What happened to the Church?

Then
>be a kid in the 90s/early 2000s
>parents are Catholics who go to church infrequently, grandmother goes every sunday
>go to church every weekend with grandmother from age 5 to 7 or so, go every so often for holidays and the rites afterward until 9 or 10
>mass would be focused on salvation, but often warned of the dangers of sin and indulgence in worldly things
>abandon the church during militant atheist teenage phase and later agnostic years
Now
>am not a theist or Christian, but now detest the destruction of society by atheists and heathens
>go to church to see what it's like
>big sign on door says "we welcome people of all faiths to pray and meditate with us"
>most of the mass is readings by overweight, short-haired, late middle age dyke type women in blouses and yoga pants
>verses are the most Marxist ones out of the entire bible
>one woman talks about our "brothers and sisters in the hispanic communities facing systemic poverty and oppression" (no joke)
>some young effeminate priest finally turns up and talks about compassion and inclusion
>brings up a verse about materialism (I forget which) and carrying more than you need, and I finally think we're getting somewhere
>he interprets it to mean essentially "you shouldn't care about too much"
>choir sings a black gospel version of "Hallelujah" led by a fucking hipster with flashy haircut, earrings, and thick glasses

I finally know why Sup Forums hates Catholicism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GSeopfUPrwk?t=948
youtube.com/watch?v=-3JWEUGLnmI
youtube.com/watch?v=UJs7SBfCPUs
youtube.com/watch?v=kPRviHmjh8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jews.

What do pedos have to do with it? My impression was that they've cleaned that shit up to some extent, at least so it's less prevalent.

The only true Christianity is fundamentalist Christianity. Everyone else is a poser.

As far as what happened to the church, well, like every other institution in the west they were infiltrated and subverted.

The pedo scandal happened because the Catholic church help runaway faggot teenage kids back in like the 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. Back in the day all people shunned them and they had nowhere to go except to the church as orphans. Then they grew up and, fags being fags, started molesting kids in the church because all fags are pedos. This is the thanks you get for showing compassion to sodomites. Now the normie world basically equates belief in God with wanting to fuck kids.

>not attending traditional Latin mass
Found your problem

((((((Jesuits))))))

Doing anything and everything to try and keep people coming.

It's pretty fucking sad.

im still catholic and will always be. I hear the next guy to replace the pope is really right wing or anti liberal

This

The mainstream Poz church is basically in terminal decline, it's the Trad side that's absorbing /ourguys/ and /ourgals/ looking for something more meaningful

Catholicism is nothing but a church. What's so good about a church? Nothing. What does a church contribute to society? Jack shit. It's a place where faggots go to confess their sins to another man and give money to an already rich establishment. Gj.

It's the same, you've changed.

Christianity got infiltrated by secularism, look at Europe.

>detest the destruction of society by atheists and heathens
Yes, because it certainly isn't the church importing the third world. Oh, wait, no, that's exactly what they're doing.

>the church has bad leaders o noes it's all over
literally read a history book

jesuits and a fucking south american pope thats what happend also vatican 2 sucks

i want to go to church but only to an aesthetic uber-trad church

does that make me anti-christian?

That's not true. I've had a similar experience

I've been through a similar religious journy user. I have yet to bother going back to a church though. All the ones in my neighborhood (Oakland, CA) look like pic related. I snapped this shot just a couple hours ago.

Find one with a latin mass, too. Don't let a bad priest make you a bad catholic

Don't let false prophets get in the way between you and God.

My dumb catholic church never would take a stand about anything happening in society. Aside from praying for tornado victims or shit like that. They even ignore innocents and especially Christians being slaughtered around the world.

Finally the Monsignor makes his move.......and denounces the nazis in Louisville. He was very explicit in his condemnation. This was the moment that will cured me from ever giving them another dime. (Yes I know I was a cuck for ever donating int he first place, but I do believe in willingly helping people and personal sacrifice)

FUCK OFF with your shit ass church, HUH what kind of stupid believes are held there... i won't even know they treated me wrong just because i like to fuck and be a slut
the hell is wrong with them? i want to be filled with 3 cocks at the same time and now i'm wrong, literally WHAT fuck that piece of shit church, i'm still going to be a slut and get pounded every week by 3 different guys i don't care as long as theirdicks are meaty, fuck you hans, unless you want to unzip your pants so i can blow you don't reply

> Bureaucracy
> Lies
> Corruption
The same thing that ruins most man made institutions over time.
This goes for all religions as reflected in religious history. There are seeds of truth buried in various stories/passages/omissions but a good amount of what is written are the works of man which are privy to crumbling over time as higher truths are revealed. Religion is not the end all be all of spirituality. It is more of a spark, catalyst, and training wheels.

