Every thread until Tsukikage returns.

>Dying to Glads

>GB support
YES

SHINGO BETTER GET A FULL FUCKING DUEL BEFORE GETTING CARDED

Hey, they were relevant once upon a time

This thread is more fitting

Fuck off newfag.

Look on the bright side, he's a cardboard ninja fitting for his archetype.

I want to put Tsukikage in my deck.

L-Lewd

Will he ever come back to shill more Trains.

He gave his shoes away to Yuya, that just shows he's gone for good.

Also I find it convenient how his shoes were the same colour model as Yuya's sneakers.

Given his personality, he might just let you.

>A ninjas greatest weakness were Demon toys and Roman Furry Warriors who do CONTACT YUGO better than Neos ever did

He'll job offscreen to some mook, get carded, and YOU'LL LIKE IT

trust in your friends yuya

>in your """""friends"""""

At least they got duels....Yuri isn't even that lucky.

God fucking dammit writers, you couldn't even give him the decency of a short duel?
Yuya showing Tsukikage's card to Sora better make up for the sheer lack of emotion or buildup.

>only 15 posters in this thread
What went wrong?

I doubt Sora would care to the point of letting out strong emotions. That's only reserved for Yuya and Yuzu.

It'll probably fuck with Reira more than anyone

This probably won't happen, but it'd hit me hard if it did.

>Purple light

I mean it could considering that's the flash colour of when someone's gets carded.

>Atleast they got duels

They didn't though. The beast just literally carded them.

Tsukikage got a little action sequence.

It's kind of sad to say that even Zexal has the potential to surpass Arc-V now depending on how it ends.

I'm gonna laugh if Sawatari's scream was regarding something completely irrelevant. Would be a 10/10 bait and switch.

Even now, it doesn't. Zexal was arguably unwatchable for over half of its run. Arc-V was completely awful for about 12 eps, but otherwise entertaining to some degree.

Sawatari screaming in the jungle kinda reminds me off when Manjoume screamed when he lost to Saoi.

Zexal is already better than Arc-V

I don't consider the mini thing with the egao squad where yuri only had 2 turns a duel. But Tsukikage and Gon, sure they lost all their duels but at least we know what their decks are like. Predator plants are essentially a mystery still, aside from the fact that they fusion summon.

Nothing matches zexal's awfulness aside xyz arc and occasionally gx

>Sawatari tripped over a rock

They use counters to lower the levels of enemy monsters.

Is this referencing that draw power guy from GX?

>Sawatari forgot to bring a bento

Zexal is a much better structured show with better and more developed characters, much better villains and a much better plot. Random Zexal hate stopped being cool a long time ago.

I know you're baiting, but:
>Better structured show
>30 episodes of filler with few eps of relief in-between right from the word go
>Yuma's character arc basically getting dropped for 22 eps after he and astral become buddies in ep 25 and him becoming jesus at all times from that point onwards with the singular exclusion of the initial vector mini-arc
>The WDC pre-finals being more filler than anything
>The first 20 eps of the barian arc are filler that makes them nonthreatening as fuck and they basically continue wasting time until they randomly decide to attack one day
>When they get down to business, they mop up the entire irrelevant cast in less than 5 eps
>Shark's entire role during the barian arc
>Kaito's role during the barian arc
>The eight or so useless friends of Yuma that waste endless amounts of screentime
>Dr. Faker
>The fetch quest after the duel with vector that completely killed the barian arc's pacing more than the 15 eps of filler after girag's introduction
>The barian and astral worlds go almost entirely unexplored as actual places with people living there and basically just exist for Yuma to get a vague cliffnote version from eliphas and to fight don thousand in a place with a red background and therefore hold no actual emotional worth to anyone aside shark who is purely motivated by a two ep rushed flashback that could've easily been placed somewhere during the girag and alito slice of life garbage.

The arclights were good characters, kaito was fun until part 2, shark was good until he was ruined, and vector was fun if one-note as fuck. But I cannot in good conscience call zexal as a whole a better show than anything else that I've ever managed to complete.

