Implying he died

>implying he died

Most tragic anime death scenes?

I never understood people who say he didn't die. The shaman told Jet his star was about to burn out and you see said star disappearing at the end. What, do you think it represents Vicious' life instead?

Yeah; he died alright.

Cowboy bebop returns for a 2nd series for its 20th anniversary and spike is a 47 year old neet.

The ending would be shit if he lived.

because it was a shit anime that was only good because he died

I'd watch it.

This desu senpai baka. Anyone else applauding this travesty clearly has shit taste.

No, he lived.

The story is him defying what standards society projects onto him, society tells him he needs a house somewhere in the galaxy to be successful yet he chooses to live in his space ship (the equivalent of an RV or trailer mind you), society tells him he must have a steady job yet he chooses to make his money in the bounty hunting business, society tells him he needs a dog or wait he has that one ^.^, all kidding aside, society tells him that he must do a lot but he continually defies societies ideas of what his life should be like and their predictions, meaning he doesn't live a conventional life. So with this major theme in play, I am defending OP here and DECLARING that he lives. Don't you see you are playing into the theme when you say that he "died"?? You represent society and you put this expectation on him when you say he died--the whole show is about defying what YOU say is supposed to happen to him!

You fell for the:

>oh no way he could be successful on his mission for vengeance against the mafia he obviously died
meme

(Part 1 of 2)

(>O . O)> (Part 2 of 2)

He simply collapsed from exhaustion. Right after he collapsed the police came and cuffed his ass. Which lead to him becoming an interstellar hero because he took down one of the most ruthless mafia organizations in the know universe.

Which is why he went into the space witness protection program to hide from other mafia organizations that wanted to kill him because Spike defied the expectation of others yet again.

With this overwhelming evidence, it is actually very hard to deny that he lived after his encounter with the mafia. Plus, it's only a scratch on his eye, he wouldn't die from a scratch--especially since the police took him to the hospital before questioning him and finding out that he did such a good deed (this is what lead to his pardon from his crimes of vigilantism).

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have learned and expanded your minds to the larger story that Shinichirō Watanabe was trying to convey through the themes of the series.

Moshi moshi.

nice projection of your own problems you fucking neet
has your mom... uuh society told you again you needed to get a job?

/dyingwaspartofmyplan/ general?

You're a faggot. And I like faggots.

t. OP

From earlier episodes:
>"Only I can kill you." - Vicious
>"Even though this is the end... it almost feels like a relief."
>"Do you understand me..? ... Do you... understand..." - Immortal kid
>"Like I do. ... Bang." - Spike

Oh my gosh screen caped top kek

Honestly, considering the state of technology and his injuries, it's a bit hard to believe he actually died. He got what, a gut wound? Those things fester, but they also need a lot of time to kill you. I sincerely doubt a society that can make functional cyborg limbs can't deal with a gut wound.

From a story perspective though, it's more feasible that he died, because according to his own words he was just a ghost of the past. When he put his past to rest, he'd disappear right?

Part of me like to think Spike was reborn as a new man after the end of the series. Maybe not as a great warrior, but as a real, honest man.

>The story is him defying what standards society projects onto him,
When? Where are you getting this?
>society tells him he needs a dog or wait he has that one ^.^, all kidding aside
>

Fuck me, he's dead. They left it open just in case Watanabe is homeless in the future and needs to cash in on Cowboy Bebop.

He dead and Never Coming back.

He dead move on with your life.

;_;

Tl;dr Moshi Moshi

You're a fucking idiot. Try watching commentary next you fucking pleb. Get a fucking job you stupid loser neet. That's nowhere near smart nor do you have an understanding and concept of what you theatrically call "philosophy." Get a job and educate yourself you fucking moron.

Win

Of course. Jews dont die

Actually it was never confirmed by the creator and left it for the audience to decide. Just the general say yeah he did. So you aren't really wrong to say he lived.

I still want to believe that he was the one pushing the horse cart.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Spike is the cart driver.

also from an earlier episode:
"Maybe this is the one I don't come back from." -Pierrot le Fou Session

Previous episodes (excluding the first part of the two-part end) don't have any relevance to this discussion.