The rest, w.r.t the the broader course of the world is just that...
> Wax
> Wayne
> Ebb
> Flow

Look for Latin mass

I know what you mean. At least 3 churches in my city (2 of which are pretty large) are proudly flying the gay flag. As far as I'm concerned, that is outright promotion of homosexuality by the church. Not "trying to bring in new members".

sounds like the protestant swedish church... women shitskins or beta-males can't be shepards

>Priest turns up halfway through mass

Jesus Christ man, if you're going to be 13 and make up some bullshit, at least make it believable.

maybe we should form our own abbeys and monasteries

I want to start reading the New Testament?
Where do I start Sup Forums?
Bring me back.

Study hard. Work hard. Move to the rich, white, conservative suburbs. Yep. We know what’s going on in the country. We also know what matters.
You want to go to a nice, conservative church?
Oh, we got that. Is it discriminatory? Yep. Do we care? Nope. Don’t like it? Move. Rich. Clean. White. And when I say white, I mean you either are a hard working proud white American, who stands for our national anthem, respects themselves, and others. Just acts white basically.
It’s like the 50’s with current technology. The air is fresh. The lawns are manicured. Want to leave your house unlocked? Eh. Sure. No problem.
These are the places between the urban plight, the limousine liberal big cities, the middle class misery, and the rural death. We just work hard and play hard. Mostly families, but single life is cool too. It’s an exclusive club. No, not everyone is welcome. That’s a good thing.

>I finally know why Sup Forums hates Catholicism.
For being redpilled Sup Forumsacks sure forget about how all these things have been subverted. Instead of railing against Catholics and women maybe your time would be better spent understanding that the problem goes beyond those groups

St. Matthew

Matthew

Imagine a whip that is miles long and you whip it but it takes years to make it to the end. God is dead - circa 1890. The wolves knew a long time ago.

Just read it through 2bh user, I've found that's the easiest way to "digest" the NT

Man are you me? Is catholic big in america, your story is exactly the same in my life
From the effeminate priest to the constant minority pandering
In the 90s i remember that one priest who had the antics off a military man, everyone shook up in excaltation when he showed up now we have priest thats very weird around kids and effeminated like you said

>tfw live in community that revolves around a Pentecostal Church
>tfw sing comfy hymns and songs, call gays sinners and Pastor tells the majority white congregation to "have as many kids as God wants you to have"

How can Cathocucks compete?

Aren’t most fucking “men” effeminate these days.

you just made me think of a very long and thick COCK, god thanks god is dead anyways i don't care about that faggot, i care about being filled with cum everyday

>commute for hours to dump shekels into a pot that also goes to the global poz machine
No thanks bruh.

>traditional Latin mass
Please tell me more about this, as I've been meaning to look into Catholicism for a while, do you mean Roman Catholicism?

Freemasons. The one-world government requires the sacrifice of all Old World religions and ideologies, including Christianity.

Freemason occultists teach Kabbalist mysticism and Gnostic duality, meaning they believe in demon magic and also they equate GOD with Lucifer, which is the most profane heresy and degenerate lie every concocted in the history of the world.

This is not a conspiracy, it is an objective fact. The New World Order, the ruling institutions, are run by Freemasons, and Freemasonry is Jewish occultism.

Wrong, Freemasons and occultists. Jesuits are merely weak and subverted by the (((Pope))).

Close, but where does the religious aspect of their secular beliefs come from? Judaism, or more accurately, Freemasonry.

Wrong again.

>The same thing that ruins most man made institutions over time.
The church is part of the establishment and the establishment goes with the mainstream.
As the Overton window shifts mainstream back to the right, the church will move with it.

Cont'd
I would be shot for posting this if I were a Freemason. This is from the standard reference of American Freemasonry, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Rite of Freemasonry, 32nd Degree: The Royal Secret.

A.k.a equivalence of God and Lucifer, Light and Dark.

In Cenla?

Thank you kind anons.
I hate the way the Church has changed and continues to do so. I want to at least read a bible now and then, it's been far too long.

You mean Central CA?

No. I mean central Louisiana

Nothing happened, you just haven't read anything from the vatican
Apart from abortion they've basically been SJW's since the 60's. If you took their documents and said that they came from a gender studies department, I'm sure most people would believe you

This thread= christians complaining about christian church being christian.

Also note that the text quote the "Sohar" or "Zohar" which is the central text of Kabbalist Jewish mysticism. It is nothing but occult lies.