>Random Zexal hate
Zexal being the least favorite season was the general consensus here, until we got invaded by you know who.

ZeXal, in its own way, encapsulates how dull it would be if an entire series was all meta-style duels all the time.

>Everyone makes the exact same plays every game, but with different-skinned monsters to make it seem "unique".
>Every single play is boringly predictable, even when the show tries to mix things up by giving Yuma/somebody else new cards to work with.

The difference is that instead of a random rogue player forcing a meta deck to work in an interesting way, the "rogue" players are the genuinely competent players with decently competent decks, and they STILL lose to the dude that has over 80 cards in his ED but only summons 4 of them.

ZeXal's plot wasn't completely terrible, but the duel quality made it a fucking snoozefest to watch most of the time, especially in any duel with Yuma involved.

So when do we get the spoilers, thursday night or Friday morning.

Thursday night.

Wonderful on my day off along with Bleach's shipperfags

>30 episodes of filler with few eps of relief in-between right from the word go

False. The early episodes establish the characters, develop Shark, start to develop Kaito and explore Astral's origins.

>Yuma's character arc basically getting dropped for 22 eps after he and astral become buddies in ep 25 and him becoming jesus at all times from that point onwards with the singular exclusion of the initial vector mini-arc

False again. Yuma's character arc continues throughout Zexal 1 and his changes become apparent as early as the first Kaito duel.

>The WDC pre-finals being more filler than anything

It's called character building, developing and introducing. We got to meet characters like Anna, Droite and Gauche, Robin returned, Haruto, Tron, III, IV, V etc. Everyone was set up in the prelims.

>The first 20 eps of the barian arc are filler that makes them nonthreatening as fuck and they basically continue wasting time until they randomly decide to attack one day

The first twenty episodes established the Barians, developed Girag and Alito showing that they weren't truly evil, introduced Rio, introduced Mizael, showed Kaito's development, introduced Vector etc

>When they get down to business, they mop up the entire irrelevant cast in less than 5 eps

How is that a problem?

>Shark's entire role during the barian arc

Which was him coming to the realization of who he was

>Kaito's role during the barian arc

Kaito's character arc had already finished. He got a plot and rivalry with Mizael.

>The eight or so useless friends of Yuma that waste endless amounts of screentime

Like 4 characters who got dropped during the trip for the numbers but served their purposes of balancing Yuma.

>Dr. Faker

Great character

>The fetch quest after the duel with vector that completely killed the barian arc's pacing more than the 15 eps of filler after girag's introduction

Arc that expanded on the backstory of the Barians

You have some really shitty complaints

Y'know, I'd love to say that WDC pre-finals didn't waste time with Anna, Droite, and Gauche...except that entire episodes were devoted to characters that appeared less often than Mako Fucking Tsunami in DM.

I mean, I thought that all three of them were amazing and deserved more screentime, but ultimately they were a complete fucking waste and shouldn't have even been in the show if they were going to only show up in a two-parter each, and then at the final battle royale just to die offscreen to Za 7th One.

Hopefully we get some more news on Raging tempest like the name of the ace card.

Droite was tied to Kaito
Gauche helped Yuma snap out of his depression after the Shark vs IV duel and played a part in the numbers arc
Anna was just another useless love interest

Here's the thing though. You can complain about Yuma's friends getting murdered by the Barians but Yuya's friends aren't even getting something like that. They're getting murdered by a nameless character and don't even get duels. They are just losing off screen. Not even heroically like Yuma's friends. Just fodderized.

Either the lack of build up and emotion in Tsukikage being carded means that its not permanent or Arc-V is just shit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sawatari screaming is just him falling down or something.

I feel bad for Tetsuo. Dude didn't deserve any of the shit he got.
>Best friends with a mediocre MC
>Gets killed by his waifu right after confessing because lolshesanalienbro
>Only gets a handful of duels in the entire show despite probably being one of the more competent duelists without any direct ties to Numbers.

Only Kotori had it worse, and that's only because despite her VA being a top-notch meta duelist with a contractual obligation to be in every episode, she got one duel, where she was brainwashed, played horribly, and LOST.

