Opinions on Mormons?

Mormons talked Howard Hughes into giving them a huge amount of money upon his death, have a huge representation in security clearance jobs, come off as fanatically goody two shoes, and wear magical underwear. What should I know about the Mormons? Help me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=EK6RN5WcnSc
youtube.com/watch?v=N3cJ7MMciGg
utlm.org/navtopicalindex.htm
utlm.org/navonlineresources.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ag7R3Y9GjLY
byustudies.byu.edu/content/volume-6-chapter-19
lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/2.41
biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/7.htm
biblehub.com/kjv/james/1.htm
youtu.be/7uviIkdEua8
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 14:6&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 15:4&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Timothy 3:16&version=KJV
youtu.be/DC6c5T_dFK8
mit.irr.org/can-human-beings-become-gods-answers-mormon-arguments-bible
fairmormon.org/answers/Question:_Did_Joseph_Smith_prophesy_that_Jesus_Christ_would_return_in_1890?
fairmormon.org/answers/Joseph_Smith/Prophet/Civil_War
lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1.1-13
merliannews.com/Notorious_Ancient_Gold_Library_Claims_Proven_von_D_niken_is_Vindicated_by_Erich_von_D_niken_with_Giorgio_A_Tsoukalos_editor_of_History_Is_Wrong_and_Tankred_Jeker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUMP

I live in Utah. They're great. Ever mormon woman I've met has been prime wife material outside of the older ones.

That chick from final destination 2/ Criminal Minds turned my dick into diamonds

Julianne Hough too

define great though
Are you a LDS member

No clue but that whole puritanism stuff with the underpants is a joke
If God made you naked, why is underwear so magical?

Nope. My brother in laws family is though and pretty much all of them live in nice houses with 3-6 kids and spend their family nights playing boardgames together.

I'm too degenerate for LDS, but I there have been problems with pedophelia, and the whole loli 3rd wife thing too

>Not wanting a loli wife
kys

If you can get over the false religion and truly anti-christian ideas in Doctrines and Covenants and Pearl of Great(those are the books they dont want you to read) the Mormon family culture is good and you can find a good women to marry.

I tried it out but after reading their real beliefs and learning that they will steal 10% of my money per year I refused to join.

I used to play basketball with Mormons all of the time. Dudes are super nice but a bit too nice too seem like normal Americans so it’s a little weird. Women are very traditional and are willing to be crazy for their husband I’ve heard

Out driving around and getting drunk with friends. Some how end up at mormom social event. Meet chick in parking lot, goes drinking with use. 2 weeks later moves in with me. After 3 months her parents came and saved her. It was fun while it lasted.

not so fast - my coworker has a Mormon wife, and she went nuts and left him high and dry after like 30 years of marriage. Her children are the most sanctimonious liberals imaginable. My dad worked with one and laid the utmost praise on the guy.. dad got pissed off when I called it a cult even.. I should've told him to join

All the mormons I've met have been absolutely lovely. As a friendless autist I get worryingly tempted to accept their offers to check out their meetings.

Cancer

Their are always going to be exceptions when you are talking about a religion. However, I doubt they were good Mormons, had temple recommends, payed their 10% etc because a divorce (with few exceptions) means you will not be with "heavenly feather" in the highest level of the celestial kingdom. Which for Mormons is of supreme importance.

The whole goal of Mormons is to be like "heavenly father" and have their own planet where they can populate new universes.

The Doctrine & Covenants states:

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, ...Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; ...and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, ...and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me. (Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-22)

The girls are brought up believing this BS and will usually make for good wives assuming you join the LDS church, become a priest holder, get temple recommend, and do everything the church says too.

God also made the first clothes.

m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=EK6RN5WcnSc

Mormons call non Mormons/Jews goys. They are bringing immigrants from Mexico, Africa, and central and south America to darken Utah. Don't fall for the act, they are as bad as Jews and Catholics.

