How can you like those two stupidly annoying characters ? Explain to me

How can you like those two stupidly annoying characters ? Explain to me.

Ram is fine though.

This Ram is fine, Rem is meh.

I don't care about either. Checkmate.

stupid hair

Ram is a bro

I want Ram to bully me and Rem to comfort me.

>Cute yandere oni kyuudai
Why don't you like them

>kyuudai

Because of potential double paizuri

She insults him almost every time they meet.

Keep watching.

I can't, dropped the show at episode 10

>Explain to me.
terrible taste and maid fetish

I miss Ram's bantz. Will she appear again before the anime ends?

Ram is fine if you are into femdom cuckolding

I'm into femdom cuckolding

this haremshit is fuckin garbage

because the anime director failed at conveying rem's clingy, creepy, stalker-esque personality and actions, as well as subaru's desire to avoid her because she's overbearing and exhausting from the novel. rem vs emilia in the subarubowl is a product of the poor anime adaptation giving the illusion of rem being a much kinder and more tolerable character

she tries to drug him, nearly molests him, fishes for compliments, hangs on his every word and defines herself by his praise or criticism. that is a kind of distinct one-sided dependency that is really not healthy in a relationship. multiple times subaru envisions her with a little puppy tail wagging in delight from headpats or hanging low after being scolded.

this entire defining facet of her character is NEVER touched on in the anime, making her significantly more likable to those who know only the anime

ram is ram, take that how you will

They're cute.

So anime Rem > LN Rem. I don't see the problem.

Haven't read it, but that's pretty lame if true. Whitewash Rem's character for the purpose of making her blatant waifubait.

I don't self insert

>that is a kind of distinct one-sided dependency
I think it's shown to not be quite as one-sided as Subaru believes. As overbearing as she is, Subaru craves her gratitude and praise even if he's less willing to directly admit to it. Give him a few hours away from Rem and he starts missing how she fellates his ego, because it turns out that both of them are clingy creeps who beg for praise.
>Gratitude and some words of thanks were all he sought, unintentionally Rem’s image came to mind. That blue-haired girl was probably on a shopping tour right around now, they’d only been apart for a few hours but how much he missed her. I want to be healed by Rem!
They do whitewash quite a bit. Rem is actually still pretty scary.

She is still scary. Stuff like proclaiming Subaru her reason to die, and her terrifying berserker rage (coupled with good voice acting) when the black KKK captures him shows that she's got some... issues.

Nonetheless, I do wish they'd have kept a bit more of her terrifying overbearingness, and not just pointed it at enemies.

>and her terrifying berserker rage (coupled with good voice acting) when the black KKK captures him shows that she's got some... issues.
They actually cut out a good portion of that, didn't they? There's a whole internal monologue about how badly she's injured and how she can't move the left side of her body.

They act scared yet are cruel and murderous as all hell.

Was this actually an adaptation from the WN or just the manga going off? I remember the anime didn't even have Rem intervening.

lool i want this on my wall

they play on his pervy nature which leads to some funny and cute situations. i love it

The manga didn't make it up. Rem's personality is a lot more colorful in the source material, at the cost of her seeming less dignified or "perfect". I mean, what would people think if they knew the lewd thoughts she had at the prospects of Subaru raping her?

That just makes her all the more perfect.

>“Yes, I’ll 3/4ths kill them.”
Wait. The manga translation did change a few things, now that I'm checking the WN translation.
Oh, it certainly does.

So you are basically saying that she is even better in the WN?
Too bad she is stuck with this fucking retard MC.

Take a look for yourself.
>“――I came here following your scent, but what’s with this ruckus?”
>Saying an ominous line from the sky, a certain blue-haired maid came falling from above.
>Holding the hem of her skirt while flipping through the air, a sound effect not unlike an explosion sounded out accompanying Rem’s landing―― Blowing away the cloud of dust with a wave of her hand, everyone’s eyes were focused on her.
>“And so, Subaru-kun. Don’t you have something to say to say to Rem?”
>“Rem, you’re a supermaid with seriously good timing! I’ve fallen in love with you again!”
>“If you praise me so much I’ll get bothered”
>While the stooge’s stooges were on their toes from Rem’s sudden entrance, Rem and Subaru fell into their normal daily routine. Rem fidgeting from side to side, her face red from Subaru’s praise. The first to act was the big stooge, a vein bulging from listening to the two’s conversation.
>Rem’s figure was perfectly positioned between Subaru and the stooge. With a scary face the stooge grabbed Rem’s shoulder angrily,
>“Oi, you out-of-place maid. I was having a talk with that friend of yours o――”
>The threatening words he had expertly seasoned with his veteran experience as a thug were cut short before he could even get the full sentence out, ephemeral like a fleeting dream.
>Pulled by his shirt collar up into the air by Rem, the stooge was thrown onto the ground head first. As he got closer to the ground his body tumbled slowly, the whites of his eyes showing, unable to move out of shock.
>I don’t think he’s dead. Definitely…probably… maybe…

