ITT: Self-Inserts

ITT: Self-Inserts

Doesn't a self-insert have to be basically you or an improved version of you?

Because I'm nothing like Lelouch.

How does one from Sup Forums imagine themselves as this charismatic, fucking beautiful, outgoing guy.

Do you not understand the concept of vicarious entertainment?

Why would people want to insert as someone similar to them? It's much more appealing to vicariously living the life of a super intelligent, tactical genius with a vengeance against a comically evil empire.

You're thinking of something like "Gary Stu", not an actual self-insert. That term is used for people who are supposed to be a version of you.

Uncharismatic harem MCs who get all the girls because they're "kind", for example.

He's actually introverted, not extroverted.

>Charismatic
Yeah, people only start to follow him because they have no choice - and they continue following him because he's produces results. It's not like he has any charm that makes people instantly fall smitten to him; just pure intellect and talent in strategy.

It's pretty well established in the show that Zero attracts people in large part because he is an inspirational, charismatic leader.

You're the one who doesn't get it. Lelouch isn't a particularly interesting or complex character, but people like him because they want to be him.

Same thing applies for Indiana Jones. Classic character in cinema but not because he's interesting. A prime example of vicarious entertainment.

I really like to self insert to cute girls

Look user, you can call an apple "an orange" if you want, that doesn't change the generally accepted meaning of the term.

>people like him because they want to be him.

That's not all it is to be a self-insert. Again, a harem MC can be a piece of shit, but people still want to be in his situation. A self-insert is called that because its primary features are to be like a somewhat better version of you, that allows people to kid themselves into thinking that that's how they are. If the character is just better all around than them, they look that ability to kid themselves. James Bond is wish fulfillment, but not a self-insert.

It seems like an idea with two or more components to it is beyond your grasp. I'll leave you to your stupidity.

An idiot like yourself doesn't define what a self-insert is.

>Lelouch isn't interesting or complex.
Well I guess I know who missed out on all the subtle development.

>self insert meme

fuck off

Sorry you're this stupid.

>but people like him because they want to be him.
Do you want to go by all the shit Lelouch went? Are you stupid?

>all the shit lelouch went
Dialect from a true idiot.

He's a tactical genius with the girls, the flamboyant attitude and he's rebelling against an evil empire. He's the definition of vicarious entertainment; something you're clearly too stupid to grasp.

You wan't to have some of his abilities but you don't want to be him nor you feel like him. A self-insert is literally: put your face here.
It's like Superman, everyone want to have his power but nobody feel like they are Superman.

The self-insert thing is dumb as hell and needs to die. Tired of all kind of character being excused of this shit for one dumb reason or another. Where the hell does this garbage even come from?

I don't watch capeshit so I can't comment on Superman's complexity as a character.

Lelouch is vicarious entertainment.

I think people want to be like Lelouch, Batman or Indiana Jones, for the cool and exciting factor, and all the sexy chicks. Not actually be them.

I don't want to be the harem MC, I want to be in his place. I want to imagine one or all the girls liking me.

I don't want to be one of the cute girls in CGDCT series. Maybe I'd imagine myself as a cute girl if it means I can be part of the fun.

It's not really 'self-inserting'. It's envy. It's wanting to live the dream.

this

>I don't want to be batman
Understandable

>I don't want to be a harem MC
Understandable

>I don't want to be Lelouch
Understandable

>I don't want to be a cute girl in a CGDCT
Yeah fuck right off

No, you misunderstand! I want to be myself as a cute girl, not one of the girls.

>I want to be myself as a cute girl

That would be a pain in the ass. Have fun finding any friends, or finding a job, or proving that your birth certificate is yours. You'd probably just get thrown in an orphanage and nobody would ever take you seriously. No, that sounds like hell, I'll take a new group of friends and a free pass into elementary school ANY day of the week.

I want to self insert my ass inside you're cock.

So your saying if a character is someone you aspire to be like they are only good for a vicarious viewing?

No, but that's certainly the case for Lelouch.

Why?

Just let me dream, dammit.

Already been specified in the thread. Try reading.

All you've done is say that he's amazing and good stuff happens to him.

Lelouch is best self insert.
Posting second best.

That's called wish fulfillment, dummy.

and that's exactly all he is.

I've yet to see anyone explain why he's an interesting or complex character, because he isn't.

No it's not, idiot.

Once again, idiots like yourself don't decide which terms mean what. Self-insert is a self-explanatory term, and it applies to vicarious entertainment.

Idiots like yourself don't decide which terms mean what
>Self-insertion is a literary device in which a fictional character who is the real author of a work of fiction appears as an idealized character within that fiction, either overtly or in disguise

What about his philosophy on killing and progress? What about his internal conflicts of philosophy and progress? What about his using Nunally as an excuse for his actions? What about his value of a symbol and his willingness to sacrifice his symbol? What about his revenge plot and his reaction to the truth? There is a lot of stuff going on with Lelouch that makes him interesting.

There's much more to Lelouch's character, but these seem to be the most obvious to notice.

>getting butthurt over people correctly calling him out for the moron he is
Too funny. Once again, you don't decide the definitions of things.