>phoneposter

Isn't that the same pastor that said he would prefer a Europe full of african and arab christians over an atheist Europe full of white Europeans? The same one that tried to pretend all white people were part african and so racemixing could have no negative effect? Yeah go fuck yourself. Magic underwear is silly, but that man is anti white plain and simple.

youtube.com/watch?v=N3cJ7MMciGg

Listen to these Arrogant and prideful words of smith. Remember GOD hates pride. Proverbs 16:5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409) Joseph Smith

The Bible is all you need

8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (NAS)

utlm.org/navtopicalindex.htm

utlm.org/navonlineresources.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=ag7R3Y9GjLY

Mormons are of the devil, they teach polytheism, and a works based salvation. They are all perverts, never knew a mormon that wasn't as dirty as they were stupid

Very true. As Mormonism has become harder to "sell" to Americans and Western Europeans, the Church has gone international to boost their enrollment numbers and tithe payers.

this is such a poor imitation of the Gospel it's just sad, yet mormons will say "the bible is written by a bunch of men" yet claim to be christian, even though Christ taught that the only way to heaven is by faith in him, absolutely disgusting

I grew up in the Mormon church. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest in a community with lot of Mormons. My family was hardcore. My parents still are. My dad was a bishop and later a stake president. I went on 2 year mission in Venezuela back in the early 2000s.

The church seems to have changed quite a bit in the last 10-15 years. Growing up there was a big emphasis on family and education. There still is but there also seems to be a huge effort underway to make the church cucked and progressive. In the past Blacks couldn't hold office or be baptized and early church leaders were all "White nationalists". Now they've completely moved away and denounced that previous doctrine.

There also used to be a big emphasis on individualism, personal responsibility, preparation for economic downturn, war, pestilence and disease. They encouraged members to learn to garden, can, sew, ect. They also encouraged members to stay out of debt and to save money. They encouraged members to store a 2 year supply of food to feed the entire family. As far as I can tell they no longer promote such ideas.

Beyond those valuable lessons, many of which i've taken to heart (I have a 2 year food supply for my family), much of the religious teachings are very cult like. The pressure to pay 10% of your income is insane. They tell you that you'll burn in hell if you don't pay. Leaving the church is nearly impossible. I'm technically still a member, though I haven't set foot in Mormon church for over a decade and they still send members and missionaries to my house. Even after moving multiple times in the past ten years the local ward has found me and sent members and missionaries.

If you are prepared for what you getting yourself into, and you live outside Utah, you'll be around mostly White people who value education, family and sexual purity. A one life one wife mentality is very strong. They also encourage the women to get married young, as virgins, and to have many children.

>this
im not a mormon, im a catholic/ scientologist but have mormons in my extended family and yes they are a bit cultish but they are happy and functional. the bigamy is a bonus too or a curse depending on how many wives you want... i guess you can always buy a shed to hide in.

lol nice out of context quote faggot

byustudies.byu.edu/content/volume-6-chapter-19

only faggots take quotes out of context

here is the opening

God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil—all corruption

and here is what is said after

When I love the poor, I ask no favors of the rich. I can go to the cross—I can lay down my life; but don't forsake me. I want the friendship of my brethren.—Let us teach the things of Jesus Christ. Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a downfall.

Be meek and lowly, upright and pure; render good for evil. If you bring on yourselves your own destruction, I will complain. It is not right for a man to bare down his neck to the oppressor always. Be humble and patient in all circumstances of life; we shall then triumph more gloriously. What a thing it is for a man to be accused of committing adultery, and having seven wives, when I can only find one

or how about

I am at all times willing to give up everything that is wrong, for I wish this people to have a virtuous leader, I have set your minds at liberty by letting you know the things of Christ Jesus.

if youre going to talk shit, dont be disingenous.

Joseph loved Christ enough to die for him.

If don't believe in Catholic saints but they died for their faith so I don't talk shit about them as they earned their spot with Christ.

Would your pastors die for Christ? I bet you hard money most wouldnt.

17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/2.41

i like how you mock teachings that are supposed to make us love others.

didnt Christ say you would know them by their fruits? wouldn't a fruit be writing something that tells you to serve your fellow man in such a way.

>There also used to be a big emphasis on individualism, personal responsibility, preparation for economic downturn, war, pestilence and disease. They encouraged members to learn to garden, can, sew, ect. They also encouraged members to stay out of debt and to save money. They encouraged members to store a 2 year supply of food to feed the entire family. As far as I can tell they no longer promote such ideas.

wait whaaaaaaat? for real? I've been out for a few years now, but have they seriously stopped teaching the one thing that makes them based as a community?

>What should I know about the mormons?
They're a bible-based cult if you want to get technical and frank about what they are.
For a while now, they've been pushing to have themselves classified as Christian and have put a huge amount of money into the PR campaign and deliberately dodge the doctrines that separate them from Christians as much as possible (Try looking at their website, for instance.)

