Why do you enjoy anime Sup Forums?

Why do you enjoy anime Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GCUKcHKT-KM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't.

I don't

I do

Sup Forums is one reason even though it sounds kinda silly.

Just a collection of people watching a weekly show and discussing it daily is pretty nice.

Fun things are fun.

But why?

I self insert

I do not.

There are cute girls in some of them.

I don't even watch anime anymore. I just follow the characters, plot, and reaction through threads and webms.

Because it's different enough to feel refreshing.

It's my anti-drug

It's a really fun method of storytelling.

2D girls
Colourful drawings
Bonkers plot

You are the worst kind of poster.

how effective would it be to experience anime second-handedly purely through Sup Forums's reaction threads?

Anyone who still enjoys anime hasn't watched enough anime.

Easier to download and watch than western TV shows.

I like cute girls, giant robots, and delicious 2d women.

I dunno, but it has turned out to be more interesting than the actual shows.

This user speaks the truth.

Because of Japanese aesthetics. There are some themes that simply don't show up in western fiction as much (which is both good and bad, I guess) and even if you watch their films some things still work better in animation format.

I very rarely even watch anime anymore. I browse Sup Forums to what's airing and see the common criticisms for it are. Then I argue with other anons using those arguments without even watching it.

It feels like there's more emotion in them than normal television, or even some cartoons.

Plus lolis

And delicious brown

And Christmas Cakes

And Tomboys

And Twintails

And Tsunderes

And Big Fat Cat Tats

And older sisters

And girls with guns

Fuck it I'm just here for the tits, regardless of size.

I don't. Watching anime is something I just do without thinking, like breathing.

the most recent animus no.....
all the actual anime is ecchi, or bad stories or just fucking nonsense
im just seeing the same good shits like Hellsing, Code Geass, Tengen Toppa etc so....
yes i still enjoy animus OP

You just get really really picky.

Cute boys.
Cute girls.
Occasionally you watch one that is enjoyable.

Trolling KanColle threads with WW2 stuff is hilarious. Try it.

>There are some themes that simply don't show up in western fiction as much

Like? Have you read/watched all western fiction out there? I most certainly haven't but I'm asking you.

>loli's
>catgirls
>over the top stuff

Why does anyone enjoy things?

Its ecapism.

This

Not poisoned by feminism like much of western media. So I can enjoy my ecchi and cute feminine anime girls in peace.
Many genres that are completely unexplored by other mediums, such as iyashikei and Mecha.

It's fun coming up with a legitimate point about a series without ever watching it. Popular stuff with general threads like Re:Zero is easy mode though, you can't really do that shit for tryhard things like the animation of a particular scene.

It's more stimulating that western stuff.

And I don't mean sexually.

Idk lol

If another user posts about it, I can. But you are right, I usually just use more general criticisms because those are easy. They take the bait so easily, it kind of cute actually.

You'd enjoy Sup Forums, they are very focused on things they don't like as opposed to what they do like. Sounds just like the board for you!

>Mecha unexplored by other mediums
>Mechwarrior/Mech Commander, End of Tomorrow (I know it's based off of an anime), Pacific Rim, Transformers (I know it became an anime), Planetside (don't know if the 2nd one has mechs or not), etc...

>they are very focused on things they don't like as opposed to what they do like
That sounds exactly like Sup Forums.

I honestly don't know user, I just need a good excuse to keep on watching cute girls doing cute things forever.

>enjoy anime
Thats funny user.

Not the same and those are all garbage. The Japs absolutely nailed the Mecha aesthetic.

what makes anime so unique is that its limited animation style makes production faster and cheaper, allowing for a greater creative output in a series

>I just need an excuse to keep on watching cute girls...

Fair enough.

>allowing for a greater creative output in a series

Pretty much. This is one of the two good things about limited animation. The other is the detailed artwork.

why does Sup Forums hate Sup Forums so much
i always see people accused of being from there. ive been accused of being from there and i havent played video games in years

if there was western limited animation industry as well developed as japans i'd probably not watch the japanese stuff. i dont even like japan after all.

