they're green user

The doujin saved my dick.

Aqua=blue

Not even the best of Spring.

It was good, it was good, but "saved anime" is too much of a stretch

I want to eat an Ogikubo

Trigger is the cancer killing anime.

NO!

How the fuck can you hate art like this?

I really liked it at the start, but as soon as it got to Planet KLK I just lost all interest.

STRIPPED
of the WILL to WATCH

Only thing that can save anime is Nico Tanigawa.

Watch beginning of episode 13 of watamote you see what is killing anime.

Something unusual is going on

of course it did, silly bean

I'm going back and cry some more about it no season 2 to watamote.

Hasn't anime kind of gone to shit with this "stuff never ends, it just goes 13 eps and if no s2 then it's totally open ended and there's no conclusion"?

>doujin
Where?

cause it reminds me of space daddy

Trigger Girls when?

Purge your mind of Space Dandy

The problem being?

They're green mate. Her name is Midori - it means green.
Also
>aqua=blue
makes about as much sense as writing "natural=green" or "protein=white". There's literally no logic behind that besides you associating a word with a colour. And it's a completely unrelated word and a colour that is not present.

Not soon enough

>hating on Space Dandy
That's just not very dandy, baby.

Luluco saves memes

It started off legitimitely entertaining and then it was sacrificed by trigger for the glory of memes. Disappointing desu.

the hype did not live up to what it deleived,
it had like 3 episodes that were good and that was it.

I would say it had like half a dozen good episodes.

ESL-kun go and stay go

>Only three episodes of Space Dandy were good

How can you have such... weird taste? I'm not gonna day you have horrible taste because then I might be falling for the bait, but please explain how you can only like 3 episodes

Her skin is "aqua" (the color) and aqua is blue.

Also Japanese are generally colorblind; I've seen some people translate Aoi as green.

Zombie Dandy
Dandy+loli
Space Race Dandy
Planty Dandy
Groundhog's Dandy
And that's just season 1.
Then Season 2 had
Multi Dandy
Dandy and the Fish
Fishing Dandy
Bandy Dandy
and of course, the best episode, Dead Dandy

That's because Japs have always seen blue as a shade of green.

>Dandy+loli
>Space Race Dandy
>Groundhog's Dandy
those were the only ones i liked.

What do they think of RGB color then?

Aqua = Aquamarine, which as a color is the middlepoint between blue and green. So you're both sort of right.

Kiznaiver saved anime.

they don't, I assume

even their streetlights are red and blue

It saved that shit of the season for me.

Look it up in e.ghentai i fapped to it yesterday, was amazing dat midori dat pic related.

>secretary featured in a doujin
Muh

Sadpanda, here I go

They have to deal with it due to the RGB standard being rather widespread in technology.

That's a Western invention.
If you look into the history of colors, blue is always the last color recognized by any civilization.
This works for the West as well. Homer describes Odysseus as falling off his boat into the "wine-dark" waters of the Aegean Sea.
Because the Greeks at the time didn't have a concept of distinguishing "blue" from other shades like green.
Japs kept their blue/green concept up until the modern age where contact with the West has introduced the distinction.
A lot of people are familiar with the Jap concept of the Red Oni/Blue Oni dichotomy, but in many cases, especially older ones, the "blue" oni would look green to us.

But that's the general culture at large. Japs who get into working in animation or computer design will learn the color wheel and the proper distinctions of color. Those that grew up in areas where the blue/green distinction wasn't taught at a young age will have a harder time distinguishing shades of blue and green because their brain isn't trained to see those differences.
There are cultures outside the US that have more words for more base shades of colors than we do and are thus trained to see more shades of those colors than an American will.

Like how most westerners referred to orange as yellow-red?

not him btw

>not him btw
I dont believe you

This is weird. Do they really think the color of the sky is "GREEN"? Is Earth NMS?

this sounds like a bunch of horseshit

A shade of green. Just like all these are considered shades of green even though there are some that we would consider more blue than green.

