Manga for old women

Somehow my mother went and said that she would like to read manga, something she has never done before

She is a woman in her 50s and thus reccomending entry level stuff for teenagers of young guys like me simply won't do

so anyone knows of something she would enjoy?

Yotsubato!

YKK

>nobody can dislike yotsuba
the answer was so obvious

this looks great enough, how come I've never heard of this?

boku no pico

Fruits Basket. I believe is she really wants to give manga a try, I'd stick with love drenched slice of life.

I don't know how serious she was about it, but she was definitely curious

My first option was Junji Ito

fruit basket might be a bit childish though

>junji ito

Terrible suggestion

Kakukaku Shikajika is probably a pretty good choice considering the protagonist is a middle-aged woman drawing about her youth

monster and otoyomegatari would be nice choices

Berserk

Aria, Nozaki-kun, Gakuen Babysitters, Emma.

I was joking

it would be hilarious though

Mizuki
Tezuka
Barefoot Gen

that's it

I don't know, I found Ito to never really have an impact on me. It might end up boring her to tears.

Kokomo no jikan.

My mother enjoyed death note surprisingly. Give that a go as a decent entry level comic.

Vamp Hunter D

Mushishi

usagi drop

depends on which. Uzumaki might bore her, but the one of the inflating fish would definitely disgust her, maybe

now that would really be hilariously, although I don't want her to confirm that her son is a pedo

>otoyomegatari
This.
My mom read all the volumes I had, the only thing she didn't really like was the nudity, otherwise she enjoyed it.

In general I'd give her something with drama and romance to read, as cliched as it sounds.

Emma

Sakamichi no Apollon
Nodame Cantabile
Emma
Paradise Kiss

>otoyomegatari
Fair enough, I'll trust what you are telling me

although last time I trusted Sup Forums things went disappointing

Fruits Basket is complete shit. "Wahh I'm a stinky cat" no one cares you faggot

Get her to read fucking I"s or Bitter Virgin if you want SoL romance shit. Your mom's 50 years old not a 14 year old love obsessed teenage girl. Have her read Oyasumi Punpun.

This. Tell her it reminds you of a gender reversal of your own relationship. It's a bit of a gamble but if you're lucky...

Only the first and maybe second part of JoJo since its more Western

Fist of the Northstar (Kenshiro and Yuria)

Ed Edd n Eddy

Ore monotagari

The only one you need

Watched this with my family once.
They liked it.

what is she into? my mum likes crime drama so she read the first volume of death note. despite saying she liked it she hasn't got any further than that

Sukima-Shiki
Fugurumakan Raihouki
Uchuu Kyoudai

What does she like outside of manga? There is plenty manga for literally everybody. Especially if she can read Japanese. Generally speaking, josei manga is for big girls to read.

For ambiguosly mature people series, you could start with Bartender or Skyhigh.

Or Detroit Metal City. Evrybody wants to go to Detroit Metal City.

This, OP. My mom loves yotsubato, we read the new chapters together. She even asked me for a shirt with yotsuba's pic on it for her birthday.

My mum watched Death Note and refused to watch any more after L died. She hated Near and Mello and thought the series should've ended with L's death.

Tachibana san chi no dansei jijou

your mom has good taste

>how come I've never heard of this?
lurk moar

Not sure about manga, but my mom loves Sword of The Stranger. She said it's like Mulan.

Kino no tabi
Mushishi

You could recommend her Sazae-san.
It's about a middle-aged housewife and there's enough episodes where she's gonna be busy until she's in her 90s.

>Emma
Yes, definitely. Aria might be a bit too much to ask of someone who has never read manga before, Japanese tropes tend to be quite un-relatable to the uninitiated.