Why nipp are so lazy in depicting their Shonen heroes?

Why nipp are so lazy in depicting their Shonen heroes?
Why so many are always summarized in the usual " i want power to protect someone"?

you are just mad because you have no one to protect

Nips are generally bad in depicting moral greys so they can only make pure altruistic goody goods or complete edgelord villains

you chose like the worst possible example to illustrate your point. pic related is much more nuanced than that.

1. Japanese bushido ideal, fighting to protect someone is the highest honor
2. Cultural differences
3. Writers who don't want to take risks

I'm guessing one of these.

Movie BDs WHEN

No I chose him on purpose because he was a good which is then brutally simplified in his final reason to fight.

because that's what a hero is

Well, to be honest, are there even that many motivations you can find?

Speaking of stories with fights in it.

1. I want to protect X
2. I want to be the best at fightan (people get mad at tourney arcs)
3. Muh revenge (people disregard most of these as edgelords)

Because theres literally no reason to fight unless you are protecting something. What are you, 5.

It's not true, there are a lot of reasons for fight, but they prefer to use the simplest because everyone understands the desire to protect a waifu. A character who has more complicated reasons would also require more time to be understood.

Its almost like the target audience is young teenagers

Shounen is for male teenagers, retard.

>Hero wants the power to protect someone
>Villain only targets his loved ones because he got too strong to ignore

4. I want to revive my dead girlfriend/wife
5. I must strengthen my clan for honor
6. Immortality

This is all part of the reason OPM is so refreshing. Being a Hero is just his hobby.

7. I want to destroy this evil system
8. I need the money
9. I don't need a fucking reason

>there are a lot of reasons for fight
it all comes down to protecting something

10.Fighting is my life and my passion. I want to study and improve myself.
11.I fight because I'm forced to do it.
12.I fight because I was a villan and now I want redemption for my soul.

9bis. I don't need a fucking reason, i'm just good at it.

13. I like hurting people.

It's like to say that your life is limited to write on Sup Forums. People are not so simple. The desire to protect someone is only a short summary.
Protect something changes dramatically when you put on multiple layers of reasons, partly because a complex character is someone who wants to do the right thing, but he has to overcome internal conflicts.

It's what sells.

Mostly, fuck determination that allows you to defeat any enemy.

BECAUSE I HAVE FRIENDS

Because having the power to protect something is actually a good reason.

Power for having power is a fine reason too. So long as you're not a fucking asshole just for the sake of it.

Because shounen is literally made for kids.

"I want power...TO CONQUER THE WORLD!"

Goku never said that, not even a single time, and DB was the first Shonen for kid.
Even more, to have a second fight with Vegeta he was ready to send the whole earth in hell.

Goku was literally a combat nerd like those protagonists of the old Chinese movies of martial arts.

But Luffy or Rufi or whatever the fuck and Naruto just want power so everyone respects them (at the beginning)

Not like that's an any more interesting motivation.

because shounen is the laziest art form

"Being the best" is the other common motivation (Naruto, One Piece, DB, Shaman King)

question: what exactly qualifies something as a shounen?

i'm old as shit and still, most of the anime i enjoy are shounen apparently

But user, protecting is the whole point of Makai Knights. Leon finally letting go of his inner demons not only understanding but finding the motivation to accomplish the mission he was entrusted with is perfectly natural development.

There's no dumbing down or simplification here.

And yet, DB is one of the best-selling comic book of all time. So perhaps it is not so true that these kind of heroes sell per se.

>Shonen heroes
Picture unrelated I guess

All of these can be good or bad.
There's no inherent problem with "protecting people/loved ones". Hey, essentially that's what pretty much most western superheroes are about.
The thing is, the japs overdo it, and there's little character variation, they all feel interchangable.

I'm not saying that a single kind of character is the only thing that sells.
I'm just saying kids don't give as much of a fuck about interesting or original motivations as they do abot cool fights.

It's the whole point, yes.

targeted towards teenage boys

Any male MC that isn't "standard male MC 1.0 (action)" is refreshing at this point.
2.0 is harem and equaly annoying if paired with action

if you relate it to the volume count, DB is by a good amount the most popular manga ever. shit like naruto, one piece, bleach, etc would never have existed without it. as much as we all shit on DB, the hype it had when it came out was fucking insane, to the point where toriyama ended up extending its length several times to appease publishers

Luffy essentially just wants to fuck around and be Super Hobo, and Pirate King has the most freedom in the world.

Maybe they use that ideal often because it resonates with their culture and the way they're brought up, senpai.

Also, whenever they become "darker", they end up as edgelords.
As if there's no middleground.

Nope.
Just consider how many of our western heroes or MCs have essentially the same motivation.
It's not taking risks, more than anything.

If you really think about it most heroes are usually on the 'defensive', it's almost always the villains that are the aggressors, so it would make sense for most of them to have some motive related to protecting.

The heroes that tend to move around and do their own stuff usually don't really care about protecting.

Because "I want power ( to protect someone )" is the only way to have a character who wants to be strong while not automatically being evil.

Well, not really 'evil'.

Just not coming off as a douche.

Ok, but does it always have to be the same character.

Strike first and win a war against an evil lord is equally heroic. An MC can simply fights because he hates a particular villain and wants remove his menace. But this, as heroic, may appear selfish.

Protect someone's just a way to say to the viewer: look, this character is unselfish.

published in a manga magazine whose target demographic is young males

>He wants to become strong so everyone will stop shit talking him.

How many more MC's do we have with this dream and motivation?

If manga is published in shounen magazine then it's shounen. Aria, Yotsuba&, GTO, Mahoutsukai no Yome are shounen manga. While Garo, which is anime original isn't.

most Xianxia MCs

Because the real point of battle shounen is gratuitous violence, and that doesn't need complex themes. If anything, you'll just undermine your argument if you try to make a serious point in a story about characters who slap each other with magic powers.

That's why we say "battle shounen" or just "battle manga"

to make that distinction

What about battle seinen?

Only difference is more sex and gore.

Name of this manga? God i'm so slowpoke for this things.

Not really (sex maybe, but the level of gore is pretty much the same)

Seinen manga tend to avoid most of the cliches that are obvious in battle shounen.

Seinen heroes tend to be more antiheroic but I wouldn't say they're less prone to cliche.

Sekai-no-Owari-no-Encore

Its okay. Mc isn't dense or anything, he just wants to get good by training with his sword day and night. Story is just getting started.

I don't remember any sex and gore in Hoshi no Samidare

No that would be Harems

I'd say it's a close second.
But definitely low effort.

how many "want to protect someone" do you see in Seinen?

You mean the power to 守る someone