Anons in Chicago

Do any other /pol users live in Chicago? I will be buying a condo soon in the John Hancock center, so luckily an area not filled with nogs. What are some areas to stay out of? Any tips for an user unfimilar with the area? I am moving from Florida btw. Is everyone here super liberal? Even the whites? Or is that exaggerated?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/magamu312?lang=en
northcooknews.com/stories/511084124-school-spending-grows-home-values-shrink-in-northwest-suburbs
northcooknews.com/stories/511078338-analysis-north-shore-home-values-fall-while-property-taxes-soar
lakecountygazette.com/stories/511079966-analysis-soaring-property-taxes-eviscerating-home-equity-in-lake-county
dupagepolicyjournal.com/stories/511077658-analysis-property-taxes-rapidly-eroding-dupage-home-values
southcooknews.com/stories/511082192-south-suburban-homeowners-suffocated-by-property-taxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The whites are liberal and there are a ton of disgusting hipsters. Don’t go too far south or west and you’re fine.

>buying a property in a place he knows nothing about
>these are all questions that would've been answered if you ever had boots on the ground even once

god bless yuppies. thanks for the shekels retard

Whats the going rate?

I've only been there once to look at the property.

>I'm buying a condo in a city I know nothing about.
Drop dead. Chicago is an ultra-cuck cesspool.

There's a wide range of prices, you can get a nice 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment there for around 200k. Chicago is very affordable compared to other major cities.

>out of towner
>living in the loop
>living in the memetower
checks out
t. native
p.s.- get out what the fuck is wrong with you going from a libertarian paradise no sales tax state to the literal commie shithole?

It's pretty bad. It's actually a horrible place to live. Everything is overpriced, everything is taxed out the ass. 13-14 bucks for a pack of cigarettes. Yes everyone is pretty far left. Lot of union faggotry. Stay out of pretty much everywhere, downtown is alright most of the time due to amount of cops, everything south till about 95th Street is an absolute no go. And there's really no reason to go north as that's where the extra liberal whites, hipsters and gays are. Museums are good, but they get old after a while. Public transportation is shit, avoid. How did you get stuck here?

The city is failing in a cesspool of librule taxes and regulations.

Enjoy pay $10 for a loaf of bread cuz you got raped by the sales tax.

>/pol
>>>/leddit/

If that's your thing, cool. I'm happy for you.

I have three beds, 1 bath, and ten acres for $104k. That's my thing.

Spent my childhood Chi-town. It does have cool spirit. I'm wondering if it's gone.

How is it a memetower? And Florida is awful, the weather is the worst in the country. And I'm moving to Chicago becuase I got a much better job there.

Work.

go to Englewood its very safe there, nice neighborhood.

>p.s.- get out what the fuck is wrong with you going from a libertarian paradise no sales tax state to the literal commie shithole?

Truth. Who the fuck moves to Chicago from somewhere warm?

I vacation there alot cause of family.

Shit:
>Giordano's pizza is the best I have ever had.
>Lou Malnatis is decent but not as good as above.
>Definitely go to wrigley a few times.
>The hot dogs are the best on the planet exist here.
>Don't order ketchup on a hotdog, you will be lynched.

Nogz and tips:
>Lakeshore drive is pretty safe as it is more expensive area.
>Downtown is FULL of nogz. Especially the hotel areas.
>400 yards from any train station there are nogz
>Stay away from sox fans and south side.
>Carry enough money on you that if you are mugged the nigger wont shoot you if he doesn't get his crack money.
>If you see crackies or niggers more than honkies you are in the wrong neighborhood.
>Put wallet in front pocket when walking in crowds.
>If a nigger asks you what time it is run like a nigger that is sprinting from his fieldmaster.

I dislike Florida weather, 95°F and 80% humidity is not very comfy, I can barely breathe outside. Snow is maximum comfy.

Chicago is pretty left-leaning. Don't come here if you don't like it. Saying shit like "nogs" and "even the whites" makes me think you aren't going to fit in much. Hopefully you find an urban tribe of racists and leave the rest of us alone.

>And Florida is awful, the weather is the worst in the country.

Have you ever shoveled snow, user?

Yes, I lived in NJ when I was younger. And I don't have to worry about shovelling snow becuase I will be living in a condo.

Chicago is a fun town but high taxes and high crime if you're anywhere but a few neighborhoods = don't live there.

Lol Chicago a cesspool of nihilism and overpriced property.

>overpriced property

One of the most buyer-friendly housing markets amongst cities..

