20 years later, this series continues to be everyone's childhood favorite and a classic...

20 years later, this series continues to be everyone's childhood favorite and a classic. What is it about it that made it so brilliant? What was your favorite part? Will it ever get a reboot without an annoyingly high pitched voice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0VetD7BrW-g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv0ZWE_kCM
youtube.com/watch?v=63UceXudIhY
youtube.com/watch?v=fcM07ajr89c
youtube.com/watch?v=pmjlWQn8mhI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipt-m-M69RU
youtu.be/jBrXIGizHQw?t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=CeVbbiCrgWo
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvf7QLYD89o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>everyone's childhood favorite
Not mine.
Yes, I did watch it when I was a child.

It's like happiness in a pill to me. Good always prevails, everyone's nice and friendly, the colouring is bright and happy. There's a little more to it though. You have stuff like the episode with the notghost of Sakuras dead mum.
It captures that innocence of childhood really well. It takes you back to a simpler time.

Sakura was everyone's first childhood crush and they continue to view this series (indeed, nearly all anime) through this childlike, occasionally nostalgic lens

I like it as much as the next fellow, but I'm pretty sure it's just nostalgia goggles.
Still think it's a pretty solid show.

This and this

Anime is very visually appealing. Showing full well the fantastical feel of magic.

Not to mention the 90's visual appeal.

I still haven't seen it yet.

I didn't watch anime as a kid. At all.

>What is it about it that made it so brilliant?
Sakura a cute.

SAKURA IS SUCH A FUCKING CUTIE JESUS CHRIST MAN I JUST WANT TO HUG HER SO HARD SHE EXPLODES CHRIST MY FUCKING HEART
Show is pretty good

If you can get pass the fact that it's rather old looking for nowadays standards, it's a pretty good show.
Not a must watch, but definitely worth your time.

I won't lie, it is as said.
Even as a kid, I always viewed it because Sakura was just too cute. It was always pretty relaxing to see her doing magic stuff.

This too. I think it might have one of my favourite OPs ever. youtube.com/watch?v=0VetD7BrW-g

Everything about it is visually appealing.

What is it about her that makes her so much cuter than all the others though?

>liking Sakura in 90's
>are you gay?
>liking Sakura in 10's
>fucking pedo

But I thought Sakura in English was absolute shit?

I agree. Although I prefer the japanese versions, the first opening is my favourite. Third one gives me a more nostalgic feel though.

>It was always pretty relaxing to see her doing magic stuff.
I know right?

That's the only version I could find on youtube other than the spanish ones. It's nostalgiac to me too.

As an adult there's something grandoise and whimsical about her magic. There's no dark and edgy shit behind it, no TWEEEEEST, just pure magic.

But that 120+ GB HD Sakuras tho

For the life of me I can't get over just how endearing Sakura is.

I never watched as kid but It is really fucking good show.

Yeah, it's more happy go lucky, but that doesn't hold the show back in any way. If anything, it makes it better.
Not to mention having Tomoyo's wardrobe, am I right?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv0ZWE_kCM

>Not to mention having Tomoyo's wardrobe, am I right?

This. Seeing Sakura dressed up in such a wide variety of outfits is so endearing. CLAMPs character design was spot on.

THE SECRETS OF THE CLOW

Oh, I'm definitely going to, I just put it off a while.

I want to deny it but I'm the kind of person who watched seasonal or very recent anime when I started watching it, and I'm a slow watcher, so in the 6 years since I started watching in 10th grade I've only seen about 200 series, not including manga.

Any news from the Clear arc anime announcement? Will it be just Clear arc animated or a full manga adaptation?

Well, I don't watch many old shows, but stuff like CCS and Shaman King, which I remember watching as a kid, I went out of my way to watch after I understood what anime is.

I've seen many people complain about CLAMP's character designs, but I think it's because of CCS that I actually really like them. Even in stuff like Code Geass I thought they were great.

Sakura was such a pure and healthy show for children. Even though it was so innocent, the way they handled interpersonal relationships was so realistic. There was never a bad guy and even as an adult, rewatching it makes me forget about the cynical nature of things and just takes me to a comfy place.

So it's not because you guys actually want to -be- in her shoes or anything like that right?

