Is there a rule of "priority to the right" (or left) in the traffic in your country...

Is there a rule of "priority to the right" (or left) in the traffic in your country? How much do people understand it or care about it? Here in Sweden this rule exists but many people are too stupid to understand and apply it or they don't care about it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priority_to_the_right
>Priority to the right is a right-of-way system, in which the driver of a vehicle is required to give way to vehicles approaching from the right at intersections.

This rule applies for intersections that lack signs or lights.

Other urls found in this thread:

vacode.org/2016/46.2/III/8/7/46.2-863/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nibba it's always give way to the right. Also not Sup Forums related. Sage

Not politics.
But for the sake of the argument, yes there is such a rule here no people do not adhere to it.

trucks of peace have right of way, even on footpaths in europe you silly twat.

>Not politics.

what if its a poc or jew, do you yield then?

sweden does

That's retarded

If you're incorporating to a bigger road from right or left you wait your turn to get in and let the cars pass first

Also is a retarded system because very often its difficult to tell which road is bigger. It should always be: give way to right, unless otherwise indicated by signage or lights.

>bigger road
That's a stupid system. You can't possibly have time to evaluate which road is bigger in every possible scenario. Most people apparently just assume the road they themselves are driving on is bigger and more important most of the time.

>I don't drive
caught the pedcuck

In feminist Sweden don't you always have to give way to women regardless of direction?

the fuck is a pedcuck?

This country understands " right of way" about as well as American millenials understand basic economics.

We has this yesterday.

yeah, we have that rule and we follow it

pedestrian + cuck, like you.
get a license, get gud.

Somewhat true for us for four-way stops. Typically, each entry has a stop sign, with a second little ALL WAY sign underneath. Cars enter in the order they arrive at the intersection. If two cars arrive simultaneously, the one on the right goes first.

The only case that car 1 would not have the right of way would be it if was on a stop sign or light. It would never have a yield sign.
Only if the road car 3 was on was much larger than the other road would 3 ever have a right of way.

The only priority is at 4 ways stops. Which is that the vehicle to your right if any has priority.

OP is retarded. The bottom road clearly ends. Right of way goes to the drivers on the contiguous roadway. Car 3 should wait to merge.

I've never seen an intersection like this without a yield sign

as everyone is so clever here, tell me who will go first in pic related? everybody has a car to their right and they all arived in same time. No lights or signs.

It's yield to continuing road if your road is terminating.
Then It's yield to the first vehicle arrived at intersection.
Finally, if two or more vehicles arrive at same time, then it's yield to the right.

In your example both 1 and 2 have priority and can continue at will, 3 must yield and wait until it is safe to enter the roadway.

They crash into each other to resolve the conundrum.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday, with two cars coming in opposite directions, me being one of them. We were both turning left. Not sure what I should have done, but I just drove on as he seemed to be standing still waiting.

Multitrack drifting you faggot

That there is called a Canadian standoff.

It's called a roundabout you retard.
If such a intersection exists without give way signs to indicate who has right of way you should complain to your local administrator

Did your identical thread yesterday not satisfy your needs?

Learn the definition of identical, dumbass.

What fucking kind of retarded psyop is this?
In OP's pic related, the turning vehicle does not and should not have the right of way, because it has to negotiate a turn. This is completely retarded. sage

wow you europoors have the dumbest road rules around.

I just accelerate as fast as possible and cross my fingers usually, had a few close calls and one hit ans run but it usually works fine

>It's called a roundabout you retard.

yes roundabout solves this issue but in my example it is a normal intersection and these do exists. Most have ligts or signs and would be rare that this situation would occur but its possible.

So far no correct answer, just whining

did your exact same thread yesterday not satisfy your swedish needs?

>We were both turning left.
in your case both cars could go at same time... they gave you driving license? :]

>So far no correct answer, just whining

we have those and we call them four-way stop, and there is no correct answer to your question involving four cars getting there at the same time. I suppose the intelligent thing is to proceed very slowly and stop if anyone else is doing the same thing.

>had a few close calls and one hit ans run but it usually works fine

this is a rarity. a leaf who is actually funny.

