Seriously it wasn't that bad

Seriously it wasn't that bad.

Just stop over-analyzing it.

>it isn't that bad if you don't think about why it's bad

Claudia was the only good thing about it.

It was pretty bad. One of the prime examples of how the 'battle' part of a battle harem can bog everything down.

Nice animation and god like first ED though, I'll give it that.

It wasn't. Only kids and new fags moaning. I liked it since I'm fan of good harems and olds school Kenshiro style shonens.

No. GTFO
You're 19 or below.
> Nice animation and god like first ED though
ecery OP and every ED were top tier. You can now GTFO too.

So, who wrote this? Lemme spit in yo face, kid

It was remarkably boring

I somehow had more fun watching Infinite Stratos. How the fuck is that even possible?

>bitching about digibro
the thread

shit taste confirmed. Go watch some SAO

>stop over-analyzing it
What's there to analyze? It was god damn garbage.

Don't pretend this is good. This is right down there with IS and Absolute Duo as some of the worst battle harems. The redeeming factor of this was the music, occasionally the animation and Sylvia. It was more boring than slice of life shows, maybe the director sucked dick.

OP you need to pay close attention right now okay? It was bad. It was always bad. It was always going to be bad. It was a bad anime. Do you understand?

No.
Maybe you should just learn to enjoy it for what it is.

The girls were cute

Don't you think it's unfair to lower your expectations/enjoyment for something just because of its genre?

The tools for this to be decent were right there and the author fucked it up. Instead of making it like all the other battle harems, he could've either gone for full romance with Julis from the start or embrace the harem and do it legit like Magika. Next, Ayato needed to be a completely better MC, not a Kirito/Onii-sama fusion with not just denseness but actually being intimidated by girls. That's pretty pathetic really. All that the author needed to do then was make a sci fi plot instead of the generic tournament shit.

Seriously, the setting was perfect but the author a shit. He could've done something pretty unique but it ended up being the cousin of Infinite Stratos instead, it's quite a shame if you ask me.

> comparing trash like AD to glorious Asterisk
I see. You're one of those MAL kids who give mirai nikki 10.
No wonder. Typical gaijin

> look mom! I can attach smart pics!
> this will make my posts looks smarter!

yes it was

>edgelord stuff
Not quite. I just don't see what Asterisk did right. Everything was subpar even for a battle harem.

Nice argument. You sure convinced me how this turd did anything right.

>everything is good if you get drunk

40 titles, huh? I saw more than 300 and Asterisk was fine in 1st season and great during 2nd. This show is awesome.

I chose to watch the superior Rakudai instead.

Enlighten us on your grandiose opinion on this masterpiece, user.

500 here and it was shit.

The most fun part was comparing the similarities to Rakudai when it was airing.

I dropped the second season after seeing the first episode. I don't really have the willpower to be able to watch battle harems anymore.

The only reason I even watched it all the way to the end was because it had a lot of budget compared to the average harem. Fucking hell what a waste of talent when you see based animators like TNK suddenly do the animation for a fight or even Rasmus Faber with that glorious as fuck WAITING FOR THE RAIN ED and then suddenly that gets dumped on this steaming pile.

There were only two good episodes in this entire show and they were unfortunately split between the two cours. One was the Kirin/Saya pool episode and the other was the sole fucking Sylvia episode.

Holy shit the very least you could do as a writer of generic LNshit is to learn to the most acceptable battle:harem ratio. This shit was so bad that it probably killed off any chance for another battle harem to get an even decent semblance of budget ever again.

>SL spent the good team on this while Antimagic got shafted
I'll never forgive them.

500 and you still sucks at rating stuff.. sigh

>The ride will end soon.

Go back to MAL, faggot.

Do you even know it is based on LN?

This show has no redeeming qualities. And no,
>cute girls
is not a redeeming quality. You can get cute girls in much better shows. None of Asterisk's designs are unique, you'll find them elsewhere.

Watching this series feels more like going through motions than actual enjoyment. Other harems have at least one thing going for it that make me genuinely enjoy them.

