Spain to suspend Catatonia's autonomy

Spain had given Catalonia a deadline to clarify its status as it relates to the 8 second UDI issued about a week ago. That deadline is about to expire.

If Catalonia does not give a response within the next 5 minutes (when the deadline runs out), and they don't appear willing to, Spain will invoke article 155 of the Spanish constitution, which will suspend Catalonia's autonomous parliament.

Many believe that this will prompt the nationalist parties to issue a UDI

Other urls found in this thread:

lavanguardia.com/politica/20171019/432178812964/gobierno-articulo-155-requerimiento-puigdemont-no-respuesta-rajoy.html).
youtube.com/watch?v=9c_Bac-17Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=FyD9Eq_n-Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=mt31tCJdsLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

have your bump my buddy

oh my, democracy is working again

There are no nationalist parties in Catalonia. Just seperatist lefties and crazy no border for Nigger tier communists

Looks like we need to wait another 30 minutes.

Would Catalonia leaving be the Spanish equivalent of Calexit?

Kind of. Only that Spain might use military force to keep the territory and get rid of the seperatists

So... Calexit. If you believe the US would let Cali leave with the military bases and coastal trade areas they have there you are insane

wew

What? California has the biggest ports and bases in the west coast, the US would have to be insane to let them take those

Is it happening guys?

No. Both sides are stalling, neither wants to make first move.

9 minutes til the speech

Catalonia just said if things keep like this they will declare independance, they are true meme one country

This is an entertaining divorce. RIP what’s left of the Spanish Empire.

Livestream?

This move is such bullshit. They clearly don't want independence enough to even declare it. At this point it seems they just want to be seen as victims.

Catalonia is virtually guaranteed to lift the suspension of the declaration of independence now, as Rajoy has said that they're going ahead with 155.

Have we started the fire?

They've always wanted to be seen as victims. The Spanish civil war was their Holocaust

>Catalonians
>Playing victim card
Have you ever seen the save catalonia save europe? The big problem is they fucked the economy of spain for the next few years

so south spain is turning into best spain?

Rocket Amigo Glorious Compadre

or how does this shit work?

Reuters reports Spain will trigger the suspension of Catalan autonomy on Saturday

What the fuck is up with these Iberians, why cant you guys just get to the point

>Reading el mundo
Based bro

Franquism was their holocaust, 40 years of it.

Do Catalans even have the guts and will to fight for their independence anymore?

No idea, I got the tv signal connected to the second screen

Cuckalonian lefties are a coalition government made of "right " wing party + literal anarcho communists. The ancom shits are less than 10% of the vote and are calling the shots and pushing hard for independence on the bigger party. The main party for independence has been forced to follow along for years the party line and the independence manifesto to get votes, so they can't jump ship without commiting political suicide.

Meanwhile, the spanish gov is waiting it out and stalling with legal times and let them chew each other

The point of what spain is doing, is letting all catalonians be deluded by the exit of big business so far 800 since 1 october, while making them fight each other of how is the situation being manage, time works in favour of spain in this case, since this an emotional issue, and the longer is going rim more catalonian people stop being deluded

It's from La Vanguardia, but yeah. I speak Spanish, there's no reason to wait for English-language media to translate it.

>exile in venezuela with no food
>go to prison and eat all days

decisions, decisions

>I got the tv signal connected
I found nothing in english, keep us posted Spainon.

There will be a special meeting of ministers on Saturday to begin 155 proceedings (lavanguardia.com/politica/20171019/432178812964/gobierno-articulo-155-requerimiento-puigdemont-no-respuesta-rajoy.html). What remains to be seen now is whether the Catalan parliament declares independence now, since Madrid has declared its intention to continue with 155, or waits for Saturday's proceedings.

Lulz

They will probably, since puigdemon has cornered by himself, probably will declare the independance before saturday, as this way he will left as a martyr, but that will only made much more business fleed catalonia

>Catalans for the n-th time throw meme-tier referendum that had yet to amount to anything for the past few attempts and nothing suggested that this time would be any different
>Rajoy for some unknown reason decides to chimp out and seizes both the voting cards, as well as shuts down electronic voting system
>Catalan independence activists use this circumstance as a justification for turning entire voting process into a fraud, with people being allowed to print out their own cards and cast them into multiple voting booths
>Rajoy chimps out even harder and sends national guard to try and subdue the unrest by beating the fuck out of protesters
>Great, now the meme-tier event has gained a tint of martyrdom to it and Catalans are no longer indifferent to it
>Rajoy responds to these concerns by taking away Catalan rights to self-governance altogether

Why are Spaniards so eager to torch their country? :^) Had Rajoy just ignored the voting event, nothing would come out of it as usual.

the catacuck president had till 10.00 today to reply to the government, and the fag paid to have it delivered 9:55 to stall even more and be an ass about it, so the speech is delayed a bit

Separatists politcians are fighting among themselves and they almost have no money left, in November they won't be able to pay any salary.

