'Africans cannot farm'

sorry Sup Forums but you're showing your ignorance of the world again. Africans can farm - but have you ever tried to farm when there is the Tsetse fly?

INB4 Zimbabwe. Tsetse flies do not inhabit this region

Tsetse flies, through the cyclical transmission of trypanosomiasis to both humans and their animals, greatly influence food production, natural-resource utilization and the pattern of human settlement throughout much of sub-Saharan Africa. It is estimated that the annual direct production losses in cattle alone amount to between US$6 000 million and $12 000 million, while animal deaths may reach 3 million.

Tsetse-transmitted trypanosomiasis is unique in that it has considerable impact over a vast area of some 9 million km2, where it so profoundly influences and distorts the patterns and density of agriculture that they are often contrary to the demand and the resource potential.

>"There's nothing that has made its mark on this continent as much as tsetse fly, tt's so subtle and invisible, and doesn't get in the news. But this is the reason why crop and livestock production are separate here.

>"You can imagine what it has meant for the continent that you have to walk everywhere on foot, and that all farm work has to be done by hand."

>"There's nothing that has made its mark on this continent as much as tsetse fly," said Mr Kabayo. "It's so subtle and invisible, and doesn't get in the news. But this is the reason why crop and livestock production are separate here.

>"You can imagine what it has meant for the continent that you have to walk everywhere on foot, and that all farm work has to be done by hand."

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com/news/world/2010/07/24/zimbabwe_from_breadbasket_to_basket_case.html
iaea.org/newscenter/pressreleases/campaign-launched-eliminate-tsetse-fly
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_measures_during_the_construction_of_the_Panama_Canal
fao.org/wairdocs/ilri/x5462e/x5462e0e.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Ethnic groups inhabiting TseTse-suitable areas were less likely to use domesticated animals and the plow, less likely to be politically centralized, and had a lower population density. These correlations are not found in the tropics outside of Africa, where the fly does not exist. The evidence suggests current economic performance is affected by the TseTse through the channel of precolonial political centralization.

HURR DURR NIGGERS CANT FARM HAHAHAHA LOL WHY ARE THEY SO STUPID

Now, imagine trying to farm in a place where one bite from this fly could literally kill you - and any attempts at agriculture, mixed agriculture or any form of this on a large scale literally invites more and more of the flies to prey on you, your people and your livestock.

>Mr. John Kabayo, who heads the Addis Ababa coordination office of the Pan-African Tsetse and Trypanosomiasis Eradication Campaign (PATTEC), says that the most challenging problem facing Africa remains rural poverty, which is intrinsically linked to food insecurity. "If you look at this disease," he told Africa Recovery, "you see that nothing has been more significant in the way it shaped the continent of Africa. It is because of tsetse that there are few horses in Africa, that we get a separation of crop and animal production, that there is no mixed farming."

>Can't have horses because flies instantly kill them
>Cattle are killed by the flies.

How does your civilisation advance if all forms of large livestock are killed by Tsetse flies?

Would Europe have advanced if it had no cows, horses or sheep? I don't think so.

Nobody got any decent arguments against this?
I guess white folk just like to scream about how useless Africans are all the fucking time.

Sup Forums absolutely BTFO.

woah, so you are telling me a single fly defeated all african civilizations?

Well Mr Genius, I guess there must have been a sudden Tsetse-fly epidemic when Niggers took over Chimpbabwe?
I guess Detroit had a Tsetse-fly epidemic of it's own?

>sucked on one too many nigger dicks
>jumps to defence of Africans
>blames it on a fly. an insect.

Poor bait,

Just look at how Europe, in this example Great Britain, transformed vast swathes of African rich arable land into the bread basket of Africa.
thestar.com/news/world/2010/07/24/zimbabwe_from_breadbasket_to_basket_case.html

>a fucking fly!

