Opt out completely of a material, social and economic reality that many of us experience

>opt out completely of a material, social and economic reality that many of us experience
>some of the healthiest people in the world mentally and physically
>some of the most stress free people in the world
Humanity wasn't made for modern life

Other urls found in this thread:

ashdin.com/journals/JEM/235885/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120402162546.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24756641
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Humanity wasn't made for modern life

Humans thrive when they have to struggle to survive. They grow in number, are their most creative, and their most powerful on the whole.

They suck at times of peace and plenty and turn on each other.

It isn't unique to humans though, just look at the mouse universe experiments.

>Humans thrive when they have to struggle to survive

We need a new frontier.

As an aside, most ot those people don't have to work much. They have simple clothing and living structures and living a hunter gather lifestyle in an area with plenty of game and food available allows for plenty of downtime.

Anthropoligists figured the average hunter/gather did less than 5 hours of work a week in a resource heavy area and spent the rest of their time singing, fucking, sleeping, and other leisurely activities.

While great for having good mental and physical health, it sucks shit for advancing their species beyond a basic state.

Humans grow when they have to struggle.

Oh yeah, that's why they still live in mud huts and die by the age of 25
>some of the most stress free people in the world
Same logic as "idiots aren't aware of their own stupidity"
no we weren't, we built modern society for ourselves

Actually, I never thought about it that way. You make a good point. +1

>Healthiest people.
Becoming an ancestor at 40 is healthy?

it's all fun and games until you have acute appendicitis and all you can do is eat sopa macaco while your appendices grow exponentially by each hour

>some of the healthiest people in the world
Living to the ripe old age of 25 isn't exactly healthy you fucking clown.

wtf i hate not dying of sepsis from a broken leg now

wtf i hate successful childbirth now

wtf i hate not dying to natural disasters now

wtf i hate not being forced to migrate due to changing weather patterns now

wtf i hate not being victim to violent crimes now

wtf i hate not fearing wild animals now

When the polar permafrosts melt we'll experience Manifest Destiny 2: Siberian Boogaloo

>age 35
>die of malaria

>knows their lives are objectively better than ours in every way
>still thinks civilization is ideal
how

>poles finally flip
>ozone regenerates under new, rejuvenated magnetic field
>descendants of the Irish, who won the great Siberian land rush, experience second and larger potato famine as the permafrost returns

You know you're just going to get a bunch of "lololol humans r the virus badguys xd who wants to live past 40 reproduction is evil" bullshit on nu-Sup Forums, right?

ITT: Americans finally learn what everyone else already knew.

time for celebration

the myth of the noble savage was debunked decades ago. these societies are incredibly violent and there are huge rates of physical and sexual abuse. read some anthropological texts about hunter gatherers in the amazon, new guinea or australia

>>descendants of the Irish, who won the great Siberian land rush, experience second and larger potato famine as the permafrost returns

OY VEY IT'S ANUDDAH SHOAH

They all have parasites.

>mouse universe experiments
>"""experiments"""
Wew, if you trap a bunch of animals in a small space and let them breed until they barely have enough space to move will affect their behavior. STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!
I don't think it can even be called an experiment, and it wasn't about what you said it was about.

White people were made to transcend.

>there are huge rates of physical and sexual abuse

So what you're saying is they get to go around just hunting, eating, sleeping, and having kinky sex?

>stress free
They saw something unidentifiable in the sky and felt the need to fetch their weapons to fight it. That's pretty much the opposite of a low stress environment.

>malaria
>literally an African disease brought by europeans

why don't you go oonga in the boonga if it's so great

>a small infection will kill them
>dying during childbirth is common
>stds run rampant
>a simple flu kills 1/3 of the population every year
>cavities and tooth decay related deaths
>parasites in the intestines
Do you even realize how harsh life is without basic medical care, pain killers and emergency hospitals?
They're living like animals.
You think that's better?
Go live in the woods for a week and see how you feel about it.
You'll be crying for a hot shower, soap, and a warm bed.
Fuck these Amazon niggers.

the effects were maintained even as the population declined, meaning the effects of overpopulation were permanent and irreversible.

>wtf i hate not being forced to migrate due to changing weather patterns now
>wtf i hate not being victim to violent crimes now
>wtf i hate not fearing wild animals now

>wtf I don't know shit about what I'm talking about

Occasional stressful event =! Chronic daily stress

Humans evolved to react to the odd bear or lion or some shit trying to kill them, they didn't evolve to get woken up at 6am by an alarm clock or having to shuffle papers for hours in the evening because Piggy McMoneybags wants a bonus this year

>be materially wealthy, well-fed and living in peace
>still painfully cognizant of the evil and injustice transpiring in the world all around me and busy watching events and designing new forms of government to fix everything
Why is the White Man's Burden so heavy, I just want to sleep and play videogames but retards keep fucking the world up.

