>Gunsmith Cats started out great
>the OVA was a blast
>drug storyline was stupid as hell
>shit villain keeps showing up
>muh tragic past
>fucking Burst
>fucking shit villain comes back from the dead
>fucking ending
I still can't decide if this is a good series overall or if it just started out well.

Riding Bean is fine. The OVA is okay. The manga is fantastic despite the flaws. Burst never happened.

God-tier characters, fan service, and artwork. Lots of folks who liked this series and made it popular are probably in their 40's and 50's by now.

However you're right, it had a TERRRIBLE ending, even worse you can tell Kenichi Sonoda has absolute shit taste besides culling blindly from car and gun magazines. The Mustang II at the end of GSC Burst was one of the most disgusting car replacements Rally could have for a '67 GT500. Said car pictured, in real life it is one of the most horrifically ugly cars to come out of the 70s.

Despite his love for the CZ-75 and a couple of other fun, random pistol portrayals, a lot of the weapons he portrayed and how he portrayed them really hurt the series too.

>The Mustang II at the end of GSC Burst was one of the most disgusting car replacements Rally could have for a '67 GT500.
>in real life it is one of the most horrifically ugly cars to come out of the 70s
Then it was perfect for the end of Burst. Another problem I had with the series was that it cribbed a lot of stuff from other things. Rally was actually supposed to be called Larry so people wouldn't know they were hiring a woman à la Remington Steele, and I cannot stress enough how much I hated that mind control drug shit that was everywhere in that period.

As someone who doesn't care about cars or guns, it's astounding that I like it as much as I do.

That is, the series, not the car.

I liked the ending. It was realistic.

It was a fun action series, what's not to love?

If I wanted realism I'd go outside.

Basically he got tired of it and tired of the fans of it.

So he basically crashed the manga into the ground as a result.

To this day, one of the top 5 worst endings for a good manga.

Burst was a mistake.

It was OOC.

What happened in the ending? Was it worse than the Gunnm ending? Is Burst worse than Last Order?

Probably.

Then why even bother?

Everything goes to shit and it ends that way.

bump

This page is an accurate portrayal of how /k/ sees every other board.

But muh random inserting of fetishes!

Shockingly so.

>I hated that mind control drug shit that was everywhere in that period.
Thank you, looks like you and I can share a beer/drink together. I also hated that whole hallucinogenic arc, as it just allowed asspulls left and right.

I don't think I would have hated Goldie as much as I did if it hadn't been for that arc.

The series could've lived on with great interest if we could've had a Bean spin-off, reverting back to how Riding Bean was originally intended to be the main story.

It's disappointing to hear Sonoda felt this way and did as such, and frankly the manga DOES feel that way at the end. Any source as to where you read/heard this?

Why was Bean so shitty? He was the Poochie of the series.

They all live their own life separated from the others. The loli is happy with her husband and kid, the girl in love with Rally stays with someone else in love with her (more than Rally at least), Rally leaves for who knows where since she ended up alone and I forgot for the informer but she went doing her own thing too. Same with the guy.

He was Sonoda's pet character and the guy never found a way to make a Terminator-tough Transporter a compelling side character.

SHit taste, both of you.

He made the classic mistake of making someone too invulnerable. Literally the only character development for him in the course of a decade and a half: He won't transport drugs and he dropped hundreds of thousands of dollars on an armored car that goes sideways really fast.

But all he does is show up, make the plot happen and fuck off. There's no character, no vulnerability, no interest. If he appears you can basically skip to the end of the arc since he's going to make sure that the plot happens exactly as prescribed because he has plot armor as thick as the Earth's crust.

I actually like Bean, but he just did the same thing over and over.

Side characters are allowed to be that way though.

>No vulnerability

He got fucked over badly a lot of times. If you're complaining he doesn't die, neither does Larry.

Rally is love

Rally is life

Her name is Larry.

Well, her Alias. Rally is a shitty localization.

Being a Range Officer must be hell.

I'm still mad about Dark Horse never finishing Cannon God Exxaxion.

Exxaxion was trash.

>implying any competent range officer would allow that much retarded unruliness with that many newbies around

Is that short rail CZ yours? If so how much you pay for it and how'd you find one?

I prefer Rally, it's more like a nickname and the gender thing never really came up anyways.

Just a few interviews. In that typical Japanese way, he doesn't say it outright.

I personally think it was leftover anger from Cannon God Exaxxion getting cancelled. GS was his fallback and it embittered him.

It did come up though, pretty often. That's why the neutral name is a terrible localization. What, were they afraid readers would feel a little gay or something?

May and Ken become a family in the suburbs. They have it the easiest.

Bean left town to go to greener pastures.

Roy wasn't able to nail Percy for his corruption, and retired. He was just tired of the broken system.

Rally gave up bounty-hunting and the active life to work her store.

Oh, and she ended up putting Goldie back in power and restoring her evil side by accident. She also brainwashed Rally's thief friend and a bunch of other girls with an even more powerful version of Kerasine, to be her sex slaves.

Rally somehow decided she's okay with this.

The hamfisted politics in there were cringeworthy as well. From a /k/ standpoint, Exxaxxion if anything really showed me just how egotistic Kenichi Sonoda was about his mastery of machines and weaponry. I wish he'd had the attention to detail and care of accuracy like Kosuke Fujushima's works.

