Is it worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrWJCDiGTSY
youtu.be/KR_2KWlLNdY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only if you're interested in watching the best anime of all time

what did you like about it?

I'd vote no.
The animation isn't that good (so much flappy mouth) and suffers from "repeat the same information three times in one scene" syndrome. They just keep talking about shit the audience has either already figured out, or shit that doesn't matter.
Plus, it doesn't really go anywhere interesting from what I remember.

Hands down the best trapped in a video game anime. But it's unnecessarily dragged out and it doesn't even give a proper conclusion to the plot. It gives a solid catharsis to the characters though so it's not a total waste of time. The OST is great which makes the slow pace bearable.

Yes

Every scene is just two characters talking to each other, it's kinda old too, don't expect much,

God no. It's the most meandering aimless garbage ever. Isekai would have become trendy much sooner had .hack been even remotely interesting.

I love how the mc is not tied to the brown girl just because she was his first friend and instead became best friends with subaru, you almost never see that.

And its comfy as fuck.

only if you play the ps2 games after seeing, always remember .hack is a multimedia franchise

at least see .sign , the 4 games and liminality ovas

I wanted to like it, but it suffers from the same problem as Mouretsu Pirates. It's boring. It builds a neat world, but does nothing with it.

Yes.

Comfy as fuck, nostalgic, 11/10 OST literally my favorite OST of all time. I'm incredibly fond of it. It's very atmospheric.

who was your favorite of the group?

Not that guy, but my favorite character was Macha. It's amazing how well her character was developed over the show.

character? Subaru or maybe Bear, but I also liked Crimson knights. Song? Fake Wings, or maybe Echoes.

The main character is in fact a girl. That's revealed at the very end. She will finally succeed to log out of the game and return to real life.
I don't think it's worth it.

Without the games to flesh out other important points about 'the world' this is a weak standalone anime but an interesting side story when compared to the other numerous stories connected to dothack

Just watch it for the music and scenes, one of the few anime that nailed that rpg type feel from it alone.

Only if you have a fetish for what MMOs could have been.

SAO for the thinking man.

really what dose she look like.

Ask your mom.

Like a true best girl. But she has a shitty personality since her mother died and her dad was a jerk.
By playing the game, she was actually trying to escape reality.

hot.

fucking best phase

youtube.com/watch?v=mrWJCDiGTSY

play the ps2 games instead

but definitely download the OST, shit's A++

who is that

The Sixth Phase

Macha: The Temptress

Play the PS2 games.

It's kinda the opposite extreme of SAO

whereas SAO is about a fucker steamrolling his way through an MMO scenario and not giving a fuck

SIGN is all about melodrama with little to no action despite the MMO setting (you'd think MMO meant "sword and sorcery fighting and dungeon looting they didn't think so) so it's kinda boring

good music though

no it's a shitty sao rip off with less action and more talking

>it's the complete opposite of SAO, so it's boring
you mean it's the complete opposite of SAO so it's not shit

I said it was "another extreme"

SAO is shit AND SIGN is boring

How come I must know...

Where the obsession need to go

are you an autistic 12 year old?

I wish Tsukasa and Mimiru had dated... He did see her first.

It's a trapped in an MMO series that best captures actually playing an MMO. It's mostly people standing around talking, wandering around dungeons and talking, and standing around waiting for something to happen.

>But she has a shitty personality
when does it show in the series?

Literally the only good thing that came out of .hack franchise

>shitty personality
nice bait the series sucked, but the manga was great.

I haven't actually watched the series since it was airing dubbed on Toonami way back when but from what I remember Tsukasa was kind of an anti-social asshole for most of the story. That was one of the things that character development helped out with.

Sort of like Haseo now that I think of it but with a lot less CRAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN.

Don't forget that shit gets weird when Tsukasa finds out he was a she, how it Subaru was a lesbian crippled cake and Bear took custody of Tsukasa.

I think Bear wanted Tsukasa/An for other reasons...

No
Pull down your pants, watching your own dick more interesting.

>cake
Weren't they roughly the same age?

>crippled cake
what does that even mean

Sure, if you go in without expecting any action at all. The characters were more of a social commentary on what kind of people would use MMOs and video games as escapism, since most of the cast have depressing circumstances in real life.

Yes, worth it for music alone.

I thought only BT was cake

Fuck me, I remembered wrong since it's been ages since I've watched the show.

This.

:D

YOU ARE HERE ALONE AGAIN
IN YOUR SWEET INSANITY

*.*

I sure am

>subaru is in a wheelchair
Man, this show was so depressing.

Play the PS2 games first. Good luck getting physical copies though.

no dont

An and her parents.

