Do southern Americans feel patronised or belittled by their nothern or Western countrymen?

Do southern Americans feel patronised or belittled by their nothern or Western countrymen?

I've noticed generally in American media southerners are portrayed as dimwitted, backwoods and inbred, want to make a character an idiot? Just give them a Southern accent.

The southern culture and accent is portrayed as backwards and idiotic, which can have an unhealthy effect in making Southerners ashamed of their own background, the Donald Trump skit on SNL was particularly bad due to the portrayal of Jeff Sessions as the Northern actress portraying him done an exaggerated Southern accent, and even went from the general condescending classism to covert racism by doing the slave voice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZzUD0jx0iY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_riot_of_1861
fortune.com/2015/03/10/american-millennials-are-among-the-worlds-least-skilled/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry for repeating myself very tired lol

yeah, that's why we are going to stick it to those beaners and chinks

I don't think many southerners I have met give a shit. I live in Florida, I went to college in California. So spent years living with the "city folk" before coming back to Florida. Honestly the "Dimwitted" sterotypes are just as ignorant as racial sterotypes that some actually "dimwitted" southerners recognize.

You are talking about the same people that loaded all of their boats on to trailers and then drove to Texas when hurricane Harvey hit. Trust me, they don't give a shit what fancy folk think... they have more important shit to do.

Southerners don't give a fuck about the North or their preconceptions, honestly we're so far removed from the North that it's remarkable we're even the same country

I've seen so many Yanks gets blown the fuck out when they let it slip "Wow I never realized how polite everyone is down here" too

>Do southern Americans feel patronised or belittled by their nothern or Western countrymen?
No. I don't think that was ever the case.
The South maintains a sense of independence from the North.

I've seen CSA belt buckles, and back in school, kids would write "The South will rise again" on their dumb shit.
Confederate flags are still flying around here despite the flare up in the news months ago about state capitols.

I am from Texas and have lived in a city/suburb the grand majority of my life, but spent a lot of fucking time in the country with more blue collar people.

I will say, I don't identify as a country type person, but I have the utmost respect for small town living people. They are some of the friendliest people, they all know each other, they come to someones house after a tragedy for support and help, those places are fantastic. In addition, I've found country folk to be as smart if not smarter than a lot of city people, but they don't get bogged down with semantics are identity politics and the whole micro-aggression bullshit. They are also 100% conservative as they are almost all small-business owners.

In regards to how northerners and city people think about them? They really don't give a shit until they are physically involved in their business.

I went to New York for 6 days, and while most people were extremely nice (mainly Irish and asians). All the native white people were literally stereotypical uppity. I witnessed multiple occasions of upper class white women lecturing people on not voting for Donald Trump in restaurants. It was surreal to be honest. They would always look at my weird and start talking quieter when they heard my accent too. I didn't really care what they had to say though, they can have their opinion it won't change anything overall.

tl;dr: I guess some people in northern/cities do portray our people as dumb republicans, but why would we give them the time of day to give a shit?

No, one of the chief qualities of the southerners is that you don't give a fuck what others say most importantly what shiddybooties from up north say.

The things that the homos up north say are just a bore at this point anyways. I'm very proud to be from the south, it has its problems (niggers) but the whites down here aren't pussies, and people are mostly redpilled. Besides it was an honorable thing to stand up to the Feds, unlike the rest of you faggot states. Anyways, we don't want you Carpetbaggers and we definitely don't give a fuck what you have to say about us either.

Moved to Arkansas a couple years back from California "family reasons". People are well meaning and friendly here, but none to bright in the logic department. Everyone at work is incompetent as fuck, but it works for me given I'm moving up the ranks faster then the dullards that been there a decade.

Also it's cheap as fuck here. I bought a nice house in a decent neighborhood with a small down payment. I'll have it paid off in around seven years.

The South is one of the only places where you can find real culture in America anymore, that's why urbanite leftists despise it so much. They hate any real culture that isn't their trademarked "culture" sponsored by globalism.

