Who's your favourite manga artist?

Who's your favourite manga artist?

Probably Kentaro Miura.

Why put this much effort into a single shot. The reader will be looking at it for 3 seconds max.

Akira Toriyama back in his prime. He's not the best, but he is my favorite.
or Kentaro Miura.
They're both very good in different ways.

One.

>Akira Toriyama

Real nigga taste coming in Kubo is master try and post a better manga artist.

jesus christ user you want to show off Toriyama's art and you pick that shit?

Let's piss some people off.

My bad, it was the first one I saw and I went with it.

When is baki going to return to fucking real fighting?

Quality vs. QUALITY

>Murata
>Toriyama
>Miura
My favorites were mentioned in this thread already.
Also Araki, I love how he changes his style with each part, but he keeps everything fabulous and flamboyant.

When the whole cast has jobbed to Musashi.

Thoughts on Toyotaro?

Ishida Sui most likely. Araki close second

He draws Dragon Ball better than current Toriyama. He's not as good at paneling as Toriyama was in his prime, but he's alright.

I liked the art from the guy who did battle royale.

He improved a fuck ton while doing the manga.

It's a shame his other works aren't popular, you can't even find this shit scanned or translated.

My favorite mangaka are Fukuomoto and Mizukami.
Purely for art I'd pick Miura or Inoue.

Why put effort at all?

Is he a technical marvel? No, and I know his female designs can be irksome as well as his proportions in general.

But he has a flair for detail and incorporating a wide, imaginative variety of fantasy into his work

>that obvious digital mastering with the heavy as fuck lineart and all the cliche trimmings that come with it
Looks like dogshit to be quite fucking honest. Almost like watching anime.

Hirohiko Araki
Takehiko Inoue
Yoshihiro Togashi
Kentaro Miura
Not sure who else

>no leg day ever
>every female is the same
I fucking love one piece but come on now. He is great at environmental art but his actual character design is shit.

>Yoshihiro Togashi
Top kek

He may not be the best out there, but I love his work

Post the turkey motherfucker

Yukimura Makoto

Kubo's fight choreo tends to be ass, but holy shit it's just so fucking stylish like goddamn

Still looks better than Oda.

Takayuki Yamaguchi, of course

What a wild ride. I felt bad for the both the poor fucks.

Shinobu Ohtaka and Yoshifumi Ohtera

He has many great raw designs with some being the most iconic in the entirety of manga, the fuck are you on about

It's his proportions I specifically mentioned and you pointed out that can be issues, his women notably as well

The main crew, at least pre timeskip, are simple but diverse and fantastic

Do you get paid to say this shit or can you perform enough mental gymnastic to actually believe it?

I like him. It may not be Toriyama but he's got the heart for it. The only weird thing is seeing random panels that you can tell is directly imitating Toryiama's old art-style and not sticking to his own mix which is a bit weird.
Example here: The top left is clearly an imitation of how toriyama drew in the Buu saga, but then when Vegeta turns SSjBlue, the art-style goes back to Toyotaro's style.

Long story short: He's good and he's got passion, but the occasional art shift makes it a bit weird.

dude who draws hentai

Masanori Morita. Understudy of the GOAT manga artist Tetsuo Hara.

Since user won't deliver, I guess I will.

This is my favorite by Tsuruta. He needs to finish it.

Just read this last night. Want more so bad.
I was surprised at how simply the lead girl is drawn compared to the rest of the art. Catches your eye, but not in a bad way.

If you cant understand the concept of raw design and why it's par of what's made One Piece such a massive phenomenon then you're just some idiot blathering about aspects of art you clearly don't understand

He has technical issues, yes

He has issues with proportions that can go beyond just stylistic choices, yes

But his actual, raw designs and the variety of them are distinctive, iconic and memorable. Just look at the crew, the original shichibukai, etc.

It's like watching 60fps go down to 10fps.

Hell yeah devilman is just so expressive.

>Toriyama. He's not the best, but he is my favorite.
Toriyama was a fantastic artist when he wanted to be, even in his Dr.Slump days.

