What was the last anime that you watched that was a real disappointment?

What was the last anime that you watched that was a real disappointment?

The starship Troopers anime was awesome.

death note fucking sucked ass.
Best memory is making out with my girlfriend during the 3rd op which was metal as fuck.

it was the first anime I'd ever seen(didn't watch tv growing up) and I called it shit before the end.

Kill yourself.
On the subject though, anime as a whole is a disappointment.

Penguindrum

Maiyoga

Blue Gender. It's pretty painful to watch

Macross Delta.
Never again.

Disappointment as in you were expecting something better? Or just something that was shit?

Gunbuster

Pretty mediocre desu

That's funny because Gunbuster is probably my favorite anime of all time.

If you mean genuinely bad then Hundred.
If you mean bad and you were expecting something much better, Cowboy Bebop.

How?

My friend described it to me. He summarised it as a mix between a mecha show and a singing competition.

Last shit thing I watched was netoge because my friend wanted to try it and the first 3 episodes weren't as shit as the rest of the series

Last thing I was disappointed by was tokyo ghoul root a

I love how powerful the Gunbuster is. I also like the fact that Noriko's weakness and incompetence is conquered by her effort put into effect even when she was emotionally naive and unstable. Through hard work she was able to protect everyone and overcome fear and anxiety to protect literally everyone. She sacrificed her world and life for the good of humanity.

This isn't anyone uncommon in anime but it really hit close to my core. I like the designs of the robots and characters. Tanaka Kouhei's score is one of the most beautiful things I've listened to and still emits strong emotion everytime I listen to a track. It's spot was further cemented when Diebuster came out and seeing how it played out and ended.

I think it really makes me wish I could sacrafice myself to make everyone's life better than being a person who feels lost in their own life and full of self doubt and loathing with a lack of discipline. It just happened to be the first piece of media whose themes resonated deeply with me. I know its not special and just a bunch of references to other robots/anime, but it's precious to me.

Fair enough.

Tokio Underground.

I'm still amazed a series can manage to be so absolutely generic in every possible aspect.

Kizumonogatari.

>3rd op

Nicely put. I liked how Diebuster linked in with Gunbuster at the end.

Wow there's a lot of cancer in this post.

Infinite stratos
good fights but it got worse with every episode

I understand if people don't think Gunbuster is the greatest thing ever but it's anything but mediocre.

Re:zero. I could tell there was a lot of false flagging/bait about it being a masterpiece so I didn't get my hopes up that high, but I expected episode 15 to be something special at the very least. Instead, it was just boring overall. Total mediocrity.

I'm only about 15 episodes but please tell me it gets better

Kill yourself.

>starship troopers anime
>not the best and most faithful adaptation of the book.

Katanagarbage. It's a borefest, only and only irrelevant talking here and there and the ending is crap.

Also they didn't fucking show the most waited fight.

Hyouka