If you want a good rundown of what Mormons believe without all the changes they've instituted over the years and the glossy PR work; look at the beliefs of the FLDS church and that'll give you an idea of what's going on: the LDS as you know it is a breakoff that got big and teaches heresy from the original beliefs of mormonism.

Some doctrines I advise looking into to distinguish the LDS from Christianity:
>The trinitarian divinity of Jesus (this is the biggest and most important distinction)
>Origin and relation of Satan to Jesus
>The conception of Jesus and how it came about
>Trinity in general
>Belief in scripture as truth and not adding to it
>Difference between "Mormon Glories" and Christian Afterlife
>Salvation through works
>True church theory

That's a good start, although there are more incredibly distinct examples which I'm sure you can find yourself.

>TL;DR: Mormonism =\= Christianity

Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you various anons, I got places to be soon.

let me correct ignorance from experience

the largest convert group in the world is white americans

the honest truth is white converts join and stay active in the church far more than any other group

the most disappointing thing is most based white people are too damn lazy to read the book of mormon

here is how you become a mormon

1. read the book of mormon
2. ask god if its true

bingo bango if you get an answer from God, thats it

tell me another religion that tells you to go talk to God and ask if its true and then to serve the rest of your life helping others and making a large wholesome family

biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/7.htm

Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

it sounds like Jesus cares less about what you believe than how you serve

he also points out people that do good (good fruit) are by that measure good trees and evil fruit cant come from good trees

Mormons are the true chosen.

they still teach it. this thread is like a game of telephone about the church.

just go read about it like i did about catholicism and buddhism and hindu from their own books

wanna save the white race or your country? dont be a lazy piece of crap and read the book

mormons unlike jews dont have some secret desire to control the world

we just want to live in peace

Hey man, it's not like I'm gonna go out of my way to sit through another General Conference again. and I'm not a potential convert, I know how the game works.

Reading the book of mormon is the first key that the entire religion was BS. You want smart people to believe that a lost tribe in Israel made it to the US on a boat and set up a huge civilization around 600 BC which has no absolutely NO HISTORICAL basis or artifacts to back it up? No proof whatsoever except from the conman Joseph--who was indited and convicted of fraud numerous times. Seems legit.

The reason Mormons always appeal to a human's emotions or feelings is to circumvent reason and logic.

Man was made naturally irrational and degenerate by the fall, hence why copious clothing is necessary to help in procuring right-thinking and virtue.

Not far off from most religions.

ill make it simple and then im done

if you like

SJW, Alcohol, Smoking, Tea, Gay Marriage, Wedlock, Crime, etc.

then don't be Mormon

want

pretty white wife, lots of kids, community, clean living, friendship, help, etc.

then read the book and ask God if its true

notice how i didnt say ask your preacher, a mormon, the government, some random person

why? cuz their opinion is shit

God is no respector of persons. he tells you to do this in the new testament and it started our religion

biblehub.com/kjv/james/1.htm

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

By the way if Joseph wanted money and sex, it was far easier to get it being a Quaker

They operated free love commune cults in the same area as Joseph Smith where they had their men and women in common and a leader of those groups could have anything

Instead he saw all his brothers murdered, buried his young kids, was betrayed by his closest friends, driven from area to area by ignorant hicks, and watched those he loved murdered, raped, robbed while God stayed his hand

if he wasn't a man of God, then he was a very great man by any measure

you do realize he wanted to prevent the Civil War by buying all the slaves freedom as President and sending them back to Africa till he was assassinated?

imagine a truly white America with a mormon majority from all over Europe and tell me it wouldn't have been a wonderful place

instead we live in this shit hole the synagogue of satan has built while we slowly get poisoned and watch our children get robbed from us

your choice brothers on if you won't man up and just ask God what he thinks like a real man

>8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (NAS)

You do realize that Paul and the rest of the apostles were arguing right?

That in fact James and Peter explicitly say that misfollowing Paul through erosions understanding will lead you to hell.

James 2

>14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

2nd peter 3

>15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

You have to understand Paul. He was smart and educated and sarcastic. Some of what he says is not it's plain meaning as is the case with this verse you quote.

Paul clearly advocated works, and diligence, and steadfastness, but acknowledges like Job that we are not saved by our works but by the grace of god alone.

