Mad Dog Mattis carries this with him Sup Forums

Mad Dog Mattis carries this with him Sup Forums.
Have any of y'all read it?
Is it worth reading?

It's not a book you read cover to cover, it was his personal mental exercises for meditating on each morning, you kind of dip into it regularly.

But yes, it's essential reading for any man

Absolutely based.
Wisdom for the soul.
I'm about to buy this book myself, hate reading in PDF.

It’s overrated meme book with blinding flashes of the obvious.

It's only obvious because our whole culture is built on ancient greek thinking. Unfortunately (((post-modernists))) want to kill this and plunge us into barbarism.

fuck me, I know MA was roman, same thing

You bought it retard, might as well read it now

I wanted a discussion...

I would agree with this user.

Just don't use it as toilet paper before finishing

Absolutely enlightening and life-changing. Highly recommend this translation over the others

POO IN LOOLOOLOO

>(((post-modernists)))
>jordan memerson

It's okay, it's worth reading
You can through its a short book

Thats the version i have, its brilliant

>he thinks JP invented the term post-modern

kys

Good book for dipping into like another user said. Look more into the other stoics, Epictetus has had some of his teachings recorded too. A simple and watered down version is in the book Art of Happiness, pretty interesting bits in there.

Seneca wrote out the ass, and he has tons of material there are more philiosopic in nature, his teachings are an imteresting read too.

Go fuck your sister Earl.

Thanks for the recs.

Poo in western loo

It's a good book that permanently changed my outlook on some things. Just remember that some parts may seem a bit cryptic but that's because Marcus is rambling to himself. A lot of people fail to realise it's literally a dude's diary.

The book is rather blackpilled.

Forgot to mention the book Inner Citadel is a gokd and in depth look on Stoicicism, can be dry, but it really goes into great deal on tons of stuff. Worth the read.

If you have a faith, stoicism still works for you. Unlike other mental masturbation philosphies, stoicism is a way to live. I think Aurelius said something to the effect of stop thinking about how to be a good man and BE one.

This is also great

Then I will say I didn't find that book to be the "life changing experience" like some people call it. To me it was just sound advices (that I was already following anyway) but not much more, sometimes his talk about death sounded like a cope out as Marcus Aurelius seemed really obsessed by it regardless.

I rank it among the meme books like Sun Tzu's Art of War, interesting to read but that's it.

Drumpf carries this book

It's easy to wax lyrical about denying material comforts and not worrying about the little things too much when you're a literal god emperor.

Amerifarts are always one step head in finding designated place to shit.

Mad Cuck Mattis is a homo

Yep

That makes it more incredible. The guy could have had whores all day and as much wine and food as he wanted.

I think I did not really get the point of the book.
When everything will die eventually and I should not care, why should I do anything to keep existing at all?
Isn't life and the struggle pointless if I constantly remind myself that everything loses its value over time?

You can read it but also remember to write your thoughts down every day.

>Sun Tzu's Art of War
Speaking of which...

I've read this too.
Some of it is good, there is a lot of loser mentality in there too.
I remember him advocating for dressing like shit and trading your car for a bike because "lol who cares what others think of you".

You must accept refugees white women love melanin filled black dick

Yes, it is funny that Mad Cuck Mattis, the loser American general who is bad at his job and has never won a war, reads a book of a dying empire. Very funny.

They teach that you live in acvordance to Nature and virtue is the only good. If yiu live your life in accordance to Mature, thats where happiness(in an inner peace way) comes from. As opposed to being a hedonist

Well it's a short read anyway, the books on the side are way more interesting

Idk about dressing like shit, but most Americans would benefit from biking instead of driving their fat lazy asses everywhere.

Stoicism is gay. It is basically the ancient version of SJWs. They believed everyone was equal and wanted to free the slaves and end Roman privilege.

Parent's gave me some Diwali money.
I splurged on some Sup Forums books instead of saving it.

Whats the hitler one?

Aren't "blinding flashes of the obvious" what all knowledge boils down to?

Mein Kampf(Annotated for historical references)

It made me feel ok with my eventual death someday much more so than the bible and helped me enjoy things in life a little better.

what's diwali money

It's good to be aware that you will die, makes you appreciate life more. Makes you less fearful in the face of the inevitable.

they're legal in india?
sorry if its a stupid question we're pretty cucked over here

Egalitarian in a sense we are all part of Nature. They were kinda Sjw towards women, Ill agree. But its not like a turn the other cheek and bend over and take it up the ass by refugees. Epicureanism would have been like that.
Aurelius was a war fighting emperor. Part of human nature is humans of differemt groups. Sure treat them with respect, but be real amd admit that Huns or Egyptians had no place in Roman society if they couldnt adapt.