Lol only broke Jew I saw

Wow, I am not surprised at all at these reactions. I guess the old saying is true that when truth is spoken it enrages the masses. My sides hurt from all the laughing because by writing these comments, you are playing into the brilliant mind of Shinichirō Watanabe, this kind of debate is exactly what we can expect from a master piece.

Although I will finally nail the coffin shut on this case. Most people expect him to die, but as we see in the series, most people expect him to do a lot things but he doesn't do them, as I said previously, society in the future is presented similarly to how society is today. This is shown through the desire for money, power, and social status. Although these qualities are no where to be found in our protagonist Spike!

Which is another illustration of how he defies the social norms and expectations.

I just thought this community was more versed in the art of story telling and how there must be themes as well as motifs. Even when I was eight and in my pajamas I knew that, and because I knew that I would look for the themes in a story! We can't look at things so simple. He lives.

(Part 1 of 3) (>,

I'm sorry, I keep laughing as I write these messages because you all don't see how you are the theme to the story. I guess this anime can only be fully enjoyed for woke viewers such as myself and these anons
I feel so sorry that you neglect some of the most profound evidence such as technology in the future being a variable here, much like this user pointed out:

If we can patch up 2Pac, who was riddled with holes like swiss cheese in our day, SURELY we can patch up Spikes minor injuries in the future, unless Cowboy Bebop takes place in an alternate demention where Trump loses to Hillary and Obamacare is still around to curse humans on a galactice level in the future {(*) _ (*)}

No but that's obviously not the case.

sldkfj Sorry, my sides are on the far side of the galaxy because you people just want to believe he dies. I guess we still live in the postmodern world that Shinichirō Watanabe was trying to deconstruct with his masterful series Cowboy Bebop.

>mfw I'm winning the debate q(^ , ^)p

(Part 2 of 3)

(Part 3 of 4)
>mfw my debate gets longer and more deadly as I have time to sit and think. ^("O_O)^

Shinichirō Watanabe is only trying to convey that you've been conditioned from youth to project your expectations onto others, that why he created such a likable character that breaks all those barriers down and causes people to have cognitive dissonance, because he CONTINUALLY breaks those expectations put on him.

And to answer your question:

It happens all the time!

Like I've already established, their space society is just like our today. They still want money, power, social status--that's why there is still a mafia, so you need to fill in the gaps that people look down on Spike because of the social class he fits into.

I'm not a social justice warrior by no means, but to really appreciate this story you need to realize that he is an unusual character, someone who if you met on the street, you would think:

"Wow, this person is very different than a lot of the people I've every met, he is very different. But needs to get his life together."

See? think about it like that, that is society putting their expectations on him, and he doesn't FIT into those expectations.

So because your put your expectations that he dies, he obviously breaks those expectations because that's what his character always does. Wow, I haven't felt this compassionate for people yet also been laughing in disbelief in a long time.

I thought everyone knew that he was doing the opposite of what society would think of someone to do. I mean, ever since I was eight and I snuck into the front room, turning on the television to Cowboy Bebop I KNEW that he was a different kind of character from the other animes where they did what you expected, like in Sailor Moon or the old Speed Racer.

I stood in my pajamas in awe, but now I just can't help but chuckle at how the masses can be so wrong and only a few including myself right.

You all have given me a great night of good thought and teaching, now I am considering making perhaps some kind of thread explaining how Bulma acts as the first catalyst for ALL the other DBZ characters to find their inner strength to fight stronger and harder against their enemies.

But I would hope you are all "aka-pilled" on that paradigm. 8-(O v O)-

O wakare!

(Part 4 of 4)

Notice how I ignored and did not address your horribly rude comment. There is a saying that goes, "You get more with honey than you do with vinegar."

But I am not horribly offended, I just don't think you've considered the evidence. Please take a look at the facts I have stated in my posts.

As for the commentary, what about it? I believe not even Shinichirō Watanabe and his team that worked on this project truly realize the implications for the futuristic world which they created. There is no doubt that the world has taken on it's own legs, it really is to be expected that they have medical technologies that are far more effective and superior to what we have today.

I see no argument in your post, just attacking me. Wow, again with projecting your own expectation much? Thanks for the laugh though, because your argument holds no water.

I'm actually ded right now from laughing. for real this is amazing

>Historic. Thread.

Include me in the screen caps! btw he died.

Did you realize why he thirst for more bounty and why he hate to have comrades on his ship?