We are both saved by grace alone, and as saved beings required to bring forth fruit.

lol go read about manifest destiny

what archealogical find are you going to tell me was wrong?

the noble savage that never fought full scale war?

the lack of white tribes though vikings have been found all the way in the midwest?

how about lewis and clarke meeting white tribes?

what about the Egyptian funerary rites that are observed?

so knowing that your I can prove the Book wrong with science bullshit is just bullshit

why not read and ask God?

you act like thats the hardest thing on earth when its the first step to not being a faggot

if he says its not true, great. you have your answer and you can tell everyone.

This was prophesied long ago. The first shall be the last. The gospel is to be preached to each nation and people in turn gathering the righteous from among them.

eventually no on will want to hear the gospel and the lord god will withdraw the missionaries and send the testimonies of thunder, and lightning and all manner of calamity.

The missionaries still preach. The hour is not yet done. China will open their doors next.

meh, its no game. i swear talking to people about the church triggers pure autistic retardism in all of them.

ive studied all the religions in depth to make my choice and it was the only one that just said here is a potential proof you can ask God about and see if its true

i took the challenge and let God tell me what his opinion was but when i point it out to others that its logical to just ask God, I get pure grand maul retarded autism with them never opening the book

its no wonder the white race is self destructing.

Lolz--I have read the book of mormon, Doctrine and covenants, and pearl of great price (I bet u have not read the latter two because it entirely screws your entire religion). I prayed and was told it was from the devil and a fraud.

Problem with most Mormons is they dont read their own books. They sit around "knowing" that the book of Mormon is true rather then using reason, logic, and history.

I read them all and far more. I can tell youve not read them or you wouldnt be calling me out.

What part was a fraud? The parts exhorting you to serve your fellow man? The parts that teach to look forward to Christ?

Im really curious, what's from the devil in the books?

To sun this up:
Faith saves you
Works are proof you're not a LARPing kike/pagan/commie/degenerate/etc.

I guess when they extol the virtues of the Anti Nephi Lehites that was the opposite of what Jesus taught right?

Utter pacificism to the point of worshiping God instead of killing your brother while they came upon you in war sounds like Lucifer

Geez we couldnt have used that teaching in the great Christian wars of WW1 and WW2 right?

Lucifer would have rejoiced seeing Christians on one side of the trenches refusing to commit atrocities on the Christians on the other side

He was a career criminal and died in a shootout. Has failed prophecy's. The golden plates are gone and yet revisions occurred without the original source. There are so many holes in the ship that is Mormonism but you do not want to see them.

2 Timothy 4
For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4 So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Tea? Seriously

youtu.be/7uviIkdEua8

Red pill truth

>it sounds like Jesus cares less about what you believe than how you serve

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 14:6&version=KJV

>he also points out people that do good (good fruit) are by that measure good trees and evil fruit cant come from good trees

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 15:4&version=KJV

Bless you m8, Jesus most certainly does care; It's not like he isn't up front about it though.

Read your bible and be wary of teachings and test them against scripture wherever and whenever you hear them, otherwise it's easy to hang on to doctrines that "tickle your ears" rather than ones that are sound and good.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Timothy 3:16&version=KJV

youtu.be/DC6c5T_dFK8 [Open]

Red pilled

works don't save the man, they purify them

or I guess Jesus was larping when he told us to take up our crosses and follow him

he just meant that figuratively

its disgusting that the white race that produced such powerful Christians has become the soft, weak shells of faith we used to be

like Bane said, victory has defeated us

>There also used to be a big emphasis on individualism, personal responsibility, preparation for economic downturn, war, pestilence and disease. They encouraged members to learn to garden, can, sew, ect. They also encouraged members to stay out of debt and to save money.

That was a meme. Kimball and the other apostles went over after world war 2 and saw the starvation, hardship and suffering the war had brought. The extreme privations and suffering scared their psyches giving them a kind of ptsd.

They had lived through the great depression. Their parents had seen the Mormon persecution, them driven from their homes in winter living in ditches, dying in the cold.

And in this light and the new era of nuclear war, And their history that Kimble said it would be a good idea to have a years worth of stores. (Self sufficiency) because he felt that it would be good for the Mormon people to be prepared for that kind of war, so their suffereibg would not be as great.

But it was a meme. Repeated by the "faithful" but unpracticed.

