ITT: Shows that weren't really that good, but had so much heart put into them that you can't help but love it

ITT: Shows that weren't really that good, but had so much heart put into them that you can't help but love it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7Cm7I18jps
youtube.com/watch?v=db4DkMnq85M
youtube.com/watch?v=hr0Ypg3JOys
youtube.com/watch?v=yIT-qkGqYC4
youtube.com/watch?v=r5_OpBw8t3s
youtube.com/watch?v=QsVDq7Sjysk
youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4
youtube.com/watch?v=-AD9ZGRwjOM
youtube.com/watch?v=dlvd8rBO-IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=b7Cm7I18jps

they literally ended the season just as things were starting to happen

Code Geass

Yeah it's nice to see a show that has some charm and doesn't rely on otaku pandering, fujobait, melodrama, or maximum edge.

:^)

Re:Zero

This and Baccano

>So much heart
>Didn't bother releasing last episode in ages
Where was this heart exactly reflected? Seemed pretty regular battle shit to me.

>ITT: Shows that weren't really that good, but had so much heart put into them that you can't help but love it

sora no woto

>weren't really good
Sora no Woto was great though. Only aspect of the series that was utter shit was how the ending felt really rushed.

>:^)

(You)

It's not Bones' fault that the last episode didn't air for a while, it was the TV channel which needed to find a correct airing spot for it since it was an hour long and a new anime season was just starting.

But to answer your question, everything from the animation (based Bones and Yutapon), direction (based Matsumoto) and the GOD-TIER soundtrack coupled with the great seiyuu performances really make it seem more of a labor of love thing rather than a boring shonen adaptation. Not to mention how it was almost all anime original but it still somehow worked.

>Shows that weren't really that good,
>Kekkai Sensen

Will this meme ever end?

Just a few examples of the god-tier soundtrack. They even use other languages like Hebrew in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hr0Ypg3JOys
youtube.com/watch?v=yIT-qkGqYC4
youtube.com/watch?v=r5_OpBw8t3s

The animation was mediocre as fuck outside of three episodes, though.

That show was fucking garbage, really generic bones shounenshit

But baccano is good

same face

I like the OST but I think we have really different definition on god-tier. Aside catchy tunes and western architecture I enjoyed I really don't find anything that good in the anime. Most of the technical aspects weren't anything to write home about and the entire plot was pretty shit. Even the setting itself screams generic shit.

Most of the characters had charisma and were fun to look at. As that user mentioned it also had an excellent work of seyu in dialogs. Characters were interrupting each other, speaking over each other, speaking at the same time with each other. This made dialogs lively and realistic and it's rarely found in anime where lines are said strictly after each other and everyone is allowed to finish their monologue to the point of making the whole scene stupid.

The staff were having fun making it.

I always felt that way with Black Cat.

I can understand that but in my book the fact series supposedly had lively dialogue isn't nearly enough to make me consider it worth the time I spent with it.

The story had it's ups and downs but the music, atmosphere and visuals saved Kekkai Sensen. It could have been so much better though.

Probably Getsumen. Everything screamed kind of mediocre shit but I could see how the creators probably had absolute blast making it.

Not to mention I've never even seen a thread on Sup Forums so you can rake in the bullshit hipster points.

rokka no yusha
rop studio passione

The soundtrack to Kekkai Sensen was amazing. Alot of the vocal tracks gave me a NY feel.

But what makes you say it wasn't good? I enjoyed it a lot. Also did that OVA ever get subbed?

youtube.com/watch?v=QsVDq7Sjysk

S1 has so many good things about it, but this ED is just great.

>All the people praising Kekkai Shit ost
It's your generic NY jam. I know it fits the context perfectly and that's all you really need, but even the fact it is classifiable as "generic something" should be enough to tell there isn't really anything outstanding about it. It's functional at most.

The man Iwasaki Taisei needs to score another project eventually. He has to.

Literally every enjoyable SoL.

That's really your problem now is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA

these too

Yozakura Quartet is that show.

This show was just the right amount of fucked.

What exactly was bad about KS? It seems like so many people have so much trouble to articulate into words.

Define good.

I actually thought it was a pretty good show, I just wasn't a big fan of the anime original content and how it was implemented.

Why use memes when you could for example argue back?

Yes because "its bad because I say so" is such a compelling argument

If that's what you got out from the post then I have bad news for you.

You can classify anything however you want.
Calling something "functional at most" like fulfilling its function really well isn't something pretty praiseworthy is stupid to me anyway.

1. there aren't even that many ny jazz themed shows like this
2. kekkai sensen is hardly generic in any way besides the fact that it is set in ny, and that the soundtrack is jazz inspired

how are those for arguments

But why KS? There's a ton of soundtracks that do the job decently, but I don't see fanbase wanking over them.

3. not everything has to be completely 100% unique to be worthwhile or good

Because it's memorable and used well in the opinion of people who like it.
If you think there are other soundtracks as or more wankworthy than KS' no one is stopping you from wanking over those.

Who are you quoting?

Pretty shit in the context of discussion, as your points seem to do more with the series rather than the soundtrack.
The series was fun as fuck though and the backstory pretty well constructed. It seemed also do pretty well considering all the ln spinoffs and extra content. I wouldn't classify it "not that good" under any circumstances.

>There's a ton of soundtracks that do the job decently,
Like?

