Did you like it?

Persona thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31e8408ieTU
youtube.com/watch?v=63O7X2jeWFM
personacentral.com/persona-5-details-random-mementos-dungeons-persona-fusion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's was a pretty good movie.

I was expecting a P3-2 movie teaser actually.

Part 2 bored mo so much, I forget there were more of these.

This last one is very good.
In my opinion the first and this one are the best of the bunch.

it was good but man the first 3 are real dire. all the good shit in p3 is so backloaded but even still, those first 3 were kinda just bad adaptations.

Part 1 and 2 were pretty nice

Part 3 was rushed as living hell due to constant mood whiplashes, especially with Junpei

Part 4 was S-tier

I liked them. I think they work really well as adaptations. The biggest drawbacks are, obviously, the lack of screentime for secondary characters and rather underwhelming fight scenes. I mean seriously, they somehow made invokers feel and sound very weak. In the game everytime you summon a Persona you could feel that super satisfying break sound. In the movies they sounded like water pistols. The battle against Nyx was fucking awesome though.

Overall 7-8/10. 10/10 for movie remixes of the OST.

It was solid, Winter of Rebirth was 10/10

Winter of Rebirth> Spring of Birth> Midsummer knight's dream> falling down

They did an amazing job with the ending.

That tease after the credits with Elizabeth leaving the Velvet Room was nice too.

Is Theo canon? FeMC isn't but that doesn't mean Theo doesn't exist somewhere and Igor, Liz, and Marge just make him sweep the floors.

Theo is canon, the guy was in PQ and Margaret mentioned him in P4 if I remember correctly.

Theo is canon, he shows up in P4 Arena 2 looking for Elizabeth.

I only watched the first movie, but I enjoy af, now I see this thread I want to play persona 3 again

I really do too. And I might even challenge the Answer again. Better get it done before P5.

Definitely this.

Mitsuru x Akihiko otp

Haven't seen the last one, they were all terrible with the first being the least terrible I think.

The second and third ones are literally just talking heads giving massive exposition dumps with barely anything happening.

The last one is probably the best, sweet scenes and a perfect ending have the first one beat.

Do they use the P3 credits song for the movie?

His struggle to walk up those stairs was really painful to watch.

A remastered one, yeah.
Still sound similar but honestly I like it better.
youtube.com/watch?v=31e8408ieTU

Yeah, they keep Memories of You for the ending, and they used the movie's theme song midway.

Oh boy I'm ready to cry again.

>movie's theme song midway.
While the execution of the story was pretty mediocre, the high point was the music, with each movie getting their own theme and remixing the game's music as opposed to recycling it, they really went ham on it.

Just finished it was really fucking good.

Pacing is so much better

Posted this really fast as thread was about to 404 when I finished it.

It is so much better than 3 and 2 as you actually feel emotional throughout the movie whereas you are going through the motions with the other ones.

Surprised they had Yuki solo Nyx avatar, also everyone except Junpei got their persona upgrade at the last possible moment, instead of a more personal emotional moment.

Other than that, really good adaption all around, I wish part 3 wasn't so rushed.

I would've prefer a full arcana battle with nyx like all 13 some were skipped. Still good though.

Is possible to save Chidori in the game?

it's a linear story iirc except at one stage

You gotta talk to Junpei at school after she dies I'm pretty sure, she's not alive alive, but she isn't dead.

Original game? No.

FES? Yes, she gets revived by the flowers she put her power into, but she lost most of her memories. She also no longer has a persona. She still hooks up with Junpei, and this is apparently canon since Junpei mentions Chidori in the present tense in Arena.

So is P2 next for the anime train?

You have to encourage Junpei to keep going to see her on certain days. There's guides out there

Really? I've only ever played FES, so it's interesting that she stays dead in the original

>instead of a more personal emotional moment.
I didn't mind this as much

They got their emotional scene but no reason to go through all the persona transformations as wel..

I'm excited for the P5 thing, even though the animation looks like shit compared to what we've seen from the game.

What about Portable 3? Is possible to save her in that version?

P3P includes all the added stuff from FES except The Answer.

However, a lot of the stuff they added to P3P on top of that is not canon, like FeMC.

Excellent, now I have another reason to play the game other than waifu Yukari.

This movie had a lot of stunning direction. The animation was alright and they masked a lot of thing with darkness, but I think part of it was because I was watching a really low quality file.
The early party with all the apathy syndrome people was fucking haunting.
I think the only thing I'd change is make the main character stick his finger in Aigis's papillon heart and have him sleep with Elizabeth.

>now I see this thread I want to play persona 3 again
I'm just gunna play The Answer for the third time. It's such a perfect conclusion.
Maybe they should have shown Yuki closing his eyes and a hand falling limp off his body or something, since they're obviously going to show The Answer.