Sadly, they're busy at trying to kill the south. The coasts are practically lost because all of these northern cunts go down there because their own states are so shitty. Consequently, they bring down the quality of their host states, make it into a shitty urban/suburban space just like the one they left.

Hey Maryland isn't the south and I feel insulted every time I see a map like this.

>Do southern Americans feel patronised or belittled by their nothern or Western countrymen?
No, we pretty much feel we are better than yankees and left coast hippy fags so we don't really give them too much thought and certainly don't care what they have to say.

It's below the Mason Dixon line, that's why

Reminder that Pennsylvania is no longer northern

That stereotype came about because of the settlement patterns in early colonial America. People from northern England/Scotland settled the south, whereas puritans from east Anglia settled the north. The same sort of snark that northerners have towards southerners has its roots in the "northern monkey" stereotype.

Although both my parents are welsh so I don't know quite where that places me

Maryland was part of the south. Lincoln had to jail your governor and half the legislature to prevent them from seceeding.

Florida is not southern. Florida is Florida.

>when PA turned red on election night

>just as ignorant as racial sterotypes that some actually "dimwitted" southerners recognize.

>If you acknowledge the black IQ gap, it means you are dimwitted

It is

It's a weird state with this odd amalgamation of different demographics, hispanics in the south, old people on the coasts, hicks in the sticks, etc

But is still mostly "southern", you hear ya'll (I saw it and had northenrs laugh at me) and you do see confederate flags and we have confederate statues (though being moved off state property). It's just not as southern as the typical southern states like Alabama and Mississippi.

Literally home of that mason-dixon line. Your state is what defines the south as south.

We don’t give a shit.

If we’re so dimwitted and backwoods then why are northerners flocking to our cities (Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, etc.) for work?

Must be doing something right.

funny thing is that's where most the niggers live to this day - but the god damned idiot left lib dems haven't got a clue ... it's all backwoods kicks according to them, thus they get to ignore the USA's largest group of niggers on their plantation.

I bet you watch Rick and Morty too.

>Must be doing something right.
It's called tax breaks. You don't have to be smart to know corporations like to not pay a lot of taxes.

it's ok, at least they are not niggers.

>American media southerners are portrayed as dimwitted, backwoods and inbred, want to make a character an idiot?

The (((media))) is conditioning cucks and niggers to kill us, because we're the only significant hotspot of nationalist rebellion against the globies.

The Daily Shoah episode 209 made a good description of it in the 1st 20-30 minutes.

Born and raised califag but I respect our southern bros. The ones I've met have been very real and honest people unlike the fake faggots I usually have to deal with here. The southern accent is pretty cool too.

Fellow Texan here too. I agree with ya

No, because we could kick their ass in a bar fight

Am I in a strawfield? Because I'm seeing strawmen everywhere.

Busiest airport in world.

Run by prople who are supossedly nothing but banjo playing, sister fucking hicks.

Really gets the old pecans percolating.

You've never been to the panhandle have you? Except for Tallahassee it's more of an extension of South Ga or Al than anything else. The panhandle is more southern than 90% of the areas North of lets say Columbus Ga. Dont even get me started on the metro atl. area and the bullshit around it like Alpharetta. Not southern at all.

That's all fine and good, and I wish you well, Texan. But Texas is not the South.
Texas is Texas, which is full of Texans who can't stop talking about Texas and how they are from Texas and how great Texas is and why they are proud to be Texan and how they do things in Texas and how Texas and Texans are superior and why Texas food is better than your food, and that you don't deserve to have your house rebuilt by charitable donations unless you kiss Israeli ass all while visiting me in my state which isn't Texas.

I don't give a shit, many of them are just jealous, or Elitists.

I just laugh at them when they get BTFO like the election.

When I was young I hitchhiked around the country, through 48 states. The dark red part in that image is the kindest, most sociable, and most hospitable part of the country, but also pretty poor and yeah you can sense the lack of education.