I don't see why people dislike Geasses character designs. Lelouch being a skinny faggot suits him. He's an epic rusemaster whose skills lie in stratergy and manipulating others instead of getting down and dirty himself.

Of course not because everyone here is alittle girl already.

We gotta make our shit now, i could see all anons cosplaying each one of these

Not really. It's like what said. It takes us back to a more simple time.

To be honest, I don't see Code Geass being designed any other way. It just fits the show so damn well, even though CLAMP doesn't part take in many shows like that.

I'm sure someone already did.

I dunno. Clamp relationships always did seem fantastical to me.

But yeah, I liked how no one was the villian in their relationships. Like the tension between Tomoyos mum and Sakuras dad wasn't because one of them was evil and abusive, it was just because they had some shitty circumstances with Sakuras mum dying.

DUMB

As a child, she was seriously my role model.
I wanted to be like her so badly and it ended up being a really good thing for me. By trying to be like her, I truly became more selfless and an overall happy person.
Even now, the phrase "In the end, everything will be alright" is something extremely important to me that I wholeheartedly believe during stressful times.

Not to mention the "relationship" between Touya and Yukito, if you know what I mean.

I want to marry her, not to be in her shoes.

Tomoyo was in love with Sakura but she never let it affect their friendship or resented the fact that it would never be requited. To me, that's more realistic than most new slice of life dramatic shows.

I want to pick up sakura off the floor and use her as a fleshlight

youtube.com/watch?v=63UceXudIhY

This is the cutest ed ever.

I appreciated that too. No overwrought drama, just a simple friendship. Tomoyo is a true bro.

She's one of the few characters I can't view as waifu material. I wouldn't mind having a daughter like her though.

This.

Everything. I've been taking screenshots from episodes I'm watching just because I find the scenes/backdrops to be so beautiful.

Also I'm pretty sure JK Rowling watched the episode where Sakura sees her dead mom due to the illusion card, and she stole that shit and turned it into the mirror where Harry sees his dead parents at the end of the first book.

A dead parent that somehow makes its way into the plot through flashbacks or magical devices is great. I love how Sakura's mom appears as a ghost, but only very rarely in a few eps. It would have been lame if it happened often.

Fantastical aside, their relationship was two best friends who slowly realized that they were gay and that it wasn't a big deal. Kind of how like it should be if sjws hadn't fucked everything up by spreading the idea that it's a big deal.

Damn, that HD

But yeah, content creators always take a little of something already made anyway so it's great possibility that is true

Even he ended up being such a good character. Even if he started as just the rival troupe.
As much as we all drooled over Sakura, no one could ever resent him for being the love interest in the end

I can't possibly see Sakura as a daughter. She was literally my first crush after all.

What was everyone's favorite card?

I fell in love in love with Sakura when i was a kid and untill this day nothing on Earth has make me feel that way.
The show itself also captures the mistical feeling of magic perfectly, the good visuals, art and powerfull OST all fit and help to inmerse you.
It also gave me a somewhat high standar for shows and made me somewhat idealistic in what to expect from a relationship of any kind.
No, i wanted to meet her and be a friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=fcM07ajr89c

AI Ai AI Yukito ~

Damn. More pls

Why did they have to make toya a gay? He was fine just being sister complex

I agree.

I too had a crush on her when I was a kid, but now that I'm older, things have changed. I actually didn't remember the show, just the fact that I really liked this particular character.

WTF did the Portuguese do to Kero's voice.

Latino Sakura > Philippino > Jap > English reboot > American

Flower.
She just wanted to make everyone happy.

In a sense, even if i didn't realised it back then, i was like Tomoyo.
Watching the one you love happy and being happy for her.

Yeah, it's one of those cases where they disregard the source because "hey, that guy does a funny monster voice"

CCS is the perfect anime.

Lmao at Kero's voice.

No idea, but it didn't seem out of place or anything. If anything, I think it's a nice touch, the fact that they had this gayish relationship but, at the same time, the show didn't spend too much time building upon it, it was just there.

That's fine, but i don't see her as
>waifu material
Especially after the degradation of the concept.
I just like her.

As a kid, The Dash.

my childhood favorite was yugioh

I remember, as a kid, that Cartoon Network aired CCS late at night, 3AM~, as reprise. And it was the only time I could watch.

