Why do commieblocks absolutely need to have windows...

Why do commieblocks absolutely need to have windows? Why don't they buy up a semi-large area (a few square kilometers/miles) and just fill it with pic related? You would solve most housing issues for nearly no cost, and then you could focus on building nice-looking housing (with windows) without having to compromise on efficiency or cost.

because vodka and an open window is all the happy people need.

This is literally how leftists and "new urbanists" want us to live. When they decry the inefficiency of detached single family housing, this is what they want for everyone (except the rich, who will still have nice mansions to live in)

I would sooner kill myself than live in a house without a window.

No, they support regular commieblocks, which are horribly inefficient. Over 80% of the space is wasted.

Buildings like this will quickly fall into disrepair as per the tragedy of the commons and most people living in them will probably become depressed over time and/or want to kill themselves

Without a window people actually get fucking depressed and suicidal.

gee user youre right. Who needs windows? I really want to live in a 4x4m room with no windows or natural light. I mean, we all know how terribly overpopulated the world, especially russia, is so its vital that the space be used as effectively as possible. Just look at this favela, isnt it more efficient than a horrible old rural european village? Urgh, who would want to live in a farmhouse or something?

Maintenance would be the responsibility of the property owner, which in Sweden would be either the landlord (rented) or the homeowners' association (bought).
That can be solved with artificial light though, people can live in basements just fine without killing themselves.
There are housing shortages though, this kind of solutions would solve them in the short term and provide enough room for growth for the neighboring cities.

No, that favela is inefficient, too low buildings.

>That can be solved with artificial light though,
Go to hell swedecuck

>No, that favela is inefficient, too low buildings.
Exactly what I said earlier, they want us in high rise favelas

Artificial light is fully sufficient for most (e.g. suicide prevention) purposes, you could still go outside.
Favelas are unstructured and messy, there would be no crime in largescale commieblocks since there wouldn't be anywhere to commit crime (the area would just be 100% apartments, so even if only criminals lived there the crime would be outside of the building)

>Artificial light
Eat shit nigger

>Favelas are unstructured and messy, there would be no crime in largescale commieblocks since there wouldn't be anywhere to commit crime (the area would just be 100% apartments, so even if only criminals lived there the crime would be outside of the building)
I bet this isn't a troll. I bet you really are this stupid

>what are projects
pathetic

It would though. The issues with commieblocks today is that they create areas with many undesirables who can interact with each other, so you get things like selling drugs. If there are no open areas (e.g. it's surrounded by a highway on all sides) there will be no such social tensions.

Projects are only around 20% efficient, see . There is lots of empty(wasted) space, and crime can flourish there. If we remove it we can build more apartments and also solve the "crime in the ghetto" issue.

>areas with many undesirables who can interact with each other,
Hallways
Elevators
Common areas
And of course the apartments themselves

That's why housing projects are rife with crime

Hallways would be removed. Elevators can have cameras, it's no invasion of privacy. There won't be any common areas, that's the whole point. What people do inside their apartments is their personal problem as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.
Projects have crime since there are common areas, if we simply remove these then they will have to commit their crime in the city.

>Hallways would be removed.
How do people get to their apartment

The elevator goes to the front door. This is solvable using modern technology.

So one apartment per floor?

damn dude you must be high as fuck, that's amazing you can still type

elevator gets 2-3 apartments on each floor

looks like hell to me. I'll stay on my farm thanks.

I think OP is a bit too extreme. The most sufficient solution would be to add small openings evenly distributed on the roof. This would allow everyone to stick out their heads and enjoy sunlight for a few minutes every day. Of course, there would be a schedule everyone would have to agree since any person at the top would block the light from reaching the people below.

Of course, I realize that not everyone lives at the equator so we would have to install mirrors on the roof to redirect the light somehow. For safety, we would have to install nets at adequate heights. All things said, I believe this is the most sufficient luxury we can provide in the commieblock.

Wouldn't be a very big building, nothing as big as the thing in the op

> step 1: build apartments without windows
> step 2: with the savings build houses with windows
dumbest fucking shit I've ever heard on Sup Forums. Lay off the kvass finn

we call those prisons in the US

No, multiple elevators. Scheduling is not hard, elevators already have this problem when multiple people press the same button at the same time.
One elevator gets 4 apartments, but you can have multiple elevators in one building.
You could just go outside.
No, they're done by different groups. The apartments with issues is to lower housing costs to make them affordable, then you can build nice apartments/houses at a slow pace.

You can't just cram that many people into a small area without any services it doesn't work like that.

>then you can build
notice, its never 'I can build' with these idiots. they think everyone else should carry the load.

>wants commieblock cucksheds
>Sweden

It's the common way to describe it in technical documentation

Looks comfy as fuck

Just end immigration and foreigners buying your houses.

>No, they're done by different groups. The apartments with issues is to lower housing costs to make them affordable, then you can build nice apartments/houses at a slow pace.

Dude you just defeated your own argument. You admitted the superior desirability of houses. You do realize that increasing the supply of houses in the first place will lower the costs of houses for everyone my making them a staple whereas when commie blocks are the norm, houses (not housing) will become expensive luxuries because most people don't build new houses, but buy existing ones. This means houses will be more expensive and no one will be able to own one. Nevermind the negative effects of a lack of land/property ownership has on economies.

Only if you live in a white country. In this shithole country you would be surrounded by loud obnoxious spics and niggers and want to kill yourself every day.

This is for solving housing shortages, there are no issues about having a lack of houses for anyone's who's willing to cough up $300k or (((loan))).

You are a nasty little man.

The only areas of the first world with housing shortages are areas where there's not a lot of land available to begin with and where, realistically speaking, people have to live with a bunch of roommates because rent is so high even though there's a lot of apartments. There'd be less of a housing problem if populations were spread out among suburbs because a lack of them is specially why housing is so expensive as they soak up most of the wealth and leave the poor in cities, which forces landlords to offer cheap rent, making housing cheaper for those who actually need it.

Even prisons have windows

>The only areas of the first world with housing shortages are areas where there's not a lot of land available to begin with and where, realistically speaking, people have to live with a bunch of roommates because rent is so high even though there's a lot of apartments
Right, and this makes much more efficient use of the space. If it's 5x more efficient, it's 5x as cheap, approximately.

bump

So much livable area is wasted to the vacuum of space. We should envelop the entire solar system in a concrete megastructure and all share one big home together.

>mirrors on the roof
>stick head out window, get the force of 1000 suns reflected onto it
WHAT DO YOU SEE?

SLIDE THREAD

We are under attack from Sorosbots. Do not encourage slide threads.