Everyone else in the numbers club could've been written out or re-delegated as non-linked side characters. The president was an okay dude when he was allowed screentime alone.

So is that Yaiba?

Third wheel shota is getting killed by Yuya and/or Yuzu for irony

Tetsuo has a bad character design. He should be glad he lasted as long as he did. He was never meant to be a big player.

The early episodes establish the bloated and useless extraneous cast aside shark, yuma, and Kaito. Fucking wonderful.

Yuma's character arc basically gets put on hold after he attains zexal until he meets III and he becomes dull as fuck after zexal 1 with the exception of the vector stuff from mid 80s to 98 because he becomes card game jesus 2.0

>WDC spends half its time building irrelevant characters who do nothing
Incredible.

>First 20 eps of barian arc establish the barians
Yes, as completely ineffectual and nonthreatening antagonists
>Introduced Rio
Who does nothing.
>Introduced Mizael
Fair.
>Showed Kaito's development
Fair.
>Introduced vector
Fair.
>How is it a problem that the irrelevant jobbers who wasted endless amounts of screentime being irrelevant, ultimately amount to nothing, when vector literally just kills girag without even dueling not two episodes after and the rest of them right around the same point
I wonder
>Shark

As with the rest of zexal's problems: the problem isn't the idea, it's the execution, which is rushed to the point of making him seem wishywashy and unreliable

>Kaito's arc had finished so that makes it acceptable for him to be completely dull and still take up fair amounts of screentime

>Fat friend, kotori, anna, URA, class prez, cathy
Not eight, but more than four.

>Dr. Faker
Really poorly established MAIN villain for an arc who felt almost maniacally evil at points until the very end with the sympathetic twist after which he immediately stop genociding and becomes a nice guy. Ultimately, he feels shallow and I cannot agree with your opinion.

>The fetch quest
Expanded the backstories for three useless characters and three useful ones? Yes. However, the way it was handled felt like an offhanded checklist rather than a natural progression of the plot.

It's not like I cared about the Numbers Club guys, but I did kind of like that Tetsuo and class president would call out Yuma early on in the show, even if that stopped like right after the first 20 episodes.

>Laquari and Beastiari on the field
>Contacto yuugo for Gyazarus
>Destroy both monsters on the pendulum zone
>yfw

All I wanna see is my nigga Nerokius.

Everyone in Zexal had bad character design even by Yu-Gi-Oh! standards.

>new gladiator beast support

so that's why they are making this shit 3 episodes, but since this is anime what are the chances that will make GB playable?

I wonder if something like Gateway of the Six would boost them.

I never played Glads though, even back when they were still around.

I only played agaisnt them last year, it was such a fleeting experience since he was negating all my monsters effects with that charriot counter trap

Another way to tag out besides through battle and Test Tiger would help, along with a new Fusion or two.

>Summon Gaiodiaz
>Destroy a Superheavy Samurai Synchro by battle somehow
>That huge amount of burn damage

it could just grab some of the action cards that give +1000 atk?

>The early episodes establish the bloated and useless extraneous cast aside shark, yuma, and Kaito. Fucking wonderful.

Yuma's friends aren't plot relevant but they're relevant to him.

>Yuma's character arc basically gets put on hold after he attains zexal until he meets III

Yuma continues to grow throughout that period.

>Incredible.

Like half those characters do things

>Yes, as completely ineffectual and nonthreatening antagonists

They were established as characters. Alito and Girag were conflicted on what they should do from the beginning.

>Who does nothing.

Her visions helped out

>
>How is it a problem that the irrelevant jobbers who wasted endless amounts of screentime being irrelevant, ultimately amount to nothing, when vector literally just kills girag without even dueling not two episodes after and the rest of them right around the same point

They didn't even waste that much screen time. Them being around didn't harm the show in any way as they didn't interfere with the plot. They were around to get their arcs and that's what they did.

