What was Sup Forums's first experience with anime?

What was Sup Forums's first experience with anime?

What's the oldest anime you physically own?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KI2bPX4vbC0
youtube.com/watch?v=55DHrOeqwcA
youtube.com/watch?v=UFeZLJLgq-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same as OP for first anime. Physical um does Felix the cat count? I got a dollar store dvd of him but other than that I'm all online

My good old 1997 vhs of the Pioneer dub.

Same as OP for first anime but this is the oldest I own

I think I have a single VHS tape of lain somewhere...

>doesn't have all 4

Ugh my brother use to watch Anime all the time when I was four, bootleg badly dubbed VHS tapes.
Oldest one I remember was a space one and may have had some nudity in it, I'd love to find it someday but googling space anime with nudity does not narrow down the search.

Very vague memory but some guy was travelling about it may have been earth or space with a girl, she had blue hair but then she died or disappeared and he basically found someone who basically her with a different personality and same shit happened to her, happened again with a third person.
Think the end the three girls all turned out to be parts of the same person and the joined together and had super powers or some shit.

They all had long blue hair
First girl was shy and quiet, second girl was brave and fiery, cannot remember the third girl.
I have asked my brother about it but nothing.

I thought I had the first Shonen Jump volume laying around my room somewhere but can't seem to find it right now, and now I'm thinking that I might have even thrown it away

First actual experience with anime? Either Astro Boy or Voltron when I was a small child in the early 80s. First knowing it's anime and not just another cartoon? Battle Angel Alita at some point in the 90s.

The oldest anime I physically own would have to be Sukeban Deka on VHS.

has to be dragonball for me like most people. then the only other anime that i watched was some anime called yumeria.

I think my first experience was Sailor Moon, when I was a kid. Never owned much anime though. The technically "oldest" thing I have is a Porco Rosso DVD.

>What was Sup Forums's first experience with anime?
Either Vampire Hunter D or Armitage III: Poly-Matrix back when the Sci-Fi Channel got its start. I had a huge crush on Armitage back in fourth or fifth grade.

I think was the first anime I ever owned and I loved Cooler's final form.

>all these people coincidentally got into anime due to cooler's revenge on VHS

I had a few episodes of Starzinger on VHS as a kid.

I used to collect the Funimation VHS because there was a time without cable.

Same as most people, DBZ and YYH on Toonami. I own a good chunk of the Buu saga and some of the Android saga on VHS.

I"m pretty sure I have some old cassettes lying around.
I used to have all DBZ movies.

I believe the first time I experienced anime was in church when I was three or four. They had what I think is Super Book, which I watched constantly there. The oldest anime I physically own in terms of when the show was released is Rose of Versailles via the Nozomi Entertainment release. The oldest I own physically in terms of when the release came out is a VHS of the original My Neighbor Totoro dub.

It's not what got me into anime, just the first one I physically owned. It was either that or Princess Mononoke back in sixth grade.

Toonami. Dragonballz was kinda meh to me, I liked Mecha animes like Gundam, ZOIDS and (more Sup Forums tho) transformers. HACK G.U. was cool. Pokemon, YuGiOh and Megaman NT Warrior played every day after school too. My first collectible was my first issue of the gundam seed manga that I got on vacation once, before barnes and noble came to my state.

Post anime VHS collections and maybe any stories you might have about yours. I found all of mine at thrift shops.

Forgot pic.

First I saw was something like Samurai Pizza Cats or Ronin Warriors (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) or maybe Robotech reruns. Not certain. Something that Aired in the early to mid 90s anyway, I watched several such shows without really making any differentiation from other cartoons.

My awareness of anime as anime starts with the early Sci-fi channel anime block where they had stuff like Casshan, Iria-Zeiram: the animation, Galaxy Express 999, and Armitage III among other things. (Well that along with my family getting a computer and dial up which let me learn about anime through things like Anipike.)

The first thing I physically owned was either Battle Angel, Gundam 0083, or MAPS on subbed VHS. I'm not sure what order I found those in. When I was first starting I'd scour the used book store for tapes and later dvds before I started buying new.