Araki

It's because she's young. The more lines you add to the human body, the older it looks, generally speaking.

I like whoever draws Happiness. Shamo's p cool too

I really like Tsukasa Hojo's art

>>every female is the same
I think you mean every hot female is the same. The ugly and plain ones show incredible variety.

COOL Kyoushinsha's
Literally liked everything I've read from him/her/it and there's like 6 ongoing manga that I'm reading.

Hiroaki Samura

Unironically ONE. Yeah, its looks like he dont give a fuck, but composition and dynamics in his work is great.

Indeed, I absolutely love his illustrations involving crazy vehicles or animals with human-like features; mostly his pre-dbz art

Great art especially backgrounds which were pretty plain in the original manga, great fight choreography. He just needs to stop copy and pasting panels from the original manga like pic related the panel after Frost gets kneed in the gut is taken from Goku vs Raditz.

Do you get paid to shitpost, would be a better question, you meme spouting faggot.
Oddly enough One Piece females have more physical variety than 90% of the shit out there. Why you think that a few Nami clones out of hundreds of female characters mean they "ar rook arike", is beyond me.

Me too

>the panel after Frost gets kneed in the gut is taken from Goku vs Raditz.

So the only mangakas you know?

Takeshi Obata was right about a good artist being able to make anything, even the mundane act of writing and drawing, look incredibly engaging.

Oh Great or Oku Hiroya.

Objectively Takehiko Inoue, but my personal favorite is Hideo Yamamoto.

panpanya
The Coffe Mou Ippai guy
Who ever drew this panel

Meticulously detailed stuff and adhere to realism has its place and takes much dedication to master, but raw energy and iconic simplistic designs are vastly underrated when it comes to these types of threads.

On the more realistic side of things, I really like mucknagabe and Kui Ryoko.

Araki and Kazuki Takahashi

Τbh Dr.Slump's era artwork of Tori was my favorite. OR early-redribbon dragonball.
Toriyama was really good at that comedic change between serious and not-serious drawings.

That's not what it's like at all.

Hideki Arai or Tsutomu Takahashi

Both are great at telling stories and have their own unique styles

I surely hope this isnt an official repaint, cause its highschool photoshop tier

Man, I love how every panel in Dorohedoro looks dirty. In a positive and non-sexual way.

Oda's semen slurping defense squad is out as always, I see.

Cha Kurii
I'm not sure why but I like his drawning style a lot.

Yeah, I love that style.

mah niggas

I've always fucking loved Matsuena Syun's depiction of martial arts.

this

Kaoru Mori.

Noda Satoru

Not the best, just one of my favorite

this yo

Man, on retrospective the titan's backneck form is very recognisable.

fuck yeah! glad to know that someone else has read a bride's story.

I like Sakamoto Shinichi because it's really interesting to watch him draw whenever he uploads videos. There are other artists that are good at using photoshop but he takes it to another level with how he uses brushes and layers.

I also like artists like Asumiko Nakamura and Atsushi Kaneko that have really clean linework.

That dabura?

It's quite popular.

I don't really think I have one and only one. Rather I have some in different categories.
For example Chihiro Harumi did some great character design and clothes in Velvet kiss. Followed by the artist of Shinsekai Yori.

Masasumi Kakizaki gave Hideout some great dark atmosphere, I rarely see.

Sorachi does some incredible fight choreography in Gintama. Not sure if I've seen similiar creative fights in manga yet.

Akira Hiramoto not only knows how to build up sexual tension, but also how to present it well. Prison School had some great moments thanks to that.

Fucking Tosh with Shokugeki no Souma.

Takehiko Inoue is amazing as well with Vagabond.

Honorable mentions:
I like Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou's (pic related) character design, it was pretty hot. But going through it, the artist still has somewhat to improve, especially the panelling.
It's also amazing how Gosho Aoyama can come up with so many character design for Detective Conan.
Also liked Medaka Box' artstyle.

Didn't want to list too many, guess I kinda failed at that.

Junji Ito
He's got the humor, the horror, the art to back both up, and some intangible form of cool only a 53 year old Japanese family man can have.