Were they being serious?

were they being serious?

They're not wrong.

Is this thread about Japan's surprisingly correct view on Christianity?

I need forgiveness from noone, for beliefs are but spooks to cloud eyes of Men.

That's how Islam works.

>Christianity

but OP's pic are quotes from Catholic characters

EXACTLY!

Oh boy, we've got someone from plebbit over here.

But he's right, Christianity brought nothing but trouble to Japan to a point some kid started a rebellion and got wrecked by it.

Of course this is how Christianity works: people use tortured logic to justify being dicks. If anything Islam just removes the need for being forgiven

ANCAP THREAD

Close,but I think you mean islam

I swear it's just so easy to spot a butthurt Sup Forumsfag. you people will cal reddit any post that trigger you.

>to get money
>deciding for yourself whether God will forgive you or not
>needing to be forgiven
>showing an utter lack of conviction
I'm disgusted.

kek

>were they being serious?
That's what it looks like to the Japanese from th outside. That's the magic of monotheism, in that everyone who isn't following your religion is automatically guilty by existing, and this allows you to do whatever you want to them.

Monotheism isn't about following one god; plenty of people only follow one god without being monotheist. Monotheism is about viewing everyone else as justified targets because everyone else is guilty except myself.

Jesus is very nice and very kawaii.

i think the problem is not monotheism but blind faith in general.
monotheism is by definition folowing only one god as the true god, it becomes rather twisted when people look up to said god for personal confirmation

>Christianity brought nothing but trouble to Japan
No, it brought far, far "trouble" than Buddhism. Rulers acted for or against faiths based on whether it inconvenienced them or not. Oda supported the Jesuits and slaughtered the warrior monks of Mt. Hiei.

*far less

>i think the problem is not monotheism but blind faith in general.
Except most of the problem goes away if you are NOT a monotheist. Polytheism automatically forces you to accept that there are other ways to live one's life. That people you have never met likely believe in different things. You are trying to defend monotheism without realising it IS the root cause of conflict.

You're a dumbass. Polytheism didn't make everyone buddy-buddy, they fight each other just as much against others. In anything, monotheism appealed because it centralized religion.

no it's not. i'm atheist. and, even if i think religion is opium of the masses and serves to blind people of their government actions, a lot of times it's used an excused both for war and unaccountability of what you say or do. it's not the fact that you are monotheistic or polytheistic, is the fact if you are a horrible unfulfilled human being that justify his actions with something out of this world bc you are too weak to accept that you are shit. that you are going to die and there's nothing after this and nothing that you do has any actual meaning.

>itt: People not realizing Jesus literally said a parable about a wise christian man helping a non christian with nothing to gain, and this was considered a good thing.
>More people who demonstrate their lack of historical knowledge by not understanding that religious wars happen far less than secularly guided wars. Just look at atheistic lead countries to see what happens to morality when we abandon monotheism.

>Polytheism didn't make everyone buddy-buddy,
No it did not, because evil men will do evil no matter waht. But Monotheism is what allows good men to do evil.

well that doesn't mean missionary or crusades didn't kill people in the name of god, and forced their views on others.

also kek, if your morality is only guided bc there's a god you are pure shit.

>But Monotheism is what allows good men to do evil.
wut? how high are you? people do bad and good stuff. there aren't only good people. there are only bad, but good no. the moment you do something bad you already a bad person. a bad person doing something good doesn't make her a good person.

>>itt: People not realizing Jesus literally said a parable about a wise christian man helping a non christian with nothing to gain, and this was considered a good thing.
And multiple Polytheistic religions say the same thing. Your mistake is thinking that Jesus invented that shit.

>wut? how high are you? people do bad and good stuff. there aren't only good people. there are only bad, but good no. the moment you do something bad you already a bad person. a bad person doing something good doesn't make her a good person.
Monotheism invented the idea that complete strangers you have never met are evil because they don't follow your god. This concept ius bizarre until Abraham came up with it.

I understand religion can be used as a negative force. Trust me one of my heroes, Pascal, made a quote about how easily religion can be a terrible thing despite Pascal himself being a man of faith. It's just a shame that so many people start out with a predestined goal so when they see how monotheism can be flawed they immediately assume it is always flawed.
The philosophy of God doesn't really speak to his existence.

>More people who demonstrate their lack of historical knowledge by not understanding that religious wars happen far less than secularly guided wars.
What, no, I'm posting a fact. Buddhism has had a far rougher history in Japan than Christianity, and yet it has permeated. And there's nothing wrong with that. Something isn't bad because there was a reaction against it.

>separating people into good and bad
There's your problem. There are people and they do things. And what they do defines them.

I never said Jesus invented being nice. The bible says that is a natural state of being that most people inately have within them.

These people can be defined by their actions.

I'm Just going to say it now the crusades weren't chrisitians being dicks they were responses to Islamic people being dicks. Just read a history book if you disagree with that.Although I can't prove it, I am not scared to admit "christians"
have twisted my glorious religion to be assholes.

Not really trying to defend monotheism quite the contrary actually, what im trying to say is that the problem remains as part of religion itself

>Monotheist
Zoroastrianism exists, user.