So there you have it: The world is run by Freemasons, and the highest secret in Freemasonry is that Men are Gods, God is no better than Lucifer, and that through occult study one can become like God, master of the balance between Good and Evil.

Thought I was reading Scientology for a sec.

I went to church for two sermons recently for the same reason. Basically the same story give up and do not fear the destruction of yourself and culture because Christianity. I was like wtf? That’s some strong jimmy jones drink the kool aid shit the Catholic Church is spewing these days. Pretty much identical story. Grandparents were devout Catholics, parents were up until 5 years ago. Now all of the sudden they hate the church and the church is telling anyone with a militant consciousness to give up before the fight starts. Sounds like fucking jewery and commie meddling to me brother

So yeah, shit like that happens, sadly, esp. in urban areas. A few thoughts in no particular order:

I'd try to look around for other Catholic churches, especially traditional Latin Masses, etc. The Mercederians, the FSSP, and other others often have beautiful Latin masses, traditional music, gorgeous liturgies, and strong homilies.

2) In most areas there's a surprisingly large network of Catholic intellectuals, young professors, grad-students, and families. I've lived in Philly, NY, and the midwest, and there's always been one. They generally are aware of the problems and can point you in the right direction. Try to tap into the local group.

3) The Church, honestly, is in recovery mode. There's the continuing sexual revolution, dramatically increased materialism, horrible press coverage, the scandals (their own fault), and the disaster of Vatican II, infiltrating protestant ideology--it does on and on--so I guess in some ways we need to have patience. I'm always amazed at how the church keeps going.

4) Good on you for going back. That's awesome. I'll keep you in my prayers.

5. This seems to be the story everywhere: I know at least five atheists who are back. I came back last year (from agnosticism/apathy).

>in 2007 Pope Benedict brings back Latin Mass
>grows rapidly all throughout the world
>in some areas it even replaces the regular Novus Ordo mass, which is in decline
>ordination to traditionalist orders are also on the rise now
>Francis calls these Catholics 'rigid', ain't too pleased but he can't shut it down

Basically we in the West are going into the Benedictine 'Winter Church' mode. It will shrink overall, and will leave a small but devout number of Catholics to carry on the faith

That is funny. My family goes to a Pentecostal church and the pastor adopts niggers.

The pope now is a commie liberal and he subverted the Catholic Church into a liberal commie haven. No more Catholics are traditionalist conservative people who worship Jesus son of God. We need another Pope John Paul II, that is when the Catholic Church was at its peak of glory. I will be Catholic but I do not accept the communist pope, not my pope.

and to add, true Christianity got covered up through genocide and important aspects such as Christ's wife got hidden.
If we're created in Gods image.. and there's men AND women.. well, go by that logic. Things are made to seem sexist by those who seek to muddy things
youtu.be/GSeopfUPrwk?t=948

>call gays sinners
Would like to point out that the God of love doesn't have a problem with gays.. they even serve a purpose as to bait people into being judgemental..
youtube.com/watch?v=-3JWEUGLnmI

youtube.com/watch?v=UJs7SBfCPUs

My church is pretty comfy and legit.

>Split between young couples with kids, middle aged, and 60+
> Well off mountain suburb in Jersey
>Good scripture selection ranging from Matthew parables to letters from St. Paul
>Homily's usually good

I think it was two Sundays ago where we read a parable about a vineyard that stops producing proper grapes, and as a result the hedges come down and beasts come in and wreck the vineyard. New priest (who was a deacon) gives a sermon, and in part of it the secular age has made us spiritually weak since the time we fought off the Moors, which means we're in danger- in connection to the Vineyard which doesn't bear good fruit, and as such it's in danger of having the hedges come down

doesn't sound like any catholic church I've ever been too.

I guess I'll share my experience too

Then:
>Protestant churches in the 90s
>Pastor is typically a middle-aged man, or man with young family
>Sermons about repentance, sin, charity, and having a steadfast trust and faith in God
>Everyone is quite well dressed, suits and dresses and whatnot
>May be a bit liberal on some specific things, but very conservative on social and moral issues
>Music was traditional and wholesome and you felt a sense of purity from it
>No powerpoint presentation sermons or dimming lights like a concert, just a guy preaching out the front

