What did he mean by this?

...huh?

bleachfag overshadow good anime and manga threads i'll bump your thread op with power of Tomoko.

It's about a manchild who lives in a big robots fantasy world and refuse to grow up. Japan have a big problems with these people wand they try to get rid of the american democracy to start the extermination of the weaboos. You know the reason why Sup Forums hate Evangelion is because it told them how worthless pieces of shit they are. Evangelion should be the last anime you watch. If you still watch anime after that then shoot you in the head.

He meant that if you don't reply to this post you're waifu will die in her sleep tonight.

I didn't get that ending. His mother made the Eva for him and mankind to survive after the death of the solar system, so why the fuck did he end up on earth again?

Because he wished to?

>his parents sacrifice everything and spend their entire lives working for the continued existance of mankind even after the death of the solar system
>faggot MC throws it all away
Yeah, that sounds like Shinji.

>Sup Forums hates evangelion
Haven't you seen the tremendous increase in Evafagsrecently?

>this much headcanon

How is it headcanon when that's exactly what they said in the series?

They never strived for
>mankind to survive after the death of the solar system
Seele wanted to combine all humans into one thing(partially successful). Gendo wanted to screw up seele's plan and just extract his wife from the eva(failed).

Yui went into Eva 01 as proof of humanity's existence. (succeeds)

Rewatch the scene again. It's not what SEELE wanted but what Gendo and Yui planned.

But Gendo did get what he wanted.

His only goal was reunification with Yui, and he got it in the end since they're both drifting through space inside Unit 01.

>and he got it in the end since they're both drifting through space inside Unit 01.
What?

Watch EoE

>Evangelion should be the last anime you watch. If you still watch anime after that then shoot you in the head.
Then why are you still here?

I have. It was Shinji that was supposed to drift through space in Unit 1. Genji died and never even got to be part of the instrumentality.

What was the first impact?
How did Shinji's mom get into SEELE?
How did Shinji and Asuka survive?
What happened to humanity?
Why is the earth red? Was it blood?
How did they find Adam?

He meant evacancer is garbage.

>What was the first impact?
Lilith and Adam shenanigans
>How did Shinji's mom get into SEELE?
Daughter of one of the members
>How did Shinji and Asuka survive?
They didn't
>What happened to humanity?
Instrumentality?
>Why is the earth red? Was it blood?
Looks cool
>How did they find Adam?
In Antarctica, I think

>I have finally achieved it... the End... of Evangelion
WHAT?

That's Fuyutsuki. He was Yui's only apparent accomplice, her scenario was unknown to Gendo.

You mean manga. He's with Yui when she says goodbye there, he doesn't appear again in End after he's bitten in half.

Who is adam? Is it the first angel that was locked up in the basement that Rei merged with? Or was that Lillith?

Adam is the seed of life that gave birth to angels. It's the thing that exploded in Antarctica and caused the second impact. It's also the weird embryo Kaji brings to gendo in ep8. It ends up morphed into Gendo's hand in EoE.

The thing in the basement is Lilith.

Adam was the jumbo prawn in the briefcase, that was what was left after the Giant of Light was exploded into a fine aerosol in Second Impact. Kaji believes the thing on the cross to have been grown from the takeout he delivered to Gendo, it turns out forever later to be Lilith, a different and equivalent entity.

This is legitimately confusing because Eva was written Lost-style. Lilith and the competing progenitor aliens concept weren't in the narrative until right at the end and didn't quite connect to every hook introduced over the series.

The Rei that betrayed Gendo at the end was a different Rei from the one that smiled at Shinji in ep 6 right? How many times were Rei replaced in the show?

Three

To elaborate, the first Rei was the one Ritsuko's mother strangled, whose soul was later placed into Unit 00.
Rei II is the one we see for most of the series, and Rei III is the one who betrays Gendo in the end.

Do they share a collective memory then? I can't see why Rei III would betray Gendo for Shinji unless she had the memories of Rei II.

No, they don't.

Rei II liked Gendo for various reasons but Rei III doesn't have any attachment for him. She also witnessed Shinji's suffering during Kaworu's death, so it's understandable why she'd betray Gendo for Shinji

How can you guys say you like this movie when the movie and its director OBJECTIVELY hate your guts, simply by the fact that you're watching it?

I hate myself too so it makes sense.

What are we defining to be a Rei exactly?

You know, that makes a lot of sense and I hadn't thought of it.
Thank you.

How can she be best girl if she is multiple girls?