These days a lack of education can be beneficial, unfortunately. So much propaganda in our education systems.

Implying I care what the media thinks.

I've found that people, regardless of race or geography, those out of cities are the worst.

I live in Kentucky. People think we are sister fucking hillbillies. It keeps the Yankee liberal scum out. The old way of life is still preserved somewhat. It's a backwater with a low cost of living. Plenty of room to hunt, fish and camp out. Fine by me.

Think again
youtube.com/watch?v=GZzUD0jx0iY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_riot_of_1861

Southern culture is the last stand of implicit whiteness in America. It's why they're destroying our monuments.

Pretty sure nobody in the south gives a fuck what the rest of the country thinks.

Especially in the last ten years, the coasts have shown themselves to be retarded.

stop calling me a yank you inbred island monkey

Southern culture also known as assholes.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but why don't you come down and I'll buy you a beer and show you some bbq, we got really great Asian too if that's your thing.

Pic unrelated

One of the many IRL red pills I have gone though is how the South is utterly ridiculed by The Media/Hollywood and directly by Jews themselves. It is largely unfounded. I have lived in 3 of the biggest cities in America, and there are an equal number of ignorant urban 'hicks' as there are rural hicks. Being in a city doesnt magically change your nature.

It isnt just the white hicks they hate. They actually hate rural black people because they are not domesticated, controlled and contained as urban gib blacks. Hate them for this.

They keep fucking with us and our stuff, they're gonna find out how "patronised or belittled" we feel.
And by a bunch of ill-bred freaks who haven't got the sense to know which end is up or which gender they were born as.

Midwest rural fag here, southerners are fine by me.

um no sweetie ;)

no. I am free. I own land in the rural south. there aren't many people around and I do as I please. I know the people in my city and county government, we all grew up together. I know the cops, we all grew up together. I am free to do anything I please on my land whenever I feel like it. I am more free than 95% of the country. I am the master of my domain and the king of my castle.

As though Northern English are portrayed any differently.

I live in southern VA, near the NC border, and all I hear from visitors is how nice and welcoming we are compared to people from up north.

There's even a notable difference between my area and DC, and that's only 4 1/2 hours away.

Bamanon here. Most Northerners I've met are decent, unprejudiced people, but stereotypes about the South run deep in American popular culture. There are a lot of reasonably intelligent Northerners who think that literally nothing has changed about race/gender relations here since the early '60's. Also, the South is often portrayed as all-rural even though many Southern cities and non-Southern rural areas exist. Not to mention the fact that we're supposed to all be stupid even though we design and build NASA spacecraft.

The average person here doesn't care what yankees think. Stuck up liberals use terms like "redneck" as an insult but a lot of people here wear that as a badge of honor. To them a redneck is someone who cares about god, family, and works very hard with no hand outs. You will find people here that have the sentiment of "Oh how I hate living in the south!! There's nothing to do here and everybody is stupid!!!" They are not super common but I have met a few. Often these types are liberal whites and have a holier than thou attitude.

I live in the south and don't consider myself a redneck but I do have an accent. I've never met anyone outside of the region though that was disgusted by it. Most people are actually fascinated by it but then again I've never been to New York, California, or the like.

Anyone who uses a confederate flag on this site is delusional. You are a disgrace to our history. The Civil War was started over bullshit. Slavery lead to Southern economic stagnation and would have slowed down the colonization of the West. Losing that war was the best outcome that could have happened for the South.

There is no independent South. It's culturally different, but it's not better or worse. It's part of the United States.

In my opinion flyover midwest rural folks are almost ridiculed as much as southerners by the coastal elites and (((media))).

I would hate to live in that part especially a city area without guns.

Nailed it. Liberals who have never been here believe calling southerners "rednecks" makes them feel bad. LOL

It's also funny hearing liberals refer to education/poverty statistics to demean southerners while ignoring that the cause is our higher black population.