Live nearby, it's not as bad as you think depending on where you are coming from. It is one of the more violent "big city" places.

>Public transportation is shit, avoid

It's one of the lowest affordable in the nation, pretty high tech too for what it's worth. Paid courtesy of the sales tax.

He's calling it a memetower because the exterior is a total tourist spot, along with the Sears Tower and the Bean.

t. grandmother of chief keef who is deaf so she can't hear the gunshots

>quote a lie
>"truth"
Florida's sales tax is 6% -- though you definitely got a point. If you plan on moving before December, plan for a soda tax of 0.01$/oz that's been repealed. Also, bottled water tax and bag taxes, and even after december, 13.25% sales tax on soda.

He won't have to worry about shoveling snow because and he lives downtown. People don't give a fuck - they stomp the snow out if it's not shoveled in the loop.

It's okay faggot we're trying to convince him not to go.

Enjoy your libtard utopia.

Welcome to pol. Your affection for Chicago will begin to change profoundly.

dont come. this city is an absolute mess. we have ridiculous taxes, corrupt politicians, liberal shitheads, degenerate losers, garbage everywhere, shitty graffiti, dindus and it smells bad. just dont come.

I was only there for 4 months in boot but
this.

I lived here for the first 16 years of my life, moved out. Had to move back. I regret every second I've spent here. Pretty much everyone you interact with on a daily basis is going to be an asshole. Everyone here thinks they're some super important hot shit, and that whatever they're doing is the most important thing on earth. Or where they're going is the most important place on earth, and they need to be there 5 minutes ago, so everybody is always in a hurry too. Illegal immigrants have more rights than you, as do blacks and Mexicans, never forget that when you're here. Black people have also gotten away with so much over the years that they're 100 times more disrespectful than most other nogs in the country. Obama is practically a Saint. People will lose their shit if they see you put ketchup on a hot dog, which is ridiculous since it's delicious. Bums are super aggressive, don't be afraid to straight up tell them to fuck off because if you give them anything, they'll just ask for more. Everything is corrupt. It's not what you know but who you know.

Chicagoanon here...the only thing I'll give this shithole a benefit of the doubt is the food.....chicago food is literally the fucking best you can get. Nigs everywhere in the city, but as long as you ignore them/ don't look at them you will be fine.

Cook County? Check your property and income taxes at the end of the year and get back to me, Faggot. Also, enjoy your soda.

Been going to Sup Forums for like a decade. The far-right morons don't bother me. Beside, a lot of the less popular boards (like photography and science/math) are pretty good most of the time! Sci will get the "muh black people are genetically different" spammers occasionally but they're promptly shut down. Altogether not bad!

Find me 1 bedrooms for 200k in Manhattan, SF, or downtown LA please.

Stupid fuck. And I don't even drink soda.

High tech means shit all. It reeks, takes forever, and none of the trains, which are loud as shit, or busses, which are always late and driven by fat black women named sharkeesha, are worth a damn becsu of the piss smelling fuck head you have to sit next to.

Go watch game of thrones at the bar, isnt it in Chicago?

>Do any other /pol users live in Chicago?
I currently live in Chicago and I am moving to Florida soon.
> What are some areas to stay out of?
The west and south side.
>Any tips for an user unfimilar with the area?
Get your concealed carry permit as soon as possible and be ready to put holes in some niggers.
>Is everyone here super liberal?
Yes
>Even the whites?
Yes
>Or is that exaggerated?
No

>1 bedrooms
>find mes

holy fuck your retarded, you can get a house anywhere thats 2-4 bedroom and 2 bath for the same price maybe more baths.

..What?

Wait until it is dark and then follow your compass south.

I hope you don’t drink sodas or tea because holy fuck is it expensive with the soft drink tax.
Also taxes in general are yuge.
Oh and don’t think your vote matters if you’re not a leftie
>t. Suburbanite

And then OP can commute an hour+ each day, sure.

Nobody from Chicago calls Chicago Chi-town. Heard the same shit about natives in "Frisco"

>your retarded
>your.

That is an extreamly cheap price in a major city for a skyscraper. It's one of the nicest apartments in the city also.

b8? Also why are you getting such a small place for 200k, luxury is good dont get me wrong but why do that to yourself m8, are you rich or something.

>but as long as you ignore them/ don't look at them you will be fine.

Pic related is you whiteboi

>1bdrm 1bath
>200k
>nice
you can get a huge house for 200k thats very nice and nicely built.