Sounds like your countries entire immigration policy summed up to be quite honest

well I asked my driving instructor about this, and it seems that the correct answer is that the drivers must agree with each other and let one pass, so you are kinda correct.

thats retarded. hes merging with traffic, he doesnt have the right to anything but to wait his fucking turn.

stop posting retard swede shit.

People understand it just fine and they follow it if they live where these kind of roads are common. The problem is that the government put up over-ruling signs, lights and roundabouts everywhere, so when people have to think about the rules for a change they often choke.

It sounds like they just have uncontrolled intersections everywhere which is fucking weird as hell, we have stop signs in parking lots

It's here, but the vast majority of intersections have priority sorted with signs. In rare occasions whene there are none, many people don't know how to behave

If that diagram is true it's retarded. Whoever has to cede space should have the right of way. Number 3 car's road has ended. Number 1 car should continue traveling and 3 should wait.

says the americrash

How does pajeet know but Swede does not? Poo streets look like mad Max dystopia.

Courtesy, implying they all arrived at the same time

Whoever has bigger balls

your nation no longer exists, so why the drama?

Yes I have a driver's licence, but I got it 15 years ago and I only bought my first car like a little over half a year ago.

I see what you mean by going at the same time. But I don't think that would work in the situation I was in. It didn't look exactly like in the picture. More like pic related.

Both go at the same time and pass behind each other

not in this case, bottom car is turning onto a new road, so any car already on that road has right of way

If you're in the very obvious vertical part of the T intersection your ass is stopping.

Going Straight= always right of way
Going Right= Yield
Going Left= Yield

I assume OP means at a stop sign but rules for light is about the same except Left and straight can only turn on green while right still just yields

For pic related, car going north has right of way, followed by car going West, followed by East.

The Westbound car is technically going straight through that intersection so it has right of way over Eastbound which is trying to turn.

Both cars should enter the intersection at the same time, with Eastbound turning into new road after Westbound is.clear.

Actually, the bottom right car shouldn't be all the way to the right side like that, my mistake. If anything it should be all the way to the left side, because along the right side were parked cars. Just to clarify, his lane is one way, the lane I'm turning into is also one way, and then there's a grass area dividing them.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when two cars are opposite at a four way stop with one turning across the other. Idiots will wait until the car with right of way is completely through the intersection to begin. This is NOT CORRECT. Both cars should proceed into the intersection at the same time, with the turning car waiting until straight car has passed to begin the turn.

Your picture was clear that it was a divided highway. It doesn't matter where the north bound car is on the road, he has right of way.

Car going straight with no signs telling him to stop always has priority. If you're turning, you yield.

Maybe you are right about westbound being considered to be going straight in that situation, and therefore eastbound should yield to him. However, northbound should yield to westbound according to the law in my country, maybe not in yours.

I guarantee you are wrong. You will kill someone.

Also, in my country when a car is turning like that through the projected path of a car going straight, the reason the car turning has to yield is not that he's turning, but that in the point where their paths cross, right priority is applied.

Wrong about what? Read the fucking wiki page in the OP. That rule might not exist in your country but it exists here.

Moved here from the UK. Spent ages shouting at people pulling out on me from the right before I found out. Foreign drivers and cyclists go flying left right and centre here. Germans always observe this fuckwitted rule, and can't conceive of a world without it, or anyone not knowing people can pull out on someone if they're on the left and you are IN A FUCKING SIDE ROAD.. I get annoyed just thinking about it.

oh i see indeed you cannot go both in same time, well from this you should go first if no signs or lights are there. then dude on the bttom then dude in middle turning left

>IN A FUCKING SIDE ROAD
Not sure what you mean. The other road is always a side road from your own perspective. Do you mean as in a 3-way intersection? Also, people wave their fists at me when I apply this rule, one nigger did it recently. I know she was the one breaking the law. Happens all the time with people with fucking expensive BMWs and shit, and there I'm driving my '97 VW and I'm the one that has brains enough to know the rules apparently.

in the US we only yield to the right at 4 or 3 way stop sign. in every other circumstance the merging car must yield the right of way to the car already on a road or lane. if you made a right turn like your picture suggests in the US you would be committing a moving violation for failure to yield the right of way.
vacode.org/2016/46.2/III/8/7/46.2-863/

in the US we signal to each other who goes first, or we simply wait until the most eager person goes first, and it goes from there. the whole process extends the stop time about 5 seconds. it seems difficult when on paper but it's really not that bad IRL

Right priority, everybody respect the rule except women and shitskins because indeed they are too stupid.