Ulysses isn't a Sup Forums book, war and peace probably isn't either as it shits on the hero myth
Those are just great books, nothing related with politics

>I AM THANKFUL FOR MY MOMMY
>I AM THANKFUL FOR MY DADDY
>I AM THANKFUL FOR MY FRIENDOS

pass

Diwali is a Indian festival.
They gave me money for new clothes but I didn't want any so I bought something more fulfilling.

It's OK, he did write it in Greek and Stoicism was originally a Greek philosophy.

Highly recommend it, Stoics are Patrician tier. Seneca and Epictetus are also good reads.

If you have the Giles translation it sucks.
Get a good translation.

nice carpet bro

Wow, Nice stack you fucking pretentious loser

that's admirable

Yeah they don't care about racism as much they do about casteism.

(You)

>I CAN READ, GOTTA LET EVERYBODY ON THE INTERNET KNOW WHAT A GOOD READER I AM

Haha you noticed senpai :^)

I am thankful for shitty Indian posters because they make me feel better about myself.

Someone didn't get his diwali money

I agree on both books. It's not going to shake you to the core unless you're super blue pilled, but it's sound advice.

>Mad Dog Mattis
I think he's stupid, not because of the book but because of the dumb speeches he gives, such obtuse and awkward speeches from his level of power.

>But its not like a turn the other cheek and bend over and take it up the ass by refugees.
Yes it is. They were the ones agitating to extend full citizenship to everyone. That is why modern progressives love stoics so much.

I’ve heard this is a classic, my daddy keeps a copy with him

He’s pure PR machine. He mumbled a few things about killing the enemy and suddenly he’s the reincarnation of Patton. He doesn’t speak often in public so his image remains intact.

This is the grossest oversimplification of Stoicism I've heard, did you even read the book?
Personally don't like that translation, it's good for normies or kids in High School I guess.

Really good book but you have to will that kind of lifestyle. You don't get handed it.

How's it feel being one of the shittiest races?

I think its the same way theyre trying to claw in Christianity now too.

Yes. Stoicism set the stage for christcuckoldry, but it's even gayer. It is egalitarian nihilistic garbage from a dying culture. Basically analogous to left wing philosophy today.

OPEN BOB AND VAGENE

art of war isn't a meme.it's only a meme if you think winning is a meme. art of war is a book on how to win.

Reading it right now to help me through a tough time. It is wonderful

It's really not that nihilistic though. The memento mori stuff is there to make sure you don't squander your days away. It's there to remind you that we all die, so you should make good use of your time.

#literallyretarded

>Stoicism is the same as nihilism and postmodernism

You clearly didn't understand whatever Stoic works you've read, but I'm starting to assume you never read primary sources.

I wouldn't know leaf. You tell me.

The book was revolutionnary for its era but most of its contents were developped by so many books, stories or whatever over centuries that you probably knew its content before reading it even if you weren't aware of that inner knowledge
Pretty much a meme book now

Dude I'm burnt out on video games and movies.
These I'm just starting with.

Yes, but for them "good use of time" means freeing slaves and getting equal rights for women. They were gay.

nice prescription strength immodium

>this knowledge is shit because it's stuff that obviously works

k

Are you upset because the Romans never felt like conquering your turd of a country and bringing the light of culture to your poo streets?

I'm not immune to the toxic wastes user.

What publisher is all those golden books?

Yeah, you're an idiot. I guess pretending to be educated gets your dick hard.

>I waste my time reading obvious shit because other people do it.

Maple Press.They're Indian.

You are a fucking idiot.

His entire moral value system is entirely divorced from modernities.

Fresh pack of STACKER2s to get that learn on.

Not really. They understood that people have roles to play in life and it was no use in advocating for major change. If you were a slave, so be it. If you were a cripple, so be it, etc. The point was that we are all the same in the sense we all have rationality as humans. You make the best of your lot. The just advocated for respect, but that did not mean they were SJWs.

I agree though, just as leftist have realized they can hijack christianity, i am sure there are feminists and other whackos who feel inspired by stocism.

Was stoicism not egalitarian? Was it not the Roman version of left wing sjws? This is all common knowledge dude.

Top kek, so did he and Seneca actual walk the walk, or just larp in the slums once a year?

This is such an unsettling image.

If you are into Stoic philosophy yes.
Its pretty much western Buddhism.