I have to give this series credit for airing the same time as Rakudai. If Rakudai didn't have the most generic yet similar series to compare against, it wouldn't have gotten the praise it deserves.

We a battle harem thread now? I'll miss you guys next season. R.I.P. battle harem anime.

Learn to fucking read.

At least it didn't get dragged on so long that the author ran out of ideas.

I'll be around for the eventual Antimagic/DAL threads when the volumes get TL'd/come out

Information analysis. Rating. You can not into it.

It was just bland through and through. Maybe that's more of a crime to some people than being actually bad, since people get enjoyment out of things that are bad specifically because they're bad.

> trying so hard to insult great show
No wonder you western faggots has no taste. Go jerk on some marvel shit, faggot

It is because it shows that the author is literally not even trying. Man, most of these battle harem authors have no excuse to only make 2-3 volumes a year when they barely even put any effort into them.

Such a satisfying ending. This should have gotten the second season instead.

That's true, the series was decently lengthy and enjoyable.

No it was outright bad. There is no defending the Flora arc, or anything from S2 for that matter.

What was I trying to insult? Reading comprehension.

It actually goes downhill from there.

He misquoted it seems.

Again, I come to deliver the gospel.

Restia > Est > Rinslet > Fianna > Ellis > Claire

Sylvia > Kirin > Saya > Irene > Julis > Claudia > Priscilla

Shizuku > Ayase > Nene > Stella > Touka > Kagami

Sakura > Karen > Emilia > Reitia > Liddy > Claire

Avrora > Sayaka > La Folia > Nagisa > Reina > Astarte > Yuuma > Asagi > Yukina

Airi > Yoruka > Krul > Nokuto > Tilfarr > Phi > Relie > Sharis > Celes > Lisha

Kotori > Kurumi > Nia > Yoshino > Tohka > Yuzuru > Origami mk.II > Origami mk.I > Kaguya > Natsumi > Mayuri > Miku

Chris > Eu > Saras > Seraphim > Taeko > Kanami > Maelstrom > Naegleria > Kyoko > Ariel

Ling > Laura > Chifuyu > Tatenashi > Tabane > Cecilia > Charlotte > Houki

Uthaha > Megumi > Eiriri > Michiru

Pink > Orange > Black > Silver

You > Pest > Kuro Usagi > Leticia > Asuka > Shiroyasha > Lily

Big Nep > Noire > Nep > Pururut > Vert > Blanc > Compa > Nepgear > Peashy

>best boy jobbed
I don't even wanna catch up anymore.

>instead.
Faggot. They both deserved 2 seasons at least. But you're so fucking closeminded and this is why you have to choose. Poor creature.

Is there even enough material? I mean the adaptation just feels complete on its own and a second season I feel would just drag it out.

>R.I.P. battle harem anime
Only academy battle harems have died out lad. But as for harems in general, there are still plenty on the horizon

Saekano S2.
Love Tyrant.
Eight StB OVAs.
Masamune-kun ready to shit things up.
Eromanga-sensei.
Oh and that Machiavellism one.

That's without even putting into consideration all the hidden isekaishit that will finally get adapted.

No, I can't like it because an autistic brony said so.

Fuck off Eien.

better than this guy

>Lisha that low
>Stella that low
>Ling that high
>Megumi not first
>Yukina that low
Here's your (You)

I don't see anything wrong with this.

>academy battle harems are dead
Anime is save-
>isekai wave starting
I spoke too soon.

At least urban battle harems are still there. Those are always the best.

Regular high school harems are the best. I don't know why they make more battle harems.

>Machiavellism one

The what?

Is this from Animesuki or some shit?

I can't hate this pleb. He's just dumb.
Fucking retard above wrote an entire "review" full of hatred to the good show. He's dangerous to society.

>Asterisk S1 airs
>Rakudai sells better than it
>Asterisk S2 airs
>Hundred sells better than it

You can't make this shit up.

Something about this is fucking with me and I can't put my finger on it.

They didn't make the 2nd cour because it was selling well but because it was already planned. Terrible decision on their end.

Hundred was just as bad but I think I liked it a bit more.