Could be worst, she could be Elk.
Macha, the cat that hung around Tsukasa got datadrained and turned into Mia, the large cat. Her memories were completely fucked up and her memory data was embedded on the Fragant Grass, the golden grass that Tsukasa gave Macha.
Later Mia reganed her memories and found out she was just an AI, snapped and transformed into her Phase form, Macha: The Temptress.
She got Data Drained by Kite in a fight and changed back to Mia before Elk appeared. Seconds later she disappeared.
He snapped and while in the final fight Elk sacrificed himself to save Kite from being Drained Heart'd.
Kite saved the day and he came back with an email popping up which made him go though a Data Bug infested 99 floor dungeon in which Macha (small cat form) appeared several times. At the end of the dungeon she was caught inside that Data Bug monster which Tsukasa had before. Killed the monster and finally Macha turned back to Mia but her memories were gone again from the time she met Kite
Happy end right?

cool

An/Mimiru

WRONG!
CCCorp being the brilliant fucks they were tried to take control of Herald's Black Box which they couldn't get into. They extracted the data of all the Phases and Mia was one of them so they tricked her and killed her off to extract Macha's data.
Elk broke down because despite her being data she was his waifu.
A fire breaks down and The World is gone. They remade the game.
He makes a new character.
It's unknow why but some AI programs called AIDA appear and take interest in people, possibly like part of the Phases since they all collected data to make Aura.
One of them takes form of a cat and Elk now called Endrance thinks it's Mia and it stays with him.
Why?
Because remember that Phases data they extracted? Endrance's character ironically has Macha's data attached to him and he can summon an Avatar of Macha.
She happens, Haseo kills the AIDA that looked like a cat and he snaps again.
Haseo saves his ass later and asks him for his strenght because he needs him.
He becomes gay for Haseo.
I mean it.
youtu.be/KR_2KWlLNdY

I got over elk's suffering. But I still can't get over the fact that Emma was a member of that ecoterrorist group and she tricked Harald so he would create Aura.
By the way is anyone translating New World's story?

I don't know. I stopped following it after Guilty Dragon ended and my character was gone.
I miss my overpowered character. ;_;

I don't even know what it's about although it seems interesting I've been stuck on F/GO.

Besides, I still feel sad over the whole Momi-G Autumn even they had years ago. Shit made me tear up because Momi-G sacrificed herself to stop her Rouge Data from going rampant.

>overpowered
what class was it

Being honest I can't remember anymore. All I remember is I had lots of good cards and had some 7 star cards. 1 was an Alkaid which I liked a lot.

lore-wise in dot hack has anyone died cause of a coma?

...that's. That's a very good question.
Probably? But I can't remember anyone off the too of my head.

.hack is still boring. Just because it didn't devolve into rape butterflies and ghost of a dead guy flavored asspulls doesn't make .hack less of a bland words words words show.

You'll find more entertainment looking at a wall for 9 hours.

If Sora or Silver Knight had killed Tsukasa, would she have died in rl you think?

>words words words show

.hack is literally a franchise built around addressing the philosophical and social issues that were created by the advent of mass Internet escapism in the late 90's

If you want to turn your brain off go watch some shonen action comedy, this is a show where you have to shut the fuck up and listen.

this

Most definitly, they made that much apparent. It's just that since every comatose patient's life was hooked into by the same circumstances if someone died, everyone died. Tsuaka (and later Sora) being exceptions since Morgana did that job personally.

Who is best boy and why is it Haseo?

Also Ovan a shit.

elk

Worth watching for the ost alone.
Same with Noir only that hack is better overall.

ty

The kid that had the Mia rippoff in .hack//Quantum, Hermit was killed off. His bpdy was frozen by his parents and his mind was digitalized and set in a cyber prison for fucking everyone in Quantum but apparently his death was on purpose but no one knows who did it.

Nope. IIRC Tsukasa was killed a few times but his death was just harming his character and respanning on the same place with Aura. His body and chothes got recked once because he pissed off Morganna.

Noir has action scenes between all the talking and the same flashbacks in every episode. I'd expect it to hold attention a bit better.

I never liked Quantum. It felt to me like a cheap cash-in that didn't contribute anything and instead just retread ground with old designs.

>recked
do you think they should have made a series about what happened to the .hackers ie tsukasa,crim,sora, BT ect?

Personally, no. I feel that the SIGN characters all had their parts end in SIGN, especially Tsukasa and Subaru.
Same goes for Kite and Haseo and their parties. They did their thing, their story ended, no need to keep bringing them back.

I'm not really fond of anything past IMOQ though. I'd rather the series have switched focus to vagrant AIs and normal players instead of trying for a reboot of the setting with GU.

Take me back to the land
Where my yearnings were born!

Except there was never a source proven for that Sup Forums theory.

What was proven is that Harold had a bittersweet love for her and his love was never reciprocated, yet he used her Epitah for the the core of fragment.

If it makes you feel better because you got baited by a bad theory, Emma was in a coffin by then, the only reason why Harold did what he did was to create a daughterfu.

The best part of .hack would be Aura and Zefie really.

mc being a bigger faggot than shinji makes it insufferable but the OST is one of the all time greats so i guess that makes it worth it.

An was 16
Sub 20 something she was a real pedo trying to get into An's pants.

I remember thinking the sequals would explain things about some of the more mysterious characters, like Helba and the like. Apparently she just got bored and took up knitting or something since she wasn't relevant after the show/games, and they went more with new people (or new characters for old people) for the Haseo era.

Very yes. One of the best anime series of all time and so much better than SAO.