>tfw you were there to witness the Guillotine Gorilla shitstorm and both Sup Forums and the show's descent into madness

hadn't had so much fun in ages

>The series was fun as fuck though and the backstory pretty well constructed
Suddenly your opinion of KS means nothing now.

I think anime in general has pretty decent soundtracks. It's much more challenging to name a series that had absolutely shit soundtrack.

And now they're all out of work

>I think anime in general has pretty decent soundtracks.
Found the pleb

You're the reason why retards constantly praise Sawano for dishing out subpar work

>Suddenly your opinion of KS means nothing now.
What opinion though? I haven't said that much about Kekkai. Though I do believe that YuYuYu has a lot more depth than Kekkai in the first place, it's rather subtle as far as Madoka ripoffs go.

>Though I do believe that YuYuYu has a lot more depth than Kekkai in the first place, it's rather subtle as far as Madoka ripoffs go.

By "decent" I mean a soundtrack that fits the series and isn't distracting. Like Kekkai Sensen. It's a far cry from good though.

>Pretty shit in the context of discussion, as your points seem to do more with the series rather than the soundtrack.
I don't think so. Why would you even try to discuss an OST outside of the context of the show it belongs to?

>YuYuYu has a lot more depth than Kekkai in the first place
Yep your opinion means jackshit

Came here to post these two.

>it's rather subtle as far as Madoka ripoffs go
Jesus Christ, just stop posting.

I don't think the point was to discuss OST as a standalone, but the post in question stated more that the series itself wasn't generic which had technically nothing to do with OST as missing the context.

Fate/stay night

I think that dude was trying to say that there aren't that many jazzy OSTs so as an OST Kekkai Sensen's isn't generic.

>Kekkai Sensen
>Actual award winning composer who's worked on nothing but live action movies before KS which was his first anime work
>Eh..its decent

>Generic Aniplex anime #4527382
>Hey Sawano we need you to fart out some new singles for our next pile of shit by the end of today do you think you can do it?
>Sure
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4
youtube.com/watch?v=-AD9ZGRwjOM
youtube.com/watch?v=dlvd8rBO-IE
>THIS IS THE BEST OST EVAR

No wonder Sup Forums laughs at us.

A lot of the backstory has to do with interpretation of complex implications and the moral ambiguity of beings that operate on a different set of ethics than humans. It's a setting that has sparked a ton of discussion and a small franchise. Even the means of storytelling are totally in a different level. I don't really think there really is anything in Kekkai that can compare.

Though I do understand you haven't tried to refute me in any way, so I probably shouldn't treat these opinions as valid in the first place. It seems you somehow think that the fact I value an other series higher means I'm shitting on the other one, causing a counter reaction solely in reaction images and buzzwords, which is totally cool too I guess.

>tumblr gif
fuck off you fucking mongoloid

Yeah, but it's anything but subtle.

>A lot of the backstory has to do with interpretation of complex implications and the moral ambiguity of beings that operate on a different set of ethics than humans.

Fuck off Sup Forums.

I don't know why you'd go the limb to assume I like Sawano or consider that Sup Forums has good taste in the first place.

>Get called out for just posting memes
>Post more memes
I didn't honestly expect anything but I'm still disappointed.

>I think anime in general has pretty decent soundtracks.
This is how stupid you sound
>consider that Sup Forums has good taste in the first place.
Better taste than you that's for sure

Season 1 Gatchaman may be the definition of this.

>W-w-w-w-w-why won't anyone take me seriously

Quit before you continue to make a fool out of yourself

>Big Order
Where is the fucking OST

I think it's kind of laughable that you have a scale of appreciating things that goes from "shit" to "god-tier". I gave earlier even a definition that cleared I don't consider decent "good". It takes a special kind of imageboard internet warrior to think that a soundtrack that isn't exceptional is automatically shit, it's like your polarized opinions were caused by autistic arguments out of touch with the reality or something.
>Better taste than you
I haven't even given you any examples that what I consider "good" in the first place, how is it possible for you to construct an clear image of my taste? The fact you think Sup Forums is a hivemind with good taste is equivalent of someone claiming "Sup Forums has good taste" which is ridiculous assumption on a number of ways.

That's pretty funny coming from a guy that just posted Spiderman memes.

>I think it's kind of laughable that you have a scale of appreciating things that goes from "shit" to "god-tier".
And its retards like you why this generation has such low standards.

>top tier animation, direction and music
>very good adaption of a great source material that doubled the fanbase overnight
>the only BONES adaption where the anime original content is actually pretty good and not garbage that was obviosly not written by the original author

>weren't really that good

post top 5 series

Is this the best KSfags can do?

>Ugly as shit CG
No

I've still got no idea what this whole "it had heart" thing is supposed to mean.

This show was more like a "turn your brain off to enjoy" series, even Akame ga Kill have a more coherent writing.

Sameface moeshit need not apply

The people who hate this are more dumber than I imagine

>And its retards like you why this generation has such low standards.
And this is why you are an autist incapable of constructing a critical thought that'd amount to anything.

Less "heart," more "balls." I'm not one of the people who think that this show is some deep, underappreciated masterpiece- it's utter trash- but I appreciate the fact that the studio actually made the damn thing, especially with today's anime feeling so neutered and "safe" in comparison to things that were coming out of the 2000's, which was already much tamer than what came out of the 90's.

I didn't even mention the show, you fucking insecure retard.

>anime with excessive violence and pandering
>daring

12 years later and Elfen Lied fags are still retarded