That wiki applies to intersections of equal priority roads. Your picture is of a minor road running across a divided highway. The highway obviously has priority over the cross street and anyone that thinks otherwise is.a fucking moron.

You mean yielding to merging oncoming traffic? Yeah. Its called not being a shitty driver.

Fuck your gay slide thread.

Mods destroy this garbage already. Sage

If the turning car does not have a stop sign then that is a very shit and stupid design.
Any road like that in burgerland the turning green car would have a stop sign or at least a yield sign. Therefore the yield to the right would not apply.
Also most people are to stupid or uncaring to follow the rule when it applies here.

Top green is fine, red should keep going forward, turning green should stop.

I can only think of two places where the person turning onto a new direction has the right of way near me and both of them are rural back roads meeting up with major roads.

What kind of backwards fucking system is that where I can be driving along at 70 mph and have to stop because some retard can't wait 3 seconds for me to pass.

No, it's not a highway. It's an inner city street, 40 km/h speed limit, same speed limit as the side streets. It just has a grass area with trees in the middle of it.

>soory you go
>soory bud you first
>no I think he had it over there
>soory I wasn't really paying attention you go

idk about this shit, but I swear to god the next time someone honks at me and tailgates when it's raining and I slow down a bit to avoid hydroplaning, I'm throwing my coffee at their retarded ass.

Yeah. In countries outside mainland western Europe, the rule is simple: Minor road (side road) gives way to major road. A major road carries on, a side (minor) road ends. There are lines on the junction making it pretty foolproof in nearly every case. We do not have a "Spiegelei" (those stupid fucking yellow diamonds) we just have major roads an minor roads, less accidents and a ton of saved aluminium.
Interestingly, the rule of the road in the UK (I was a motorcycling instructor there) is "Give way to traffic on the right" and we drive on the left, so it's completely inverted, and your system is utterly alien.
Many people have been splatted because of a lack of awareness of radically different systems, like it or not.

In america 1&2 wouldnt eually be in the right of way since they are in their lane and not turning. #3 has to tield to #1. and if #3 had been turning left he would have to yield to both 1 & 2.

i am not sure i understand? if it different in other countries? i mean i realize some drive on the left but i assume the actual rules arent that different.

We have a triangle to indicate you should concede in these intersections and incorporations to bigger roads.

You literally should not stop to the car that wants to incorporate on your right, otherwise according to our rules you are fucking up

This fucking thread again?

>get a license
only cucks drive needs a licence to drive

Somebody will always try to go first because humans actually are not that dumb and realize someone has to make a move.

We have it. Never heard of anyone not understanding it and people follow the rule pretty much always. Some other rules are not followed at all though, like letting pedestrians pass the street. Another rule which many people don't care about is stopping before crosswalk if another car is stopped before it, and it leads to pedestrians being ran over quite often.

>is it different in other countries?
Yeah, with no signs or lights #1 has to yield to #3 as indicated in the picture, because #3 is coming from #1's right side. You're not alone in being unaware of this rule. When I follow the rule niggers shout and wave their fists at me. Regardless I like to go really close with my car even if they don't show signs of slowing down and then honk my horn at them if they don't stop. Also, yesterday I was behind a car that had right of way, and the car from the left even stopped, which is rare, and STILL the motherfucker didn't drive. I honked my horn at him.

This
Europe confirmed retarded.

Fuck off with your pasta slide thread.

do you guys not have double-dash lines or equivalent to notify you you need to give way at a junction?

In this case red would yield to either blue or green as they're on the minor road

Right of way goes to continuous road since car3 road ends. If you expect car 1 to stop you're retarded. Car1 can be assumed to go faster in a straight path , then Car3 that has to slow to turn. If no road signs , you think best judgement for car 3 is it to assume no cars coming from the left and speed into a right turn merge?

Typical euro-cuck move fast moving vehicle has to slam on breaks to make it fair for the slow moving vehicle.