Translation: this idiots won't do a shit because catalonians are in autodestruction mode.
This is an insult to the law and the constitution.
Not a single western country would be so coward if they had a fucking coup d'etat like Spain did.
I'm angry. A lot of people is.

>in November they won't be able to pay any salary.
Best part will be January, Andorra Boogaloo.

>inb4 some catalan bloke kills the royal family
then what? probably nothing cuz your all half Moroccans waiting for the EU to do something.

Just face it, your shithole of a country will dissolve within your lifetime.

Even we are more skilled at governing semi-autonomous regions than Madrid.

im so eager to see finally all corruption scandals of puyols and company, they are the biggest community rate community of corruption scandals, but they seem blind to it

they can kill the king, but better dont dare to touch leonor, catalonia will be in flames

This is the perfect opportunity to get Gibraltar back.

>pooland
>calling out the shit in another country

but yes, this thing was done like shit. They should have called state of exception and put the fucking army on the streets on 1 october and arrest the seditionists. The thing would have calmed down in a month and we would have had an endless stream of tears

The funniest part is that it has social media sharing links at the bottom.

>Even we are more skilled at governing semi-autonomous regions than Madrid.

lol pooland is just another shithole like ukraine

it's a none country run by jewish mafia and has been since WW2

stream
youtube.com/watch?v=9c_Bac-17Rk

Yeah, and Switzerland, there will be a lot of shit next year.

This is what you get for not stamping out regional identity. If Gaelic was still spoken in Scotland, the 2014 referendum would have gone very differently.

Well considering the PP has a sizable amount of seats in the Catalan Parliament I would be inclined to disagree

Fucking translator can't translate shit

I'm seeing a bunch of tweets from "journalists" saying the Euro is in free fall since the announcement but it's been stagnant for the past hour. What kind of bullshit fear mongering is this?

>run by jewish mafia and has been since WW2

Well, it IS true, but what can we do? :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=FyD9Eq_n-Jk

A reminder why they need to be crushed! Crushed!

I don't even want Catalonia to secede but serious question... is Rajos mentally retarded?

Gov will vote for 155 in Senate on saturdays. The results are already known since the government has a majority in senate and even with only them being for it it would pass.
Nobody knows what this means because article 155 is a "bring everything back to normal" article that was never developed, so it means the 3 (75% of the country votes) big parties are going to negotiate how to apply it

Another gun control success story.

I'm sure he was feeling the pressure, but that was pretty bad. Nothing we don't already know, though. La Vanguardia's quoted Méndez de Vigo as reiterating what Madrid already said: special meeting of ministers on Saturday, they consider Puigdemont's reply to be a non-answer.

Basically no happening. Again. Spain get your shit together!

go away dumb polak kike, you fucks are a laughing stock in yurope

stop pretending like yous are """based""" cuz everyone can see through your crock of bullshit

russians literally assassinated half your government and put you assholes in your place like the cowards you are.

Article 155
If an Autonomous Community does not fulfil the obligations
imposed upon it by the Constitution or other laws, or acts in a way
seriously prejudicing the general interests of Spain, the Government,
after lodging a complaint with the President of the Autonomous Com
-
munity and failing to receive satisfaction therefore, may, following
approval granted by an absolute majority of the Senate, take the
Control of the
bodies of the
Autonomous
Communities
Government
Delegate in
the
Autonomous
Communities
measures necessary in order to compel the latter forcibly to meet
said obligations, or in order to protect the above-mentioned general
interests.
2. With a view to implementing the measures provided in the fore
-
going clause, the Government may issue instructions to all the authori
ties of the Autonomous Communities.

>article 155 of the Spanish constitution.
you guys are fucked

>Catalonia gives time to talk
>Spain just says no and removes autonomy

Catalonia is just getting those sympathy points each time.

>"In the absence of a response in the terms demanded, the Government understands that the request has not been answered and will continue with the procedures established to implement Article 155"

No sauce sorry.

>gives time to talk
>submit or we go independent
That's how they 'talk'.

Go to sleep Rajoy

Fun times ahead

The bad thing is that this article was never elaborated as a law or rule, so the gov is negotiating with the other 2 big parties (not pokemon, they are half indepe shits) how to apply it correctly and to what extent

Spain's position is (was) that they would only agree to dialogue if Catalonia effectively retracted the suspended declaration, which would have taken the form of a 'no' from Puigdemont. Puigdemont deliberately has given ambiguous answers to force Madrid's hand. From one perspective, it's worked quite well: Madrid keeps shooting itself in the foot by taking actions that come off as authoritarian, bolstering the case for Catalan independence.