I'm older than you.

If you want to meet other autists in Chicago you can, every 2nd Tuesday at Rebar in the Trump Tower

twitter.com/magamu312?lang=en

What can i say annon, the cities are full of liberals or queers.

You still fucking pay more overall here. This whole area has the highest property taxes in the country. They're literally insane. Especially since they're way over assessed. Theres grandmas in the suburbs with houses actually worth 200k that the assessor values at 500k for tax purposes who are paying 20k a year on just property taxes. If you had the same priced house in say a Denver suburb, you'd pay about a grand. The city is dying. The state is dying. Theres no money for anything. All the taxes collected in a year don't even cover unfunded pension liabilities. They've borrowed way over their heads and are running out of places to raise taxes, it's going the way of Detroit. People are already fleeing by the hundreds of thousands every year, while all the surrounding states are gaining people and experiencing gdp growth.

It's not 200k. I'm playing 420k for mine and it's a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom 1130 sqft with an amazing view. But you can easily find a smaller one for 200k. I live alone so I don't need much space, and I'm buying the apartment in cash. I've always wanted to live in a tall building also. And I'm willing to pay more for a nice view.

>4PO0eaG0

Literally Rahm sitting alone at a bar trying to justify his existence.

>Lived in NW Chicago my whole life
>See surrounding area go from shit to yuppies
>Now see yuppies turning neighborhoods to liberal hellholes
I'm almost done moving down south for work, will miss my friends but not the city.

Word of advice: Don't take the Red line to far south, it turns into Chiraq.

How's that bait? lol. CoL is higher in urban centers for a reason. One of those reasons is office spaces swelling with employees and employees not wanting long commutes. Commutes are one of the biggest contributors to unhappiness. It's "such a small place" because it's the third biggest city in the United States..

Urban life isn't for everyone but most people know that location has a huge influence on real estate prices.

The city really isn’t that bad, desu. Yes the taxes are high and downtown can be a clusterfuck filled with libshit minorities, but I would never live downtown anyway. There’s a lot of neat quirks about the city and the demographics are crazy unique depending on where you go (the city limits themselves are huge).

There are too many specific things to describe about Chicago. But since you will be living in the Hancock my best advice would be to just always be aware of your surroundings. People bitch about crime but so much of that crime can be avoided by people avoiding eye contact and paying too much attention to their phones. Observe who is around you, say hi to people, avoid large groups of nig teenagers. Other than that just do the super touristy shit to get it out of your system then just pick things up as you go along. It’s also for the most part a friendly city so as long as you’re not a turbo autist you can definitely make friends and enjoy yourself.

Any other specific questions let me know

>Word of advice: Don't take the Red line to far south, it turns into Chiraq.
North isnt better either, I live in rogers park and there was a shooting behind my building last week

Personally, I wouldn't live there, but that's because it's much higher traffic due to being in the tourist area. Then again, I can't really afford to rent an apartment in Hancock center, probably. Never really looked.

Anyway, Chicago is a city that manages to self segregate well. Poverty is typically hyper concentrated, and river north is well policed. Essentially, you avoid the far west side, and most of the southside and you're golden. (Anything further south than 50th I wouldn't recommend.)

Anyhow,
>Is everyone here super liberal?
It depends. Generally, people are liberal, but there surrounding areas which move to the city are often very conservative. You'll find a mix. Likewise, interacting often with niggers will wear on a lot of patient people.

>Buy a jacket before you need a jacket.
>CTA is actually one of the best transport systems.
>Driving is viable if you live near LSD.
>Cook county is retarded

Really, that's about it. Chicago is NYC's cleaner cousin that has a bunch of dead niggers in the back yard.

>Hopefully you find an urban tribe of racists and leave the rest of us alone.

Go back to Facebook, faggot.

You're just guessing and ranting. Chicago consistently ranks high in affordability, even with the ridiculous sales/property taxes. Your grandma example is complete horse shit too. That doesn't happen and you're just saying shit without providing any evidence.

Obviously the city has problems, and the taxes make it less affordable than it would otherwise be, and that can be frustrating, but given its size it's still extremely affordable. Not like that matters: OP already bought a place (in a pricey building no less).

Don't ride any form of public transportation.
In high school I witnessed a gang assassination take place on a bus I was riding.

>"After decades of historic mismanagement, Illinois is now grappling with $15 billion of unpaid bills and an unthinkable quarter-trillion dollars owed to public employees when they retire."