"What color is the sky?" --A Japanese kid
"Green." --His mom

HELP

>japs cant distinguish green and blue

well then why do they have different words for green and blue?
I know google translate is awful, but all that about blue being the same as green sounds like horse shit to me. maybe it's just my eyes, but the two colors look completely different to me

It's not that they can't distinguish between different shades of blue and green, they just call them "green".

Compare the blue of this board with a blue sky, for example. If you think about it, they have really different shades of blue. Now imagine if we called Sup Forums blue "zoi".
>Do they really think Sup Forums is "BLUE"? It's obviously "zoi"!

None of you are right.

Modern Japanese has a separate word for green (緑 midori), although its boundaries are not the same as in English. Ancient Japanese did not have this distinction: the word midori only came into use in the Heian period, and at that time (and for a long time thereafter) midori was still considered a shade of ao. Educational materials distinguishing green and blue only came into use after World War II, during the Occupation: thus, even though most Japanese consider them to be green, the word ao is still used to describe certain vegetables, apples and vegetation. Ao is also the name for the color of a traffic light, "green" in English. However, most other objects—a green car, a green sweater, and so forth—will generally be called midori. Japanese people also sometimes use the English word "green" for colors. The language also has several other words meaning specific shades of green and blue.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ao_(color)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue–green distinction in language

Have you none of you ever had an argument with someone over whether something was green or blue?

Contrary to what Sup Forums will tell you, color is a societal construct. Not so much THAT there's a difference as where the line is drawn.
Show a color wheel to 10 different people and ask them to draw where Blue begins and ends and I can all but guarantee you'll get 10 different responses.
It's a recent invention for them to distinguish blue from green.

Is Professor X's hover chair here yellow or orange?

Underrated post

>only SPL thread in ages
>derailed by colour discussion

only trigger threads

> motherfucking Inazuma doujin

I also laughed harder than I should have at this page.

I mean Russians distinguish between light and dark blue and have two distinct words for them for some communist reason

We know it's fizzy on the edges of the colors but there's some pretty distinct regions there

i cant tell between shades of white for some reason.

It's a start

its gold...

is gold yellow or orange?

Luluco a cute. Watched just to see her. Too bad the shitty romance theme made the show unbearable after a few episodes

its a shade of yellow that is leaning towards orange.

They spent an entire episode later on mocking the romance plot though, so maybe it evens itself out in the end?

ITT

Forgotten seasonal waifu #2154534.

No but JUSTICE did

I dont read bear user, so I have no idea what you are trying to say.

cyka bylat

Osomatsu did more to save anime than Luluco did. She's going to be forgotten like every other Trigger girl.

She definitely did.

It saved my shotacon pedophilic dick

Anyone have the edited inverted Midori image that shows she's a gyaru with inverted colors?

Much appreciated

Hey I heard this Radiolab episode!

The dude is right

this anime is god tier right?

it's my favorite anime

>no Disco Dandy
nigga

Aw shit, forgot about that.
a.pomf.cat/tzkomw.webm

What's wrong little meme?

she looks uncomfortable.

Great series to marathon, but I imagine it was torture to watch week after week

Yea it was breddy great.
I want more.

How is the Dandy Dub? I'm thinking of rewatching it and the dub doesn't sound too bad.

yes it's the best anime of 2016

dub is actually better

Good Loolouko you look kinda cool

I actually really liked it. Ian Sinclair is pretty in love with Dandy and it shows.
Some of the side characters are a little off, but that's typical for dubs.

BDs out soon, right? Looking forward to watching it over again.

Leaving aside the last 2 episodes, it was episodic enough that I didn't mind. I actually didn't know what to make of the show early on so it fluctuated between "I like this" to "I don't like this" every other week. It was only after I saw the finale that everything made a lot more sense and I can appreciate the earlier episodes more, now.