Was the Nuclear Family a mistake?

I've been thinking about marriage and sex relations of late and it occurs to me that this whole "nuclear family" idea was something sold to 1950s America which had no basis in reality. I'm suggesting is that this is a very modern invention which was based purely in theory and ultimately failed.

The theory, it seems, is that because the modern economy requires a flexible labor force we need families to be as atomistic as possible, therefore we'll try to sell the "Nuclear Family" in every magazine publication, cartoon, tv show, and other propaganda next to the cigarette ads. Just one man, woman, and 2.5 children in one house which could exist anywhere in the universe. This would provide a stable unit which can move and adjust to the changing economic conditions without endangering the financial security of the children etc.

Perhaps a noble goal, but up until then no family like this existed except perhaps for some professions and maybe some nobility (although honestly nobles have been fucking around forever and marriage was only a concern regarding property). Nearly everyone lived in EXTENDED families, and the work was divided among the sexes so they would work separately, i.e. men would do heavy lifting while women would do seasonal light work like bailing and the usual house work like laundry, raising children, etc. This nuclear shit didn't exist, and no man was expected to tolerate living with some crazy person for extended periods, or rambunctious children.

I don't think it was ideology that caused the hippie movement that followed. It may have been the intellectual justification, but the real impetus was a reaction to the nuclear family bullshit where behind the scene (the flashy bullshit propaganda) everybody was on each other's nerves because men, women, and children were placed in the same coop and expected to be harmonious...because reasons. It doesn't work in the workplace so why should it work at home?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kzIRG525l6s
historyfuturenow.com/wp/why-the-nuclear-family-needs-to-die-in-order-for-us-to-live/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

friendly reminder -

youtube.com/watch?v=kzIRG525l6s

I agree with your hypothesis, living in the tradcuck dream marriage sounds pretty shitty.

Men want kids, generally. They don't want to hang out with their wives.

What usually happens is the woman takes over nearly the entire house and the man, if he's lucky, ends up with a shitty man-area in the oil-soaked garage.

OP's mother not swallowing was a mistake
Sage

Not an argument

if only there was a way to cut out the women from the process..

Nigger lover.
Sage

It only works if you found the right girl.

Protip: marry Asian, they are subservient and not corrupted by feminist ideals.

Honestly what we need is a way to have marriage without this nuclear bullshit that never worked in the first place.

Men and women don't mix in the workplace and they clear'y don't mix at home, either. The man just sits in his couch and vegetates, trying to ignore the stupid shit she says

I remember when I was 18 and took my first philosophy course.

>It only works if you found the right girl.
I think you're chasing something that doesn't exist. You're trying to imagine some kind of universe where men and women live together harmoniously. When has this ever generally been true?

I think it's a myth: men and women hardly ever lived together in the million years of existence.

>muh superior asian meme

>yes goy go and racemix. Your children will at least be half white

What was it then men and men?

No. Allowing Jews in the US was a mistake.

sage for this kike thread

what are you, an ant?

I'm not chasing, I'm living it famalam. All you need to do is find someone that enjoys what you enjoy. And you need to be comfortable giving each other space - a lot of my friends ended up marrying and then suffocating the other person or completely neglecting the person, that's why midlife crisis affairs tend to happen. All about balance.

Also no kid is pretty nice for the overall dynamic. You have the freedom to just fuck around at home or go on random dates and keep things fresh. Taking a vacation a yearly vacation is nice as well.

Sick thumbnail retard.

I'm not planning to have kids, money is much preferable. If you're white you're just screwed. You'll never be happy with a western white woman. Your best bet is to save up money and go to fuckin Russia or Eastern Europe and find a greencard bitch.

Did you read the OP? We had extended families where women and men worked separately and didn't occupy the same area in nuclear units for nearly all of the day. This is how mankind lived for over a million years. The whole nuclear thing is very modern and it seems based on making the labor force flexible

Funnily enough jews don't seem to have a problem maintaining extended families

>All you need to do is find someone that enjoys what you enjoy.
LOL! Men and women don't enjoy the same shit, user, unless you're a very odd man or seeking a very odd woman.

I like sports and rock climbing for example. Women don't. They pretend to when they're young because that's where the men are, but that gets old for them FAST. Get used to holding shopping bags and arranging furniture.

I agree OP, the extended family is the natural state of the family, the original clan concept.