We aren't in the 80's or someshit anymore

That entire red area is literally just useless niggers now. And they act just like their cousins down in Africa

The south is rising again. Some day all of America will be "the South"

Blame the colonists who brought the slaves over instead of the Confederate army. They damned their descendants, who were simply trying to keep their own economy afloat and their families fed. But of course the north didn't give a fuck about them.

MS fag here

We don't give a shit

no.

I swear Europeans think there is going to be some American Civil War or some shit. Southerners tend to be the most patriotic of all people in America. They love their country.

Jesus you eurofags have weird day dreams. The UK is more likely to have a civil war than America.

We are the best. Reality is inverted.

this

The accent used on TV as shorthand for "stupid" isn't simply southern. It's Appalachian. Stereotypes of Appalachians run deep. In America today, they are the most oppressed ethnicity. They've been ruthlessly exploited for centuries up to the present day, and nobody gives a fuck.

Northerners can have their hellish multiculturalist cities. Ill just sit here being comfy knowing I dont have to deal with niggers chimping out in public 24/7.

TN fag here
no one cares

I don't care about what they put on the electric Jew but it's pretty annoying when Californians move here and pull that shit

I just want to be left alone

>durr durr you have the weirdest day dreams
>durr durr the UK is more likely to have a civil war than America.
The lack of self-awareness in the 55% low-IQ mongrels never ceases to amaze me.
fortune.com/2015/03/10/american-millennials-are-among-the-worlds-least-skilled/

>Texas
>South
PICK ONE

Who are we taught to fear?

If it's East Texas then it counts.

Not an argument. U haven a stroke?

I do not think Southerners are patronized because they let negros rape their women so they know they are naturally shitty fuck the south
Also they are all dirty libs down their who let Clinton run for president fuck the south

East Texas is. The South stops at Dallas

As a Northerner Yankee, I hate this stereotype. It's a way for liberal enclaves to claim moral superiority over the South, and I consider it incredibly offensive and derogatory a piece of American culture.

As an example, when Eminem did that little bant in a parking garage, he does a line with a hard Southern accent, and it just showed how ignorant and bigoted he is in his own right.

this. I hate these fucking snowbirds that come up from FL and treat locals like theyre help 6 months out of the year.

They love the mountains and atmosphere, but dont want to adhere to our culture or customs, which is what makes the south so great and hosbitable.

Kentuckian here I can confirm the "I don't give a shit what you think" attitude.

At least your accent is accepted as traditional American. My SF bay area accent is probably one of the most hated anywhere but here.

libs say they love blacks, but all the blacks live in those states that they hate

stop including texas in you fucking stupid bullshit assumptions and idiot questions you fucking aboriginal flat nose. texas is not a part of "the south". it is fucking texas.

>If it's East Texas then it counts.
I traveled the entire southern U.S. for seven years. East Texas is nothing like Alabama, Mississippi, or Georgia. Their is a distinct culture change once you pass the Atchafalaya.

>SF bay area accent
Unless you're literally speaking like the niggers in Oakland there is no distinction between the SF bay area accent and those from the rest of California.

South stops at texarcana. Only steers and queers come outta Texas.

I'm insulted your faggot state is considered Southern too. It was based back in the days, but the last 20-30 years have made it a Yankee shithole.

>Yanks shoved the blacks into ghettos while they worked in factories and then left them to die when they sold their jobs to the chinks
>the only region of the US where they have stable communities and are somewhat bearable is in the South
>Yanks still pretend that they love the blacks
makes you think

whatever you say bud

Dated a girl from TN for about a year. Place seems really nice. Hope I get to visit someday.

How fucking retarded are you? Have you ever actually been to the South? I was born and raised in Tennessee and can confirm that most Southern small towns are highly segregated. We just call the black parts,"the bad part of town". Also southern blacks are generally just as lazy as us white southerners. Ever wonder why you never see race riots down south? The niggers here know there place.

