Looking back, were we living in a golden age?

Looking back, were we living in a golden age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFNQhmDLjTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shounen jump garbage for toddlers and edgy teenagers
>golden age

>>>/MAL/

They all had decent starts but over time they got more convoluted and lost their voice. One Piece probably resembles its former self the most but they all kinda became cluttered.

0/10 worst bait of the week

Don't listen to these nerds

It was a great time to get into anime and manga with all of them being decent and popular at one point to hook people in and branch out into watching and reading other things

No, I'm glad it's over

I grew up in the dragon ball era

Unironically, yes. Never thought about it that way.
The anime community will never be as united as back in the early 2000's when the big 3 were actually fun and enjoyable.

I think looking back, people will say OP/Bleach/Naurto all at their peak at the same time really was a golden age.

Yes, but pic unrelated.

It was a great time only because of K-ON! Before it came out, anime was shit.

>it was a great time to be a newfag
Okay, but what does that have to do with whether it was a golden age?

Naruto = Bleach >>>>>>>>>>>>> One Piece

Only the retards amongst us

ahahahhahaha and it still has the best ratings ahahahhaahah yea

Dude what crack are you smoking?
One Piece is the best out of the 3 in my opinion, Bleach being a close second and Naruto just being awful after hitting Shipudden

Ninajs, Pirates, and Spirit Samurais truely this shonen era was one to remember its so sad its ending Ill always remember the HST with all my heart but Dragonballz is still better.

In a sense, yeah.
Jump had a killer line-up of a bunch of really hugely popular series all around the same time like One Piece, Naruto, Eyeshield 21, Bleach, D. Gray Man, Reborn! Prince of Tennis, Black Cat followed by To Love Ru, BoBoBo, Gintama, Shaman King, Hikaru no Go, Yu-Gi-Oh, Rookies, Whistle!, Death Note, and Muhyo and Roji.

Right now though things could be pretty neat, My Hero Academia, Haikyuu, Shokugeki no Soma, Black Clover, Ghost Tits, Samon-kun, Hinomaru Sumo, World Trigger, and Kimetsu no Yaiba all do pretty well and all likely continue to do better (well Sumo if it can get a Kuroko esque anime boost, and World Trigger only if the anime is somehow able to return which seems somewhat doubtful at this point).
Plus, there's a lot of newbies and experienced mangakas that should be coming up in the next few serialization rounds that could be incredibly promising.

No, but we were probably living the perfect "entry level" age when those three shows were rising and at their peak

Golden age of WSJ was like late 80s-early 90s

>Rating and sells mean anything besides a lot of people like it.

Stop.

One Piece is hot garbage and it makes no sense whatsoever. It's shit but fags will hype it up as the second coming of Jesus. One Piece fans would be the worst fandom if western Jojo fans didn't exist.

This right here, get over it Oda's semen slurping squad. Dubs don't lie.

>ghost tits

What?

The only compliant I have on One Piece is not fucking ending anytime soon, but compared to Naruto it's perfect. Jojo is the best thing to ever come out of Japan, so whatever. Opinions n' shit.

Western jojo fans are the best fanbase

>mangakas
Come on, nigger.

Also, the competing magazines Weekly Shonen Sunday and Weekly Shonen Magazine had some heavy hitters as well.

Sunday had Inuyasha, Karakuri Circus, Gash Bell, Strong Disciple Kenichi, Law of Ueki, Yakitate!! Japan, MAR, and Kekkaishi.

Magazine had Great Teacher Onizuka, Love Hina followed by Negima, Rave, Getbackers, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Cromartie High School, Air Gear, School Rumble, Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle, and Suzuka.

Honestly, Magazine's lineup was as good as Jump at the time imo.

>in a golden age?
2 years ago?

Yuragi sou no Yuuna-san.
It's known as Ghost TIts online, it's this supernatural ecchi harem comedy that may or may not become a battle manga later on.

>Bleach being a close second
Whoa-holy shit
Bleach has the worst ending.
Has a 7 year long Arrancar arc.
Has a character who is literally every single magic race in the series.
Get's the equivalent of being manga axed
Get's anime axed

Bleach is worse than Naruto by leaps and bounds from earth to the moon

Are you high? It's Snk and OP-tier.

Says the narutard

>but compared to Naruto it's perfect. Jojo is the best thing to ever come out of Japan

>There are people who unironically believe this

>LE WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY LOL

Honestly, you're probably right. I think have an unfair biased against Naruto. I just can't stand it after Shipudden and the countless weebs from school that would defend it no matter what.

