Peak Oil

Peak Oil Discussion

What should we do about peak oil?

What can/have you done personally about peak oil?

Is peak oil as big a threat as climate change?

Other urls found in this thread:

fractionalflow.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

peak oil isn't real

climate change is but peak oil is just bullshit meant to scare people into doing something about climate change

In case of diversity: nothing, there are other problems we need to adress
In case of peaceful ethnostate building: We'll find a way, white people can solve this
In case of racewar: let's use dead niggers and communists as biofuel, hey at least they'd at least be good for one thing then

Nothing needs to be done. When oil gets too expensive, people will switch to something else. Solar, nuclear, whatever. The solutions exist, they're just not currently competitive.

>What should we do about peak oil?
nothing
>What can/have you done personally about peak oil?
solar
>Is peak oil as big a threat as climate change?
no

So are you saying oil extraction will never peak? It will just go up and up and up forever?

>implying
Nothing can replace oil at this current rate, nothing will ever be able to replace billions of barrels of fuel, try to run an airplane without oil

a big genocide would help

maybe it will peak around the year 3000 but certainly not in our lifetimes

That is impossible. It should peak very soon.

t. knows nothing about oil extraction

the oil shale bubble that existed a few years ago is easily accessible evidence

that's why price of oil has plummeted and been steady for $50/barrel for months if not years. kys

We have the ability to make petroleum and volatiles from plants and algaes..,peak oil? Who knows when the peak is but we’re resourceful enough

Petroleum Engineer here.

There's a fuck ton of oil in the world. By the time Peak Oil happens, most vehicles won't be using fossil fuels anymore.

You can't replace billions of barrels daily

You're a dumbfuck. They find new oil often and we haven't even come close to having the best techniques for extracting it.

Oil production has been peaking soon for over 60 years now.

>Man it feels like the 70s again
>I meant the 80s
>It'll really be gone by 90s
>Get them 00s hybrids for sure it'll peak this decade
>We're almost in 10s out and you need that full electric now

>Not understanding low demand means lower production mean peak oil

Peak oil is a 20 year old meme.

then its not a crisis anyway if that were true

good graph lmao you really swayed me there champ

Ever heard of bio fuels?

I just made bio diesel out of veggie oil and work at an ethanol plant which makes ethanol fuel from corn, then the corn is used as feed for cattle. It actually has a negative impact as far CO2 goes.

We had this same thread yesterday with the same starting image, and yet again we have the same responses.

Did I say anything about a crisis?

Faggot OP is controlled opposition trying to shill bullshit lies again.

t. former oil exec

yeah we watch too

There will always be plenty of oil in the ground.

The real question is what's it going to cost to get it out?

Look at all the shale drillers that went belly-up because they couldn't pay the bills, most others are heavily indebted.
fractionalflow.com/

peak oil isn't real faggot oil isn't ground up dinosaurs either sage

Are you implying someone is paying me to post distracting threads on Sup Forums?

>Implying Sup Forums matters

geological processes actively create oil at rates higher than we use it

Nothing.
>What can/have you done personally about peak oil?
I don't even drive.
>Is peak oil as big a threat as climate change?
We shouldn't do anything about "climate change" either. Still waiting for science and not "science".

"Peak oil" is most of the times used as a scare mongering tactic related to plateauing available supply, not demand.

>listen to the guy who profits out of this

Hey Rabbi, what'cha doin there?

/thread

I remember this meme from 15 years ago. What ever happened with this meme.

we will all be dead by the time it gets really bad

This is clearly a bait thread because you listed (((Climate Change))) as a threat. But I'll bit anyways.

The answer to peak oil is to develop nuclear energy (and not put the plants in retarded places like right next to the ocean in an earthquake zone, fucking hell Japan get it together). We further develop battery technology to facilitate electric vehicles, and finally we look at asteroid mining or moon mining or something to facilitate our demands for precious metals.

>asteroid mining
not only would that be expensive as fuck, but they would go for 2011 UW158 and take the expensive 5.4 trillion core to repay for the trip, and then platinum would deflate in value

You read about peak oil on a euroshit blog. Cite one source after 2010 saying oil is running out. You can't.
Peak oil is a meme.
Go fuck your faglectric cars and save us the oxygen.

It is real in the sense that oil is a finite resource that will eventually run out, this represents itself in the economy by the fact that demand for oil rises faster than supply and thus prices are continually pushed upwards. Thus why oil has risen in price for so many decades. That said it's not going to result in any kind of gigantic economic crash. With new technologies like fracking and better solar and nuclear we've basically passed the threshold where we need to worry about a horrible economic collapse caused by a rising price of energy.

>platinum would deflate in value

Good. Platinum is super fucking important for a lot of our technology, and we're basically being held back by the fact that we don't have enough of it. It doesn't matter if a bar of platinum sells for pennies on the dollar, that's not why we need it. We need it to build shit.

Won't happen. Fracking has basically killed peak oil. And battery technology will get to the point where it will be cheaper than oil. Oil demand rather than supply will cause peak oil.

I am glad it'll take 30 years before it'll probably kill my job

t. refinery guy

not if we conquer reusable rockets and build a space elevator.
Also, we gotta stop being little bitches when it comes to nuclear energy.

this is a slide thread. same nirvana avatar fagging retard with the exact same cut and paste responses. stop posting.

>fracking

enjoy your EQ

WE DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING NUMBERS TO KNOW IF WE ARE AT PEAK OIL USAGE.