This is true, idiots are in abundance everywhere. The north, particularly the east coast is a mix of stupid, selfish, and mean. The ugly American stereotype comes from these assholes.

Yeah I'm sure some Yankees look down on us but I don't really care. The country is big enough where I can just ignore them. The only thing southerners hate are Yankee transplants who want to move down here and make us "progressive". Seriously, I'd rather two Mexican families move into my neighborhood than another fucking New Yorker who does nothing but whine about how much they hate it here.

It always takes threads like this to remind me how this cesspool is positively infested with cletuses

>t. Green-eyed born and bred NYCfag

You fucking hicks are delusional, boasting about being able to aimlessly wander your hardscrabble plot of land, calling it "freedom."

Your accents and diction are hilarious and rest assured it makes people laugh at you every fucking time. You're definitely dim witted and easily manipulated, and you pathologically cling to your "culture" because to objectively assess it on its merits would be too much to bear. There's nothing to do nowhere to go no culture to speak of and your neighbors are so oppressively fucking dull, but like all good ol' boys raised in tiny little mudpuddles you lack the self-awareness to realize any of this

I definitely recommend traveling outside of your shitheap communities to realize how woefully underdeveloped you all are.

>inb4 classic JEW YORK SUCKS kneejerk rationalization. We're the best and you fucking know it in your souls

I'm not a nigger so I don't speak in ebonics. Some of my younger white coworkers do and it sounds so retarded. My accent is older bay area white people. I always sound sarcastic with a stoner/surfer influence. I do say "hella" to describe an extreme amount of something often. That's spread out of the bay recently, my southern cali family used to make fun of me for it. Spend most of my time at work now these days so I speak more formally.

Parts of East Texas have a certain “Southern” feel. Plain Downing for one. Hell small towns in Arkansas too. Lots of folks moved to East Tx after the recounstruction like Marshal. They still retain the Confederate statues as well. Btw the south became that charicature post civil war. Seeing as back in the day Boston and the northeast were the enlightenments equivalent of uppity faggots like San Francisco. Thats where the abolitionists started, hence they control the narrative. Remember that Southern landowners were very business savvy and intellectual.

Tldr here's ur (you) 4 effort

Why would any good southerner care what some fucking jew up north thinks? They're packed into their cities like sardines, can't own guns, are brainwashed into liberalism and globalism. Just look at what all the fucking californians flocking to Austin, Tx have done. Turned it into a proper shithole with traffic jams and pacifists everywhere you turn.

>t. upset 2nd generation texan in dallas
If Texas isn't southern then why is there capital grounds covered with confederate monuments.

>tfw Vermont has the freest gun laws in the continential US

I recognize that it happens. Having lived all over the country, I can honestly say that culturally, the US could be about 4 or 5 different countries. The South is its own culture and sense of self. Its very distinct from the North and West. Pennsylvanians from coal country sometimes self-identify with the Southern culture, but they wouldn't fit in down here either. I think this country would be better off Balkanizing in a lot of ways. Let the faggots up north and in California so whatever bullshit they want. Let Cascadia, Middle America, The South, Texas, New England each be their own countries too. That'd be fine with me.

We have a culture of shame and honor as well as a strong sense of community and regionalism. At least where I live. Up to the County level we all get along fairly well. Especially if you live in a mostly white county with a decent way to earn a living and an okay infrastructure. Its very insulated and comfy within these communities. We all go to the local High School's football games every Friday. We have festivals and fairs and the National Night Out with the local PD. Everyone knows everyone. I love the South and I love my county and community. So much so that I rarely watch the news or get worked up about what happens nationally beyond a passing interest and observance of trends. I know my neighbors and authorities well enough to know that shit won't roll this far downhill. Gun ban? All the police are my range buddies. We share ammo. Christian persecution? Well shit my whole town goes to one church or another. Good luck. Natural disasters? We have each others back.

The South is outstanding. Its its own culture, own region, own country within a country really. Nowhere else in the US or world I'd rather live than my little town.