/jobhunt/ general

How's it going folks?

Filling in my 1000th graduate application at the moment but London is choka block with competition. Tons of other smart, driven graduates want to work here - almost every man and his dog it seems haha.

So, what's the merits of writing something 'out there' and showing a bit of swagger? I.e. In the 'Tell us about yourself ' section writing shit like 'Sex! Now that I have your attention...'. I'm finding it hard to get noticed and I'm really desperate lol :'(.

I mean I even heard a story of some non-stellar student attaching some candy to their resume and being accepted for an interview because of that. So is it worth a shot?

>tfw spent one year to get my easy as shit assoc degree in cs
>boss is trying to get me to join the pathways program with the usda
>other heads of departments within the usda trying to get me to do the same thing but with their dept.
>40k starting in an area where the average rent is 400$
>only been doing this for less than a year
feels good to have everyone clamoring over my dick desu

Nice man, but after being rejected by PwC post-assessment day I'd rather not read success stories haha

sorry, but know that it might happen to you as well have hope brother

I can't get you work in under 24 hours. Pic related.

Come and work with me for the rest of your life at walmart! This will surely survive the upcoming recession.

I don't understand the mindset of being a neet with no skills and just endlessly applying to low level office jobs you'll never get. Whenever I fall into the neet trap I just go work construction for a little bit. A little bit of hard labor clears your head and gets your endorphins pumping. Makes you feel useful.

>Tons of other smart, driven graduates want to work here
apply somewere else moron

>choka block
country bumpkin pls go back to Nottingham or Moss Side wherever the hell you came from. It's chocka! C. H. O. fucking C. K. A!

CHOCKA
H
O
C
K
A

We're full. Always have been, always will be. Go outside the M25 and wait til we call for you. Also good luck

Oh, you're one of those Londoners..

can anyone recommend a "fun" job, even if it pays little? i'm ready to quit my corporate job and i've made/saved enough money that i'd mostly be looking to kill time instead of making money.

>Been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome
>Not many people can tell, extremely high functioning
>Always freeze on self identification section for job application
Should I lie about it? My job hunt has been going slow, and I've been answering truthfully so far

Yup, and you didn't behold my dnbs of truth!

Just saw this at the place we don't mention. 89.9% of UK productivity is outside of London, so don't confine yourself to this place. is also right, I've done manual labour (fitting posh refrigerator rooms lol) to keep busy between jobs. You get money, you don't have to put it on your CV. I signed up with a bunch of temp agencies. I focused my CV on English skills because we both know there are shitloads of foreigners with bad English, and smaller companies regularly don't want to touch them especially with customer facing roles. If you're half good at something, go self employed - stick flyers through doors offering to make their old laptop and desktop work like new - no one wants to drop a monkey on a replacement ipad if they can give you a ton to sort it out instead. And while you do, make sure you let the posh ones know you're up for a more steady job - posh folk can often sign you in over HR calling the job centre up.

Seriously, i felt that feel when I was job hunting. Good luck

pwc generally doesnt accept people fresh out without experience, and ffs if youre actually trying for a position with a similar firm do not write "sex! i have aspergers" etc. on the about me section

post full comiuc pls

Christ, did a street shitter with a tenuous grasp of the English language do the text on that sign?

Just leave it blank.
Don't ask, don't tell as I always say.
They cannot punish you for not telling them.

Also nice pumpkin.

>working
Ew, no thanks

>40kpa
>renting

You're doing something terribly wrong

No. Everyone in HR or management is white.

Come and apply! You keep your humble correspondent company as I've been working overnights here for the past 12 years.

Are you the Walmart breakroom user?

My 2c:

>never ever ever work for free
>grad job is basically the hardest job to get- it's the only one where recruiting is based on a specific yearly schedule, and you have basically zero to offer them
>as a result of this, if you show you can do the shit, and are interested in your spare time (e.g. for dev jobs you show them a ton of Github shit), it goes a long way

Also, get into banking if you can, you make serious $$$, even for things like developer roles or whatever. Plus you learn how to manage money and move it around to make more money, which is a profoundly useful skill

Assets are for fags, your not a goylandlord are you?

We're all breakroom

I'm a grad student.

My advice is don't go to fucking grad school unless you're in the sciences. The humanities are absolute cancer, far worse than even the worst parodies on here would have you believe. I'd know, I'm in them.

A job in a coffee shop is 1000x nicer than this shit.

Also, London is a FUCKING shithole. You'd have to be literally insane to apply there.
If you have a brain, apply to the US institutions, which at least have generous scholarships and don't have quite the same level of nightmare-tier bureaucracy and total supervisor indolence. If you're really smart, you'll apply to Northern Europe - Sweden, Denmark, Norway, etc.

London is a recipe for suicidal thoughts my dude.

I never went for graduate roles. The way they are prepped set up non-over-achieving students to fail. Even if you have a good degree, your still likely to compete for graduate jobs with:
a. all firsts from every uni in the UK
b. all first and 2.1 from every good uni in the UK
c. Europeans with more masters than they can count
This alone means you are seeded lower in the first stage. As for second stage, I went to JP and Deloitte but genuinely lost interest after meeting them.
Just out of curiosity, what's your degree?