Is there enough material in the manga for a new season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?

Is there enough material in the manga for a new season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/144044205/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I heard somewhere that the anime adapted everything except the last 1 or 2 volumes.

oh, so OVA then?

I don't know, since all Shaft does these days is Monogatari and the VA for Harumi (the fujo) died a year ago. But I would love to see the end of SZS animated, it's pretty crazy.

haven't watched the anime all the way but I know the twist. Is there any build up to it?

bump

From around chapter 280 onwards.

We laughed already OP, let it go and enjoy the memories

There's easily enough for like two seasons maybe a bit more.

Wat. No. The show typically did 3 chapters or so per episode, so if you count everything about half of it was animated. So there is more than enough material for 3+ seasons of SZS, but since the manga is now long over there is zero reason for Kodansha to get the lead out of their pockets to fund any more.

The only wildcard would be promoting a re-release of collected volumes as happened with Katte ni Kaizo, for which they did a 6 OVA half-season.That seems unlikely since SZS was never a big seller, but then neither was Kaizo.

Thanks for correcting me, I got that info from some user in a szs thread.

where is the thread in the archives? I can't find it.

It got a sticky with 8k replies.

damn

>since the manga is now long over there is zero reason for Kodansha to get the lead out of their pockets to fund any more.
Let's do an online petition then

I don't think online petitions have ever worked once.

Why? Second season sucked and while the third season was alright, it was nothing compared to the first. If the rest of his work is gonna be like that than I'd rather not bother getting my hopes up.

Uhhh Project Downpour?
You know, Xenoblade Chronicles and those other two literally who games?

there is more then enough, it's just not gonna happen since it's been several years, and since S3 did poorly sales-wise

yeah but where is it? I can't find it in any archive

Third Season > First Season > Second Season

>Is there enough material in the manga for a new season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?
SZS basically lasted way beyond its intended lifespan. That was why SHAFT basically told us on screen that they are sorry, but they couldn't justify making any more. It was a miracle we ever gotten that many seasons for this show to begin with.

Manga > S1 > S3 > S2

why can't they "justify" making anymore? if there is material in the manga then what's the problem?

sales user, you don't just make an anime, or any show for that matter on, just to make an animated version of it. You need income because you can't just sink a lot of money into something get less or slightly more back and expect to keep doing it.

>since all Shaft does these days is Monogatari
How can you say this when Sangatsu no lion and the zaregoto OVA are both airing in the fall

>tfw Missed the 7 year joke

desuarchive.org/a/thread/144044205/

for those who missed it