But the director has said on multiple times he-s an otaku himself.

He strangles her because he believes she is the same as the Asuka from his head.
When she acts unexpectedly he breaks because:
He realises that she is the real one and ITS ALIVE! despite seeing her Eva being turn asunder by the MPE
He recieves the first act of sincere kindness in a long time.

Asuka says gross because she feels gross in her current state, that she was tanged, that she fell in love with someone like him, got strangled and well... just cause everything.

>this head canon
That cant happen because Rei's soul has always been Lilith.

Everytime Rei dies and is resurrected she becomes more independant and sentinent.

This scene is the exact moment the waterworks start.

So Rei is actually the mother of angels and thus she feels a connection with Shinji when he cries over the death of the last angel?

Its a blended copy of the ending scenes from several Nagai manga as well as Ideon. Its pretty simple when you know your shit. All japs do is rip off each other. It also mirrors the end of Gunbuster in a dark inversion kinda way

Wrong
Adam spawned the angels/apostoles
Lilith crashed into earth and her primordial soup mixed with Adam's thus creating the Original sin AND Humans.

She remarks shinji's importance when the last angel dies because Kaworu/Vessel of adam's soul basically let humanity had its chance because of shinji.

Also you see a quantum Rei throught the series because its a power she obtained during instrumentality, she became omnipresent so she can be anywhere anytime.
But she is not omnipotent.

>her primordial soup mixed with Adam's thus creating the Original sin AND Humans.
In no version of the story or spin-off.

She knew.

>I caught a fish thiiiiiiiiis big
>thiiiiiiiiis big?

>FUCK YOU!

So does the movie's ending make the show's ending non-canon?

Both are the same ending. The show's ending just show's Shinji's state of mind during Instrumentality.

Gendo was right

That's fucking retarded. There are many ways of "proving humanities existence" that don't involve trapping your soul in a giant robot for all eternity. Shit we've done it already with radio signals sent through space.

>radio signals will stay intact the way they are and get preserved forever

You're a dumbass. You think aliens will look at radio signals and come to the conclusion that humans exist? If anything, they'll look at it as a bunch of meaningless jibberish, it's likely that they communicate using different methods than humans do, so simple radio signals will be lost on them. They won't speak our languages, hell, they may not even communicate with their mouths at all.

If aliens end up traveling through space, it is the most likely assumption based on our knowledge that they have the sense of sight (since there is no sound in space), therefore they would see the EVA and go "Holy fuck! someone was actually here!" (Of course, this also relies on several assumptions on the planet that aliens come from, and assumes the fact that they would see the EVA as man-made and not just something of nature)

Someone finally gets it

>It's about a manchild who lives in a big robots fantasy world and refuse to grow up.
>pic related, a picture of the protagonist, a grown man, practically frothing at the mouth over how happy he is to pilot robots

>tfw EoE gave the ultimate redpill
The part where Shinji realize that he won't be happy in the perfect world either. When he realized that the world and the other people weren't the problem, but that it was himself that was the problem all along.

Sup Forums and /r9k/ really needs to see this and realize that they wouldn't feel any better in their perfect utopias because the big problem is within themselves

>being this naive
The demiurge basks in your self-loathing. It's the entire world practically that is wrong. It needs something big to change its ways, Char's Counterattack Style.

Just embrace the melancholy and self-hatred user. We are the ones that don't fit in. We are doomed to eternal loneliness simply because we are broken humanoids. We are creatures that should never have existed.

The TV ending was happening to the Shinjis that exist in the minds of the other characters after the real one had already left in EoE.

you're fucked up

Didn't the TV ending take place in the LCL when all the souls were merged?

I know.

First half of episode 25 corresponds with episode 25' in EoE, while the rest of episode 25 and all of 26 correspond to 26' in EoE. One More Final is added onto the end, thus the name.

Shinji Ikari, the worlds worst spree killer.
Tried to wipe out the human race as individuals just because he couldn't handle rejection from girls.

Except he chickened out halfway through because he is a hopeless basket case beta that is afraid to take responsibility for his own actions.

No, he realized that he wouldn't be happy in a world without individuality either.

Maybe he should have thought of that before letting the whole worlds population get reduced to orange juice.

If he had half a brain he would get in the damn robot, quit being a little bitch and realize that doing SOMETHING is better than to lay down and die, dooming not only himself and anyone he knows but the whole human race as well.
Then maybe people wouldn't get tired of being around his miserable little whiny ass all the time and he could have normal human interactions with people instead of spending his life in the fetal position complaining about how everything is unfair.

