UBW

Was it a good or bad adaption?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8EQ69A9M9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ8Jgt8MwI
youtube.com/watch?v=BqL7wJAvk4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was good, now stop asking and learn to make your own god damn opinions.

Good adaptation of worst route.

It was good. Slick animation and decent writing that managed to parse through the eldritch tome that is the Nasuverse.

It needed more digital effects and CGI.

This.

The source material is shit to begin with so meh.

>worst route

>sakurafags

Way more satisfying than the anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=S8EQ69A9M9Y

Definitely improved on the pile of shit that was Nasu's VN. Made it almost enjoyable.

Well meme'd, my friendo.

It was a faithful translation

The mistake was trying to tie it that much with Zero which is actually somewhat competently written whereas Stay Night is a bloated cringefest at least twice as long as it had any right to be.

Best parts of the Fate franchise are those not written by Nasu and this is indisputable truth.

>improved

Definitely improved it with all the Adobe After Effects abuse and making Berserker look like a chum in the first battle.

Like Fate/Apocrypha?

He's obviously talking about Grand Order

Haven't touched that yet but both Urobutcher and Narita are better writers than Nasu. Kaleid Liner is pretty nice too, but with slightly different criteria.

I'll never understand why some people prefer Nasu's garbage action scenes to ufotable's, or why they think every scene in the VN will work well for animation just by copying and pasting exactly what happens in the VN.

>Nasu's garbage action scenes

I hope you're not implying the Saber vs Lancer fight in the anime was any good.

It was the best adaptation anyone could ask for. But it's still just an adaptation of some really garbage source material.

manchild Shirou, worst girl. terrible pairing.

muh rin and shirou beating gil

Are you sure about that? After seeing the actual sight of the clock tower, I've lost every respect for Nasuverse. It's like another fucking magic academy shit in every shitty anime about magic ever, nothing more. Eldritch is an absolute overstatement.

You had a lot of respect for the Nasuverse?

Animation in the VN?

The text descriptions. Shirou vs Gil is very different.

Action scenes were great but overall the tone was a little off. It tried too hard to transplant F/Z's gloom onto an action movie route, which doused a lot of what made it great. UBW was silly and/or over the top, even when it was trying to be serious, which is part of the charm. The anime sucked out a lot of that charming with "moody" music and lighting, as well as a somehow slower pace. Still worth watching.

Fate is worse

>Zerobaby literally forgot Zero showed the Clock Tower too and it was the same fucking thing

Why did you think the portion of the tower that is literally a magic academy was going to be anything but a magic academy? What the fuck part of your brain deflated long enough to let that thought pass unimpeded

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't give a shit whether or not a studio uses digital effects?

I watched it just for Medea

No.
People who hate them just tend to be more vocal about it.

>people who don't like things tend to be vocal

I don't get why they make a big deal about it though. What exactly are they comparing UBW to that UBW comes off as poorly done?

youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ8Jgt8MwI

How good is the Tales of Zestiria series for someone who has never touched the franchise with a stick?

>people on Sup Forums who don't like things tend to be vocal
Anything wrong about that?

Ask this guy -

I wonder why nobody ever mentions ufotable when a thread goes to shit with studio wars when they have this shit to at least bait with.

I'm that guy. I can confirm that statement.

I've never watched the UBW dub, but just how unbearable was it? From what little I've seen Gilgamesh's VA was actually really good, but

>Bryce Papenbrook

It was fine outside of

>Bryce Papenbrook

and a few mistakes like referring to Bazett as a he.

Can't say if it was a good adaptation, but it was a good anime. Animation was beautiful, Shiro/Tosaka chemistry was awesome, Lancer moments were crazy good. I think I've seen a moment there that was actually a bad end in the VN (the part where Shiro goes to face Caster, if I remember correctly), it was a fun mindfuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqL7wJAvk4o

I still don't understand their decision to recast most of the characters from the DEEN dubs. Was it a some budget or scheduling issue, or was it some stupid marketing decision?

Whoops, meant replace, as in replace with new VAs

Good in some ways, bad in others.

Main issues were fucking up Shirou's dynamic with Rin, the alterations to the second half of the Shirou vs Archer and Gil fights, and some questionable decisions to focus more on Saber to try make it more of a sequel to Zero.

People bitching about Shirou feeling like he had ten times more plot armour are totally correct but also are being unreasonable because there's no way to reasonably include the bad ends which drive home how fragile he is and how precarious his position is for most of the route.

Apparently Aniplex (or one of the other producers) decided that they wanted this dub to be completely separate from the dub of Studio Deen's adaptations since those don't have the greatest reputation

Some Sup Forumsnons also think he turned out pretty normal.

Source? I remember someone saying this a while back but I never got any proof.

For the sake of argument, I'll assume it's true. Why the fuck does this matter? How does voice acting turn someone off just because it sounds the same as some shitty 10 year old adaptation? Literally nobody thinks this, certainly not the Nips who don't make pants-on-head retarded decisions like this.

Pic related is the kind of shit happening every year during three big holidays where i'm from. Kids grow up completely normal despite the horrific cries and eventually take up the knife themselves to skewer and butcher the animal.
I realize western society's children are sheltered and often times don't even know where the meat from the store comes from but please user.
Shirou is just an average teen in my book. Normal, with a few screws loose - as everyone else does. He lives in the country with the highest suicide rate in the world after all.

He's got PTSD and is unable to feel any sort of happiness in his life.

That's not normal.

>unable to feel any sort of happiness in his life.
>not normal

Not him, but disregarding your life for an unattainable ideal is not normal.

>disregarding your life for an unattainable ideal is not normal
>not him
Oh good, I won't post the same picture again so I'll just spell it because you're obviously inferior to him (since he didn't reply i.e. did understand the point).
You're on a website full of weebs who spend an abnormally long time indulging in escapism i.e. disregarding their lives to pursue their imaginary would-be lovers. Nobody said it's healthy but where you are reading and posting right now, it is the most normal thing ever.
You could extrapolate for real life though: billions of people do what you wrote for ideals you don't acknowledge at this very moment such as 72 virgins in the afterlife, passing through St. Peter's gates, even advancing any facet of science or the goals of avarice. These are the people you live with on the planet.
The people who do not strive for ideals are lazy, basically this guy. Ikta Solork is the exact opposite of Emiya Shirou although he will turn into Shirou later.

Kind of what said.

Many ideals are unobtainable.
You just don't think too much about the ideals others disregard their life for since it's never spelled out for you as much.

I think the problem was more on his parents death followed by a long walk in a city on fire surrounded by charred corpses and people screaming for help.

Considering that and having an assassin for a parent he grew up well enough adjusted. All the students speak well of Shirou-chan, even the fucked up worm-infested ones.
Moving on.

It was fundementally flawed in trying to adapt UBW before Fate, but was otherwise alright.

He never found out about either of them though, and when he does find out about the worms it becomes the main plot, and it nearly destroys him.

Worm secretions nearly destroyed Muad'dib as well before making him the most powerful being in the galaxy. Such is Fate/Dune.

This

So... Shirou will become the God Emperor of Fuyuki?

I'm not sure what the hell is gonna happen once Sakura gets magically pregnant, since the God Emperor is Muad'dib's wife'sson.i joke

That's not Heaven' Sleep

It was good and bad. The best parts were amazing. The worst parts were awful. F/Z still has the best Fate adaptation by a large margin.

faggot