Why because the joke goes that if you actuallly kept good storage after a couple of years so much was going bad that all you would eat would be your years supply of storage..... (modern stuff is different).

by your works ye shall know them. you still havent explained the book of mormon though you called it out

tell me what teaching in it is of lucifer?

name one. ill wait

So many juicy bits hard to begin. Lets start with this dozy

You believe that you can become a god just like "heavenly father" --this is against all christian teachings.

Doctrine & Covenants states:

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, ...Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; ...and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, ...and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me. (Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-22)

MOAR of your BS

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, 2007.

"God Himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret." (p. 40)

"Here, then, is eternal life—to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, . . ." (p. 221)

Where exactly in the Pacific Northwest my lad?

what doctrine is it that tickles my ears? that God loves us. that he sent Christ. tell me what Book of Mormon passage is so controversial in its teaching about Jesus.

they're tolerable for now, but they will side with the nonwhites when shit hits the fan between the races

the mormon question still needs to be asked, especially after how well a neocon cia agent did with them last election

bruh, I was a missionary for two years. I was a faithful, true-believing, scripture studying Mormon for 23 years.

I've read the damn book. I know how the game works.

lol not one passage from the book of mormon is ever quoted as being nefarious. you do realize that i am saying the same thing over and over again.

if the book of mormon is evil, you can show me a passage teaching something false about Christ in it

if its not evil, then reading it does no harm. hell ive even read all the anti mormon stuff in making my choice.

but in the end, God is wiser than man and seeing as nothing in the Book of Mormon taught me to do evil but kept telling me to do good, I asked God

And he answered

All the rest of you anti's are larping with character assasination, doctrinal claims that are no less ridiculous than believing a man crucified by the romans was the son of god

so here we are. the book is true or its not and only God can answer it

bullshit, we were persecuted for believing that brown people had the mark of cain

we side with good people, thats it. claiming we are anti white is horse shit

CMON BRO answer the question: do you agree with the passages of Doctrines and Covenants which says you will become a god? Yes or NO?

who cares about your pedigree. either the book is true or its not whether youve been in 1 or 100 years

being a fair weather fan doesnt make you cool, quite the opposite. even peter denied the Lord 3 times before the end.

or in other words, your story isnt special. man abandons God, not the other way round.

>Leaving the church is nearly impossible.
You have to ask to have your name removed from their roster. Then that will stop happening.

you were persecuted because you're all fucking retarded and heretics

The model white man image isn't going to last forever. Cult members follow the leader, and once the church fully embraces anti-white doctrine, you're going to turn into the ememy, just like catholics

>never points out 'evil' book of mormon scriptures
disingenous.

ill answer your shitty question with a question.

do you believe we are children of God? what do children become?

Sons Through Faith in Christ

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Not really.

The faith that gains salvation is the same faith that is shown by works, and through works we purify our souls as is recorded in second peter chapter 1.

They are so intertwined as to be the indentical components of the process of salvation. A dual manifestation each coupled to the other.

Pual uses Abraham as his subject saying he was willing to kill Isaac, believing God had all power, and his faith was attributed to him for righteousness.

Imagine the faith that takes. To sacrifice your own child. And this is Paul's example of faith.

Abraham became the father of the faithful.

And yet he also says all you need to become like Abraham saved in gods bosom is say a few words. That's it.

And yet Paul suffered for gods namesake. He was cast upon the deep for many nights and days. He was jailed, and he even says "if the dead rise not at all why are we then baptized for the dead?" Referring to their own selves whom without salvation and eternal life are dead (quick and the dead), and "why stand we in jeapordy every hour" 'subject to the cruelty of ceasar, killed in the games, sent to prison labor camps' ...

He says he hopes to endure faithful to the end that he might receive his glorious reward.

And yet all it takes is a few words. . .

We are warned of Beings of light and Spirits bringing different gospels which led many astray. Joseph was approached by beings of light, said it himself. That should be cause for concern, if you want to find the true fullness of Christ. It should scare you honestly. I am not typing this to piss you off but I care and it what Christ would want. If you seek the truth, it will not be hard to find out LDS Scripture is not inspired from God.

2 Corinthians 11-14

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.

So it is not point somewhere specifically in the LDS book, but the whole thing has to be discarded. And with you living under the LDS teachings and doctrines you are making christ to be a liar.

