Illinois Attempting to ban Assault Weapons

ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=4107&GAID=14&GA=100&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=107988&SessionID=91

>Synopsis As Introduced
>Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful to deliver, sell, or purchase or cause to be delivered, sold, or purchased or cause to be possessed by another, an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge 300 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, except possession of weapons registered with the State Police in the time provided. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits delivery, sale, purchase, or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits the knowing sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a trigger modification device. Defines "trigger modification device". Effective immediately.

Who here is about to lose all of their guns in a tragic boating accident?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/15285?HCommittees10/25/2017-page=1&HCommittees10/25/2017-orderBy&HCommittees10/25/2017-filter&committeeid=0&chamber=H&nodays=7&_=1508339959087
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What guns?

I don't know, I only have my licensed CCW that's already registered to the state police. No other guns. None at all.

This has me legitimately worried because lawmakers can only be counted on to make stupid decisions that go against what the people want. Tell me this shit will die.

I mean, if they pass this, I'll just store all my shit at my family's place in Indiana until I move in a year. Fuck Illinois, seriously.

But fat chance passing this. No one is going to reasonably expect anyone to just "hand in" guns.

>restricting .50 BMG by name
why do people do this? an M82A1 is $10,000

I sure remember all those mass shootings and high profile slayings with the Barrett rifles

>every time
lel. Leftists just hate that Barretts exist so much. The only rifle that triggers them more is the Automatic Rifle 15.

Big bullets are bad user! They kill too goodly. Besides, why do YOU need them anyway?

I blame bullshit like this on the media. If they gave a single fuck about reporting on responsible gun ownership and how all gun owners aren't psychos, bills like this would get laughed out of legislatures.

it's part of the UN disarmament program.

They need to get rid of as many anti material rifles as possible so that insurgents can't disrupt troop movements and resupplies by shooting engine blocks and aircraft engines on take off and landing.

holy fuck how many reps are there in illinois house? there are a ton of cosponsors

>If they gave a single fuck about reporting on responsible gun ownership and how all gun owners aren't psychos, bills like this would get laughed out of legislatures.
the government has to do something, if it doesn't it will be seen as weak and ineffective. it's obvious that banning .50 BMG will do precisely nothing, but they have to be seen as doing something.

>They need to get rid of as many anti material rifles as possible so that insurgents can't disrupt troop movements and resupplies by shooting engine blocks and aircraft engines on take off and landing.
you can do that with a $800 .308 rifle. just shoot the idiot driving the thing once he jumps out for a piss, or shoot the pilot when he's bragging in a bar.

FUUUUUUUCK NOOOOOOO
t. People’s Republic of Illinoisian

Yeah, realistically insurgents all around the world fuck with state militaries well enough without .50 caliber rifles. Shit, the sandies in Afghanistan are still using Mosins and Enfields and shit sometimes.

>bans .50 BMG and .50 AE
Am I supposed to take out the ATF's armored cars with 14.5x114mm or something?

Unless you have steel core 308 it's not going to crack even a timing cover on something like a deuce and a half.

Me and a few friends shot up an old datsun 280z with everything from 380 to 7.62 real fucking NATO.

Managed to crack one exhaust manifold.

>shoot pilot at bar
You really think they won't have backups?

And you cannot predict when and wear a truck driver needs to stop for a piss.

For anyone that lives in Illinois, you can voice your opposition to the bill here.
my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/15285?HCommittees10/25/2017-page=1&HCommittees10/25/2017-orderBy&HCommittees10/25/2017-filter&committeeid=0&chamber=H&nodays=7&_=1508339959087

Good thing I live in Missouri.

tfw ywn fend off home invaders with .50 Beowulf® brand .50 assault boolits

>You really think they won't have backups?
that doesn't matter considering that i've just wasted a guy worth $20,000,000

>And you cannot predict when and wear a truck driver needs to stop for a piss.
that's what ambushes are for.

>FIBs in charge of freedom

What the fuck am I suppose to do with this? The fuck do I click to tell those fucking niggers to fuck off and stop infringing my rights?

Didn't the killdozer guy have one on it? He never actually shot it, but he had it.

That's like the closest thing I can think of.

As long as Rauner is in office, this won't pass. However, I don't think he's going to get a 2nd term. I'm going on a shopping spree over the next year just in case.

In a dream world, the government would tell them to sit down, shut the fuck up, and read the second amendment again. If you don't like it, get out.

That'll never happen though. I live in NY and I hope you guys don't wind up like us. I already called every rep I could about HR 3999 and donated more money to Gun Owners of America, but that's all federal level.

>Unless you have steel core 308 it's not going to crack even a timing cover on something like a deuce and a half.
Y'all ever heard of a radiator before?

If you can pop a hole in that you're golden

>Quick, we need to ban the one caliber that is never used in any murders whatsoever!

Every time.

.499 AE when?

Barrett's got you covered broseph stalin.