I'm a Bleachfag and I admit One Piece is better, hell today's chapters proved the difference between them so clearly.

>Bleach ends with with no resolvement for a LOT of the side cast.
>One Piece acknowleges something that occured like 6-8 arcs ago and has it become part of the ongoing plot.

Oda's honestly the better writer and never forgets his cast even though it's just as big as Bleach, if not bigger. I like Kubo cause of his style and his interesting ideas, but definitely not his writing.

>Only one of the "Big Three" remains
What will be the next biggest thing, Sup Forums? Will Jump lose its impact on the industry?

The sun will set forever
Never to rise again
And in the coming darkness
We‘ll fight to the bitter end
Our legend passed from memory
It‘s time to turn the page
The sun has set, now night is falling
Never again to hear the calling
The sun has set upon the shounen age

Nothing in the current Jump has a chance of blowing up like the big 3 unless Hero Academia starts doing much better.

Also, something the Big 3 had and what modern WSJ don't have is an actual ongoing anime. Those did wonders for growing fanbases.

I thought Attack on Titan was gonna be the next Big 1 before realizing the 2nd season will never come out.

Battle shonen are aweful, if anything they ruined anime forever

Pierrot needs to step up their game, then.

A part of me is actually glad they don't make 100+ episodes adaptations with a shit ton of filler, while another part misses it. Is this nostalgia?

AoT is in a monthly shounen magazine

You are aware battle shounen has been around since like the 60s right?

AoT isn't even half as entertaining as anything in the OP.
And when it shits the bed it leaves skid marks.
Reading a Togashi wall of text each page is better than enduring entire chapters of AoT

People hate ongoing shounen adaptations, but the thing is that they are necessary to reach that larger demographic both in Japan and internationally. Heck the only reason Naruto is even still running and doing filler up the ass is because Pierott needs the filler to pretend it's still relevant and so they can buy enough time eventually adapt Boruto

>Boruto
Is Boruto even popular, to begin with? I don't think it's even near to reaching Naruto's popularity.

Then again, nothing is, except for One Piece (which is kind of its own tier in popularity).

I'm not too crazy about it, but it sparked a bunch of people to start watching anime. Although AoT was probably the only one they watched.

>>Is Boruto even popular, to begin with?
Didn't it reach #1 in tank sales last month or something?

AoT is like Harry Potter; it doesn't make people want to consume more of the same medium, it only makes them want to consume more of the exact same product.

Harry Potter didn't make kids want to read, because kids just wanted to read more Harry Potter.

Yes

~2008 Sup Forums was the best. Weekly shitstorms of Wan Piss before it was shit, Nardo, and Blreachu. Also D.Gray-man and Hunter x Hunter Ant Arc finale.

I enjoy One Piece more than the other two

It's about as popular as people expected a monthly naruto spinoff not by Kishimoto would be. Not nearly as popular as the original, but still popular in its own right.

>Japanese 12 year old on a Monday morning in 2004
>Robin's been kidnapped and CP9 and Luffy is preparing to wage war on the World Government! Holy shit!
>Holy fuck! These Chuunin Exams are fucking dope!
>USA has been introduced? Holy shit
>This Soul Society shit is so kick-ass!
>The final arc is now? Huh, the series has been kind of eh for a bit, but this should be hype! Hopefully he doesn't screw it up... It used to be so great.
>The final battle in ancient egypt, fuck man, I'm hyped!
>D. Gray Man seems pretty cool so far for a new series!
>Reborn! is kind of meh though for a new comedy... Might be cool if these mafia kids start fighting each other though!
>BoBoBo is so weird...
>Gintama is so weird... My old brother likes it though!
>The final battle in ancient egypt, fuck man, I'm hyped!
>>I never read PoT so I can't be a Japanese 12 year old for this one
>Death Note is this weird series my brother likes and even my dad started reading. I don't really get it though.
>Muhyo and Roji is this new series that is weird and creepy like Death Note but it's cool for kids my age I guess! Hopefully my dad and brother will read this one with me!