Matthew 11:30
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

>goes to megabusiness church teaching prosperity gospel
>calls mormons preaching to the poor worldwide cultists
have you read the book? have you prayed about it? if you havent, your opinion isnt worth much

ive yet to see one user here actually pull a scripture from the book of mormon and say 'look at how stupid this is. how could you believe something so retarded.'

white men used to have real debates about philosophy and religion. i dont mind being challenged, its why i read all the religions. even zoroastrism and took a course by a rabbi on the torah.

but this thread. this thread is full of lazy debaters and pseudo intellectualism.

Mormon women are legit. how do they get their tithe? They don't need 10% , 5 will do

you still have not answered the question. You have failed to answer your own D&C which says you will become a god just like "heavenly father"---why are you guys so afraid to answer "yes" which is correct according to your made up religion.

The answer is because it is 100% inconsistent with all Christian teachings.

However, after talking with you--you are like most average Mormons--don't even read or understand your own books but are usually nice and pleasant people. This makes for good wives because they if they will believe the book of mormon, D&C, and peal of great price--they will believe anything and will be submissive and loyal.

Only problem is you have to join the LDS to marry them and put up with all the ridiculous BS and 10% theft of your income.

Not afraid. I answered like Christ does with a counter question.

If we are children of God, do we become Gods?

Children have to grow up to be something dont they?

I am glad you finally answered and said YES.
Thank you. The missionaries never would say it because they had not read D&C:)

Do you also believe god was once a man like us?

It is the first principle of the gospel to know for a certainty the character of God, ...and that He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did; ...you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another,... from exaltation to exaltation, until you attain to the resurrection of the dead, and are able to dwell in everlasting burnings. and to sit in glory, as do those who sit enthroned in everlasting power" (History of the Church, Vol. 6, Ch. 14, p. 305-6).

look if youre going to try these feeble attempts at challenging me, these guys did it better

mit.irr.org/can-human-beings-become-gods-answers-mormon-arguments-bible

and their scholarly attempt is still laughable in its attempt to ignore the Apocrypha and other contradictory passages of the bible that agree with the Mormon viewpoint

see that user, i actually gave you a source you can use against me your debate is so weak.

i go back to my question you havent answered.

what passage is controversial in the book of mormon? what teaching is unChristlike?

Did a catering job for a Mormon event in California once. 100+ people there. All blonde hair and blue eyed or light brown hair and hazel eyes. All respectful. All beautiful people. Could be worse

Weirdos just like the Scientologist.

No, i didnt say yes. You did against a question that has a logical conclusion.

What do children become? God doesn't make mistakes so he meant children when he called us children.

If we are his children, what do we grow up to become?

Surely God doesnt need anymore harpists and pajama pitchforkers

The Coming of the Lord

President Smith then stated that the meeting had been called, because God had commanded it; and it was made known to him by vision and by the Holy Spirit. . . . it was the will of God that they should be ordained to the ministry and go forth to prune the vineyard for the last time, for the coming of the Lord, which was nigh - even fifty six years should wind up the scene. (History of the Church, Vol. 2, page 182).

This prophecy was spoken by Joseph Smith in 1835, and recorded by Oliver Cowdery. The fifty-six years were passed by 1891.

"And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." - Deuteronomy 18:21-22

There are more and more failed prophecies of Joseph Smith. Case closed, return to the bible if you love and seek GOD.

The fact that you believe god or "heavenly father" was once like us and that we too can be a god like "heavenly father" shows that LDS is not Christian. Please read the Bible--the real Bible not book of mormon which is made up.

The obvious fake part of the book of mormon is a lost Israelite tribe making it to the USA on a boat in 600 BC and starting a great civilization. NO archaeological proof. Where are the artifacts?

Born and raised Mormon, not far from SLC. AMA niggers.

Like he said, where are the artifacts, why don't they do Excavation of Hill Cumorah. Why is it when you ask a linguist to tell you about reformed Egyptian they look at you like your insane.

lol i can tell you havent read the book of mormon and prayed about it because you want to 'case close it'

fairmormon.org/answers/Question:_Did_Joseph_Smith_prophesy_that_Jesus_Christ_would_return_in_1890?

there is the other side to that argument

how about his prophecy that was correct on the civil war

fairmormon.org/answers/Joseph_Smith/Prophet/Civil_War

see im not limited to having to stick to the nicean committee decreed bible that wasnt even put together by the 12 apostles of Christ.