Technically my first "anime" was probably Yugioh , Pokemon or Digimon. However the first actual anime I watched was Inuyasha and Gundam Seed on Adult Swim.

Sounds like the Space Adventure Cobra movie my guy.

>featuring music by Deftones and Disturbed

Holy shit this could be it, thanks.

i got totoro on VHS

Owned Galaxy express 999 on VHS, had a few other horribly dubbed in my native language, and some in farsi too.

It's cool that Bebop had an entire episode about some nerdy dude collecting antiquated media platforms.

>Deftones and Disturbed.

Is this real?

Nobody tell me American Dub is superior anymore.

>Is this real?

youtube.com/watch?v=KI2bPX4vbC0

You tell me.

Not sure if Sup Forums would consider this, but Speed Racer back in the 90s.

First non-mainstream one was subtitled Sailor Moon on the international channel in the 90s.

First anime that got me into anime was Tenchi, and also the first I physically owned.

oh wah ah ah ah

youtube.com/watch?v=55DHrOeqwcA

First experience, probably Doraemon or some kiddy anime from that time.

First owned... probably some DBZ VHS, and a Ranma 1/2 ova

My first was actually the Slayers Motion Picture when I was 8. It was just teetering on the very edge of my memory, I couldn't even remember the name, only very tiny bits and pieces of it and the ending song. By some miracle I found it, and it wasn't very good but at least it introduced me to the franchise.

The first anime I ever became addicted to was DBZ in my early teen years, thanks to the GBA game Legacy of Goku 2.

The oldest anime I own is this Outlaw Star box set from the early 2000s.

What the fuck is this?

Disturbed fans

Video of mass murderer Samuel Hydeson before he shot up an orphanage

Umi no Triton. I was no older than 6. National TV probably thought that after some instance of macross that was broadcast in the late 80's triton was the only not-too-retarded thing to show to kids. I remember there was some girl side character who died in one episode and he had to bury her and I was sad as hell. and that the last episode was called "And the sun is born again" and that pops explained to me that that is a poetic phrase for the dawn.

Pretty much proves that the FEATURES DISTURBD (misspelled on the sticker) brought in absolute fucking mongoloids into the fandom.

No the sticker spelled it right.

Check Wikipedia, retard.

Now I understand all those Linkin Park AMVs

Fuck it, I'm drunk.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFeZLJLgq-8

What the fuck does Dragon Ball have to do with 9/11?

>had the edge
>edge
>disturbed.

Watching a few scenes of Scaflowne in TV.
I owned anime, later, the DVDs were too expensive and i could get pirated ones downloaded with Kazaa.

>non-mainstream one was subtitled Sailor Moon

Does that count if it simply wasn't mainstream yet?

I am more of an artbook collector but recently I got a hold of these two. I am very happy with the Storyboards and making of extras. the concept art and frames are very nice too.

This is amusing as all fuck, as I can actually see my old as fuck, dust covered 'coolers revenge vhs' in the corner of my room right now. But I think my copy of DBZ Lord Slug sitting underneath Cooler is older by a month.

My first animu experience was Sailor Moon though.

That question bugs the hell out of me. I mean, I watched cartoons all the time as a kid, but just years after I realized some were japanese animation called anime. Maya the Bee anime? Future Boy Conan? Tom Sawyer? An old ass D'Artagnan anime? Captain Tsubasa? Majokko Megu-chan(name was different here)? There was more shit that I saw at the time, but I can't recall everything, nor I can say each one was the first I saw

I was so confused by this movie as a child

History of Trunks here, I meant Dragon Ball Z not Cooler's Revenger but

Other than Saturday morning cartoon, watching Initial D at my friends house.

That was what made me actively go check anime out.

Takes me back.

I still have a vhs copy of Endless Waltz, but the tape on it snapped quite some time ago

My first experience was Cow Boy Beop. I own all of it. It is the best anime TV series ever created.

I don't have any pictures but I've got the first 1 or 2 episodes of tenchi Muyo on vhs also the couple of episodes of buu saga when Vegeta kills himself

I bought Gunbuster on VHS last year so I could pretend to be cool and hip.
To bad I can't watch them.