>Japanese 12 year old on a Monday morning in 2016
>Wow! Superhero exams with all the other school! This is super hype!
>Woah! The two boyfriends being separated is intense! When they get back together after training with these respective groups of elites they're going to be so much stronger!
>Ha! They're just going to keep showing up these examiners! Soma is sugoi!
>Huh, they just get back and there's already another attack? Well, alright I guess.
>This is really funny but my mom won't let me read it.
>It looks really cool but there's too much girly stuff!
>RED HOT BLOODED YOUTH YEAH!
>Can they just go to the neighbor worlds already?
>Meh, Zig-Zag should have serialized instead...

>Harry Potter didn't make kids want to read
Harry Potter is literally what introduced me to the magic of books.

Meant these particular ruined anime, in the sense that they became massively popular despite having minimal plot and appeal to the lowest common denominator of fans.

Nothing will ever blow up like the big 3.
The internet and general technological innovation of this decade has really fucked over the manga industry.
It's honestly crazy that Jump series still sell as well as they do.

Also, most of the big up and comers in Jump right now are still too young for an anime. Give it time.

The first volume has been selling pretty well, over 100k last time I checked.
Not selling as good as Naruto, obviously, but better than most new series.

Poor kids will never know true anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=EFNQhmDLjTk

You feeling nostalgic yet, user?

Western JoJo fans are fucking unbearable.

Eh, give it time.
Jump will have a lot of good titles coming up.
I expect World Trigger, Saiki, and Kimetsu to be causalities next year when a massive onflux of new hit series start up.
2017 will be a brilliant year for Jump.
One Piece, My Hero Academia, Haikyuu, and Shokugeki no Soma will be the established works holding down the fort.
Black Clover will be soaking up all the popularity its new anime will bring.
Hinomaru Sumo will probably finally get an anime and hopefully come with a massive Kuroko no Basuke esque boost.
Samon and Ghost Tits will continue to build up fans.
And we'll be seeing a flurry of hugely successful manga join the ranks of the magazine bringing Jump into a new golden age.

>Naruto is over
>Bleach is over
>Hayate no Gotoku! is ending soon
>Gintama is ending soon
>Oh my Goddess! is over
>Golgo 13 is ending soon after 50 years
>Kenichi is over
>Claymore is over
>Gantz is over
>Negima is over (though there's UQ)
>Air Gear is over
>Soul Eater is over
>Hitman Reborn is over
>FMA is over

I'm scared, guys. So much popular stuff has ended in recent years, it's not even funny. Even stuff we thought would go on forever has ended. Are we entering a new era?

Even more recent, popular stuff like KamiNomi, Nisekoi and Kuroko have ended.

Black Clover is getting it's anime announcement next week.
The newest Jump issue is teasing the announcement of a new anime adaptation and the only series with a new chapters and popularity for adaptation right now are Black Clover and Hinomaru Sumo, it's obviously going to be Black Clover though.

With the end of Bleach, the end of Naruto, the imminent end of Toriko, and the HxH guy cracking up again, UQholder going monthly, and Berzerk slowing down even more I do kind of feel like its the end of something.

The 00's were the era of fighting shounen shit.
The 10's are the era of 2D Idol shit.

but I don't like that

looking back, these shitty anime will cause a bunch of retard autists to say anime and manga are dead

>Big 5 of Jump lineups every 5 years
>One Piece
>Naruto
>Bleach
>Prince of Tennis
>Hikaru no Go

>One Piece
>Naruto
>Eyeshield 21
>Bleach
>Reborn
>D. Gray Man

>One Piece
>Naruto
>Kuroko's Basketball
>Toriko
>Bakuman

>One Piece
>My Hero Academia
>Haikyuu
>Black Clover
>Shokugeki no Soma

>things end
Wow, what a fucking shock.

reminder that one piss is dead

Do you live in a fantasy world?

>I born during this and since I'm the center of the universe is clearly the golden age

See Look at that line-up.
Jump was in a golden age in the early 00's.

nostalgia is dangerous

>Jump had a killer line-up of a bunch of really hugely popular series
>Black Cat
>Whistle!
>Muhyo and Roji.

All three are within Jump's top 50 best selling series.

>Great Teacher Onizuka, Love Hina, Rave, Getbackers, Samurai Deeper Kyo
These are all from the 90's and only GTO was good
>Negima, Air Gear, School Rumble, Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle, and Suzuka.
These were also terrible.

BC and Muhyi and Roji were axed.

So?
So was Shaman King and Reborn! nobody tries to claim those weren't at one time very popular.

>So was Shaman King and Reborn!
Their volume count were double the amount of both