Noitamina

When did it all go so wrong?

Rampo Kitan

They are backwards

I'd say it went to shit way sooner, though they still had some great shit after pic related.

>GC and BRS aired one after the other
I miss trainwreck Thursdays

When was it ever right?

Kuzu no Honkai will save noitaminA.

Since samurai memenco. In before fedoras bawwwwwwwww

k-on

This. I can't fucking wait.

whats wrong with Zankyou no Terror?

Is that a joke?

Neither can I.

It was fine until this bitch showed up and brought garbage writing along with her.

thats true and I always hate japanese vos speaking english but I still think it ended well

When they gave control of it to aniplex.

2010 when they decided to expand the block to 1 hour and appeal to otaku.

YER KIDDING

Wasn't the spot created exactly to air shows that weren't strictly aimed at otaku?

And now they appeal directly to otaku. Poetry.

What channel airs noitaminA?

Fuji TV

Saekano was the point of no return. Not that it's a bad show, it just goes against the purpose of the block in the first place.

wut? noitaminA has been great for years.

>When did it all go so wrong?

Battery is airing in noitaminA right now, and it's one of the AotS contenders, so you tell me.

They gave sole creative control for developing programming for the block to Aniplex the most commercial company in anime and tossed the whole programming for non-otaku and other traditional anime viewing audiences thing right out the window. Just add it to the list of things that have sold out hard to them in the anime scene in recent years.

And now it's one of the most pandering blocks in the industry. Aniplex has pretty much taken over at least half of everything to do with popular late night anime at this point though so that's not saying much. They have something like 6 or 7 time slots solely rented out to them between Thursday and Saturday that they fill with crap every season and that's just for late night TV anime stuff.

I miss when noitaminA had more contributions from a variety studios. Now everything that airs on it since about 2014 seems to be by A-1 Pictures or some Sony Slave studio but again I could say the same for a lot of late night TV anime where 1 in every 5 shows is probably going to be by A-1 now. Seriously fuck A-1 Pictures, everywhere they go they turn things to crap and make people stupid and waste some of the actual rare legitimate talent remaining in the industry on bullshit projects where they don't even get any say anyway.

Isn't Orange notaminA too?

lots of normalfags outside Sup Forums are saying that show is AOTS

>First 5 years of noitaminA from 2005-2009
>Contributions by all kinds of studios ranging from Bones, J.C Staff, Toei, I.G, TMS, Brain's Base and Manglobe

>Suddenly 2010
>A-1 Pictures gets it's first noitaminA show in Fractale which "saves anime" by bombing hard
>Block goes back to a healthy rotation of Bones, I.G, Tatsunoko, AIC with some occasional A-1.

>2013 when A-1 noticeably starts to be pimping itself out everywhere with it's Just Do It initiative and everyone suddenly drops everything to sell out to them in a way that hasn't let up since and has caused anime to basically go to shit.
>noitaminA shows by studio from Summer 2013 on, A-1, A-1, Manglobe, Tatsunoko, A-1, Mappa, Tatsunoko, A-1, A-1, MAPPA, Lerche, A-1, A-1, Wit Studio, Zero-G

Total series count for A-1: 7
Total series count for everyone else that's just Aniplex anyway: 8

Next upcoming set is TBA, TBA and of course A-1 in Fall and Winter but you can bet one of those TBA is just going to be A-1 (probably Scum's Wish) because it's more soulless that way

Orange is not noitaminA. The absence of Aniplex should have clued you in on that one. People aren't joking, the block is entirely Aniplex now. Japan has even talked about it on occasion but I mean it's little different virtually any other time slot you go to nowadays. Orange seems like the show that might have aired on noitaminA in it's original form but that's not the kind of block it is anymore.

>programming for non-otaku
>and other traditional anime viewing audiences

1. normalfags in japan do not watch anime, especially if you are rearu-ju seisha-in slaving away in a kabushiki-gaisha

2. if notanimA is trying to capture "traditional anime viewing audiences" like those who watch mainstream stuff like pokemon, they are doing it in the WRONG TIME SLOT!

they still made the best show ever

The whole AOTS thing gets tossed around so much now it's ceased to have any particularly special meaning if it ever did at all. It's just bullshit people say for memeing purposes.

Was Psycho-Pass Reruns the last hour-long noitamina?

subete ga was fucking cool tho

No normal people in Japan don't watch anime because they no better at this point. late night anime is fucking garbage. You're better off occupying your time with just about any other form of entertainment nowadays.

The goal was to try to get more non-otaku adult males and females into anime and it failed miserably for obvious reasons so they just said fuck it sold out to Aniplex and made it another commercial block.

Show was awful for most of it's run then had a passable ending. Try not exaggerating the shit out of things for once Sup Forums

what made it awful exactly ?
i really dont get the hate punchline has been getting.
like the animation had NO problem, the plot was fucking, great, the soundtrack passable with a few gem and the characters endearing

Criminally low amounts of Meika Tbh