>“These are the people who threatened Subaru-kun and Emilia-sama, correct?”
>Rem said in a deep voice, no emotion showing on her face as she entered into work mode. But considering that she subtly listed Subaru’s name first it seems like her priorities still weren’t fully in order. While thinking that strange thought, he had a bit of sympathy for the obviously shocked group of thugs. Saying a prayer for them in his heart out of compassion, it was the least he could do.
>“Rem”
>“Yes.”
>“Don’t kill them ok?”
>“Yes, I’ll 3/4ths kill them.”
>Deciding she would only 75% kill them, Rem leisurely got to work. There were some who threw things at her in desperation. There were some who turned tail and tried to flee. And then there were some who couldn’t quite grasp what was going on and just clutched their knees in fear.
>―― Facing all that, she rained down punishment on them, distributing it evenly.”
>“Wow! Amazing.”
>Watching the figures of several people easily thrown through the air, Subaru muttered dumbfounded. He was completely taken in by the brawl that was coming to a close, so much so that he didn’t notice the pair of bluish-purple eyes staring at him quietly, isolated from the chaos.
>“――Subaru”
>Towards her pleading mumbles, he was completely oblivious.

There are also a surprising amount of scenes where Emilia gets an odd expression while watching Subaru and Rem interact.

>she tries to drug him, nearly molests him, fishes for compliments, hangs on his every word and defines herself by his praise or criticism. that is a kind of distinct one-sided dependency that is really not healthy in a relationship. multiple times subaru envisions her with a little puppy tail wagging in delight from headpats or hanging low after being scolded.
That just made her even better.

>drug him

Is that referring to the king game side story? Cuz that was amazing. It was some kind of truth telling drug that ended getting drunk by Emilia.

She pretty much lays out how jealous she is of the affection Rem gets from Toyota.

Anime can even make codependency cute.

The funny thing here is that Subaru's probably the more obnoxiously stupid of the two, even though he thinks it's Rem who's kind of dumb.
>“The fainting…is connected…to mayonaise…”
>“Huh? Yes, I know. Rem will do her best for Subaru-kun. And the dawn…fufu, I look forward to it.”
>She interpreted Subaru’s words as he was fainting in agony, and leaving behind an unusually cute smile, Rem fled the room.
>“I can’t believe such a bad plan actually worked. I’m a little worried about Rem’s future, but I’ve been saved by her simpleness today.”

>–Shortly after Subaru secretly slipped out of his room.
>“…Even so, for him to actually believe I was fooled by a trick like that is a bit of a shock.”
>In the middle of the otherwise unpopulated room, Rem, who had just returned, muttered to herself while touching the table.
>She retrieved the note left on the table she was touching. There, in hastily scribbled, barely legible E characters were written, “I’ll b back soon.”
>[T/N: Subaru’s note actually says “chichikitokusugukaeru.” This phrase is a bit of a running joke on the Japanese speaking internet, as in “My mom left this note on the table. What does it mean?” and then people give really contrived explanations.]
>Although she didn’t understand it, she could tell from Subaru’s personality that it was meant to be some obscure reference or joke.
>“He didn’t really have to jump through the window…I didn’t really try to stop him from leaving the room.”
>This was the result of her pretending to have left through the door and hiding herself in the depths of a corridor. Once she had sensed that there was no human presence in the room and returned, she discovered the wide-open window and the note–and realized he had left through a rather dangerous method.
>“…Geez, Subaru-kun really can’t be helped…”

OO==GIANT==CLOWN==COCK==> HONK HONK

Is that the manga? i dont remember seeing this