It felt rushed as fuck towards the end. CGI Nyx Avatar was shit too. Honestly didn't care for it even if I loved the game.

WHAT you can actually save Chidori?
I'm getting flashbacks to Deus Ex:HR

10/10, honestly. Got me teared up in the middle and end. Fight scenes were good, though they were a bit too short. Final battle was GOAT

I know this isn't Sup Forums but that board has a lack of waifufags like myself.
Who'd you pick first in persona 4?
Who will you pick in persona 5?

If only Atlus remembers that Persona didn't start on 3.

spinoffs were mistakes

except Labrys

The overall direction was great. Most characters were pretty meh (particularly Yukari, Mitsuru, and Fuuka). Yuki, Aigis, and Akihiko were great, though.

A little thing that bothered me was that they changed The Battle for Everyone's Soul and the final battle version of Burn My Dread.

>persona 4
Naoto.
>persona 5
Probably Futaba.

Part one was okay-ish. Part two was almost unwatchable. Stopped caring after that.

>congratulations, Shinji

If it's not a dating sim, modern Atlus doesn't care.

The last movie was kino

That last movie was 10/10. I was a tad worried after the 3rd movie becuase it felt rushed.
Also Aigis is cutest.

It's already finished?

Ya some people are saying that there might be The Answers for some reason maybe the last slot in the movie set case.
Do you like Yukari or something?

>the answer movie

No.

I want to fuck Yukari.
I also want to make tender love to the movie version of Burn My Dread. youtube.com/watch?v=63O7X2jeWFM

Metis is cute a least, but I don't how it would work with the MC showing no signs of affection for Yuakri in the Movie whats so ever.
They could do it, but she would just like sort of crazy and even more of bitch then she originally looks in it.

FeMC OVA when?

It was really good, but the ending didn't have the same emotional impact on me as the game did.
But fuck my little bitch heart, I still teared up a bit.

>That tease after the credits with Elizabeth leaving the Velvet Room was nice too.
What was the point? The movies never gave them much time together and only someone who played the game would know the reason she left while others would be confused.

>I just noticed MC isn't in this image
Fuck

I think you need a new set of eyes.

P4 Arena 1 was great, and while P4 Arena 2 dropped the ball, the P3 side of it with Labrys being the main character somewhat saves it.

>the P3 side of it with Labrys being the main character somewhat saves it.
please kill yourself

Fucking movies shipping the best girl to Akihiko. That made my rustle to much.

More forced than anything. Zero interest in her in the games so him suddenly being attracted is just as out of place as Reapers appearance at the end.

Should have included that part with chidori.

>implying they weren't shipping aki with shinji
He was even gayer for him then he was in the game.

>Reapers appearance at the end.
That craked me up
>Reaper appears
>Oh no Yuki is fucked!
>Elizabeth:lel megidolaon for everyone
>mfw

So now that all the movies are out, is it worth watching through them?

Sounds like the middle two movies are pretty bad.

Nope

Unless you're a P3babby, no. Ultimately they're not very fun to watch and look like shit.

Is there a ddl?

500000 times better than P4

Also very hype for P5

>500000 times better than P4

>played Persona 3 over 4 times

Should I watch the movies? It might help calm the urge to play it one more time.

>Liking P4 side with shitty Yu Narukami/Adachi team-up at the end

You kill yourself first, my friend.

You're pathetic

its true though, the P4 anime is utter trash

It's not. the P3 anime is utter trash

Hell to the fuck no. The P4 anime was fun as fuck the P3 movies are boring as shit an are worse adaptations.
>Liking the P3 side in which you can see how much more boring and unremarkable they are in comparison

Why are you still here?

>Surprised they had Yuki solo Nyx avatar
He didn't want a charmed Yukari to Diarahan Nyx.

not Sup Forums related but hey the topic is persona
personacentral.com/persona-5-details-random-mementos-dungeons-persona-fusion/

God I'm so fucking hyped and there's still so many months before I can play it.

What ever you say.

Now I know for a fact that you're not gonna use the QUALITY argument right?

The game was great when I was 16.

Now that I'm 26, it's kind of hard to look at a story about teenagers having a rough time and feel any connection to it.

First three movies made me feel that way but movie 4 was such well done that it was easy to connect to it.

Sure it did P3babby

Yes, the ending was great, and can't wait for the Answer movie.

>sacrificing personas to an electric chair
>fusion is done with a fucking guillotine

Whatever makes you feel better user.

After clusterfuck of 2nd and 3nd movies - it was surprisingly good. Backgrounds are AOTY material.

What is going on with this fucker?

I liked 2, but 3 was like eh.

P3 had some nice stuff though and P4 was literally 100% QUALITY all of the time. I like P4 user, but the anime was a lazy joke.

>P4 was literally 100% QUALITY all of the time
Uh-huh. Sure P3 Babby