Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1644

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

previous bangin thread

Other urls found in this thread:

chatpad.jp/chatroom.html
reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/uv6v3/check_out_chatpad_the_japanese_version_of_omegle/
youtube.com/watch?v=l-XYBJOKNMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please stop, it's too early in the thread for this.

Has anyone gotten good use out of lang8? Will I have to make my account appear female to get the most out of it?

No, I just made a regular male account and get corrections within minutes mostly.

For every entry I post I correct 3. Just make sure you put some effort into your corrections and people will do the same for you.

おっす

>chatpad.jp/chatroom.html

Well, that was a different talking with japanese people experience.

チーッス

ちわっす

今回もよろしくです

私の愛な本物

Did I say it right? Also if I'm trying to describe myself using an adjective, do I use は or な

I. E. 私なヤンデル?

>reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/uv6v3/check_out_chatpad_the_japanese_version_of_omegle/

thanks to our reddit buddies :^)

i.e. means "that is", you're looking for e.g.
hope that helped

It should be
>私の愛する物

Maybe you have a reason for saying 本物 but it sounds odd to me.

私の愛はホモのって言いたかったよね

Why do you English speakers even use Latin for those abbreviations?
In German we just use the German words.
i.e. -> das heißt -> d.h.
e.g. -> zum Beispiel -> z.B.

german also sounds like gagging on dick and mashed potatoes

きょわたしわらめんおたべていただきますでした

Take that back!!!
The language is one of the most beautiful ones in the entire world.

New German thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=l-XYBJOKNMg

妹アルコール臭い帰ろ

Because Normans.

i watched way more of that than i would have because i was eating some almonds but then i saw the guy fawkes mask and muttered a lil "sasuga" to myself

ちんこしゃぶらせてくれるやつを探してるぞ
ちなみに俺ゲイではなくてホモとかオカマとかはごめんだ

how would you translate this?

Anyone know how to fix media sync issues with Anki on Android phones? I'm using the deck from the sticky and it works fine on PC and on my tablet, but my phone doesn't seem to recognize the sound files, because it doesn't play sounds and downloads all of them again whenever I try to sync it. I googled it and it seems to be a somewhat common problem, but I didn't find a solution. Anyone here know what to do?

承知しました

another day another thread

also im a virgin

Totally forgot that was even in there.

Heute gebe ich wieder 24 Stunden mein Bestes!
(Danach hatte sie unglaublich krassen Sex)

>also im a virgin
ぞいちゃんが?

けがなんてしてないよ

きのうノロで・・・トイレで・・・

ちょっと・・・アレなことになっただけだよ

ちゃんと手うがしないと駄目だ!
今後もっと気を付けてね。

アレってもしかしてソレだったのかな

どう女性野少年ですか

How would I phrase "something has been stolen from someone"?

誰か盗まれた would be someone has been stolen
誰かから盗まれた ?

Is から the right choice, or do I need different grammar?

>誰かに盗まれた

That's not "it was stolen by somebody"?

I think you just blew his mind.

~は~に~を盗まれた

奇遇だな、私のも

Man doing core2k and learning 30 words each day is now taking it's toll on me, is this a signal to lower the amount of new cards per day?

Maybe change the steps needed on new cards so you have to good them 3 times instead of just 2.

It's better than burning out.

that's a good idea I'll do just that

that's true, did you do the core2k with 30 new cards the whole time? Just asking just so I can get a handle on which ways other people do the 2k

>誰かの何かが盗まれた
>誰かは何かが盗まれた

>誰かの何かが他の誰かに盗まれた

>that's true, did you do the core2k with 30 new cards the whole time?
I did, but most people don't. I do my cards on my tablet first thing in the morning every day. This is easier than doing it on my desktop because there are no distractions and I can laze in bed. About halfway through I eat breakfast to break up the monotony and then finish my reps.

>that's a good idea I'll do just that
I also changed the setting so when I fail a card it doesn't fully reset but goes to 30% of the last interval instead.
That way I'll only study the cards I really don't know.

I did 10 cards a day when I started out

after I studied kanji I found that I could do 50, but I chose to do 30 instead due to time constraints

Post the rarest Kanji you know: 灸

I don't even know what it's supposed to mean.

Think this is also the first time I've ever learned a lewd word, huge moment

抜く

>to ejaculate (while masturbating)
Then whats the word for ejaculating while not masturbating?

I see, thanks for answering

Sorry I thought I would know where to change the settings from what you told me, but I can't seem to find it. I checked on options on the deck, which tab do I change for it?