Nope.

Your hated bosses evolved the same way as you did, maybe you should apply yourself and make money on your own, or maybe you should move out of Worst Korea where you all work 16 hours a day because you can't into workplace efficiency and are too obsessed with the "honor" of being the last person to leave the office.

Don't even TRY to pass off that Asian cultural autism as muh evil capitalists.

Ironically humanity WAS MADE for this slavery of a life. However our ancestors fought tooth and nail to become free and payed the ultimate price. We simply forgot and now we have children parading as 25+ year olds larping through life. Zero critical thinking, zero curiosity and almost no clue about any recent human history, let alone humanities complete history. Despite the fact that hese people are being breed and made deliberately nowadays it's still amazing how most of them never get pushed to a point where they become atleast somewhat red pill aware. There's so much to learn about life and people are stuck with how many Instagram followers they have and how many protein shakes to drink. Whilst in actuality having no real social life and friends and being lanky/out of shape af. It's truly maddening OP. This is what they died for 10.000 years ago, if our forefathers could only witness this oh boy..

No one is forcing you to work that job, user. Find a new one.

And you're wrong, when the first reaction to the unknown is to feel threatened, that's indicative of a stressful environment.

you don't think you might feel threatened if you were an isolated hunter gatherer who just saw a fucking helicopter?

I feel you man.

Ok, so they don't have modern, comfortable lives. That point can be conceded. But I think that's actually part of the point: They suffer, but also live, socialize, shelter, etc in a more human way.

These people live in an equilibrium with their environment. Go ahead and make fun of their simplistic styles, at least you can count on them never being a nuclear threat; or dump chemicals into your water; or create sprawling grey stains across the habitable places of the earth

The point is that an extremely stressful event lasting maybe 20-30 minutes once a week is actually less damaging to the human body and mind than chronic stress for hours or days, even if it's less extreme.

They've done science and shit on this and it's just true.

>They've done science and shit on this and it's just true.
Prove it, slope.

That's the point. Ignorance isn't always bliss.

citation needed

>he doesn't mindlessly think living in this nihilistic post-industrial hellhole is the best thing to have ever happened to mankind since we discovered fire
lamo get a load of this grandpa

>how many protein shakes to drink
As many as you have money for or until you feel full, powdered and flavored whey is the best thing since way before sliced bread. Don't you even start on protein shakes, they are the best possible thing to drink when hungry but in a hurry, it has nothing to even do with being swole or not.

I will fite you irl if you do not apologize for the aspersions you have cast on my protein shake. My straw reaches across the table and I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE.

If our forefathers 10,000 years ago could witness this they would order an extra large burger with extra grease and salt, an extra extra extra large protein shake of their preferred flavor, and get the adult channels on cable and fuck while watching them. They would get jobs as ditch diggers and flaggers, and buy a whole pile of delicious potato-based fast food every day after getting off work, and they would eat fresh citrus fruits whenever they felt like it, and they would learn to read strictly so they could read comics and hentai. 10,000 years ago was a long time before the Catholics and even the Buddhists.

what is their god?
I hope it is a skeleton

> Humanity wasn't made for modern life
true

Space: The Final Frontier.

We just need to increase the average IQ to get us there.

No one claims that our ancestors did not experience psychosocial stressors, or that modern hunter-gatherer populations do not also experience stress. Furthermore, most industrialized populations have now been buffered from a variety of stressors (Table 2), including many infectious diseases and death by predation or (depending on socioeconomic and political factors) other violent acts (with automobile accidents being among notable exceptions). Some may even experience too much reduction in social stressors, so much so that they lack motivation to achieve personal goals and contribute to society, or so that they develop socially aberrant behaviors. The capacity to experience changes in our emotional state is an adaptation to conserve and allocate resources for different opportunities [105], and some anxiety is useful for removing oneself from dangerous situations [106]. Studies of temperament and personality have identified “sensation-seeking” or “reward-seeking” individuals with lower levels of anxiety compared to most others, who exhibit a higher propensity for seeking novelty and excitement (e.g., [107]). Sensation-seeking behaviors are encompassed in normal personality traits and, in and of themselves, are not problematic. However, these traits are highly associated with problematic behaviors, including antisocial behaviors in children and adults [108] and substance abuse [109]. Personality characteristics that may have provided an evolutionary advantage before (e.g., low anxiety, willingness to take on risk and novel situations) may become problematic now.

ashdin.com/journals/JEM/235885/

sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120402162546.htm

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24756641

Stress free. user, my toaster is stress free. They are stress free because they are mindless. Life isn't about being comfortable, it's about shredding yourself at the altar of improvement and making sure your descendants do the same.

I know that pic is meant to be inspiring but it's honestly hilarious, it's like a Greek cripple tinkering on his mechanical fatmobile.

>Soon

I would pay to see a debate between an anacho primitivist and a trans humanist