New R.O.D: Read or Die anime project is discussing currently, may or may not be happen

New R.O.D: Read or Die anime project is discussing currently, may or may not be happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/22/new-read-or-die-anime-being-considered
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/6425/animated-artist_unknown-fighting-read_or_die-smear
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What? They advertise it, but it may or may not happen? Or am I misinterpreting the image?

Maybe it's the announcement that they will make an announcement. And the actual announcement will be pachinko.

I hope Taraku Uon makes a comeback as the character designer. Haven't heard from him in a long time.

I hope it will be /u/. The TV series was what made me embrace /u/

Only in it for oav feels.
If it's like the tv, it goes into the trash.

There desperately need a new R.O.D.

I want to know how those girls are doing

R.O.D is my all time favourite series, and I will fight anyone who denies any part of it.

Light Novel translations fucking never.

And a new anime project is cool. Can't be worse than Rehabilitation, right?

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/22/new-read-or-die-anime-being-considered

But the series was shit senpai

I watched all of this once.

But I don't have a fucking clue what it is about.

Seriously, what was it all about?

I should confess. I have 600+ titles and still never understand why this OVA series praised so high even among other oldfags.

I'm guessing you never saw the oav then.

I'd love to hear your reasoning for it. Most people who hate it rarely have anything to say other than "the OVA was better."

Are we gonna get more Taku doing spy movies soundtrack?

Sure.
I watched maybe 4 episodes of the tv series and it lacked everything I loved about the oav.
>great jazzy bond music
>fantastic action set pieces
>the characters you've come to love
>frantic pace
The new trio of mc's were dull and formulaic, the action likewise. The slower pace should facilitate more worldbuilding and lore, maybe character moments. But....it was all so boring seemingly throwing out the established lore and not using the previous characters, it felt like a parallel universe at best, cheaply tacked on label to share the universe at worst.

>the OVA was better
My people have a joke on this topic:
>Hey, Gramps, when was life better: under Stalin or now?
>Under Stalin, of couse!
>Why, though?
>Back then my dick could get hard.

Nenene is an established character, she is Yomiko's love interest in the novels.

You should consider giving it another try, since I'm sure you've watched much worse anime since. To be honest, I found the overarching plot much more compelling.

I mean, you didn't even get to the part where Hong Kong flooded and they were branded as terrorists.

Nenene is obliquely referenced in the OVA also.

Plus Joker and Wendy were in the OVAs and were in the TV series from the start.

And Yomiko does eventually show up.

you're a funny one

Sequel in the works?

Shit I'm sold

I think they wanted to make a post-apocalyptic reboot with a blue-haired Yomiko five or so years ago. What happened to it?

I care naught for the novels. I'm not questioning her legitimacy, I'm just saying coming from the oav she was sorely lacking compared to ms Readman.

If I considered the first couple of episodes boring, do you think I would like the rest of the series? Serious question. Are there amazing scenes with great action or fulfilling plot or character moments?
Because sure I've seen some shit anime but I've never gone back to see a shit anime unless someone convinced me I had it all wrong. And so far I've not heard any compelling reasons to do it for rod tv.

R.O.D anime project a sequel or another shitty reboot

Well there's plenty of great action, as should have been evidenced with the first episode, you can also take a look at something like sakugabooru to get a taste of those well animated parts.
One example: sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/6425/animated-artist_unknown-fighting-read_or_die-smear

As for the character moments, they might spend a whole episode just on this kind of character development. Since it was a full television series, they were able to go with a slower pace.

I think they recognized the pace was a bit spread out, because when the series originally started, they aired two episodes back to back every other week.

Ultimately, it's my favourite show for a reason, so hopefully that fact alone should be enough to make you wonder why it is.

It ended up as a short, one volume publication. I've been begging for translations every so often, but there's not enough people who even know about it in the first place.

I just think our tastes differ.
If you thought the action in the first ep was great and I hated it then I doubt I'll like the series as a whole.
Good for you loving it as no 1 user, I won't shit on it anymore.

it's a sequel

Who /animeunleashed/ when R.O.D. tv series aired

Please, follow the LN for once. And include the scenes where Zapeipah had sex with books.

I hope they stay as far away from the LN as possible. Give me more jazzy action, not cringe fanservice shit.