Illinois is a failed state. Prepare for your house to be worthless in a few years as Chicago turns into Detroit v2.

>>CTA is actually one of the best transport systems.
its full of niggers and homeless crazy niggers

>be on the red line going home from work
>homeless nigger asking everyone for change
>he comes up to me and asks me whats in my laptop case
>i decline to say
>he starts pissing him
>continues to harass me for money
>not sure if it would be better to get up to avoid the ever growing puddle of piss which is getting close to me or to turn my back to some crazy homeless nigger who has nothing to lose and has a interest in my laptop case
>he finally leaves and goes to another car
>i escape his puddle of piss before the train can roll the puddle of piss on to my boots or laptop case

>you're just saying shit without providing any evidence.
because it is common knowledge
show me the tax receipts for illinois last year
oh shit nigger, thats nowhere near close to what is necessary for the public sector workers pensions!
better take out a loan
oh shit nigger thats what we did last time

this
shitcago is a top 3 candidate for nukings
hint hint, kim

I never disputed property taxes being high. Real estate prices are low enough to render the total cost to be still very affordable. I know an-caps are borderline retarded but this is simple enough for you to understand, I'm sure.

ohhh i get it, you're a fucking libcuck nigger
in that case you'll fit right in in this degenerate hellhole
i can only imagine how many children you've snuffed before if you can afford to live there and think its a good place to go, only career murderous pedos think this way
hope a nog fucking kills you

From MTG, very nice part of the south side. young families, solid community and a stromg connection to their churches. fuck the unions though

I'm not even OP lol. But hey, at least I won't live an entire life being afraid of black people like the pussies on this forum.

Have you actually lived in another major city? Let me put it like this

>Paris ReR
>Overcrowded as fuck, often runs late, lines are often not obvious. Full of sketchy as fuck gypsies, niggers, and muslims
>Tube (London Underground)
>Runs pretty well. Full of fucking Muslims, Pakis, and gypsies. Often completely fucking over packed
>MTA (NYC)
>A shining monument to things not being fixed until it becomes a problem. Lines often back up a shit ton, full of niggers and spics. Tourists cause laughable strain on the system

The CTA is
>Easy to understand.
>Surprisingly well maintained
>Doesn't buckle under the strain/doesn't drastically have more people than cars
>Runs well and often

The thing is, crazy niggers exist in pretty much any city with a transport system. Chicago's niggers are just as bad as NYC's niggers, but New Yorkers generally react really badly compared to midwesterners.

this
faillinois will cease to exist due to becoming bankrupt via running out everyone who's actually a productive contributing member of society by 2020
unless Trump steps in and has RWDS literally st valentine's day massacre all the city/cook county/state of ill officials so that noncorrupt american-minded americans can come in and fix things unobstructed
which trump won't do, because it's better to let the shithole implode on its own (and is what it deserves for its crimes against the american people) and then come in after and rebuild

OK, smart-ass, here's an actual honest to God example, of what you called horse shit when you were to busy talking out your ass to wake up and smell the shit roses. Link to the article, and many articles of similar bullshit provided. Suck me off.

"Last year, Roslyn Sternfeld appealed the property tax bill for her white brick split-level at 7636 Kildare Avenue in Skokie.
The Cook County Assessor said he believed it was now worth $320,924, up from $248,881 a year earlier, a 30 percent increase. Her property taxes-- $6,223 in 2015-- would be rising.
The assessor gave a little, settling at a value of $316,696, a 27 percent hike. All things remaining equal, Sternfeld was looking at a new bill of around $8,000-- or 2.5 percent of her home’s supposed value.
With no mortgage, that would mean a bill of $667 per month to keep a home in which she had lived since the 1960’s, when Roslyn moved there with her late husband, pediatrician Dr. Jack Sternfeld.
Last month, Sternfeld, age 90, sold for $100,000."

northcooknews.com/stories/511084124-school-spending-grows-home-values-shrink-in-northwest-suburbs

An analysis byLocal Government Information Services(LGIS) has found homeowners in this swathe of Chicagoland drowning in property taxes, paying bills so high they are beyond logical comprehension."

North Shore
northcooknews.com/stories/511078338-analysis-north-shore-home-values-fall-while-property-taxes-soar

Lake County
lakecountygazette.com/stories/511079966-analysis-soaring-property-taxes-eviscerating-home-equity-in-lake-county

DuPage County
dupagepolicyjournal.com/stories/511077658-analysis-property-taxes-rapidly-eroding-dupage-home-values

South Suburban Cook
southcooknews.com/stories/511082192-south-suburban-homeowners-suffocated-by-property-taxes

>>Overcrowded as fuck, often runs late, lines are often not obvious. Full of sketchy as fuck gypsies, niggers, and muslims
CTA is the same way. The red line at state and lake would be jammed full of people like a cattle car and i'd have to shove people to make room so I could get on.

