Tite Kubo is not a millionaire off of the highly successful multimedia franchise, Bleach? I always thought he was rich

Tite Kubo is not a millionaire off of the highly successful multimedia franchise, Bleach? I always thought he was rich.

>20 million
What the fuck? Given the popularity of Naruto I would have guessed it would be way more.

Goes to show how much I know about the industry, apparently.

NARUTARDS BTFO

kubo works for free
he does it out of the goodness of his Heart

how the actual fuck is araki not at least a millionaire? he's one of the most famous mangaka ever and his shit's been mega popular for 30 years

holy shit

is it really true kishimoto makes this little? literally the entire world has more than plenty narutards, he should be worth at least 500 million or so

Being popular =/= lots of money.

Why do you think mangaka keep making jokes about the industry in itself all the time? They're not rich and have constant life bills to pay.

They're all struggling for money.

The earnings doesn't show the spending to keep the earnings. Dunno why people think when someone's networth is in the millions they're automatically banking when in reality; they only get a small cut of he piece of pie. I think peole would benefit doing more research about this.

This doesn't seem accurate to me.

Tite Kubo has 50 million and Naruto is way more popular than BLEACH.

Unless of course Kishi just throws money away

Araki's worth is supposedly 13m

This is likely not a list of the millionaire mangaka, but rather than list of known millionaires among them. Most of them like Araki haven't really revealed themselves or had their net worth revealed.

These are just the ones who allow how much they have to be publicised. Arak I doesn't do that for whatever reason. He's no doubt a millionaire considering Lucky Land Communications is his own company and JJBA has and always will rake in dough.

Lel.

Kubo is richer yet has a less popular manga? Good for him .

Are you retarded? In this case, popularity absolutely translates to money because nips buy physical manga. If the mangaka get 10% royalties off tanks (according to an article on Oda's earnings they do), we can easily calculate that the ones who sell tens of million of copies will be making big money off that alone, never mind merch, their salaries, etc.

There are many more struggling mangaka than genuinely successful ones but the top tier make plenty.

In Japan, the owner of an IP is generally owned by company, and the creator is merely an employee.

The Nobel winner who invented the blue LED (critical to the now multibillion dollar "energy efficient" light bulb industry) was only paid 20,000 yen or 180 dollars by his Japanese employer.

Christ.
Just proves the better mangaka doesn't always makes most money.
I swear Patreon could be the best alternative for Japan at this point.

Togashi family rolling in dosh.

>In Japan, the owner of an IP is generally owned by company, and the creator is merely an employee.
Manga is an exception. Traditionally the creator owns the rights. However, there was a law change a while back that required new contracts. Because of this Negima ended prematurely, because apparently if the author didn't do that then he would lose control of the IP to the publisher.

nothing surprisng, since in Japan mangaka keeps the rights of their creation, meaning percentaged benefits from every merchandizing and tankobons.
Meanwhile in the US most artist and writers are at minimum wages and must pile up contracts to make money at all

>Togashi is a millionaire
Not sure how to feel about this

10% is not a lot. That is chump change compared to how much they're really supposed to be earning.

That's why there's always some legal squabble at times because of the publishers and the authors.

that's about the same compared to here. It's not that different.

he could have spent a lot

Again, are you retarded? We can calculate their royalties ourself. A million copies a year at about 500 yen is 50 million yen. That isn't chump change, that's not counting all their many other sources of income, and that's only mid-high tier sales. Oda sells twice that per volume.

They're not 'supposed' to be earning anything other than what the contract they signed states.

Believe it!

Simple, that's not an all inclusive list. It's just giving a few examples of other wealthy mangaka.

The author also owns a percentage of the I.P.
Kubo can buy off Bleach like Hokuto no Ken and City Hunter mangaka bought off their own series from shueisha to do their own thing.

That's most likely fake.

He was paying more than 1 million dollars in taxes alone... In fucking 2004.

They're disgustingly rich.

Why would anyone reveal their net worth?