THE PUBLIC LIES ON SURVEYS.

THE COMPANIES WON'T WORK TOGETHER TO SHARE THEIR DATA.

THE FUCKING COUNTRIES HATE THE FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER.

THIS IS A 4 DECADE OLD GOD DAMN ARGUEMENT WHERE NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE A HALF-BRAINED SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST SHOULD EVEN FUCKING CONSIDER.

God fucking dammit I hate it. I hate all of you. I fucking hate humans. So fucking much. FUCK (for emphasis).

Wow. I haven't heard the phrase peak oil since hippie drug addicts thought Al Gore was president

I was just gonna say...OMG, it's 20 years ago already!

/thread

>Peak Oil Discussion

Nothing.

A free market will find a solution--either efficiency or a new energy source.

We are entering "peak gold" as well--and other commodities. Markets solve everything.

20 only? I swear, people were scarred of peak oil claims in the 1970's.

my favorite doomsayer's cry.
like it fucking matters anyway. Oil or not, life will go on. We've run out of more things than exist on this planet right now. No one gave a fuck about those things. Hell, we ran out of statist faggots once too, now we're drowning in them.

/thread

Peak Oil is just a meme to raise oil prices by making people believe a plentiful resource is scarce.

Peak oil is autistic, especially considering the new deposits in the arctic. By the time we hit it we'll have switched to solar and shit

We'll never reach peak oil in terms of supply. Only demand.

Peak oil was real. Then just a couple years ago technologies that we hadn't thought of when the peak oil thing was a threat were developed.

We knew we had pleanty more oil it was just too expensive to extract. We've made it significantly cheaper so peak oil isn't as big of a problem anymore.

This is how technology works.

i know right, it's almost as if capital flows into areas needing an important solution searching for profit. good thing we have our statist friends who know where to put all investment monies, otherwise how would society progress?

This

There is something called "Aboitic" oil...look it up you fucking take it in the ass cretin

We can run out of niggers and life will go on

not yet, but then the question becomes how long will it take us to reach that level of technology and how long will it be before we hit "peak oil"

/thread

Peak oil was going to happen, then shale oil tech was invented and put into practice in mid-to-late 2000s, dramatically increasing U.S. domestic oil production.

Capitalism prevents peak oil from ever happening. As prices rise conservation and alternatives happen.

By the time it becomes an actual issue we will already have alternatives.
Anyone talking about oil running out "soon" is just trying to raise prices. Only another world war could cause a genuine shortage.

German went big on climate change, and will be producing more CO2 in the next twenty years than the previous. They chose CO2, not temperature, as their stupid metric, and even by that they are awful.

They hate nuclear power because they are liars.

>peak oil
You're about 200-400 years too early.

We could solve 99% of our energy problems if someone could make a good battery, something that isnt too huge, wont fail after 5 years and can hold 30-50kw of charge. In fact I really am surprised that a superbattery hasnt been created yet.

>We could solve 99% of our energy problems if someone could defy the laws of chemistry and physics

We've been at "Peak Oil" for the last 50 years. Funny how we keeping finding more of it.

Its not about defying any laws retard, it is simply about achieving the energy density and reliability threshold where it becomes commercially viable. Despite my pessimism battery technology has come a long way.

>Its not about defying any laws retard, it is simply about achieving the energy density and reliability threshold where it becomes commercially viable.
>t. Math Class Is Tough

I like you germanbro, you're a pretty cool guy.

See: Energy Returned on Energy Invested

STFU we've been terrorized by the 'peak oil' boogeyman for nearly 45 years! It took millions of years for fossil fuels to form, you're a retard if you think they're about to run out in less than 20 years OP

No, what it means is we've already found all the easy deposits to drill and pump out. Now we are getting to the harder stuff to extract that in previous decades was too cost-prohibitive to even bother with. Thanks to fracking however the USA has been able to tell OPEC to BTFO and we are at or past energy independence

The original Diesel motor ran on peanut oil, petro-diesel is an analog of that rather than biodiesel being the analog of petro-diesel

Sup Forums sure has gotten dumb over the past year.

Peak oil is the biggest happening of our times and it's coming soon. You naysayers will be getting fucked while I'm innawoods. Faggots.

Example, cars used to be 8mpg and nobody gave a shit. Now cars are 30mpg

ethonal is diluting our gasoline needing less oil

better plastic and industrial alternatives that use less oil

we are finding more sources of oil rather than drilling.

Oil is in the US
Oil in the Appalachians Cascades and Rockies
Which makes fucking zero sense according to Fossil origin theory.
Ditto in California which is on the pacific rim.
Oil in Alaska
Oil in Dakotas Wyoming Nebraska
Oil in Pennsylvania
oil in new York
Oil in Texas
Oil in Canada
Oil in arctic
Oil in Mexico
Oil in gulf of Mexico
Oil in Venezuela
Oil all over Latin America actually
Oil in Europe Norway England Germany Ukraine
Oil all in Russia
Oil in Iran
Oil in Iraq
Oil in Arabia
Oil in Egypt
Oil in Libya
Oil in Congo
Oil in Africa all over the place

Oil is fucking everywhere
And it ain't no fossil
But a biological system deep within the earth that is the size of the surface of Venus but 100s of miles of vertical depth dwarfing the size of all surface life by a factor of 1000
And for every drop of oil we pull carbon is absorbed into the ocean and into the soil and for all intents and purposes is instantly replaced.
and we will never run out.

Peak Oil is fake