I see, I had a feeling that when I study some kanji it will help learning some of the vocab better. I'll be on to that as well

中出す

Woah, woah, woah. That's far lewder than what I learned. It was taught to me as meaning to pull out.

It's some chinese medicine bullshit where you get burnt, but I bet my ass you saw it used in a figurative sense.

No idea which one of mine is actually rare so I present you 蠱 and 籌 as the ones that looks like the biggest blobs of black on my grid.

>which tab do I change for it?
new cards -> steps (in minutes) -> change to 1 10 10
lapses -> new interval -> 30%

いぐ

あへぇ

Because England was obsessed with Rome like most of the rest of Europe and a good portion of English is from Latin languages (mostly French.)
Lots of scientists and philosophers in the past also spoke Latin which is why it's so rife in science and mathematics.

English words with Latin or Greek roots are like the 漢文 of Japanese. The loan words from the ancient prestige language that you have to use to sound smart.

>稲妻
Can someone please tell me why the wife with a rice plant is a flash of lightning?

That don't make no sense.

Isn't that ateji?

The meanings of the individual kanji don't matter.

>稲の夫 (つま) の意。稲の結実期に多く起こるので、これによって稲が実ると考えられていた

thanks user you've been a big help

Am I missing something? What's wrong with the reading list?

Does anyone have recommendations for learning material to listen to in the car? I have a two hour commute every day so it's a lot of wasted time.

how to get a better job audio tapes

Same here, I tried Japanese audio books for sherlock holmes and other stuff. That didn't go so well.

without knowing anything about your interests or level I would recommend news but even the longest NHK podcast is only an hour long

this, really

Take the subway and read some manga there.
Why people torture themselves with car bullshit is beyond me.

i dont.understand という at all.
it starts easy with jusr using という、ということ、というか. and afterwards it starts replacing と with そう、こう、ああ and now im very confused.
I want to understand this before going to special expressions.

wait till you get to 手うが

this, no one actually minds it, as long as you dont read loli or yaoi shit

im sure if there was reasonable public transit in his area he wouldnt have to drive his car two hours

if you really wanna get into it i dont know why people live in such shitty places and work such shitty jobs they must be complete suckers

>TFW you've been learning Japanese for about a week and every time you see any kanji you feel like offing yourself

There's a billion unique strokes to remember.

itll be okay dude the kanji is probably the thing youll struggle with the least dont worry about it

could've learned another in the time you spent whining like a bitch

Don't forget all the weird idioms, compounds and variations of common words that you will never know.

>tfw been studying 4 or more hours each day
>anki, iknow, wanikani + genki
>madness

I think i'm going crazy

2 hours of grammar + 2 hours of SRS a day is actually quite brutal...

There's a billion reaction images and you remember them all effortlessly. Pattern recognition is something humans are really good in.

Obedient, rebel, crafty, shrewd
Vagina
>蠱
Leech or snake or something idfuckin know
>籌
Chip, talley, token
Raise money

>he didn't do RTK

what are you doing

I live in central Ohio. There is no public transit. Rent is much cheaper outside the city where I attend school and work. I'm only driving an hour each way.

You should do more reading and listening. Don't just rely on tools to teach you stuff.

I wanna know what these ultra obscure characters mean. I'm screenshotting it to save on my phone for later.

>he wastes his time instead of learning vocab

>it will take 3 straight years of default anki grinding to learn 20k words
>you probably won't even remember half of them anyway since you don't live in Japan
出来ない truly isn't a meme.

うさぎの鳴き声をあらわすオノマトペはどれでしょう

>ワンワン
>ニャーニャー
>コケコッコー
>ゲコゲコ
>ピカチュー

it doesnt really matter though you just need to learn how to use the baby words so you have the ability to acquire more words as you start to become japanese irl

hate to be a bother but is it kill?

>>ピカチュー
これが正解

I can't read much yet.

I'm only at chapter 7 of Genki 1.
I do have many japanese readers and graded readers I plan on reading once I finish Genki 1.

It sucks finding material to read when you're such a lowbie and don't know many kanji

>It sucks finding material to read when you're such a lowbie and don't know many kanji
There's manga with furigana you know?
Dragonball is really really easy.

last time I checked (2010)almost all shounen manga has furigana

I know.

I have Shingeki no Kyoujin and Shokugeki no Souma.

But having to look up words all of the time is so time consuming it's not even fun at this moment.

Also because my grammar knowledge is, as I said, too low.

Chapter 7 of Genki 1 isn't something to brag about.

I suppose I'll be able to read shounen manga a bit better once I'm done with Genki 2?

see ->I also have a question to you guys (if you can answer it)

What level of grammar would I need to be able to read something like Bakemonogatari?
N3 at least?