A Silent Voice

KyoAni is making the deaf girl tear jerker. How does that make you feel?

youtu.be/XBNWo25izJ8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKKpjvPd6Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Slowpoke?

This is like the most kyoani thing.

It was nice of them to post the two trailers with subs for the hearing impaired. Also, first preview screening in two days.

What the fuck are the vocals for that song?

Are you from Sup Forums?

>TSUKI
Oh boy, why did they show it in the trailer.

>ちゅ。。。き!

What did she mean by this?

Ueno sounds like shit.

It's the moon... duh

Well she doesn't speak english.

More like forced smiles, amirite?

Is she actually voiced by a deaf VA?

What a coincidence, so does your opinion.

Hayami isn't deaf, but hopefully she's able to replicate the speech accurately.

From what we've heard so far, her voice is far too high pitched to sound like an actual deaf person.

Oh so *that's* the reason for the (I thought) reupload. Damn nice move there.

CHEX

Holy shit is that Ueno?
I can't believe they made that bitch look cute.

>ちゅ。。。き
>not ぅうき!! like in the manga

I guess they're changing things but then again, it's KyoAni and up to date their changes have been welcome additions every single time.

>deaf VAs

think
think again
harder
does it hurt yet?

She looks nothing like manga Ueno.

Would that actually even work? Would it?

>Chu...ki!!

Only Japan can make diabilities this cute.

People who get to watch early are lucky.

What do deaf people even sound like? I only knew one deaf person but I don't think there's a 'way' they sound like.

I had a few classes with a deaf girl and the way she talked was as if she had gum in her mouth or something. The way she sounded out words was just strange.

This is pretty disappointing, especially with all the work put into making JSL accurate.

It tends to be throaty sounding and thus, lower pitched. Here's a video, but keep in mind she's had years of speech therapy, and wears both a hearing aid and a cochlear implant. The subtitles and reading her lips also help a LOT with her intelligibility.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKKpjvPd6Xo

go away, nobody wants the mentally disabled here.

Read this yesterday, had me crying like a bitch. Shame it got progressively worse but still very emotional, konda helps that I have a deaf fetish apparently

irritated, they're going to add yuri and take out all the bullying.

Fuck, they left all the filler in.

Are you retarded?

>I guess they're changing things but then again
hopefully they change that shitty ending

I hope they change the entire second half of the manga.

Are there any videos of deaf people trying to shout?

>It tends to be throaty sounding
Interesting.
Every representation of a deaf person I've seen in media makes it a very high pitched sound.

Melodramatic sob stories, especially in the romance genre, come off as too contrived and manipulative for me. I tend to prefer ones that are simpler and aren't too "in your face" about stuff. It's like the difference between Clannad and 5cm/s. In the former everyone can tell that the writers are trying to pull your heartstrings, but the latter is a more abstract kind of feel.

After reading literally all of Adachi's works in the last two weeks I can appreciate a change of pace, I was craving for some "in your face" shit. The scene where she says she wants to die to her sister and that other chapter where she's imagining a good life with retarded hearing captions had me in tears man. Don't know why I have such a soft spot for deaf girls.

so are they gonna give a deaf girl a voice actor or what?

Will this finally top The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in terms of animations?

Only hands.

I thought this already had an anime.

You thought wrong.

Shouya needs to brush up on his Natsume Soseki.

You're probably mistaking it for Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.

It'd be great if she succeeded this time.

>129 minute runtime

No.

I don't think I've ever heard this, please list some examples.

When can we expect another trailer?

The blu-ray/dvd release, or an international theatrical run.

I just read the first six volumes of this yesterday. I can see how it would be easy to turn into a movie, but how are they gonna handle the development for all those side characters in just two hours? I would've expected them to write one or two of them out.

It looks like they will just focus on Shouya and Shouko development. The side characters don't get much development anyway.

2bh they can cut most of their stories apart from maybe the rude girl

My sides because its true

This is gonna be either a masterpiece or a total shitfaggotry.

Is the top left scene from the manga or original? I don't remember it.

If the movie skips on the majority of the movie project and Ueno's bullshit it will be better than the manga.

I read the manga and overall I liked it. I get the feeling that the movie might make me tear up or cry. Having it in motion along with hearing it feels like it'll have a bigger impact on me. I guess I'm an emotionally stunted faggot.