Larry is a shitty name anyways.

>It did come up though, pretty often
When?

I know, she chose a male name and the translation got it wrong but it's too late now.
Yes, both are short rails, I spent 6 years looking for them, and I paid $2000 for the first and $3000 for the second.

Wait, what happened with the thief friend? Who were the other girls?

It only came up once in a printed name that came out a printer that showed "Larry Vincent"

However, sonada approved the English translation of Rally, so it doesn't really matter

I forget who the other girls were. Incidental characters.

Her thief friend was Misty. Goldie kidnapped and brainwashed her to be her love slave.

Rally decided that Misty seemed happy and just let it go, despite knowing she was brainwashed, and that Goldie had other brainwashed slaves.

Every time someone said "I thought you were a guy" was a direct reference to that. They outright say she had a guys name for an alias so she'd have an easier time on the bounty hunting job.

It's a fairly important side of the character that is completely lost on english readers.

She got drugged into being a sex slave for the whacked out dyke bitch that wouldn't go away.

Fug wrong pic

Jesus christ. In what world is that an acceptable ending?

Fuck, those things are pretty.

In the world of a pissed off creator that had to run back to a series he had left behind,

Oh, and Sonoda stated Rally's orientation was "celibate lesbian" at a convention around that time, to torpedo anyone who liked Bean/Rally tension.

Why are girls with man names so great?

Given that he had to recycle old villains and ideas for Burst, it's pretty obvious he never wanted to go back to it.

Well, he did have her sloppy gay kiss Misty when she saw her off to her new mindbroken sex slave life.

It's sometimes refreshing to see a main character go, "You know what? Fuck being a hero. Everyone's on their own."

Why is this ending sounding so much like a doujin?

One thing that surprised me going from the OVA to the manga was how much less over the top and crazy the latter was.

The manga was good, but I think I liked the OVA better.

What...

Thanks, I'm lucky to have them,

...the fuck.

Gunsmith Cats OVA BDs when

>if Goldie wasn't around to funnel people into her horrible organization
>they might work for OTHER ONES

That's not how crime works! It's like the reasoning of someone who only watched Godfather movies.

There were a few like that, not the least of which was Golden Boy.

>trying to read that goddamn nightmare

Bitter as vinegar.

Yup. That's how it works. Once those drug cartels got firmly entranched in their own territories, they never bothered anyone again. Nope. Never again.

>Larry gave so little a shit about Misty she just decided Goldie wasn't worth fighting.

Can't make that up.

Please stop I can already feel my blood pressure rising.

Fucking beautiful my friend. I'm envious. I'd drop $2-3 g's easy if I could just FIND one, which is tough in California.

What a hero.

I can't stand how everything this mangaka draw feel very well drawn and realistic aside the female faces. Is like female faces are drawn by another mangaka.

Is a manga that want to be american. And so is all built on what japanese think are american things: cars, weapons, and titties.

Just dont let frilly bitch fingerfuck em, she's gonna scratch these beauties I swear to god

It's been a while but isn't the girl on the right Goldie's drug-addled fuck slave that somehow became her girlfriend and everyone just acts like that's totally okay?

Yes, she's Larry's gay thief friend who tried to take on Goldie because she wanted Larry's poon and failed, resulting in becoming a brainwashed slave.

Here the author is just trying to make a conclusion assuring Rally is not gonna bothered again. Kinda forced.

It comes up in the scene where they race the girl with the star (?) on her face. They don't say Larry, but she's like "Isn't that a boy's band?"

Yeah, Misty. Goldie uses her as a Rally replacement and everyone is apparently fine with this.

That's her happiness. In the end she is the one that must decide her life. Even if the others would not like that they can't do nothing.

In my headcanon she skipped town with bean and dyed her hair blond.

Name*

>Brainwashed sex slaves have to decide what to do with their lives

You realized she's completely brainwashed, right?

And a real hero

She like that. And Rally remember the last time she tried to rescue one of her sex slaves, that girl almost committed suicide.
Again, what to do? Going for another war kidnapping Misty that wanna stay with her?

Real human

Learn english before learning logic. Then learn logic. Then argue.

beeeeeeean

>she like that
You can't not like being brainwashed, You've been brainwashed to like it, dumbass.

I like his character art, although in Burst you could see he sorta half assed most of it. Thank god the cars and guns were still top notch, because some of the characters wouldna looked out of place in a Togashi chicken image,

Why are you doing this to us? Why are you doing it to yourself?

Manga tell that she want to stay with Goldie. Being just brainwashed into that is your assumption.

Because I want everyone who missed Burst to suffer, too.

It's STATED IN THE FUCKING PAGES, you incompetent mong. Read the fucking book.

>his gun wizard series ended in 2013
>no scanlations at ALL
>no new series since then
I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking Sonoda had died of a japanese cold if it weren't for his endcard illustration for Koukaku no Pandora.

Never heard of it. Nor will I read anything by Sonoda, again.

Cute. That was a cute show.

Burst wasn't even that bad until the very last chapter.
All that lead up for nothing, wew.

She have her own reasons. And she tell Rally about them. This is not just the drugs doing the talking.

Holy shit you dumb fucking spic, if she's being brainwashed by drugs, none of her reasons are her own.