The fact that I'm capable to watch all episodes(I fast forward through some scenes in some of them, but just little skips) IS s1 and 2, Absolute Duo, Highschool DxD, Taimadou 35, Mahouka, Rosario Vampire, To love ru, Sekirei, Rakudai, Korewa Zombie, Hagure yuusha aesthetica and many recent battle harem shows aired but I was EXTREMELY struggling watching 6 episodes of Asterisk before giving up(tries to watch it because Digi dislikes it, while thinking the show should be good because he hate it, and I think that many of his taste is shit, mind you). Man, the fact that I wholly agreed with that fucking otaku youtuber says a lot about what a piece of shit this "anime" was.

>they even made all that advertising for it and the video game
>and went as far as to let the LN be licensed
Asterisk flopping truly was the academy battle harem ship sinking.

>Saekano S2.
This is the one I want the most. More Megumi is always good for the heart.

>Love Tyrant
Took a quick look at it, looks boring.

>Eight StB OVAs
How lewd are they gonna go?

>Masamune-kun ready to shit things up
MC really pisses me off here.

>Eromanga-sensei
Ehh.

>Oh and that Machiavellism one
Is this the one where MC fights against student council or whatever? He's pretty chill too unlike those pansy ass betas or ultra edgelords.

It's just another thing that's cool to hate when it's not even close to the worst thing out there. People think they're intelligent for shredding it and jerking each other off about how beneath them it is. It's utterly pathetic.

This post is far worse than these Congrats

Or people just don't like it.

wtf I love asterisk now

Just seeing how you backlink/quote tells me how new you are.

By battle harem standards it's pretty good.

Well of course there's that, but there are a million things just as bad that slip under the radar and people just never talk about. Similar thing happened with Kabaneri and the horde of retards thinking they were smart because they could type "biba ruined the show".

Kabaneri actually had a pretty good start though, and in particular the art style was beautiful. Asterisk just felt hollow right from the start and never really felt like it had anything going for it.

Hell no, it's shit. The girls are shit and the battles are uninteresting with talk talk talk and then a little action. Even Infinite Stratos is far better, Britain and France both have way more personality than whatever shit Asterisk has.

In terms of production values? Yes.

People feel smart and vindicated bashing it because digi released that video series and people latched onto his analysis to ride his coat tails to a percieved anime enlightenment. Literally "aren't we all so tasteful for hating this, guys?"

>not Germany
You had one job. And at the very least, the IS girls have more personality than Asterisk's. Actually that's probably the only real difference but nonetheless that's important for harems.

WTF that some rock-bottom low standard there.

The only thing I hate about this entire debacle is that anybody shitting on this show is somehow that literal who e-celeb bogeyman you fags have given too much attention in the threads when this first aired.

Fucking hell.

read the signature

Meh, Germany was forgettable. Objective IS rankings are Britain > France > China > Germany >>> Japan.

>a ponyfag made it so that anyone who hates this shit is automatically him
If someone told me a year ago that this is how it would turn out with Asterisk, I'd call them fucking crazy.

>People in this thread are actually defending this trash heap of a show.

This is easily the worst show of the season. I mean holy fucking shit, you can't get any worse than this!

I found this shit boring before that even came out.
This too.

They even had a kickass soundtrack too. They must have put way more effort in to this than they would other battle harems, but they either chose the wrong series or that's just the best they can do nowadays.

>you fags
It's literally one sperg who flips his shit whenever the shitposter shows up.

>Emilia
Into the trash it goes.

I respectfully disagree my fair user.

Funny thing, I actually tried to love it, thinking the haters just hate it for the sake of being cool, but alas, I have failed miserably in doing so, and dropped it without finishing ep 6 while leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

As long as Japan and China remain near the bottom, I'll agree.

They should've just done the Queenvale spinoff instead of the main story.
>her and Sylvia as the main characters
This is a cruel world, fuck the main cast.

This.
I blame you stupid motherfucking shitposters for giving that attention whoring youtube autist the time of day.

It's right though. "Overrated" implies that there exists an objective rating system, which is not true in the case of entertainment.