>Now, imagine trying to farm in a place where one bite from this fly could literally kill you

Please tell me this entire post is a troll. WE DID FARM IN AFRICA YOU STUPID FUCK, we made it the breadbasket of the world and then niggers broke it

In Europe we've dry a lot of thing to make disappear moskitos and shit for avoid epydemies

my side

Things like malaria and other diseases commonly found in Africa used to also be present in big parts of mid and south Italy but they didn't live in huts and starved did they

why dont they just gas all the flies?

>America rebuilds haiti 3 times
>Everytime they leave the niggers start eating each other

Where do you people even come from? Do you think you'll be able to trick us with left wing propaganda? Everywhere they are, anywhere in the world, turns into a complete shithole.

>one black person
>has a farm
>that isnt even big enough to feed a family of three through the drought season

I guess self-hating white folk just like to scream about how useless they are all the fucking time.

>HURR DURR LOOK EHT MEE EH EM SMURT

Your map might explain why central Africa is a shithole. But guess what, bong? South Africa is as well. Let's give Namibia a free pass because it is a desert, and I didn't bring up North Africa due to the Sahara either. We still have a dozen or so countries where your idiot "sciunce, guise!!" does NOT work, i.e. Madacascar, SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, southern Angola, Tanzania, Kenya, Somalia and Eritrea. Now kindly fuck off back to plebbit.

Jared diamond is a liar.
Enough with the shitty slide threads.

how did white settlers in Africa farm successfully then?

White people would invent a bug spray to deal with em

>ill take weevils for $500, Alex

You realize that huge swaths of land outside of the tsetse areas are not just arable, but are highly fertile and capable of unparalleled production, right? We are talking enough farmland to completely cover the continental united states, and enough agricultural output to feed the world.

Tell me again why niggers are victims, please.

>INB4 Zimbabwe. Tsetse flies do not inhabit this region
so why can't the niggers farm the land? The Brits did it pretty well back when they owned it.

Gee, if only there were some sort of way to kill lots of bugs? Hasn't anyone invented a way to eliminate bugs yet?!

>you have to risk your life to survive

good. that's how it should be for everyone.

if only there was some kind of sticky tape and poison you could use... hmmm
really makes you think

Have you ever been to Madagascar?

Huge mountains, huge rain in rainy season, high temperatures in dry, the place is fucking awful. Like the worst of florida swamps plus the rockies. add in mosquitoes and just don't go there.

largely they didn't. They had very low productivity in comparison to european farms.

Yes, Africa is the only continent on the planet with ravenous bugs that prevent farming either via crop-eating or spreading of disease. In fact, every other nation couldn't handle it, they'd never be able to comprehend the idea of insects ingesting their crops or infecting their livestock.

Aztecs and Mayans accomplished more than Africans in affected areas.

Even sub-saharan Africa without the tse tse fly didn't develop any more than the Africa with tse tse fly.

Seriously, any apologist for African shittiness gets btfo so fast by mesoamerican societies.

>meanwhile in Zimbabwe

>hurr, correlation=causation, durr
Yeah lets just blame it on TseTse and lets pretend the rest of the world including tropical areas like SEA and South america never managed to deal with mosquitoes and flies.

America never rebuilt Haiti but you are trying to steal the gold in the north with the help of Hillary

In, you know, 6,000 years on that continent, did they ever into agriculture? They have badass striped horses. Massive landwhale monsters. Super cats.
Not a one of them has been used to do anything.
They even have prehistoric people running around with hands and they don't even do anything but throw poop at them.
No zebra chariots or hippo plows or monkey miners or lion battalions.

Kind of weird, ain't it?

Someone needs to set up a gofundme for these flies.

>zebra chariots
>hippo plows
That sounds actually pretty fucking amazing

>tfw its about to turn into a WE WUZ thread

save /ourflies/

How is that monkey still running Zimbabwe ?

Pretty much

If flies were the only thing holding the whole continent back, then that doesnt explain why as soon as europeans came they made large breadbaskets out of barren areas.

More racism/virtue signalling of/through lowered expectations though.

6,000 years on a continent and THIS is the solution they have derived for the fly problem.

Someone post that image of the peace corps user describing how small farms don't matter because the families of that farmer keep him small by taking his profits.