Akira Toriyama in 1982 during his sucess with Dr. Slump

>What concerns us poor people more than anything is how he will spend that 539,240,000 yen. However, about 430 million of this great sum is taken out in taxes. Even as a bona fide rich man, he thought of these taxes as “harsh”. So, what’s left is a little over 100 million yen

That's kinda fucking crazy. Obviously these manga artists like Kishi and Kubo are wealthy but I don;t think they're the JK Rowling type wealthy that a lot of people think they are.

He eventually sued and got like 8 million

>Because of this Negima ended prematurely, because apparently if the author didn't do that then he would lose control of the IP to the publisher.
So that's why the ending was rushed? Not because of poor sales, because some company wanted to steal the rights to the manga?

Fucking Christ. Scum bags

I can't remember the exact details but at that time, the publisher(s) were trying to push for some changes to the regulations so that it'll be more like DC/Marvel such that even if Ken leaves/wants to end it, it doesn't matter since they can just bring in another mangaka to continue. Ken basically made the hard call and chose to end Negima on his own terms rather than risk the legislation passing and he lose control of the Negima IP.

So how about the SAO/Index/Magical High School Onii-sama LN writers? Are LN writers really poor in comparison since all they do is write words and their employers control everything else?

dude made yu yu hakusho, hXh, AND crippled himself doing it. let him be a millionaire with his bomb ass millionaire wife.

Is there anywhere that info is published? I always thought the WN guys were paid by the page view or word

That's a good question? How much money do LN authors get? Someone answer this.

Kubo makes double of what Oda get

>my fucking sides

Oda gets 24 million per year. Unless he's burning through it as fast as it comes in, he's almost certainly richer than Kubo.

see this

Do you know what "Net Worth" and "Annual income" mean?

Enough to feed themselves

t.LN author

>anyone in Japan who is not a white collar worker
>rich

Their currency is shit, their housing prices are shit, their food prices are shit, their royalties contracts are shit, their corporate culture is shit, and their tastes are shit.

since both data are probably wrong, you are just a retard for taking this seriously

still it would be pretty funny if Kubo actually get more money than Kishi and Oda

in creative industries, there is hardly any round figure to be paraded around.
With a few banking in millions due to popularity, most are just making enough to not survive on welfare.

Not just LN but manga, acting and writing in general.

Oh, and I almost forgot.

Bleach is shit. I'm really losing my edge.

The fuck kind of taxes are taking 80% of you income?

try living in Europe or Japan as a richfag and see for yourself.

Which is why tax avoidance is a thing that every big company and smart rich person do

He does it for the lolz

What are your working conditions?

"Progressive" taxes.

Because it's "progress" if you have to pay more simply because you have more, and also "progress" if you pay less because you have friends in the government who make what you do already a tax write off.

Didn't it get dropped from Jump and he had to pay some other magazine to publish it?

They have pretty much the same royalty rights mangaka do. So yeah, the top selling guys are going to have relatively large amounts of money coming in.

The biggest LNs are magnitudes of sales lower than the biggest manga.

Entertainment industry as a whole is really like that. Healthcare is the only decent thing to thrive in.

How rich is Miura?

Have you seen his house? Bitch, come on.

Since a good chunk of Sup Forums doesn't pay taxes, you should probably mention that avoidance entails legal methods. It's evasion that's illegal.

The point is, the author with higher number of sales will always have more money, retard.

These people rarely even have photos so how accurate these news about their "wealth" can be?

Will you fuck off already twatwaffle?

By Doesn't pay you probably mean Cannot pay.

No it's not, not unless you self publish.

Is that in usd or yen?

It literally has a dollar sign right next to it.

user net is not annual salary. You could make less but be worth more. It's the total worth of all your assets in all.

You don't ever want to avoid paying tax in Japan though.

Not even big Japanese companies attempt to do what Apple does with Ireland for example.

Japan has arrested or jailed plenty of executives, creators, or CEOs before.

Being famous doesn't get you a free get out of jail card in Japan.

Hell, Log Horizon's author got fucked up by the government for avoiding tax.

I have a very hard time believing this.

One of these is wrong, because Naruto has been more popular both domestically and internationally than Bleach by a large margin.