Chapter 3.

How much of the bullying are they gonna show? Japs were pretty butthurt about it.

Thanks, I guess I forgot about it because it looks like an eerie flashback in the movie.

My concern is mostly getting angry at parts of the movie. Things like Kawai's bullshit made me legitimately pissed, if the film has the same effect I can see people in theaters possibly shouting at the screen involuntarily.

It's a flashback in the manga too, which is probably what that part in the movie is supposed to show.

>It's a flashback in the manga too, which is probably what that part in the movie is supposed to show.
Fuck my memory, I should reread the manga. Also I like the anime shot more because it gives the flashback feel.

>Things like Kawai's bullshit made me legitimately pissed

Worst KyoAni

What are the chances of the blu-ray having english subs?

More like Kawaii amirite

I don't get how you forgot THIS part, when I reread that part in chapter 3 I got upset realizing what she was trying to tell Ishida through sign.

Zero, they don't care about deaf gaijin.

I don't get why people think she did anything wrong.

I even cried when I read the manga the other day, we're just emotional pieces of shit, all you can do is accept it.

>cuntai apologist

>tfw no mute/deaf gf

I find 5cm/s so emotional manipulative. All the piano and monologues and tears...

>tfw no blind/deaf gf

There was that one deaf girl in Weeds who was played by an actual deaf actress.

>tfw I know that feel
I wonder why I have such a weird preference.

Are people seriously angry about the ending because it's not explicitly shown them becoming a couple? They obviously became one, for fucks sake Shouko went to school to become a hairdresser she wants to work in Shouya's family business alongside him. It's heavily implied they were becoming a couple after college with the flirting comment by Ueno and also them holding hands to face their old classmates.

My only gripe with the ending was I would have liked some more direct closure between Shouya and his bully but maybe it's more realistic if that never happens. Also Kawai should not have gotten away with being such a terrible person.

>tfw no crippled, deaf and blind gf

I'm so fucking hyped lads

>Also Kawai should not have gotten away with being such a terrible person.

literally the biggest bitch of them all. Ueno was at least aware of her own bitchiness and tried to improve. Eyebrows deserve better

The only way it'll be any good is if they throw out everything after the prequel and first few chapters and then just write their own shit.

Deaf people sound like "ARRUURURUUUMMUUMNNUN" they can't hear so they don't know how to pronounce the words.

Eyebrows surprised me, I thought he would be an annoying asshole but he was my favorite of the friend characters. He also was quite deranged when you get down to it.

Will KinoAni find a way?

Of course

He was my second favorite, after Ueno. Liked him a lot, his attitude was great. Wish he got more attention, both together with Ishida and focused on himself. Though he might be messed up.

Why was he so pissed at Ishida anyway? By the point he gets to know about the bullying shouldn't he realize it's something Ishida is trying to make amends for?

user do you think I'm cute?

Yes. Yes I do.

He himself admits he didn't really have a reason to, he did it because he is more affected by his minor bullying than he lets on and even more than he himself can understand. The simple teasing about his eyebrows cracked him, he's probably the most broken as a person out of all of the cast on a fundamental level.

He was an example that bullying cab affect people no matter how minor, everyone in the cast had some relationship to bullying and he was the one that despite seeming the most well adjusted and normal he coped with bullying the worst. Everyone else had severe bullying affect their lives but he just got comments about his eyebrows and he was still obsessed about it to the point he wanted to become a teacher out of a vindictive need for closure or better yet revenge.

He was interesting.

You? Yes. Your personality? No. Too abrasive and pathetic.

>129 minutes

Literally 70% of the story missing

KyoAni finds a way

To butcher the manga

>kyoani
>butchering manga
That'll be the day.

>Implying they'll fit in 7 volumes worth of content in a single film

Let's pretend they didn't ruin S2 of chuu2 with their original shit

You referring to the movie or actual S2? Because S2 was already shit without further adaptation.

Nobody implied that though, a lot of the content in the manga could easily be trimmed out.
>Let's pretend they didn't ruin S2 of chuu2 with their original shit
S1 was original though? S2 was bad because Ishihara wanted to continue a story that had ended.

Do deaf people who wear hearing aids and cochlear implants actually hear like we do? How does it help them if not? With them, can they hear other people speak and that way perfect their own speaking by practicing and listening to themselves?