacking through thailand and going to EDC las vegas, but real shit. Work, pay bills, learn how shitty life is. Then after years in the oil patch surrounded by barley intelligible retards, nepotic political managment, and grueling labour in the worst climate imaginable covered in filth, you will gain a respect for education and have the drive to go use you head instead of your body.

t. oilfield electrician

You're not a millionaire. Nice larp

You have a point, in theory, that having a good peer group and mentor will help with academic studies, I'll give you that. Won't you admit, though, that an echo-chamber peer group and Yes-Man teacher is counter-productive to actually gaining a wider understanding? That it would become nothing more than consuming the "party literature?"

Adam Smith and Karl Marx are difficult reads and they definitely require deep insight and discussion but isn't the student that only reads Marx hobbled philosophically and economically?

College Student here. Take a wide berth of any college's Humanities department and go to their engineering or business school. Spend a good, long while thinking about the right major and you'll get a sweet desk job to browse 4cahan and infinitechan on right out of college.