>A shining monument to things not being fixed until it becomes a problem.
Let me just put things this way, pic related. Drugs are such a problem on the CTA that they have sharp disposal containers at the station near my place. And because it is staffed exclusively by niggers, they're full so you get to find used needles on the platform.

>>Doesn't buckle under the strain/doesn't drastically have more people than cars
you're full of shit and have never been in the loop during rush hour

You know nothing. Crowded red line is a joke. Think about it like this

>Redline crowded
>People occasionally have to lean over eachother/get into eachother's bubbles.
>MTA crowded
>People have to jigsaw puzzle themselves in, and get very close to eachother
>Tube crowded
>People are essentially dry humping while anglos try to look calm
>Tokyo crowded
>People are pretty much stacked. They're all okay about it.

>OUR NIGS THO
Do you really think this is a Chicago unique thing? Every US city with more than a million people has a nigger problem. Find me one that doesn't and I'll move there.

>Doesn't buckle under the strain
When the MTA backs up, everything that depends on it backs up. So, the entire tri-state backs up in a very real way. It's why when there is an issue in the MTA you can expect to be reasonably 30-45 minutes late for a minor problem. In Chicago, I can remember maybe 3 occasions in a the last 3 years where the redline laughably fucked up. Even then, it's reasonably find because of redundant routes. I remember last June or so there was some sort of incident that shut down the line near Fullerton (Someone got killed? Corpse or something on the track?), I remember a few years ago the train derailed around Harrison, and I also remember a time where someone fell asleep as an operator.

I can remember 5 occasions this summer alone where NYC did. And there aren't alternate tracks for these routes; so you have one possible route or driving. Cabs are also unionized and extremely influential, so good luck getting one when one of these events happens.

>>Redline crowded
>>People occasionally have to lean over eachother/get into eachother's bubbles.
that in no way describes the red line in the loop during rush hour

>$6,223-$8,000
>thinks this is high property tax
kek

>buying air space
lul
>but I have a say in any changes to the building
lul
don't fall for the vertical real estate jew, unless you're buying the whole building famalamadingdong

You can join my group of underground Republicans who are going to take over the city.

details?

PHX is only 7% nigger and /comfy/ as fuck

relax, FBI. we're not going to do anything like that.

why mention it if you're not going to invite people in it you retard

i hope you get pozzed and your wife cucks you for Tyrone

This
They only people who should worry about buying air space is real estate tycoons who don't want their view to be blocked by another building

Seriously, FBI, stop embarrassing yourself.

lol you seriously think the FBI browses this shithole? Talk about tinfoil.

Back to >>>/reddit/ faggot

enjoy your complimentary whiggers and niggers

Put down the script, FBI. It's not going to work.

>go to slav neighborhood in Chicago
>eat at resturaunt
>nigger from the neighborhood over starts screaming at nobody
Such is life in Chicago

looks at this shithole, this place is full of wall to wall shill and mindfuck thread by CIA,FBI,JIDF,KGB,Mossad

fuck you name it theyre on this shithole site shilling 24/7.

>John Hancock center
we gotta rich nigga over here

>Hancock building
Nigga that place is HAUNTED.

>Giordano's>Lou Malnati's

Chris Farley's ghost.

Kys.
It's filled to the top with niggers, the whites are liberal hipsters, and the taxes will fuck you harder than you can imagine.
There are only a few places that are okay and safe, and that is ONLY during the day.

You seriously should have stayed here at least a week before deciding not to buy the property.

>hancock building
>no dogs policy
>extremely well known lawsuit about this
>COA won

Why would you ever live there?

I moved out of Chicago because I don't want to die in the race war lol. Don't go my dude, the whites are literal communists and its full of niggers.

I had to move 1.5 hours away to even find a decent gun range

That's for a home w/ a market value of $100K.

>146071235
> Giordano's better than Malnati's
> chicago hotdogs not being nigged up abominations

your nog tips are mostly accurate, but you palate has the sophistication of a middle schooler's.

Malnati's isn't better than Giordano's. The double-crust system ensures a better cheese melt factor.

you wasted a perfectly good opportunity there