Why doesn't Spain just give Catalonia their damn official referendum...

Why doesn't Spain just give Catalonia their damn official referendum? If they vote for independence you no longer have to hear their whining. If they vote to stay then that will shut the separatists up for a while. It's what happened with the Scots. There was some talk of a second referendum after the Brexit vote but the governing pro-independence party in Scotland saw how hugely unpopular the proposal was and dropped any plans for one in the near future.

Because they depend on us

/thread

They don't want to be the new Greece.

Because fuck you that's why.

It's illegal.

Because 1: You can't allow any retard to break the law just because they say they're special, somehow, and 2: they already have local elections to choose their local government, representatives in the Senate and a fuckton of special treatment.

>Contributes less than 19% of the GDP
Yeah, sure. How are those 52,499 million euros you owe to the Spanish central government treating you? And how about all those companies leaving the region because of your retardation? What about the Bank of Sabadell? I guess it's the bank of Alicante now.

>If they vote to stay then that will shut the separatists up for a while. It's what happened with the Scots.
This
Outight declaring independence is illegal
Voting in a referendum isn't

We can't owe our own money. If Spain robs 10% of our entire GDP and then loans us the money that's a very jewy trick.
And btw the Sabadell bank headquarters is in Barcelona, I've seen it this morning and it hasn't moved.

Single handedly organizing a voting and wasting public money for the sole purpose of altering the public order in order to ask for more power is, as a matter of fact, totally illegal.

Do you even know how the economy works? If you think your hypothetical government wouldn't rob you of your money you really need to wake up. Because yes, Catalonia owes a ton of money to the central Spanish government. Debt money. A debt they've acquired because your retarded local government wastes a ton of OUR money, and by our I mean mine and yours and every other Spaniard's money, in their brainwashing campaign.

And the Sabadell Bank headquarters is still there because Barcelona is part of Spain.

>Do you even know how the economy works?
Yes, I know that the spanish goverment's debt is 100% of the total GDP of Spain while the debt of the Generalitat is 35% of the total GDP of Catalonia and 70% of this is in the hands of the central goverment. You're the bearers of the debt, not us, so we have no obligation to pay it.
>And the Sabadell Bank headquarters is still there because Barcelona is part of Spain.
Nice comeback after your failure of saying it is in Alacant.

That's not how it works. At all. But sure, let's say you go your merry way to your utopic country of happiness and rainbows and you stop paying. Now, tell me something. Then what? Where are you gonna get money to pay salaries? Because, let me remind you, that your bank accounts are in the country you owe tons of money to. And they would get frozen if you don't pay. Immediately. Then what? Are you gonna ask for money elsewhere? Who's gonna lend any money to a country that doesn't pay their debts? What then? Are you gonna make your own money? How much is it gonna be worth?

>Nice comeback
It actually is. The point is that they're still there only because they're still in Spain. They'd become the Bank of Alicante for real the very second you became your hypothetical country.

Spain isn't some cuckold democracy. Catalonia is their kings property.

>Thousands of companies moving the sede social because they want the safety of Spain and the rest of the EU
>Ships choosing to use Valencia port instead of the Barcelona one
>Tourism fell to the bottom, taxis and hotels in panic
>The EU already told you to stop being little shits
>Companies losing millions for a silent boicot by spanish people
>BUT WE WILL BE BETTER ALONE! ELS SEGADORS!

You're absolutely clueless about everything and I don't know where to start. You seem to think that commercial banks are the ones who lend money to countries and that goverments have bank accounts in other countries and wtf retard fix your brain.

Are you fucking stupid per any chance? It means they are now paying taxes to Madrid instead of Barcelona, it doesn't mean they just move the building with them.

I would love to find that video from Ukraine maidan, that is almost identical to this catalonian one.

This

>so we have no obligation to pay it.

The mental gymnastics to achieve this state is worth applauding. If catalonia secedes Spain is gonna have it rough, but Catalonia is gonna be in the fucking shit and you guys still refuse to face it.

Because Catalonia does not belong to the Catalans alone, it belongs to all Spain

Ok, allow the referendum, but it must be a NATION WIDE referendum asking every citizen of Spain if they are ok with secession or not

Fucking retard the impuesto de sociedades already goes to the central goverment directly, only in Euskadi and Navarra they can keep it.

Spain doesn't rob you anything idiot, you are part of a fucking country
In every country there are regions wealthier than others, and that fact should never be grounds for a secession
>BUT MUH "CULTURE"
>BUT MUH "LANGUAGE"
Kill yourself

They offered that same deal to Catalonia and you said no-no

>commercial banks are the ones who lend money to countries
They totally do. They're not the only ones to do so, but they do.

>that goverments have bank accounts
They absolutely do, you retard. What do you think, that the money magically materializes somewhere just because they're countries?

>in other countries
The point, retard, is that IF the Catalan government got their own country, their bank accounts would immediately be located in a different country: SPAIN.

Honestly hope Spain scorches Catalonia before letting it go.

It won't end there. As soon as Catalonia becomes independent, they'll build an army, they'll align with the British and they will start tempting Valencia, Baleares and other Catalan-ish parts of Spain to join them in a Catalan Federation.

The only way we'd want Valencia is if we nuke it first

Maybe you won't, but your new daddy the UK will want it

Kinda jealous of you, the UK-Portugal-Catalan Federation encircling Iberia would be kind of based desu

What is a cuckhold democracy? Can you explain?

> Give me money for referendums and embassies and pro-independence propaganda, because I belong to Spain

> Don't take my money with taxes to build hospitals and schools and services everyone can enjoy because I am not part of your country!

are you by any chance walloon?

>If they vote for independence you no longer have to hear their whining.
Wrong. They voted a referendum if they wanted a referendum back in 2014. They lost it. By the way, the president of the Generalitat of that time has to pay a fine of 5 million euros, still 3 left and only has 2 weeks.

The thing is that their culture and their language are already protected by the constitution. This is all about their local government wanting even more power. Nothing else. It makes me sad to see some people being totally ok with this.

>schools
They already got the money to write indoctrination books for their kids, though.

>The mental gymnastics to achieve this state is worth applauding.
The funny thing is, this delusion that they can somehow escape the gigantic debt they owe to Madrid is most likely the main reason why Puigdemont started this circus in the first place.

>t. inbred sepratist

I always see this argument, but I still dont understand how anybody could just think "its illegal" and thats it.
Spain can either:
-Suppress Catalonia at an increasing cost, further alienate the population and make them independent after 10 years of de facto direct control
-Give them a referendum and let them stay with the independence movement dead for the next decades
-Give them a referendum, lose and build a better relationship together, which eases the transitioning for both parties

The law is not reality and if you dont change the laws accordingly the state will go down with it.
See: Every other independence movement ever.

Spain is catalonia.

In their logic if they became independent they would not have to pay Spain and EU any debt, and if they had they would refuse. And they also thought they would still be in EU and receive gibs from both EU and Spain. And that they would become the "Switzerland of the Mediterranean". I wish I was joking.

Catalonia has no international support, from anywhere. It's a prosperous region, which means the population has a LOT to lose in a struggle for independence. Catalans have no weapons at all. Most Catalans don't even want independence in the first place and are getting so sick and tired of this whole thing that literally no one showed up at today's rallies.
Catalonia has none of the things that are needed to have a successful independence movement. They will never be independent.

Any legitimate referendum would require voting from all of Spain and not just one region. They would get btfo in any legitimate voting process

Democracy is cuckery by itself.

Making voting illegal makes you the enemy of all democratic nations. Spain should be embargoed for this attack on democracy.

If a civil war start i will go voluntarily fight for Spain