I am free to read what i want and ask God if its true and to test the teachings I learn against Christ's teaching of by your fruits ye shall know them.

your fruit is simply pride. you wont read anything past a certain point unless you want to use it in debate and so you are stuck.

ill toss one from ole Joe himself back at you

lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1.1-13

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

north or south of slc

gee why didnt they think of that.

non mormon link

merliannews.com/Notorious_Ancient_Gold_Library_Claims_Proven_von_D_niken_is_Vindicated_by_Erich_von_D_niken_with_Giorgio_A_Tsoukalos_editor_of_History_Is_Wrong_and_Tankred_Jeker/

you do realize they mocked joseph that the indians were to savage to use metal, let alone to write things on them?

manifest destiny was in full effect and joseph smiths pushback on killing the savages and taking their lands was not welcomed

their is a course from the company the great courses on military history that will tear your beliefs to shreds on what you were indoctrinated with

dumb ass archealogists didnt think savages had full scale wars at the time of joseph smith till now and that has been disproven

They believe in a stupid cult offshoot of Christianity but apparently they're all really nice.

North.

friendo, go look into the early history of the Church and what kind of man Joseph Smith was. The entirety of the Mormon faith and the BoM's validity hinges on Joseph Smith being the prophet you're told he is or not. If Joseph was a phony, a fraud, or a disreputable charlatan, then it automatically invalidates the BoM. And -- fun fact -- J.S. was a pussy hound to the extreme and figured the best way for himself to get rich and laid was to start a religion. He was a modern day Mohammed without all of the beheading and young girl rape.

Go read the fanfic about Israelites crossing the sea and coming to america that was circulating around the time JS "discovered" the golden plates.

I'm not even really here to knock on the BoM, I actually still read it from time to time and I even think it's got some pretty good stuff in it.

What if I told you that I still pray and meditate and I just don't get the response from God that you do? What are you even qualifiying as "God telling you" that the BoM is true?

It's a terrible religion that destroys family's and individuals. I have a coworker who got diagnosed with scoliosis and literally begged her doctor to write a note that would allow her to go on her mission and she put off two years of physical therapy because of pressure freon the church. THAT is the LDS religion.

>misread
>join LSD church
>synthesize LSD in abandoned underground rave bunker
>where are my waifus
>re-read post
>ooooooh

You Mormons and your "my profit and read this and check your
"feelings" to see that it's true". We were warned about that also.

Jeremiah 17:9 - The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 28:26 - He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

Proverbs 14:12-13 - There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

If i was going to be a false prophet I would promise men sex in the afterlife as it is one of mans greatest weakness's and gets anyone's attention.

Matthew 22:30
In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

Them being nice is not in question, they are generally fantastic people you can trust and rely on in this decaying world.

look buddy, i didnt read pastor cherry picked bullshit when i joined this religion. i read the whole damn history of the church which were his and all the leaders after compiled journals and you know what i thought? i thought after reading mccullough's washington that this was a guy as great as that man with all their spots.

you however appear to be afraid of reading a book and asking God if its true. tell me, does God damn those that don't read the New Testament and accept Jesus in this life? What about the unbaptized in this world?

You do realize till Joseph came that all Christianity stated you were damned if you didnt accept Jesus in this life and even if you did, you were still probably damned.

You owe that charlatan your beliefs if you don't believe in mortal damnation.

So good luck with that and good luck with not reading what he wrote.

youre retarded. person wants to serve others. pushes doctors to ignore recommendation. somehow church's fault? real shitty logic.

Ok, ill not ask God and ignore James.

Sorry James, The Christian Talmud told me the Torah told me that asking about Jesus wasn't cool.

Whats that you say James, friend of Jesus? The Jews were real dicks and perverted the plain teachings of God?

No way. I guess Ill make sure to follow their traditions and advice over just asking God.

Thanks Christian Talmud!

Mormons are very friendly conservative people; but Mormonism is a false doctrine.

When you best argument is "if you read the book of mormon and prayed you would know it is true--I hope you realize the irrationality of your argument.

I have been to your testimony services, I have talked to your stake presidents and missionaries. I get the same stupid answer.

You guys need to do better or your religion/cult will really need to keep cold calling those uneducated third world countries to keep inflating enrollment numbers.

I say apparently because I never met one but a lot of people have nice things to say about them.