Kubo is more handsome and fashionable than Kishi of course he's more rich

Maybe they added the value of that Bleach pay-to-win mobile game to his value even though he probably doesn't get much from it.

Reminder that net worth is not the same as much money you have. It's something much more abstract.

There's no way this number isn't being pulled out of someone's ass

I imagine piracy doesn't help.

>backpedalling

I heard he spends it all on cruises. Apparently he never wants to get off the boat.

yeah no shit but it's the fact that it's EIGHTY percent

Woah. Japan only has 7 millioniares?

Japan must be poor as fuck

Really? Nobody has a made a joke about how Kubo's this rich because he bleached his tax records?

What the source for this? Because the only place listing that figure is some site called celebritynetworth. Every other source that uses that figure also links to that site while all other places have no idea how much he made.

>There is no known value of how much the Naruto franchise is worth, but Kishimoto has an estimated net worth of $20 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

>mangaka get 10% royalties
Fucking tragic

Copyright doesn't work the same everywhere, the rights over their characters is limited, they probably don't see much money from all the merchandise.

The same way in the past actors didn't have rights over their characters and now they do.

Book authors usually get the same amount (or even less if it's a flat rate). Not seeing the problem here.

>Book authors usually get the same amount
Equally tragic

Anyone can write a book, you need a good publisher to market it properly. I mean, look at Twilight. Shit book, but due to the wonders of marketing, it became a best-seller.

It's a problem for novel authors as it's a problem for mangaka. Just the thought of being paid the tenth of what your own work garnered is enough to contemplate suicide.

How do you read his name

Tight Cube-o?

Just try to remember that the creator only gets money from shit made and sold in japan.

But it's the publishers that does most of the work. Again, anyone can write a book, go take a look at fanfictions, it takes a great publisher to ensure people is willing to pay and read your book. You are one person, they are an entire company. A good publisher can turn a shit work into a bestseller while a bad one can ensure good works die a lonely pitiful death. This is true as well for things besides books and manga.

>Shit book, but due to the wonders of marketing, it became a best-seller.
Yeah, that's also tragic. What a shit industry.

In fact, self-published authors actually do strive to get their works accepted by publishing companies because it also entail things like having a proper editors. People tend to mock editors for screwing with author's artistic visions, but fact is, there are also plenty of time where the editor is responsible for stop authors' bad ideas and well, make a work good.

You mean shit fanbase, right? Because people choose to buy those shit works. You have no one to blame but yourselves for this.

Well, no shit. Take a look at George Lucas for when you don't have someone to smack people down for bad ideas.

Yeah, it is obvious, and yet as far as Sup Forums is concerned, editors get mocked more often. Take Bleach for instance, I see more people blaming editors/ Jump for axing it rather than you know, Kubo himself screwing up the way the story is being handled and that not axing will just prolong rather than fix the problems.

Yeah, pretty much. It's quite obvious Bleach had an incredible amount of freedom given as the sheer amount of full-retardness was shown. If the editors were actually doing shit, we would had a much tighter story and actually have plot holes filled up.

>Millionaire shounen writers who produce watered-down, digestive content full of fillers and SUGOI BATTORUS and PAWA OF FRIENDSHIPPU for hormone pumped juveniles end up inspiring unimaginative readers to become shounen writers, lowering the bar even further year after year exploiting the niche with more watered-down content full of fillers and SUGOI BATTORUS and PAWA OF FRIENDSHIPPU inspiring even braindead readers to become shounen writers...

Shounenfags should just fucking kill themselves.

Unless i get actually confirmation form Shouen Jump reports i won't believe shit

>makes one of the most popular manga in the entire world, which runs for 15 years
>20 million
>makes seven books in 10 years
>1 billion
It's so disproportionate.

Wrong, the manga will always be the property of the creator, it's just that it's a non written rule to deal with the publisher.

The percentage for the author also changes once the series reaches 10 volumes.

I bet you literally have never done taxes in your life if you find that shit funny.

Are you 17?

The kind that makes most rich people just leave for Switzerland and pay no taxes whatsoever as a "Fuck you!"