Some of us don't speak Mexican.

Yep and a coward, the thing is the separatist are even more retarded and coward than him and that it's fucking much

>blahblah I suck cock
>muh oppression
>muh brexit
>totally not a jew

You don't need to, he's a leftard, they all say the same, all the time

tldr: no u. If you declare 155 we declare independence

don't know how it looks from abroad, but now most people want to be authoritarian :)

>we voted independent
>we declared indepenence but totally didn't because prison is scary
>we want dialogue!
>free Soros pawns!
>do what we want or independence

so is this eu threats 2.0? seems like nothing comes from this.

the meme tier referendum is still illegal

how people see catacucks in a good light in this is beyond me desu

They don't deserve independence with that attitude. Just send that faggot to prison so we can all go back to our lives, I'm getting sick of crying leftist on TV every time there's news on Catalonia.

>gib more free money of we declare independence
That's basically what it boils down to.

You say you are sick imagine how we are.

You should have been watching pre october 1st. They set up and occupied schools and places for voting, then went and prepared events for mothers and kids in them, so that when the police would go kick them out and the media was there it would show spanish police against young women and kids for brownie points.
The fact that then they also threw stones and shit at the riot police to provoke even though they had their own kids in the buildings was also great

>making threats when you have zero support left
I'm beginning to wonder if Puigdemont is actually insane

This is how I imagine you are.

Yes, I jelly.

The SENTIMENT, man.

Jokes on you I can't siesta.

Why boner?

They don't even want independence, they just use it as a threat. Quebec does the exact same thing. If they wanted it they'd declare it instead of saying ""enter negotiations or we swear we'll go independent!". Catalonia wants gib me dats, not "freedom"

I'll do it for you, don't worry.

It'll never happen, they've been asking for independence for hundreds of years. They're still under spains control because they're literally next door to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=mt31tCJdsLE

If it wasn't for their proximity they would have sent spain to hell ages ago. They hate being part of them, it's said spain exploits them and saps them like any other colonized territory. Catalonia has been forgotten, while everyone else got their independence they're still chained to their crusty old tyrant who's now bed ridden and soiling himself but is still mean and depraved

So this... is the power of... burger education... Wow...

> We surrender

>Mocking your counties literal oldest Ally
They don't teach you well do they cleetus?
It sure is hard to secede when you have no guns...or army

Thank you for proving my point

He is right though

Fuck the commie antifa faggots

Nope. The Gaelic speaking regions all voted 60%+ for the union. Dundee and glasgow where the only places to vote yes and glasgow not by much. It was very much a post industrial lowlands thing (where gaelic has never been spoken).

You're clueless. Catalonia is as spanish as valencia, aragon, andalucia, murcia and whichever the rest of autonomies be. Historically speaking, its been part of it for just as long. There was never a conquest. Just them wanting privileges so the brugueoise class could still so whatever they wanted and they've been pushing it and blackmailing the rest of spain with secesion for long enough already.

Instead of basing your position on these biased, disparaging summaries, here's a real translation.

Esteemed President Rajoy,

On 1 October, the people of Catalonia decided on independence in a referendum with the endorsement of a high percentage of the electorate—a percentage greater than that which allowed the United Kingdom to begin the Brexit process, and with a greater number of Catalonians than those who voted for the Statute of Catalan Autonomy.

On 10 October, a session of the Catalan Parliament was held to evaluate the results of the referendum and its effects, during which it proposed to suspend the effects of the popular mandate.

I have attempted to foster dialogue, which is what has repeatedly led us to our positions as political and social leaders in Europe and the world at large. With this in mind, in my letter on Monday, I proposed a meeting with you that has yet to take place.

Likewise, my call for a stop to the repression has been ignored. Instead, there has been an increase in repression, leading to the imprisonment of the presidents of Òmnium Cultural and of the National Catalan Assembly, entities with proven civic, peaceful, and democratic track records.

The suspension remains in effect. The decision to apply article 155 rests with the Federal Government, subject to the authorization of the Senate. Despite all these efforts and our willingness for dialogue, should the only response be the suspension of [Catalan] autonomy, it would indicate a lack of awareness of the problem and of a desire to talk.

Finally, if the Federal Government persists in impeding dialogue and continuing its repression, the Catalan Parliament may proceed, if deemed appropriate, to vote in favor of the formal declaration of independence which was not voted [into law] on 10 October.

Respectfully yours,
Carles Puigdemont i Casamajó

Barcelona, 19 October 2017

You have to bleed for independence. If Catalonia is unable/unwilling to do so, they do not deserve independence.

It's pseudo-regional identity at best. I highly doubt the average thot who attends the protest with flags and a painted face would be willing to die for independence. And when you aren't willing to die for your beliefs, you're a phony.

Viva Espana