I wish I could live again those late nights, alone watching CCS, that magic feeling inside me, gazing over the moon after the episode.

And speaking of OST i never got tired of hearing this.
youtube.com/watch?v=pmjlWQn8mhI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipt-m-M69RU

Actually, that was the brazilian dub. I don't know how it is, but the actual portuguese dub is rather bad. Sakura's voice is too high pitched and, as much as it makes sense, they made the character dialogues and voices too childish.

Never thought about it, but if I had to pick one at the top of my head, I'd say Shadow. She could use it in combination with other cards for good effect.

As a girl, I had a crush on both Li and Sakura. His love was so pure from the start and the way he tried to understand his feelings was so endearing

youtu.be/jBrXIGizHQw?t=16s

The BGM really brings back the feels

Yeah, I get where you're coming from.
>I just like her.
I guess it's more like this.

is that the angel of HOPE?

>As a girl

LO-

Ah whatever. Sakura/Shaoron OTP

I mean they're both about magic cards so close enough

I wonder why, even though i "lost" to Lee i still like him.

>Not available in USA
;__;

Both these OST's are so good, and bring back such a nostalic feeling.
Am I the only one who automatically starts playing Sakura's voice saying "Go back to the form you once had..." in my head?

Also, this:
youtube.com/watch?v=CeVbbiCrgWo

If you think hard enough about it, Yami was a boy's equivalent of Sakura.

Cardcaptor Sakura by KyoAni, would Sup Forums watch it?

If it had been made my KyoAni, it definitely wouldn't have been the same, but I believe I would have watched it anyway.

>Am I the only one who automatically starts playing Sakura's voice saying "Go back to the form you once had..." in my head?
In my case it would be Regresa a la forma humilde que mereces

The only problem is the sameface

I would, but it would never be on the same level and i probably would find something that doesn't fit.

Well, I watched in jap, so that's what I hear, but yeah you get it.

>Just as innocent but not ditsy
>The way he treated Meiling's feelings
>Not annoying
>No drama/dark past/mysterious- just realistic
>Actually funny
>Independent and mature
>Actually caring
>Flawed
>Loved her and cared for her more than anything

He was like a perfect tsundere boy without the annoying bits of the troupe

The biggest chance in the universe got dropped

Guess what i am talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=Mvf7QLYD89o

>12 episodes
>they introduce two Original Characters and spend half the episodes focusing on them
>new original plot line
>just for the pretty animation

The rain,i loved her outfit and i always liked playing outside during rainy days, the water in my face and the smell of the earth are something special.

My first anime was in Starblazers 1978. I find nothing spectacular about CCS. I think the art was cute though.

First episode, Sakura can't go to school with rollers because her legs are too bended for the moe appeal, then she tries to get her sneakers, but her fingers are too pandering today.

I usually hate KyoAni and sameface style so much. But the bubbly shape of the face/eyes is what matches Sakura the most. Unfortunately, I feel like the art direction would not be nearly as good.
It'd be like HxH 1999 and 2011. Good animation but ruining the backgrounds and atmosphere

Although he does fall into the tsundere archetype, I believe that's not actually what he was supposed to be like. He was just a kid and didn't know how to deal with those kinds of emotions, which actually makes sense.
Nonetheless, that pretty much sums up why he was a good character.

completely off topic but I love this abridged.

Good dub.

I don't know why so many people say that Sailor Moon is the magical girl anime of their childhood when CSS as a much better story and characters.

Because Sakura is literally the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Considering the CCS part already passed by, forget it, if anything maybe in 5 years for the 25th one, be glad that they decided to revive the manga..........

and things aren't looking well....

I love this show, but I don't think I'll ever read/watch the remakes. I'm pretty sure they'll stain my feelings towards this show.

>It'd be like HxH 1999 and 2011. Good animation but ruining the backgrounds and atmosphere
Damn, as much as I hate to admit, this seems accurate enough. What made the 1999 HxH so good was the way it presented the atmosphere especially at the yorknew city arc.

Summed up what I came to anime for at the time: pure expressions of joy. Anime can do a lot more for me but at the time just being made to feel happy was all I needed.

hold me