>As with the rest of zexal's problems: the problem isn't the idea, it's the execution, which is rushed to the point of making him seem wishywashy and unreliable

Sounds more like Arc-V and not Zexal

Anna isn't a friend that hung around and Kotori doesn't really count and again, they didn't waste screentime unless you think someone who isn't involved in the plot being on screen at all is wasted screentime

>Really poorly established MAIN villain for an arc who felt almost maniacally evil at points until the very end with the sympathetic twist after which he immediately stop genociding and becomes a nice guy. Ultimately, he feels shallow and I cannot agree with your opinion.

Dr. Faker was known through his actions and we got his backstory in V's duel. We got to know him through Kaito's feelings for him. You don't have to agree with my opinion. Dr. Faker did fine as a villain and set up a whole lot of things going forward.

>Expanded the backstories for three useless characters and three useful ones? Yes. However, the way it was handled felt like an offhanded checklist rather than a natural progression of the plot.

Useless character is subjective. All of the Barians fit their roles. Whether it be letting Yuma and the others see that not all Barians are evil or establishing that the Barians are victims in all this just like the humans.

GBs need a way to tag out without ending the BP, or a couple of monsters that they can sit on defensively with minimal risk.

>Leo talking about how he wants Yuya to be defeated first
Why?
How does that benefit him more than taking out, let's say, Reiji?

He probably needs the 4 boys gathered now that he has the 4 girls.

That, or he wants to ensure that they can be kept separate. We still don't know shit about Revival Zero or Hitotsu Ni.

well yuya's pendant can create pendulums which is a power leo cannot control and he also has the power of EGAO

Leo probably doesn't want to make the Yuu's become one, only as a last resort.

>Elminate Sakaki Yuya
>I think it's time for Yusho to know the truth

He obviously knows that Yuya is some ancient evil along with the other Yuu's.

Nah, you just need to get Herakles out on the first turn with a decent hand size.

What are you talking about? Every deck, even the pet decks, has to have a completely untouchable boss monster that can't be stopped!

Look for the new support: Gladiator Beast Hammerius, coming soon to Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V!

Teward pls

Holy shit NAC having another meltdown again. Even one of the mods lost his shit and made a "What went wrong" thread for the entirety of Arc-V.

Goddamit Ono... JUST

How bad did people lose their shit in post-64 5Ds? Was it on this scale?

>going to NAC
You should have stayed there.

This is fine, things looking full of zetsubo SOON

still hoping for a duel puzzle episode

How else do we get the episode summaries and script? Someone's gotta go there.

Yusho sure must of hurt his leg bad, it looks they haven't even moved an inch from the previous episode.

God Leo is such a fucking loser. He might even be below Faker as worst villain in the franchise.

good thing he isn't the final boss right?

He and Yuri still have until next Spring to redeem themselves at least somewhat

They're honestly about the same level, except Leo isn't as ugly. I miss Roger.

He's just airing out his crotch

>tfw REEEEEEEEGER is in 1st place for best villain in Arc-V currently

Shin is Yuya's new bff.

Rodger's breakdown was amazing.

Roger losing his shit was seriously the best thing about Synchro, god I miss him

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOO

>Roger goes REEEEEEEEE and teleports Yuya leaving Reiji and Co. behind
>Reiji and Co. later make it to Academia
>Roger still MIA with no word

I feel they just dropped him from the show.

It's not really all that surprising. He was a genuinely really fun villain that kept me entertained whenever he was onscreen. He wasn't necessarily complex or anything, but he was a fairly effective villain who was constantly acting to complete his plans in varied and creative ways, complete with endless backup plans in case his main shit failed.

Honestly, I'd consider him among the better YGO villains in general.

This is now Roger thread. Roger posts only. Each post must praise Roger's Roger-ness. I'll start.

I love how Roger doesn't give a fuck about his chess piece. So beautiful.

I wouldn't. When it comes to the overarching story he amounts to 'some guy' that defected from Academia and has little bearing. Past villains that are remembered also usually had some kind of connection to their adversaries that was explored at least somewhat, but even with the lancer he tried to manipulate the most (Yuya) his interactions were pretty brief.

He's the best villain in Arc-V, but only because the others are either not really worth talking about, or fail to show up to the vote.