Now:
>"""Pastor""" is a woman or a trendy millennial numale
>Is hooked up wirelessly to surround sound speakers, has earpiece-microphone thing, and has downlighting onto their stage-pulpit, the parishoners [read: audience] sit in dimmed-light darkness
>Sermons basically boil down to, every week: "God loves you and you may have hardships in life, but God loves you and everything is great"
>A church near where I live had a sermon called, "God wants you to be diverse", I am not making this up
>They are more like secular motivational speeches than actual sermons
>People come in dressed in tank tops, short shorts, yoga pants, and the like
>Very liberal and wishywashy on all issues, it basically boils down to "just love them, user"
>Worship is basically a rock concert, moshpit and lyrics on a screen and all. Don't really directly mention God or Christ - just a vague character of "You" or "He/Him", who you assume to refer to God

the pope is not a commie ok he just doesn't like usury and speculators

people realized you worship idols since god died but yo uworship revelations and that other stupid shit which we all know is made up shit to sell.

anybody who reads after jesus died in the bible believing its real, or to be real, is a fucking idol worshopper. why the fuck you not reading what jesus god put and some dude afterwards after he died said.

nobody cares about your magic crystal balls, cause i got my own.

Oh lol, no sorry m8 but I figured there'd be plenty of pentecostal churches there.

We had the opposite happen in my church, this BASED BEAN family adopted a bunch of blonde kids from the Ukraine and South Africa.

That little Ukrainian is gonna be a GOAT boxer and swimming and latina poon when he gets older, assuming he doesn't stay in the church that is

Who? The most "conservative" contenders to the papacy are:

Marc Oullet: Apologized for antisemitism and gay-bashing. Canadian.

George Pell: Talked about "interfaith dialogue" with Muslims and Jews. Australian.

Wilfrid Napier: Nigger

Robert Sarah: Nigger

Charles Chaput: Loves illegal beaners. American.

The church is absolutely screwed.

>>big sign on door says "we welcome people of all faiths to pray and meditate with us"

Yeah, they aren't sincere.

t. recopagan

I do remember hearing that immediately after Christ died, satanists started twisting things around, so you hit the nail on the head as far as going by what Jesus said as priority #1. I suppose though that things said by other parts of the bible can at still teach lessons at least.

Ya might be interested in this channel as it talks about true Christianity and a lot of other good shit
youtube.com/watch?v=kPRviHmjh8Q

Excuse me for asking, so what is the name of that branch of Catholicism / worship?
Mind you, that I've been raised in the modern 'neo-Protestantism', which is pretty much just Atheism, but with Protestant values.

You are describing the Episcopal branch of Christianity; not Catholicism.

Within the Catholic Church the FSSP perform traditional pre Vatican II Latin mass (Tridentine mass). This is in full communion with Rome etc. look them up online and you might find a parish in your area, luckily for me there is one within a half hour drive.

When you attend you'll soon realise how much we lost as a consequence of Vatican II

My average church day hasn't changed, commies took over yours, my priests actually tell good stories and have decently funny banter. Get the helicopter ready for your church tho user

Protestantism and Catholicism are both infected. Protestants have "open & affirming" theology and Catholics have liberation and SJW theology. I don't bother with Orthodox churches because I don't like the idea of ethnic based Christian organizations (and we all know that Orthodox is super autistic about ethnicity).

You basically need to find a congregation of true believers. Whether it's a Catholic or Protestant congregation... it doesn't matter. Just find people who believe in the old faith. Hey, maybe even give Orthodox a try if it works for you.

t. a protestant who doesn't care about denominational fights

fuck it after he died, who the fuck wrote it?
yo worship it?
you always make up everythign you do after it. cause yoru all fucking fake. go to church over what i just wrote cause its matters as much and should be in there, before revelations becuase its as imoprtant as
it wasnt like your not fake anyway, just you always looking for tryign to take over everything and around then is when everybody knew everything. all the tools are in place. for wide world enlightenment. the internet. so you started to always try to detriment it.

fucking godamn mother fucker and you know thats exactly what you done.

>Charles Chaput: Loves illegal beaners
you act like thats a bad thing. The Catholic church needs loyal savagely soldiers if its ever attacked.

More like the Christian church degenerating due to apathy and a lack of real understanding of the bible, effectively the shepherds that took over the flocks have led them astray and most of the sheep have not wizened up to the decreasing amount of pasture.

George Pell is being investigated for pedophilia at the moment, FYI. Major news story here.

If you can't find FSSP nearby, try SSPX, they perform latin mass although it's debatable as to whether they are in schism or not.

Personally I'd say no, but they have disagreement with Rome as they refuse to adhere to many of the reforms instilled in Vatican II

Jews happened.