>To elaborate, the first Rei was the one Ritsuko's mother strangled, whose soul was later placed into Unit 00.
How can anyone take this seriously.

>If he had half a brain he would get in the damn robot, quit being a little bitch and realize that doing SOMETHING is better than to lay down and die,
Why would he risk his life for people who treat him like shit? So he can keep being bullied and rejected?

>Why would he risk his life for people who treat him like shit?
Because, not doing anything means certain death to him, everyone he knows and the entire human race.
Besides, the reason they treat him like shit is because he is a whiny little bitch who never does what he is told.

>Because, not doing anything means certain death to him, everyone he knows and the entire human race.
Yes, and?

>Besides, the reason they treat him like shit is because he is a whiny little bitch who never does what he is told.
No they treat him like shit because he doesn't fit into their image of a strong perfect alpha man.

>Didn't the TV ending take place in the LCL when all the souls were merged?
EoE is an alternative ending. NGE has two slightly different endings. This mix anons are talking about is headcanon.

He gets in the robot every single time, the only time he doesn't fight is when he is up against Toji.

>Because, not doing anything means certain death to him, everyone he knows and the entire human race.
He doesn't know that. He just gets told to fight a giant monster in a giant robot out of the blue. Then he has the most terrifying experience in his life. You're supposed to see the whole siltation like it's happening in the real world and not like in your average anime the likes of snk, sao, narout, ttgl or a battle harem.

>EoE is an alternative ending.
Then how did the TV series end? It made no sense on its own.

The same events occur and they have the same outcome. The only difference is the point of view.

good see this thread up.

>He gets in the robot every single time
Yes, after complaining about it for half the episode.
>He doesn't know that. He just gets told to fight a giant monster in a giant robot out of the blue.
That is only true for the first fight.
If he haven't been able to figure shit out by his second fight he is truly retarded.
They even keep telling him that he is the only one that can do it.

Yes that's why they made the movie. Because literally no one, not even anno, liked how EoTV ended.

Yes but EoTV explains jack about how the instrumentality came to be. Thematically they are practically the same. With the difference that EoE is about a thousand time better executed in every regard.

It's not about figuring it out it's about his life sucking before and sucking even more after piloting. He might as well let this gay earth die. Makes little difference to him at that point of his progression. Death would end his misery and he would also screw everyone who made him in the process

>Yes but EoTV explains jack about how the instrumentality came to be.
Yes, like I said, the only difference is the point of view. EoTV tells us when it happens and shows us a general starting point - Rei meeting with Gendo - but does not show us anything that happens in the real world. EoE, however, takes place almost entirely in the real world, only briefly showing us what's happening in the character's heads during the second half.

You agreed with me that they are the same thing, so why do you insist that they are different? Liking the execution of one better than the other doesn't change the fact that they portray the same events.

You're right. It's like expecting a neet to do anything other curl up and die.
Shinji is a pretty disgusting and unrelatable character. Woe is me

>In no version of the story or spin-off.
how do you think the original sin came to be? did you even got to read the files of the ps2 game?

ofcourse she did.
the tv ending was because they ran out of budget.
It is also whats going on throught Shinji's head and everyone's heads during instrumentality.

from which doujinshin is this?

>disgusting
Yes
>unrelatable
No, the most relatable character ever made in anime.

That's officially licensed.

Shinji did nothing wrong and if you can't relate to him you need to get off this board, normalfag.

whats the name of it then?

I don't know

where did you get it then?

I didn't
I'm not him

They do share memories, but only up until the last time she has been put in the tube with the clones around her.

On Asuka's side; I feel that this scene helps understand Shinji's side of the ordeal.

Source on that scene? I don't remember it in the anime or movie

Sorry for late reply.
NGE, i forget which episode

go to bed gnostics

Episode 22 (Directors cut)
>I don't remember it in the anime or movie
That's probably why.

I bet you think Akira in SEED was relatable.

The Directors cut from what i understand, are just episodes 21-24, they have Pre-Intro scenes and other scenes spliced into the episodes.

The scenes were cut from the episodes due to budget constraints.

Pic is from pre-intro (footage from Antarctica)(ep 21)

Also to change things that made too much sense previously, like adding dialogue about the Lance of Longinus being shipped to Antarctica from the Dead Sea.

Well take what you will.
the scenes together total about 10 minutes correct?

SEED?
What is that?

Its what he wanted. He was not sure if it was the right thing to do, however because it's what he wanted to; it was fine.