70 episodes without every mentioning power levels leaving it up to viewer interpretation who is stronger

>70 episodes without every mentioning power levels leaving it up to viewer interpretation who is stronger
>episode 71: there are S, A, B, C class demons
> Toguro, a villain developed over an entire arc, suddenly made worthless
>90 episodes of reinforcing the theme that humans can be strong enough to fight demons
>episode 91: main character is part demon
>we saiyans now

Why do shounens keep falling into this trap? Why can't they see that their original themes are what made them good in the first place? Should've just ended at the Dark Tournament.

Probably Editor-kun.

Shounen don't know when to end (because of the sweet merchandising money).

Little do people realize those made up measuring scales mean nothing by the end of the day. Like scouters and everything else.

>taking jump manga seriously

this, and maybe because they're under contract and will be heavily fined for breaching it

it's less the ranks and numbers and more an issue of non demons/saiyans being made redundant.

Kuwabara got completely benched for no reason

Dunno what you are talking about OP there is nothing after Dark Tournament arc.

>that arc after dark tournament where humans develop weird powers
>build up the fact that these are non-combative powers that make yousuke and teams current power level not a factor in fights
>Think this is a pretty cool idea on doing another arc without just introducing someone stronger than Toguro
>The entire arc devolves into being regular battles anyways
>Yousuke has trouble beating some scrub doctor because all of a sudden he's worried about the well-being of him because he's a human
Kill me

>battle shounen
Your own fault, OP.

The Territories were Togashi's test bed for what would later become Nen in Hunter x Hunter. I really enjoyed the Chapter Black Arc because of its focus on actual paranormal investigation as well as those unique abilities.

In fact, the best unorthodox conflict was Kurama vs Gamemaster. The fact that the kid actually died when he lost made this one of the most overlooked moments in YYH.

This and The Law of Ueki really made me appreciate unique skills and powers with multi-faceted application.

>70 episodes without every mentioning power levels leaving it up to viewer interpretation who is stronger
>Implying all of Toguros crew werent leagues ahead of every character in the show

Just because they didnt specifically call him an A CLASS DEMON doesnt mean when you were watching you didnt think holy shit this guy is of a league of his own and everyone else is way below. Almost as if He was A CLASS ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE.

Stop pretending like this is something only introduced in final seasons.

>Over 100 chapters with no mentioning of power levels
>Suddenly introduce a literal scouter

Holy shit what a stupid fucking thing to do.

LITERAL fucking scouter.

I don't understand why people hates the "humans are outclassed by other races" thing.
If humans were able to punch world-destroying monsters in the face, they wouldn't be humans anymore.

Kids love power levels

This. My nephews are all about having "the most biggest powerfullest" bullshit cards or games. They eat this shit up.

I really hated how Power Levels were introduced in Dragon Ball. Majin Buu was a villain that could easily exist in pre-Radditz storylines if you toned down his ki level. What made Buu terrifying beyond belief was his Regeneration (which didn't cost him any energy) and Absorption; both of which were based upon Magic which early DB had plenty of.

Remember Boss Rabbit and Akuuman? They didn't have vast ki but their unique abilities could fuck up a potentially stronger opponent if they could get the drop on them.

And then later they added actual straight up power levels

Law of Ueki was like that until the celestial power shit.

Then it was just who had a higher celestial rank.

To be fair, Toguro was already a tentative A rank when he died, all he really needed were stronger opponents to push him to his limit so he could become stronger.

He could have easily made it to S rank himself if he managed to have his wish granted and have the path to the Demon World, open.

I think YYH handled powerlevels pretty well overall.

DBZ is the ultimate in full retard shounen

At least YYH had clever and fun fights where it wasn't just a power level spirit energy asspull every 5 minutes.

Toguro dedicated his entire life for searching someone stronger than him, but apparently never heard of Sensui who could easily beat him.

this pic brings back a lot of memories but for the life of me i cant remember her name