>not having good eye sight

>I agree OP, the extended family is the natural state of the family, the original clan concept.
How do we get it back, or approximate it in the modern world? Is it even possible? Families in western society are scattered to the four winds. Don't say Mormonism because that experiment clearly failed (I know waaay too many ex-Mormons)

Yeah we read the OP. You being the OP.

also OP is always a fag hence you are a fag

Why are you even here if you're not going to contribute anything salient?

>"nuclear family" idea was something sold to 1950s America which had no basis in reality

incredible how stupid and gay people are.

rock climbing sounds like it would get old for everyone fast though. maybe an athletic man would be able to keep it up into his late 30s or early 40s but beyond that I can't see it happening. And a woman would tap out much faster given how much harder they would have to work to achieve the same as a man, that's not considering that most women want to have a child and would give up a hobby as intensive as rock climbing for that. Yeah in your specific hobby I'd say its a challenge. For me its just movies, video games, board games - stuff a lot of sheltered Asian women are into

A lot of women enjoy hiking though, maybe you could try that? Best of luck to you.

Not an argument

Women make a house a home you fucking colossal faggot. You enjoy interior design and licking out couches and end tables, and not living in the garage and wrenching on machines? Fucking KYS

>rock climbing sounds like it would get old for everyone fast though. maybe an athletic man would be able to keep it up into his late 30s or early 40s but beyond that I can't see it happening.
I know many who do it into their 60s. It would be many more except it wasn't very popular when they were young.
>asians love video games
LOL, good luck with that fantasy, weeb

OP is always a fag is a cardinal rule to every board on Sup Forums since 2006.

You're a fag. Thats the issue yet you have to keep bumping your own fag thread,

Encourage people to build dynasties rather than be shitty identityless consumers. Dynasty encourages family identity.

Actually, I love that shit. I'd love to live in a fucking machine shop, but no woman wants that.

I think you missed the point. I like wrenching on cars WITH OTHER DUDES

obviously, it's the whole reason spics have a longer life expectancy in the US despite being less healthy in every other aspect.

Its not a fantasy though. Go into a college there are tons of asian women gamers. The only issue is that they are all introverted as fuck. My wife was regularly emotionally abused by her stepdad so she retreated into MMOs. I got lucky meeting her through a friend of a friend when we were working on a project together. Lots of those girls exist but definitely a challenge to actually meet them.

That's impressive that you can do it when you're 60, I'm a lazy fuck so I wouldn't think that's possible.

Fuck off kike

>I'd love to live in a fucking machine shop, but no woman wants that.

My wife does.

My husband and I both love wrenching but living in a machine shop is the opposite of cosy, user.

>Introverted Gook GF

K thanks Ill take my white wife thanks

So according to this article I just read the term was first coined in 1947 and the practice only became the majority in the 1960-70s (but only in the USA) where most families got income via industry and health care was available outside the extended family.

It really hasn't stood the test of time IMHO. It mainly exists as a concept we've been herded into by either economic necessity or propaganda

As long as its not american white you're good to go

american white women are a cancer I don't have to tell you that

Nice, but you have to admit most women and most men have different interests.

It would be nice if we could bring back the concept of extended families and clans.

Nuclear family refers to the structure of an atom, with the parents as the nucleus and the children as the electrons. It doesn't refer to the nuclear era, only coined then.

Keep her safe and keep yourself a man, she's one in a million.

I think most womens interests are in part down to peer pressure and keeping up with the joneses. They're rarely ever productive, and just based around consuming.
You have to wonder (((who))) might be behind all that.

Interesting thesis (not that I agree with all of it):

historyfuturenow.com/wp/why-the-nuclear-family-needs-to-die-in-order-for-us-to-live/

> Hebraic kvetching
Why is this so funny?

T A L M U D I C
R E A S O N I N G

you cant really be that stupid can you?

Not an argument

No. The nuclear family is our only hope against Satan's destruction. It is the final battle.

I bet most of the people calling op a kike stopped reading after the first paragraph

I always get a kick out of "traditionalist" guys who want nothing more than a dainty audrey hepburn wife

What does that have to do with nuclear families? I looked it up and she was a product of an extended families having lived with her cousins.

lol

Judaism the thread

OP is right. The 'nuclear family' is just an artifact of 20th century western capitalist marketing.

research shows that societies w more traditional family structures, like extended family living together, are emotionally healthier.