The only thing I hate about limited animation is when they apply it to CGI. This is a decision that is guaranteed to ruin any series.

i dont give a shit about animation unless its REALLY bad so i dont care for CGI.
thats just me though, i understand its important to other people.

because i like anime tiddies

Is it specifically limited animation you're looking for, or is it something else that results from its use?

Engaging dialogue and thought provoking themes.

I play video games all the time but never go on Sup Forums so you could still browse there without playing. We already have people saying they "watch" anime via Sup Forums's reaction

Because no matter how tired I get of anime cliches, they will never be as tiresome as western cliches.

its the creative freedom it allows for.

so
lolis?

>average stories disguised as deep through garbage pseudointellectual dialogue
Pick a better example.

nah
in anime you can just make anything exist cos you just have to draw it
cant have so much freedom with full animation cos its expensive and time consuming meaning your films and shows have to be super popular to make a profit.

It's a meme you dip

I suppose thats why that new star wars movie was so bland,
too much money
couldn't take any sort of risk with the story.

exactly
risks arent as risky when production costs are tiny as you dont need to make as much money for a profit.

yeah but the berserk cg shit still sucks.
I prefer still frames over that

It makes me feel things I can't get out of real life.

like love?

Escapism. It's nice to see something uplifting when the internet makes you hyper-aware of all the horrible things going on in the world.
I've stopped reading news, it is of no benefit anymore to me. Just makes me depressed.

i havent seen berserk
also see ive never disliked an anime solely because of its animation

But there comes a point where there's so much anime being produced that the quality degrades too much for some of them to be worth watching.

Brutal.

A love that won't hurt me? Yes.

>i havent seen berserk
youtube.com/watch?v=GCUKcHKT-KM

That said, I do try to keep an optimistic outlook in some regards. While I'm a bit nervous for how the future will turn out in many ways, I'm also aware that technology strives forward, and so does society. If internet had been prevalent during the 80's it probably would've seemed worse than right now.
That, and that internet has a matter of blowing things up, or speaking of things you have no control over. It's maddening seeing the kind of shit that happens with huge businesses, but what the fuck are you supposed to do about it? You're but one man.

escapism

need something to escape the tough world of governmental administration

all love hurts user

what do you do?

Because I enjoy anime cliches more than western cliches.
And I enjoy mecha a lot and you can't really find a lot of mecha outside anime.

I watch JoJo

>Tripfag saying gay things

As expected

I like anime aesthetics. Cute girls and robots were the things that drew me into anime on first place.

i used to but now i dont and its all Sup Forums's fault

I like to compare my body to the MC's and want to improve it. That's why I watch Anime

My taste in anime has been getting worse and I would like to kill myself for such shitty taste, but I can't since I have a 4 year old to still care for.

currently working on a proposal to end NEETbux

you're annoying

It makes me feel emotions strongly. I don't usually get to experience the joy of great triumph or the despair of absolute failure, so I do so vicariously through anime, manga, books, movies, etc. to make my life more interesting.

I like the artstyle, the tropes, and cute girls. It also pleases my edginess.

It's a nice break from work and classes. Watch a bit of anime, and let my mind go mush. Kind of like drinking a couple of beers at the end of the day.

because little girls doing cute things make me happy, and there is nothing wrong with that

>Cute girls that are not 3dpd
>Comfy
>Japanese is a pleasant language to listen to
>Escapism

Don't I know it.

thats why you got to do pushups user,
cause when your pecs are tight feelings cant get inside you

i think it's the artstyle

How would you know?

That's pretty deep

I watch anime so that I can see impossible battles about people going faster than the speed of sound clashing blades and shoot magic at each other

Because I watch maybe 10 minutes or in the case of Re Zero, the first 2 part episode, and give up out of boredom.