Is Sup Forums for or against net neutrality?

Is Sup Forums for or against net neutrality?

I say fuck it and let it all burn, what do you think?

Fuck Net Neutrality. If the biggest corporations in the world support it, then it's not good for the people.

The problem is that the ISPs in the USA are effectively monopolies. If there was real competition then Net Neutrality wouldn't matter because if your ISP blocked sites or slowed down sites you liked you could vote with your dollars and go to a different ISP. In many places there is only one ISP.

Let it burn. Twitter is about to crackdown. Youtube is shittier by the day with retarded e celebs. I say fuck it. Itll just be another tv station in 5 years.

>corporations playing 17D chess
>pretend to support net neutrality because of attitudes likes yours
>in reality net neutrality hurts corporations the most

yeah, fuck it. burn it down. let's see what happens.

If you are against net neutrality you have been successfully subverted by the jews.
t. computer scientist

wrong.

I just want a consequential solution. Either we are free market and no net neutrality, or we agree that this is special infrastructure, in which can we must make Google a utilities company under strict Governmental control

>I say fuck it and let it all burn
Decidedly low-test, user. Fight till the end.

Google doesn't provide an essential service. You can just as well use another search engine. They just have a smart algorithm that gives good results. No one stopping others from making a smart algorithm to provide even better results. Well, except (((patents)))

Exactly. You can just use a faster internet provider and pay more. Same thing. That was my point.

Net neutrality basically means leave it the fuck alone like it always has been and stops them from fucking with it with bullshit extra charges on people. Simple. I'll never understand why people are so stupid to be against that.

I can live without the internet, and personally I'd love to see commies and niggers have their most valuable platforms stripped away from them.

What a stupid fucking question, websites like Sup Forums will be hit the hardest when giving the corporations the monopoly over internet access.

I was completely for a free and unregulated ancap market for the past decade or so. I believed that it will evolve its own mechanisms of self-regulation. That was until I saw firsthand that that's not the case, at all.

The market is FULL of newly-emerged grey areas who neither have the required competition for them to function nor the established consumer mentality to have the consumers regulate the companies by themselves, but also moreover, it will take FAR too much time for the consumers to evolve their own means of regulation and realize what's actually happening behind the scenes, where in some cases like the internet, that's probably not even possible due to how much knowledge it is required by the average clueless joe to possess to realize what's happening and if he's getting jewed or no. In a hypothetical Earth where there are infinite people are infinite businesses competing with eachother and eliminating every single grey area in an instant, yes, a free market would absolutely work. Ours is not such and the current population is neither even CLOSE to being of a desired quantity for something like that to function nor of a high enough intelligence to take the reins of regulation in their own hands. In fact, pulling regulations right now would result into an instant shitfest of a few monopolies completely dominating the world, including governments, because people are too retarded and unorganized to protect themselves from them.

Net Neutrality is one such case, and now that it is about to disappear, you'll start realizing what I'm talking about and how companies will start doing whatever they want with no one being able to stop or choose from alternatives, because there are no alternatives.
>"oh but I'll get slower connection to youtube so what?"
Just wait until you get denied access to Sup Forums by *all* companies on the pretense that its a racist terrorist hotspot, and the Tor nodes with it, see how that free market works out for you then

Yeah the main problem is that there is no "free market" when it comes to ISP in america (and probably other places feel free to share out country bros) where in your specific location you have only 1 or 2 choices and both of them are pretty terrible. Back when there was dial-up you had more because all it basically was was a phone number you were allowed to dial and log into using the standard phone line network everyone had in their house, but we decided for coax and fiber lines to not do the same thing.

>muh isps will charge us more for youtube bandwidth and netflix
>deletes videos for wrongthink

> ITT people who think the internet will be better when you can't access all of it for free
> when you have to prepurchase bandwidth
> when you have to buy a game, then buy ingame currency to compete in game, buy network currency to pay for the bandwidth to download and play the game

You have to be for net neutrality. Without it, Sup Forums would be banned instantly. I like my internet without UK-level thought policing, thanks.

I'm old enough to remember that in the dial-up days while as I said there was more competition you had places like AOL who would measure usage by hours. I remember at most I could only do 2 hours a day

The internet is so important if the government fucks it up, it may realistically lead to mass civil unrest.