>No one is going to reasonably expect anyone to just "hand in" guns.
bill doesnt require such. requires registration of currently possessed items and prohibits future purchase.

also has vague language to ban bump stocks etc
>(i-5) a trigger modification device. For purposes
>21 of this clause (i-5), "trigger modification device"
>22 means any part, or combination of parts, designed or
>23 intended to accelerate the rate of fire of a firearm,
>24 but does not convert the firearm into a machine gun,
>25 including, but not limited to:

Do they honestly expect anyone to register anything? Nobody complies with registrations, and there is no way to force anyone to.

bans "barrel shroud" then defines barrel shroud as any device designed for the off shooting hand to hold without getting burned by the barrel

so basically it bans literally every fucking semi-auto

>.50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge.

So a 160 year old snider ,577 or an 1853 enfieldpercussion musket, brown bess etc are Illegal?

Humm.......spot the flaw

> make .51 cal ammo to troll Illinois

Kek

Reminder that I'm not sober enough to do this myself.

a .577 is not a 50 caliber cartridge thats a 57 caliber cartridge

this is what barret did when california banned 50 cals

Time to buy some guns, need them for a fishing trip on lake Michigan.

Didn't they also refuse to provide maintenance and other such services to the CA police's rifles?

yes

Yes Barrett's policy is that if the common folk can't have them, no one can in the state. Bretty gud if you ask me.

Barretts a pretty cool dude I would buy from them if I could afford it

Based. Too bad I can't afford any of their offerings.

All of them.

BCM did the same thing, Milwaukee police I think it was wanted to order their carbines and Paul said no, because the people who live there can't have the same guns.

It's been a long time ago now that this happened so it may have been a different city.

> "trigger modification devices" vaguely written, could be construed to include such things as fingers and belt loops, after market triggers, etc.
> any magazine over 10 rounds is 'high capacity' and illegal to posses
> .50 cals too spooky, banned
> Barrel shrouds worded such that an M1 Garand stock is a barrel shroud, and thus classified as an assault weapon, pretty much includes all semi-auto firearms.
>.mil/LEO exempt from everything, of course

so pretty much 90s AWB mixed with the liberal wet dreams of 2017. Probably won't go anywhere but not worth the risk.

still no idea what his plan is. that state funded abortion bill is really going to fuck him over in the red areas.

>>.mil/LEO exempt from everything, of course
politicians too

why the fuck are they always going after .50 cal

because
>scary big bullet
>EU plan to remove anti-material rifles from civilian ownership

>Probably won't go anywhere but not worth the risk.
democrats own the house and state senate in illinois. Although the governor is a republican hes signed a lot of democratic laws that contradict his party's beliefs

Saved user

But anything over .50 is considered a DD by the ATF, and needs a tax stamp. Might as well drop the money on a 20mm and plant it at the end of long corridors.

>But anything over .50 is considered a DD by the ATF
I'm pretty sure theres certain exceptions, because there are those Nitro Express bullets and what about 10g slugs?

Sporting clause I believe for some. Some of the others, there's some other reason because they're obscure as fuck.

Comfy in Missouri, too. The best, farthest from IL part.
Still, traitors in other states and the federal level are going to try to pull this same shit sooner or later, so the harder this gets smacked down the better.

Because they'll take anything they can get. Somebody could get sniped with Gramps' .270 and they'll start yelling about ebul sniper rifles and standard cap mags and bumpfire stocks and retracting stocks probably, because they make the evil thing more concealable... and almost every time, they get something more.

>mwf

Damn, I really hope this doesn't go anywhere. I know people from LMT and Rock River and they have been there longer than some these fucks have been in office.

thats when its time for "car accidents" to happen to them

This reminds me that those 4 have a court date tomorrow

>>.mil/LEO exempt from everything, of course
classic

Nice, thanks user.
>As of this post there were 306 Proponents and 646 Opponents.
We need those Opponent numbers way up.

>it dose not belong on our streets
Can someone remake this without the spelling error?

We have a cuck governor, email your reps and get ready.

When people say contact your reps do you email or call? Is sending an email even worth the time? Is there something I should be writing in there or is just using the preformed nra-ira message good enough? If it wasn’t for work I’d leave this shithole but I can’t for a few more years

I'm so glad I bailed on that shit hole years ago.

t. Born and raised near Chicago

The preformed NRA-IRA message is good enough. It lets them know you are paying attention to the issue. They have some garbage formula but the tl;dr is they care if they get enough emails, even predone.

Thanks user. I plan on sending some more of those tonight. We can’t let this shitty state fall or else there will be a few more that follow.

My nigga, I am glad somebody else is of a similar mind.

>.416
It's a rodent gun. I want something in .499.

>my wace fhen

>IRA message
Are you saying the best way to deal with this is car bombs?

Ow! Yowch! The edge!

Daily reminder that it's more dangerous for the average American to visit their doctor than walk the South Side of Chicago

The cronyism and fraud of the AMA murders more A,Erica S every year than guns, wars and car crashes combined. Not only do 250,000-400,000 die from incompetence, many millions more are maimed by highly profitable but dangerous drugs that cure nothing.

Keep your guns, you'll need them to protect yourself from the AMA.

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors