Fav shonen?

fav shonen?

Favourite shounen what user?

Do realistic sports mangos even exist
I don't want to see niggas shoot fucking laser basketballs around and while jumping 50 feet into the air

I follow NBA and I thought that Slam Dunk was generally realistic for what it was despite being really drawn out by the end.

One Piece.
It's been with me since I was a kid.
>I don't want to see niggas shoot fucking laser basketballs around and while jumping 50 feet into the air
Why not?

>Why not?
Because it's silly

Slam Dunk is probably the only one.

Yes.

>fav shonen?
Every fujoshit shounen.

YYH

>One Piece
E P I C

>hating One Piece
ABSOLUTELY
EPIC
DUDE

P R O P O R T I O N S

Jojo part 3

>One Piece
>>>/reddit/

The anime is pretty slow paced
But the manga had really tense moments
Also Sena is one of my favorite zero to hero characters

Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken

it's probably the purest example of what battle shonen is all about, it plays all the cliches completely straight but does it so well

shit like naruto is basically DnD only twice longer and ten times worse

gintama

Real.

Haikyuu

this.

>dontouch mee ya flith casual
Guys stop being hipster faggots, One Piece is the best shonen.
>that worldbuilding
are other shonens even trying?

>bringing an M4 to a handegg game
for what purpose

Yotsuba

Giant Killing
since it's basically Football Manager : the anime/manga

Star Wars has better world building and Star Wars is complete shit so what's your point?

What? You can't handle a big guy?

>The anime is pretty slow paced
So is the manga
Every damn match lasts 20 to 30 chapters

You posted my fave so I'm posting my 2nd fave instead(yeah I know I'm cheating)

Sports is the only genre that, when aimed at the shounen demographic, can produce worthwhile results. You cannot prove me wrong.

Read more sports manga, or atleast look around on baka-updates. There's just as many grounded sports series as there are wacky pseudo-battle shounen ones.

It's not really a problem since a manga is naturally faster paced since one chapter can be read much faster. The anime was badly paced but what killed it for me was the filler and the worse character art. The manga had great art that evolved. The anime had shitty art that only stagnated even more.

But Slam Dunk is still the king of badly paced sports anime. I remember around 30 episodes for one of the later matches.

Kokou no Hito. Naturally realistic sports manga offer much more than just training and getting gud so sometimes it doesn't even feel like a sports manga.

Is Sinbad no Bouken worth reading? I already read Magi

The lore became way too deep. I just wanted a good adventure with some darker tone here and there. At this point it would be much better if it went full on seinen.

and there are fighting-focused ones that are still grounded too, like All Fighter Meguru (which is in scanlator purgatory at the moment unfortunately)

*shit, meant All Rounder Meguru

Yes it's just as good as Magi especially if you're a Sinbadfag or an Adventurefag.

This

the fucking ending jesus christ

>Do realistic sports mangos even exist
I'm pretty sure realistic ones are more abundant than the Inazuma Eleven-type ones (though perhaps it's these wackier ones that get adapted into anime more often)

>It's not really a problem since a manga is naturally faster paced since one chapter can be read much faster.
This is a meme
Not everyone reads at the same speed and if you're speedreading you tend to miss out on details

And I'm pretty sure there was matches that lasted 50 chapters once which felt like forever

It was nuts how a fraction of a second of play took like 5 pages or more to cover just analyizing it...it was madness

Listen, you gotta do whatever it takes to win

What fucking meme?
It's literally impossible for the anime to be faster paced than the manga if it doesn't cut things.

Where do i subscribe!??

Since they're playing American Football, does that mean the characters are American?
Or is there Handegg in Japland?

You don't know how sports manga work? Some mangaka picks any sport, it doesn't matter what kind of sport it is. It always plays in japan and they pretend there is a huge scene for this sport with national competitions and shit.

Good taste

There also always some exceptional japanese players that would be international superstars in reality.

Because why do you need to overdramatize simple things like a fadeaway shot, fake, dunk, etc?

The whole "manga can't be badly paced" is a meme
Eyeshield 21's pacing is horrible

The anime is way worse.