Everywhere else? One Punch Man or SAO.

Monoshitari series

Nah mate.

Saiki Kusou

Boku no Reddit Academy

>gintama
>overrated
if anything its underrated
it deserves to be a lot more popular than it is, shame western tv doesn't want to broadcast it to kids or it would be

It gets shit on pretty regularly, and rightfully so.

Rurouni Kenshin.

Pokemon
Db super
Gintama

Gintama underrated. so funny.
Overrated scores at MAL with few members.
Definition of overrated right there.

/thread

>he gives a shit about MAL scores
sales/views are the only thing that matter
a bunch of weebs online really liking Gintama and posting about it on a shit tier website does not make it overrated

This

>Sup Forums shitposting agian
BnHA is the best current runnig shonen right now, u fag, fuck off!

Never seen it
is it better or worse than GT?

Considering watching it just for the Nostalgia of watching DragonBall

>18 replies and still no Evangelion
stop pretending Sup Forums

Steins Gate

>Steins Gate
This

I think people just forgot about it honestly, no one gives a shit any more and the fans aren't as in your face about it in the last few years

definitely
it's good, but not worthy of the praise it gets

>The best work of art the medium has put out
>Not even top 10 in most anime sites

I don't think you understand what overrated means.

Hahaha such poor bait but I'll reply just to laugh at your butthurt.

Everywhere you go seeking for anime discussion discusses eva really actively even after more than 20 YEARS. Every fucking anime youtuber does at least a video on Eva because that's an easy way to get a fuckton of views. Eva is as relevant as it has always been.

The last rebuild movie is probably the most anticipated movie in the history of anime.

If that's not what a timeless masterpiece is then I don't know.

Keep being buttblasted at the fact that you have the shitiest of tastes and that eva has yet to be topped.

One Piece

The sheer fact that you are baiting eva fans in 2016 is in itself proof of how relevant it is.
On the other hand, I find really sad that this is just proof of how shitty and stagnant the medium is to the point where it has failed to move a 20 year old anime from the vanguard. With a medium this young I find this really worrysome.
Imagine if films from the 50s where still state of the art by the 70s. Everyone would have claimed cinema's death.

Dragon Ball Z

Correct

Incorrect

Gurren lagan, kill la kill.

WINRAR

this
TTGL is so overrated it's not even funny

Death Note

>He has an opinion I don't like HE MUST BE FROM Sup Forums!!!!!
Grow up. And yes, BnHA is shit.

>Kenshin ends up on netflix
>watch a few episodes
>quickly realize how gimped it was and swap to the manga

I only watched about 12 episodes, does the anime get any better? It just feels like it drained all the tension from the series.

>the vanguard
>state of the art
What are you even trying to say?

Nanoha

>Imagine if films from the 50s where still state of the art by the 70s.
You realize Citizen Kane is from the 40s, right?

Toradora

It was not state of the art 20 years later is my point. It was regarded as a classic a good flick of times past.

Eva is not just a classic.

You're going to have to tell me what "state of the art" and "classic" mean to you, then. Especially the former, because state of the art seems like a dumb term to use in the context of media.

With state of the art in this context i meant something that is pushing the medium, that transforms it, that makes it more sofisticated, that uses it more adequately, etc. You know, something that is state of the art.

As for classic I'm not gonna answer what I intended to convey with that word. You're just being avoidant of the actual point made in my post.

The problem with anime is that it's very expensive to make compared to live action, and is also something very few people like. Expensive production+few fans means that you simply have to make something that a big portion of the audience will buy to make any money. And people don't buy experimental stuff.
There are also few talented creators, and there is no indie scene of note due to the high cost of making anime.

Welcome to the NHK
Tatami Galaxy

This is the problem. Many anime are simply tropes reproduced in a different setting and with different character models.

Cute girls are here to stay, because making that shit is easy, at least thematically.

if it would be more popular and had more people watching it, more people would shitpost about it and call it bad. only diehard Gintama fans watch that show

Your mom is so overrated it's not even funny.

Shigatsu and I'll never change my mind.