Literally open up the bible. How many times does it warn against apathy and the acceptance of degeneracy in the faith... MANY

It goes by the name of Traditional Catholicism. If you're interested look up Rorate Caeli, and come to the Catholic thread on /lit/

There's no "branches" of Catholicism. We're all look to the Pope and the vatican as leadership.
In the 1960s, big changes were made to the way Catholics celebrate mass (religious service). Instead of being in latin, churches could now give the service in the local language, among other changes. Not that long ago, it was allowed for catholics to do it in the old style, if they wished. There are some priests that will offer that mass, usually at a different time of day to the regular mass. You can just ask your local priest if there's a Latin mass in your diocese.

catholics are idol worshippers. god never said there was anybody who was a man that was speaking for him

its tyrannious peoples wet dreams is all

big control tool

It would be interested if pic related became the pope tho

interesting* dammit

Damn, a decent nigger...

Lapsed Catholic. Traitor Bergoglio was the straw that broke the camels back. Haven't been to Mass since he made sucking Muslim dick a Sacrament.

Lousy argument against Catholicism. They could just respond by saying God speaks through the office of the Pope like a prophet. And there's a million theological hoops to jump through regarding idolatry.

Honestly, protestants and catholics just need to let each other chill out. The core problem is a disagreement regarding Peter. Protestants believe the Church to be built on Peter's confession of faith, Rome sees it as being literally built on Peter the man and therefore Rome itself. Since that will never be reconciled we might as well move on and try to just coexist in some capacity. Different people will gravitate to different sides and so on.

We all believe in Christ the Lord.

The safest bet is to just find a parish that does Extraordinary form.

Pope Benedict bought back the Latin Mass a few years back, instituting it as an alternative form to the normal novus ordo mass. So now Diocesan Priests can say the old mass if they choose. There isn't a whole lot of enthusiasm for it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find parish. If there are no parishes around that say Extraordinary form, then its advisable that you go around looking for orders that say latin mass.

>Not a war only, but a world-wide revolution as well.

>Not simply a man-made holocaust, but also a God-sent
chastisement, accompanied by cosmic disturbances.

>The whole world will be involved in the fighting. A unique
feature is the internal disintegration of the Western democra-
cies and the invasion of Western Europe by Arab forces.

>Civil wars rage in Western Europe. The Church is perse-
cuted; the Pope leaves Rome and dies in exile; an anti-pope is
installed in Rome; the Catholic Church is split, leaderless and
completely disorganized. Communism is victorious. The Mohammedans invade Europe and commit innumerable atroci-
ties.

>In the West, however, Christians rally around an unex-
pected leader, an army officer of royal blood, but their
chances seem very slim.

>The natural disturbances begin: floods, droughts, famines.

>prophet
YOUR GOD IS DEAD
AND NOONE CARES
IF THERE IS A HELL
I'LL SEE YOU THERE

>A comet approaches the earth: Whole mountains split open;
huge tidal waves swallow up low-lying lands; stones fall from the sky; a deadly fog or gas poisons the atmosphere; a pro-
longed darkness envelops the earth. Two-thirds or three-
fourths of the human race is wiped out.

>The powers of evil are shattered. The Christian Prince leads
his growing army to battle and wins victory upon victory. In
West Germany he crushes a Germano-Russian Army. Com-
munism collapses everywhere. The Mohammedans are thrown
back to the sea. The war is carried to Africa and the Middle
East, where the Arab Power is dealt a deadly blow. At this
stage, if not earlier, U.S. troops come to the assistance of
Western Europe.

>Russia and China are converted to Catholicism, as also the
Mohammedans. All non-Catholics return to Mother Church.
A holy Pope is elected; he shows great firmness; and he re-
stores all the former disciplines in the Church.

>All the nations of Western Europe unite and form a new
Roman Empire, and accept as their emperor the great Chris-
tian Prince, chosen by God, who works hand-in-hand with the
holy Pope. The triumph of the Catholic Church is universal.

>The whole world enjoys a period of complete peace and
unprecedented prosperity in mutual love and respect among
people and nations.

>This great peace will last until the coming of Antichrist.

western super fast lifestyle and a few too many pedophile scandals killed the average churches.

We've never had an actual traitor as Pontiff before. This is wholly unprecedented.

Yes we survived the occasional bad Pope, but those were all survivable. Treason is a different story altogether.

Paganism are our roots, brother. Christianity is just another sandnigger religion that is constantly being subverted.

Less conservative churches are dying and will continue to die while the remaining churches will grow to be nore conservative.

yea I know he kisses nigger feet but he hasn't said anything ex cathedra so what are you even bitching about?

Note: This prophesy re-cap is the "catholic" version of what actually describes the rise of the antichrist who ushers in world peace before the great tribulation starts.