Unironically I agree perfectly

Sources cited: None

((White)) brit BTFO

iaea.org/newscenter/pressreleases/campaign-launched-eliminate-tsetse-fly

Wrong.

a fly is all it takes to stop niggers to become civilized

Hey buddy, just checking in. How's your thread going?

Man if only there was a species of bovine that co-evolved with the tsetse fly so they could have a disease resistant domestic animal.

Ah yes, Africa! A continent so lazy it cannot even make up its own excuses.

Sweet, now they'll be out of their ace-in-the-hole excuse as their continent continues to stay in the dark ages.

The Hwhite Man colonized and thrived in the environment of Australia, where every single little fucking thing is out to kill you.

Niggers, get gud.

sage

britbong loving niggers, not a surprise

the map clearly shows the tsetse fly doesn't cover all of africa, so how come other africans not infected by the tse tse fly can't farm either?

niggers are just mentally defect, tsetse fly or not

actually got me to look up this bullshit and whaddya know

Well no shit, it's still a god damn fly like any other. The fact that these niggas had 5000 years to invent Raid and haven't is their own problem.

>claimed to be Egyptians
>claimed to be the reason the US ever prospered
>claimed to be both Shakespeare and his mentor
>claimed to be the original Britons
>claimed to build the pyramids by sla--open labor that was diverse
>claimed to have rich culture white people couldn't hope to match
>claimed that they would be in a living utopia
>a heaven on earth
>an everlasting empire
>except for a single breed of fly
>"white people are the problem" for good measure

Yes, we did. Many times. I'm not talking about the last Earth Quake obviously. If an Earth Quake caused everything to break then I wouldn't have a point.

A fucking RAT killed 1/3rd of you Albinoids and you dare make this joke?

And we recovered. And was a flea, not a rat directly.

>Human African trypanosomiasis, also called sleeping sickness, is caused by trypanosomes of the species Trypanosoma brucei. This disease is invariably fatal unless treated but can almost always be cured with current medicines, if the disease is diagnosed early enough.
Sleeping sickness begins with a tsetse bite leading to an inoculation in the subcutaneous tissue. The infection moves into the lymphatic system, leading to a characteristic swelling of the lymph glands called Winterbottom's sign. The infection progresses into the blood stream and eventually crosses into the central nervous system and invades the brain leading to extreme lethargy and eventually to death.

>be bitten by stray fly.
>die

>incredibly detailed slide thread
>presents argument no one gives a flying fuck about.

Sage
In
All
Fields

TOP KEK

Hahahahaha How The Fuck Is Dying By A Fly Real Hahahahaha Nigga Just Get Some Bug Spray Like Nigga Just Get Some Raid Haha

Yeah, we never figured out the problem, nor did we ever fully recover after that incident.

>meme flag
>doesn't know how to sage.

Looks like you need to go down the hall and to the left to Reddit, my friend.

You have to go back.

the Panama Canal wasn‘t easy either, but en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_measures_during_the_construction_of_the_Panama_Canal
>pic related

oh, the area affected by tse tse is larger? well, then ctrl whats possible, leave whats not.

>200 million
The population of Europe was not that high at the time.

>Rat
It was a flea dindu retard

>Be in Yurop
>get outside
>very cold
>die
Boox nibba whiteys can't into agriculture.
Weak excuses try to grow something in frozen marsh.

So they're actually making an effort to get rid of the flies? Good, I hope they do but it doesn't detract from the point that they've known it's been a problem for so long and haven't done much about it.

muh flies

It's hard to farm in desert and jungle. It's doable, but the main reason some Africans are migratory livestock tribal bands are mainly the fact that the Sahara is a moving desert, and the "Goldie-Locks" band that straddles the jungle and Sahara also moves. Its pretty much the same reason people didn't farm on the Atacama Desert, because of its a desert.

Noticing Egypt, a great civilization found root there because of their close proximity to water, and thus a sustainable crop. Go too far out of Egypt and it turns into a sandy-hell or some other civilization. A sandy hell that swallows up most of the United States.

Now does that excuse all of the proxy governments, fuck no its fucked in Africa. You got crazy diamond barons and Muslims up the ass. Its a giant, harsh continent. A large portion of it isn't made for human life. It's like an alien planet.

bwahahahahahahahaha OP BTFO

Still waiting for OP to make any counterargument whatsoever.

So are they just really resistant to pesticides or what?
It's a fuckin fly.

AFRICA BTFO FOR ALL TIME

Ok. Now try explaining why the poorest and war-devastated countries are outside Tsetse fly

>Mali
>Niger
>Somalia
>Ethiopia
>Fucking South Sudan

Note how these are also the least colonized (isolated backwaters) or never colonized countries (Ethiopia, not counting the brief Italian occupation).

The most complete experience of indigenous African civilization are Rwanda and Burundi with their two-caste system and complex dynasty system.
These are also located in highlands outside of the Tsetse fly distribution area unlike shown on your shitty map.
What are Burundi and Rwanda like ? Absolute shit. Not because of colonialism, not because of some bullshit environmental excuse, but because they can only be shit. Because they are African.

>Every continent has desert.
>Not all of Africa is a desert and sub Sahara Africa is extremely fertile with large portions not even inhabited by the fly.

Your post is a lot of words but you don't say anything.

Zebra and other animals are immune to the organisms in the TseTse fly's bite.

Also, a human can protect themselves by coating themselves in mud, several types of plant resins, animal urine, or just wearing lightly colored clothing.

So, why did they never domesticate the local animals immune to the fly?

>. Its a giant, harsh continent.
If it would, African Americans wouldn't exist

Not just defeated them, because the plague fucked europe and that was just a flea. This fly has apparently defeated them permanently. Their 1 enemy and 1 problem evolving into agriculture apparently has been this 1 species of fly. That's apparently it. And they've been against it for CENTURIES apparently without finding some way around it. A fucking fly. At least with the plague that was an incredibly long time ago and people didn't know what they were up against. This is the 21st century, and the 20th/19th century for that matter, and they know their enemy and don't do a damn thing to stop it.

Notice that what, half?, of Uganda, the very caricature of a Nigger nation is outside of the Tsetse-belt.

No need my negro friend, we harvested enough in summer.

Europe lost 2/3rds of its fucking population to the black plague and the flies and rats that carried it. Do you seriously think flies could stop Europeans from achieving what Europeans do?

No man, you just don't read.

And sub-Saharan Africa is harsh as fuck.
fao.org/wairdocs/ilri/x5462e/x5462e0e.htm

The land is very sensitive and doesn't hold water well. This may sound like I'm making excuses to your meme-sense but its the reality of the country.

wut

>How is that monkey still occupying Rhodesia?

t. obvious North African

This.
As a great Rhodesian shitposter said. A 5 year old white kid is better at farming then 10 blacks.
Imagine a selection of potatoes that grow in African environment I would be a king considering the ability to have 2-3 harvests and not putting some shitty African tier sorgo in my soil

THIS

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE FUCKING FLIES.

That man looks like a pure Atlantid phenotype. I wish I had that look.

People might underestimate the degree to which white people included a very harsh sort of "discipline". Colonial governments didn't care about niggers dying from bugs. They kept the peace and kept working or else.
I don't think it passed along lessons of self-discipline, either.
To establish a more inherently peaceful society in that place... Yea, eliminating the bugs that don't live well with man makes sense.

FLIES ARE SUPERIOR TO NIGGERS

where is the news?

shit sounds like excuses all the way through, will afriniggers tells us that they were immortal and could fly but whitey aparthied them from their godly powers?
a singular species of fly couldnt be worked around, protected against or even killed off... only niggers could make this shit up.

Similar things existed in Europe/Asia, the solution was ditching and similar stuff which prevented them from appearing where it mattered. It's not a valid excuse, there's so much that could be done against this sort of thing but Africans just never manage.

love how op cant handle any type of counter argrument, he just left. How embarassing

>evolution failed us
>bixnood fly
>all their fault
>fuck you whitey
Pottery